• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I finally got a rubber cap for my controller...

Gbeggo

Smash Rookie
But the thumbstick feels too high, I can't shield drop consistently, and the contact between my thumb and the thumbstick becomes slippery when I sweat and I can't dash dance properly as a result. I never thought I'd be complaining about having a rubber cap on my gamecube controller, but I can't go back because those edges are pretty jagged and can mess up my thumb.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
One friend of mine just put a balloon over the stick and it feels 1000x times better and didn't cost much, it also doesn't feel "high" because the height stays the exact same.

Pauer

The Pauerful
Yeah, balloons actually work quite well. Get a very small one, maybe buy a bag of different sizes and find the smallest you can stretch over the stick. Then cut it off near the tip and just stretch it over the stick.

I've also seen shrink wrap used for the same purposes, though most shrink wrap isn't rubberized. Maybe you can find a brand that has a grippy texture. I've been looking for good solutions for replacing rubber caps but I haven't found a very good one yet.

Top Bottom