• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, how are you doing on avoiding spoilers?

Zevox

Smash Lord
Well, looks like the Dojo is being pretty friendly for those of you who want to avoid any and all spoilers - it no longer loads the latest updates on the first page, and today's character update is put under a third "secret characters" list, and is simply marked with a question mark until you select to view it from the list. Awfully nice of Sakurai.

Anyway, I'm only trying to avoid Subspace Emissary spoilers myself (I don't consider characters or stages spoilers, and I won't pretend to understand why some do, but whatever), and so far I've been fairly successful. Saw some screens of it, but without the context they acted more like teasers than spoilers - certainly no worse than what was already on the Dojo. I did watch a full video of one stage of it, since it had a character I wanted to see in action, but thats it.

Someone tell me what's wrong with this picture.
Irony - theres just no escaping it.

Zevox

PCHU

Smash Lord
I have liked Super Smash brothers ever since I first played it over at my friends house, like 3-4 years ago. Now, I despise it- because the JUICY INFO on HIDDEN characters is SO HARD not to look at! I heard there was a big Oh My Gosh character, but I definitely don't want to be spoiled on that one. It's like....
Not eating a burger. If you eat it now, you'll be hungry later.

Wow, that actually made sense!

Anyways, I'm holding up, and Pokemon is a big helper here. Diamond should.........
keep.....me.......away........MAN, it's like spoilers is the big button that you can't wait to push! Geez, I already know a few characters! And I ADMIT IT! I CHECKED
SMASHDOJO! YEAH! And I'm so glad that *beep* made a *SPOILERZLOL* in SSBB.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Every site i go on has spoilers I know only 3 characters and SSE i haven't seen yet I'll just try to beat fire emblem path of radiance and Mario galaxy until march

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
yeah. i tried. and you know what? i now know the entire roster. and a lot of SSE spoilers.

It's hard to contain yourself.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Im doing well in avoing the SSE info, but my friend, without even thinking, came up and told me the whole roster without warning. at first I didnt believe him, but then I came back here and saw the list of characters in the character disscusion page...

Star105

Smash Journeyman
eh....................well.........

i got the whole roster

but the only SSE spoilers that i have are the vids from the demos and what was revealed on the dojo............ thats it but it will last me until i have the game (i hope so :dizzy:)

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
its not that im bad at avoiding spoilers..

its more like spoilers are bad at avoiding me.

no matter what site i go on and such, or things i hear at teh video game store, spoilers are leaked non stop....even when im trying not to spoil anything..

and then theres having this whole board above the character discussion and u see:"Who will main _________?!"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm looking up all the SSE movies on YouTube to avoid spoilers...

Just to know if any of the information I see written is suppose to be a spoiler or not...

all i saw was the characters in character discussion. i think most of those characters are bogus anyway.
Your joking...right?

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
I'm doing terribly. Quite, quite terribly. I have seen enough SSE content to equal 2 cutscenes, as well as the whole roster (Even though I always had the intent to know the roster and moves beforehand). Worst part is that I'm extremely tempted to just spoil it for myself, due to how easy it would be.

firebird34

Smash Apprentice
i've donr horrible i keep wanting to know wats happening and click like crazy ahhhh

Zelda92

Smash Cadet
I've seen what I want to see by now. I know some of the adventure mode that I was unfortunate enough to find in Gametrailers, but I don't watch it again, hoping to forget it all!
I'm doing pretty good imo..
At least for now. :ohwell:

Darkburst

Smash Cadet
I willingly spoiled all the characters and stges, but I'm trying to avoid SSE info. Most of what I have spoiled was little stuff, but there was a big one I accidentaly saw...

The Ainchent(sorry about horrid spelling) Minister's identity.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I already know 7 characters thanks to GameFAQs reviewers and the first leak (which was no big deal) and 1 stage. But that's all I will know. I will not be spoiled anymore.

Besides I got much to do in real-life so avoiding spoilers now should be easy, well I hope so at least.

