• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, how are you doing on avoiding spoilers?

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Im doing perfectly fine, I usually make a BIG curve around things I dont want to get spoiled, while the character roster is already spoiled for me, including FSes.

Good luck avoiding spoilers and lceman!

Fawriel

Smash Master
its a fighting game, the only things that matters is winning.
You're a moronic philistine, the only thing that matters is that you gtfo and stop meddling in affairs that shouldn't concern you in the least.

Fawriel

Smash Master
So because I use my first amendment right (freedom of speech) you have to flame me :laugh:
Yeah, you seem like the sort of self-righteous pissant who'd claim that he's making use of the first amendment... Quite the freedom fighter, aren't you.

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
So because I use my first amendment right (freedom of speech) you have to flame me :laugh:
Well, actually, he's be using his first amendment to flame you.
Furthermore, not everybody lives in United States; they don't like to live in a place that breeds people like you. Now go and defend your glorious country by posting spoilers about Smash Bros.
(For everyone else in the US, I apologize. I just hate it when people use the first amendment to be *******s like that. I have nothing against your country, live about an hour from it, and often drop by to visit from the north.)

Wow, you posted the character list in just about every thread. Congratulations. Honestly, can I ask you why you did that? I'm not being facetious or setting you up for a flame; I just want to know why (I'm studying to be a psychologist, and one thing I've never understood properly is intentional griefing like that).
And are you a World of Warcraft player? Your sig reminds me of WoW.

maxieman

Smash Ace
roster isnt really a spoiler for me, so I looked that up and watched some vids so its no big deal.. kind of like a new trailer for me each time... but SSE Isnt gonna be spoiled by me!

vull45

Smash Apprentice
The First Amendment does not protect us from the social or economic consequences of what we say or write. and it does not protect from censure. Just to clear things up

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
im actually doing as well as id hoped, not looking at any brawl sites (BRAWL CENTRAL ESPECIALLY), but a few of us unfortunately have spoilers in our signatures *COUGH*, so sadly ive had a few characters spoiled already :(

Zodiac

Smash Master
Not doing good,I mean, I'll probablly forget and go "WOOOOOOE! I didnt know ***** was in this game oh man!"

PCHU

Smash Lord
From various studies, I have concluded that 1/3 do not want their characters, the stages, or the SSE to be spoiled. 2/3 have seen the roster, but stay away from the SSE. But, somewhere in the negative 3rds, there are the ones who have seen everything, and 99% of those people regret it. Odd logic. But, anyway...

Characters=good. Kind of unavoidable, but at least no one is going around posting about *Insert last boss here 'cause I don't know who it is and I want it to stay that way*.

SSE=America's largest joy, not to ever be tampered with until it is released, or unless it was an accident, or you are sick and twisted.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I watched a video showing all the characters' taunts, but shielded my eyes when it showed two characters I wasn't familiar with.
I didn't shield my eyes for a certain other character, who I immediately got fascinated with because he's awesome.

Earlier today, I watched a video showing said character in a duel with a similar character.
On Shadow Moses.

I then looked at the fact that I'm stuck in an Eastern German city, I have no Wii, I will have to wait for months for Brawl to even be released here and even then it's far from certain that I'll be able to afford it and that it's my birthday later this month and it's not certain that I'll be getting anything at all because the relative I live with has barely enough money to supply us with food every day.
I came to the conclusion that this sucks.

The course of action is obvious: You guys will help me overthrow the current president of the USA, whoever that may de facto be, and we will establish communism.

So I can get a Wii.

I'm sure we can all agree to that.

Seriously, though, I think I'll give in and just let SSE be the only thing I won't spoil for myself. *sigh*

Otto_

Smash Cadet
I was telling myself to not look at any character and BANG i have seen the whole roster now... but I will spare the SSE until i got it, and i am doing that one well.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
I've pretty much spoiled every single thing in the game for me...XD
I couldn't help it... it.. it was calling to me, and.. I had to click on the videos... D:

Fawriel

Smash Master
Watching Gimpyfish's videos right now.

Is this heaven I see before my very eyes? Yet when I reach out, I grasp nothing... oh woe is me, for I am German.
*dying swan*

PCHU

Smash Lord
Chillax, dude! ahahahahahaahaha.......Ok.

Anyhow, I can't believe what I just did....crap, I'm almost to the point of YELLING...
I SAW THE LAST BOSS! Stupid Stupid YOUTUBE! DAAARG....GA-HA.......
NNNNDA....
Um, yeah, I saw him....it...whatever....
But the good news: I don't know who the heck he is! SCORE ONE BILLION 4 IGNORANCE!

All I know is that he is
Blue and aura-y, plus it seems as if he can fly. I do know he controls the hands.
But other than that, he is what his name is to me!
7@B00! LOLZ, I typed it in 1337!

Taboo

Also, I don't know why you fight him, where, how, or anything like that. I am saved. Plus, even better, I don't know about the roles of the evil people!
And another thing-- once it comes out, I won't remember, it will be
Taboo
to me. Sorry about all the spoiler tags.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
****,that was the last boss?Heck!.At least I dont know the end,the bosses and a lot of scenes.I dont want information about SE.

