• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm still not 100% understanding the part where a laggy, no hitbox, no invincibility option is helpful in comparison to the disjointed and low cooldown hitbox or the invincible option one has when they still have their jump?

Plus, if you reverse the solo belay, it shifts your momentum away from the stage in most recovery situations, meaning you'd have to start the belay while drifting away from the stage to reverse momentum back towards the stage.

Teh Future

Smash Master
SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Hey Phil

Spotdodge

Downsmash

LOL

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Went ICs in LF vs MCPP's Wolf game 3 & 4. Game 3, I won on FD, lol. Game 4, I dropped my grab second stock 2-3 times, and lost because of that. Ugh--I guess I felt pressured, and I wasn't used to it. I will be used to it next time, and I won't drop any grabs @ SKTAR 2.

DeLux

Bring him in your guys' carpool to Z4 and I'll show him some stuff. He's very 2009 imo. Not a bad thing persay, and some questionable decision making. But he could do well, it's just hard to tell when he's not being pressured hard.

Ken needs to stick to some snake imo :p

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
imo his chain grab consistency is high/top level
its his complete lack of knowledge of how ice climbers play in general thats very low level
he fishes way too much for grabs

what amazes me is that we have a new player emerge who knows how to chaingrab from the get go
pretty amazing to me O_o

and if Z4 is that tourney next week.
we have a monthly a few months in the making the same weekend
so sorry but i don't think utah can make this one

dettadeus

Smash Lord
in case anyone cares this was GF's of the Pre-Z tournament in CO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU4nCXZvSzQ
Me vs some MK player who apparently was from Kansas originally
(don't watch the third game because we basically both only lost stocks to technical errors and trips)

i really wish my set with SunnySunny could've been saved (it was WF's), it went 3-2 and was really close almost every game but the guy running the stream wouldn't put brawl top 3 on the stream :T

onlyaaron17

Smash Cadet
NNID
onlyaaron17
That response is too silly. I know ic has some pretty good juggling moves, what's the best way to set-up for that? Also lolol "no getting grabbed" means "don't misplay at all" o.O

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The fact you kill everyone with a grab makes people jump because you can't grab in the air. Then you just uair them for free damage. The simplest way to explain ICs I think.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Are we dead yet? Is it possible to necro a sticky? Guess I'll find out soon if I get notice for infractions and whatnot.
-zombieguestoutoftouch.png

Sylarius

Smash Ace
So is there really nobody around here anymore? I'm leaving for a tournament in Calgary tomorrow and would like some advice before I go :|

DeLux

Since someone asked me to post it on FB. MU's imho. Sorted roughly by how hard they are imho as well. Assuming all these modern stage lists

:popo:

-1: :metaknight: :zerosuitsamus:/:toonlink:/:rob:/:peach: :snake:
0: :diddy::popo::marth: :wario::wolf::ike:
+1: :lucario::pit::dedede::olimar::yoshi2::ness2: :pt: :pikachu2: :sonic:
+2: :samus2::falco::gw::lucas::dk2::fox::kirby2: :jigglypuff::link2: :luigi2: :mario2::sheik:
+3: :zelda::falcon::bowser2: :ganondorf:

Last edited:

buhowl

Smash Rookie
I have serious problems with a G&W in local tournaments (Chile)... What to do? Pickup a better starter? Some start strategy?

HELP !!!

Last edited:

DeLux

A chaser is the common term for when you have Nana do a special option, and then you run behind that special option with Popo as if you're chasing it.

For example, ISC (Ice Shot Chaser) you'd have Nana Ice Shot and then run behind it with Popo since ice shot acts as a pin force your opponent to do something.
A Blizzard Chaser you'd have Nana blizzard while walking forward with blizzard, since blizzard has a finite range, but the sync mechanics makes it so you can drag Nana forward while she does blizzard.

Since Blizzard outrange almost all of GnW's attack options (assuming you do this under a platform to avoid Dair), you can just have nana throw out blizzard and walk forward to cover almost every poking option, and it combos to grab if they don't SDI.

buhowl

Smash Rookie
A chaser is the common term for when you have Nana do a special option, and then you run behind that special option with Popo as if you're chasing it.

For example, ISC (Ice Shot Chaser) you'd have Nana Ice Shot and then run behind it with Popo since ice shot acts as a pin force your opponent to do something.
A Blizzard Chaser you'd have Nana blizzard while walking forward with blizzard, since blizzard has a finite range, but the sync mechanics makes it so you can drag Nana forward while she does blizzard.

Since Blizzard outrange almost all of GnW's attack options (assuming you do this under a platform to avoid Dair), you can just have nana throw out blizzard and walk forward to cover almost every poking option, and it combos to grab if they don't SDI.
Thanks!

Best starter?

Top Bottom