• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So...I have ranked all the different Uairs into a tier list

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Oh boy look who's back
This is ranking the uairs of all the different characters in this game, based on their uairs as their own moves, not combos into them. Combos starting with a uair are okay. There is no order within the tiers

Don't shoot me down I tried

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
I'd argue Shulk should be in C or B because it kills stupidly early (though I'm not expert on Shulk), and Meta Knight's should be in B tier because it can link into itself like 3-4 times if you do it properly (and into up-B). Olimar's should probably be at least C since purple pikmins kill pretty early.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I'd argue Shulk should be in C or B because it kills stupidly early (though I'm not expert on Shulk), and Meta Knight's should be in B tier because it can link into itself like 3-4 times if you do it properly (and into up-B). Olimar's should probably be at least C since purple pikmins kill pretty early.
the hitbox on shulk's is utter garbage, that's the same with Meta knight,Olimar's I can see, but it has no priority.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
It's true that players can fall out of the first hit. In Buster Art, that moves does a lot of shield damage.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
lucas should be on the same tier as Roy. His uair is a pretty bad move with terrible range and the only reason it is used often is because of the hoohaa.

Last edited:

Hotcakes

Smash Rookie
I think Ganon should move up a tier. It kills extremely early, comes out on frame 6, and autocancels out of a shorthop. It also has a pretty nice semi-spike hitbox during the late hit.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It seems these kinds of threads generate responses requesting a particular attack to move up. I'm not interested in doing that. What I'm interested in is how you came about with that list in the first place. There are a variety of things to be considered, such as when the hitbox is active, FAF, the knock-back, the damage, the attack's consistency to follow up, what frames the aerial auto-cancels, &c.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I'm doing nairs next, I'll post the list in here when its done.

It seems these kinds of threads generate responses requesting a particular attack to move up. I'm not interested in doing that. What I'm interested in is how you came about with that list in the first place. There are a variety of things to be considered, such as when the hitbox is active, FAF, the knock-back, the damage, the attack's consistency to follow up, what frames the aerial auto-cancels, &c.
basically all that.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Oh boy here goes. Keep in mind I don't exactly know about EVERY nair. But I tried anyways. Same rules as the last. Nairs are treated as individual moves.

yes, I know, double posting or whatever

Last edited:

DeNikSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShaltSaker
Ike's, MK's, Bowser's and Bayo's should be higher
Lucario's should be lower

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Ike's, MK's, Bowser's and Bayo's should be higher
Lucario's should be lower
bowser's comes out slow, has horrid landing lag and can barely even kill, MK's has no real use aside from a decent kill move off stage when bair doesn't work, netta's is fine. It's nowhere near as godlike as you may think of it as, it's on the same level as cloud's and mewtwo's. Ike's nair is slow as well but it does have its combos, but its still super slow. Lucario's nair is real good, it comes out nice and fast, has decent range, and with aura it's broken as hell.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Why is Corrin not A tier? Her nair is amazing. And why is Jigglypuff D tier when nair is easily one of her best moves?

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Okay, well, Corrin's should be A. It frame traps incredibly well, juggles well, is quite disjointed, and comes out decently early (frame 6). Jigglypuff's nair is surprisingly strong, dealing 11% damage and can even KO in certain situations. The hitbox is active for a looong time (though the weak hit only deals 6% damage), from frame 6 to frame 30. Cloud's is frame 5 to frame 15, Corrin's is frame 6 to 19. It should be either in B or C.

Hotcakes

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight's nair is significantly better than Kirby's due to much faster start up and much lower end lag. You're underselling Game & Watch's nair as well, large hitbox, decent combo starter, and does 17% on its own. Ryu's nair might have minimal landing lag but the hitbox leaves a lot to be desired. Lucas' is worse than all of B tier and a lot of C tier. Doc's nair isn't bad enough to be in the same tier as Little Mac.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Put Lucas in Little Mac tier. Technically he can do nairplanes too.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Put Lucas in Little Mac tier. Technically he can do nairplanes too.
nyoom

Meta Knight's nair is significantly better than Kirby's due to much faster start up and much lower end lag. You're underselling Game & Watch's nair as well, large hitbox, decent combo starter, and does 17% on its own. Ryu's nair might have minimal landing lag but the hitbox leaves a lot to be desired. Lucas' is worse than all of B tier and a lot of C tier. Doc's nair isn't bad enough to be in the same tier as Little Mac.
I'm very sure that you forgot all the followups that Ryu and Lucas's nair has, much more than pretty much any nair in B and C aside from some like Sonic. Be gone with this tunnel vision.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
while old....there is a thread ranking moves. It could use a reboot or some kind of resurrection though.

Molk

Smash Cadet
Roy's Uair is decently fast at frame 5 (his fastest aerial in terms of startup), hits around almost his entire body, has a decent amount of active frames (5-12), has a decently low amount of landing lag (14 frames despite not autocancelling out of a SH), and landing Uair is an amazing combo at a HUGE range of percentages due to the aforementioned low landing lag as well as low knockback values.

If you knew all of this and still placed it as the second worst Uair in the game i really don't know what to tell you....

Scorpion17

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1908-4256-7445
Oh boy here goes. Keep in mind I don't exactly know about EVERY nair. But I tried anyways. Same rules as the last. Nairs are treated as individual moves.

yes, I know, double posting or whatever
ikes should be higher at least one tier, maybe kirbys too. maybe even pacman.