Tsumuji

Smash Rookie
I made a point to tell one of my friends that I was trying to avoid spoilers. This was ironic, because up until now, I was by far the most knowledgeable on Brawl information. So anyway, I boycotted spoilers and even used Firefox add-ons to block sites.

The next day, the aforementioned friend came over and we had the following conversation:

Friend: Check out the roster! _____ looks so cool, and their Final Smash is _____. Man, this game is gonna be awesome. And in SSE? Holy cow, ______ is gonna be so awesome to fight!

Me: ....Dude. What the hell?

Friend: Oh, you already knew all of this anyway.

Me: No I ****ing didn't! Get out of my house!

He still stayed, but he didn't show any remorse for telling me. ***.

dsi1

Smash Rookie
I only know of two new characters
Wolf, ROB
, and the new stage revealed on the Dojo. (Why couldn't the stages be put in question marks too...)

Zevox

Smash Lord
I only know [...] and the new stage revealed on the Dojo. (Why couldn't the stages be put in question marks too...)
Because that one isn't a spoiler, but a starter. Check the "Brawl" mode update from January 30th - you can see it on the starting stage select screen in there (middle row, last stage).

Zevox

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
I can't stand waiting all month, so I already know the entire roster, and I accidentally came upon part of the ending of SSE, but only in writing and not in video format. I also don't know many of the SSE bosses, which is the main thing I'm being sure to avoid, because I love boss fights. D:

strider43

Smash Journeyman
I did bad bad, I played brawl on Saturday. Cried about it Sunday, recouped Monday and I am ready to play again tomorrow morning on Tuesday.

The game is such crap. -.- BB all advanced techniques, hello sucky ink drop >.>

Elysium

Smash Lord
I'm about 50/50 on spoilers. I'm staying away from the events of SSE. The most I saw was the intro vid. Besides staying away from SSE, I failed at everything else.

QFT Saber QFT

NukeA6

Smash Master
Watch out for the sigs. Some got spoilers.
I now know that Marth and Metaknight team up

you people piss me off...that you cant understand that its a total new game =O...so that means NEW undiscovered advanced techniques...
They seem to forget that many of their techniques (wavedashing for example) were never meant to be in Melee in the first place. They're almost glitches.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Wow, guys avoiding character spoilers must be hard. I've just gotta tell you something. Ecpect a good but compact roster if you know what I mean. If you don't you'll probably end up like most of the n00bs out there.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Watch out for the sigs. Some got spoilers.
I now know that Marth and Metaknight team up
Crap, sorry. I've been trying to remember to turn my signature off every time I post in this section of the forum - did well up until that one :( .

Zevox

cccck

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what i didn't want to know... the story of Sub space but I know every playable person and stage....

Spoiler
If you reading this... you suck at avoiding spoilers... I mean come on! I used the spoiler tag... really?

Kamyu

Smash Cadet
I just can't control myself xD! I already spoiled myself with some characters (I don't know if I already know the entire roster yet lol) because some people put their names on youtube videos and its impossible not to read them :ohwell:. The only thing I haven't seen are SSE videos, I will do my best not to watch them :bee:

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
Ever since giving in to the Deathly Hallows spoilers, I've sworn not to give in. I'm doing a fine job, huh... >.>'.
You gave in to DH? I even stopped reading RSS feeds at all to avoid DH spoilers, stopped playing online games for the month before . . . I didn't have a single temptation, I wanted to enjoy it for myself.
That said, helping my friend learn to play World of Warcraft got me spoiled by some jerk. Then I got him banned, but it was irritating as hell. Luckily, I basically just brain-blocked what he said and while he turned out to be right, I still enjoyed it immensely.

When I was at the Halo 3 launch, some drunken idiots drove by yelling "spoilers" that turned out to be wrong if you watch the full ending. That was funny.

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
/golfclap

Thank you Iceman. It's just like the guy who spoiled Deathly Hallows for me (see above) except that I knew . . . and you're reported.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I would have been pissed if I didn't already spoil the roster last night. It's only a matter of time till I spoil SSE. All of these spoilers are taking away from the experience though, what's the point of playing it when you know everything that happens? It's not much fun to leave out that part of the game.

Top Bottom