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
I've successfully avoided spoilers so far. I avoid Youtube, I no longer visit the DOJO, and the Spoiler-Free zone is the only room I visit on Smashboards now. I only have to keep this up for one more month; it shouldn't be too hard.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I guess the characters were unavoidable. But everything else seems fine. Though I've been unlucky since Monday and it's scaring me. The funny thing was that the first character than Iceman mentioned was the one I didn't know about.

I guess all the characters that were in that cloud theory are confirmed: as boss or playable. Maybe it wasn't that much of a waste after all.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I....looked...at the last boss.
But, it wasn't a good picture! I still....don't know what it is......
It's name is.....kind of fitting.
It's weird. I want to see it, but I don't. What's up?

I just don't get it at all.
Well, not too much longer until I get it, and beat it in 1 day.

Thunderbird980

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to know if one of my wishcharcters is in. Got spoiled with one new character that is in and what characters are not in.

Sadly my wishcharacter did not make it. q.q

PCHU

Smash Lord
And that person was....................

Well, I just want to know.

I can't believe that
the last boss looks like TRON! Or, at least, from people who have seen him. Lately, all I have seen are low-def pictures.

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
well the dojo really isnt as dangerous as i thought itd be for spoilers....i gave in one day and looked at the dojo, but was quite pleased when i saw little question marks for character avatars (which, amazingly, i still havent looked at). the other updates are just starting stuff though, so its okay. ^_^

PCHU

Smash Lord
Lucky you, I'm spoiled....but not to where I know EVERYTHING......
but I'm close. I ALMOST know what's up with the final boss, why he's there.............
Why he controls the hands, why he's the last boss, etc. I'm guessing he made the wire frames, because in Melee they said that no one knows where they're from.
If you read the spoilers, I guessed that by myself.....except for the first part, that got spoiled by nuts on youtube.

Otto_

Smash Cadet
well, i dont get the feeling of the spoilers saying ''come closer, click me and spoil yourself!'' i am more like aware/frightening of seeing spoilers.... But when i saw dojo was going to the spoil stage of updates i was trying to find a video with non spoilers. but alot of videos had the name *Secret characters vs more secret characters* in the name of the video. lol **** youtube. btw i dont know how to mark spoiler tags...

nice1

Smash Lord
i'm doin good i i don't no all the stages the assist trophies and i don't no jackk about sse

Otto_

Smash Cadet
I have seen all the characters, some stages but nothing more.. I am doing good :)

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
I was planning on avoiding spoilers but I came across a Brawl party, so I figured it was worth it to get a chance to play it early and with a big crowd of people.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
Saw the roster and watched parts of the SSE ending.
When you see random parts, it makes no sense.
Basically, I'm not really avoiding spoilers much.
But I'm not really watching SSE videos.
I want to save some suprises, whether I saw the ending or not.

D

Deleted member

I'm only avoiding SSE spoilers. I have seen SOME videos in SSE though but not a lot. Only a boss battle (not saying who) and a battle around the middle of the story. I try avoiding them by not watching the videos of them on Youtube. Quite simple.

Roster, Stages and Music aren't really a big problem for me to spoil myself. I call it an only Single Awarness Day gift to myself.... God I'm so alone. =(

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
hm, funny story....
well i originally started out only knowing the starting roster and nothing else
then as i started browsing the spoiler free zone, people's signatures and carelessness and some other minor things spoiled for me even more characters, until i realized that i had the same amount of characters spoiled for me as the final roster!!....so now after all my efforts im not doing so well :'(
ohwell, the only other things spoiled for me are a few stages, most of which were shoo-ins
btw the roster really sucks.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
For those who know the roster and are dissappointed, don't be. The problem is that Sakurai revealed so much already on the DOJO before the game came out. If he wouldn't have done that, we'd be a lot more excited. As someone who's watched hundreds of youtube vids of all the characters, you won't be dissappointed. They worked really hard to give add unique movesets and personalities to the ones that already were in Melee, it's awesome.

Stinkoman

Smash Apprentice
Pretty bad...
I know the full roster, the music, the stages, and a good amount of the movesets.
Luckily though, I've managed to stray away from most of the Subspace Emissary plot, the assist trophies, and how to unlock the characters.

Not to mention it was completely impossible for me to remain spoiler-free of the roster, because all my friends called me and blurted it out when they found out. >.>

Stinkoman

Smash Apprentice
Pretty bad...
I know the full roster, the music, the stages, and a good amount of the movesets.
Luckily though, I've managed to stray away from most of the Subspace Emissary plot, the assist trophies, and how to unlock the characters.

Not to mention it was completely impossible for me to remain spoiler-free of the roster, because all my friends called me and blurted it out when they found out. >.>

johniam22

Smash Rookie
Ha! I think its funny to see that people talking about what they've been spoiled about basically give away spoilers . Point is if you really want to stay spoiler free don't visit Smashboards...Of all places.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Ha! I think its funny to see that people talking about what they've been spoiled about basically give away spoilers . Point is if you really want to stay spoiler free don't visit Smashboards...Of all places.
The only thing we've been spoiling so far is characters. It's still safe from everything else though
Isaac keeps being mentioned.

johniam22

Smash Rookie
The only thing we've been spoiling so far is characters. It's still safe from everything else though
Isaac keeps being mentioned.
Yeah that and
the ancient minster's real identity
. I mean I speculated that he wasn't "himself" but coming here i know it as fact.It takes away the uncertainty ya know?
I'm just saying people should be more careful choosing their words.

Top Bottom