Last edited:

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
So why exactly did you order Doc's dashattack a tier under marios?`Like the hitbox is the same, faf and starting frame is the same, the combo potential is about the same(there are some not enough labbed things for both chars like late dashattack to fair for mario and late dashattack to upair for Doc. There might be other things), docs does 0,96% more damage.
Mario and Doc want to use the dashattack in the same situations too.

I don't really understand why you ordered doc's nair at the lowest too. it is still the same combobreaking 3frame move Mario has just that like early and late damage is reversed. (Marios does 8% early and doc's 5,6% early. Late marios does 5% and doc's 8,96%)
I guess Marios is better because of his better speed/airspeed that he can use to navigate with crossup nair, the damage on the early hitbox and such things for example but i don't think that can justify the placement of doc's nair.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
So why exactly did you order Doc's dashattack a tier under marios?`Like the hitbox is the same, faf and starting frame is the same, the combo potential is about the same(there are some not enough labbed things for both chars like late dashattack to fair for mario and late dashattack to upair for Doc. There might be other things), docs does 0,96% more damage.
Mario and Doc want to use the dashattack in the same situations too.

I don't really understand why you ordered doc's nair at the lowest too. it is still the same combobreaking 3frame move Mario has just that like early and late damage is reversed. (Marios does 8% early and doc's 5,6% early. Late marios does 5% and doc's 8,96%)
I guess Marios is better because of his better speed/airspeed that he can use to navigate with crossup nair, the damage on the early hitbox and such things for example but i don't think that can justify the placement of doc's nair.
It's mostly due to doc being so much slower than mario. Sheik, Mewtwo, and Cloud's dash attacks wouldn't be so high if they weren't so fast. The initial dash has a big part to play in how good a dash attack is, it IS a DASH attack after all.

SwagGuy99

Smash Ace
It's mostly due to doc being so much slower than mario. Sheik, Mewtwo, and Cloud's dash attacks wouldn't be so high if they weren't so fast. The initial dash has a big part to play in how good a dash attack is, it IS a DASH attack after all.
But docs dash attaxck combos into bair, nair and uair so well at low to mid percents. It's just such a great combo starter, probably on par (or maybe better) with/than Mario's.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
But docs dash attaxck combos into bair, nair and uair so well at low to mid percents. It's just such a great combo starter, probably on par (or maybe better) with/than Mario's.
You know what, I'm just gonna pull a salt and say that its your opinion m8. I think it's hot trash you think its passable, lets just agree to disagree since we're over here arguing about fricking doctor mario's dash attack, of all characters!

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
In the Up airs, I would put Roy, Mario, Bowser Jr., Shiek, Meta Knight and Bowser higher up and put, DK, Palutaina, Fox, and Dr. Mario a little lower

In the N airs, I would put Meta Knight, Pit, Falco, Mario, Yoshi and Lucas a little higher and put Luigi, Palutaina, DK, and Villager lower.

And for Dash Attacks I would put Pit, Palutaina, Yoshi, Villager, Jiggs, G&W, and Roy higher up and put Fox, Little Mac, Mew Two, Ness, and Pikachu Lower.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
In the Up airs, I would put Roy, Mario, Bowser Jr., Shiek, Meta Knight and Bowser higher up and put, DK, Palutaina, Fox, and Dr. Mario a little lower

In the N airs, I would put Meta Knight, Pit, Falco, Mario, Yoshi and Lucas a little higher and put Luigi, Palutaina, DK, and Villager lower.

And for Dash Attacks I would put Pit, Palutaina, Yoshi, Villager, Jiggs, G&W, and Roy higher up and put Fox, Little Mac, Mew Two, Ness, and Pikachu Lower.
Falco and Lucas nair is not too great since it can be SDIed rather easily and doesn't follow up that much unless if it's a footstool. Fox's dash attack is very good, one of the best. Ness's dash attack is good at landings.

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
Fox's dash attack leads to some very bad things, more so than the rest of A-Tier. Meta Knight's is still far and away the best dash attack though, but imo, MK SS-tier, Fox S-Tier, then the rest.

Sheik's Nair is also probably the best OoS option in the game, as it's basically a better Luigi Nair, and combos into Bouncing Fish, amoung other things. It is also the best Nair for gimping, and is definitely better than Mewtwo's Nair. Mewtwo's Nair is good, but not as good as Sheik's Nair, as Sheik's Nair is arguably her best Aerial, and Sheik has fantastic Aerials (Dair doesn't exist, K?).

Last edited:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Sheik's Nair is also probably the best OoS option in the game
Curious as to why you think that. At frame 7, it's nowhere near the fastest, and I highly doubt it's better in other ways enough to compensate. For comparison, some of the faster OoS options (not all, but some of the better ones):
For combos:
:4bayonetta: Up-B (frame 4)
:4diddy::4luigi::4mario::4ness::4sheik: grab (frame 6)
For kills:
:4drmario::4mario: Up-B (frame 3)
:4zss: Up-B (frame 4)
:4samus: Up-B (frame 5)
:4diddy: Up-smash (frame 6)
:4ness: grab (frame 6)
:4ryu: Up-B (frame 6; true version may be slower)

Is Sheik's nair really that useful?

Top Bottom