• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So has anyone found a way to throw a metal blade forward while moving backwards in the air?

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Was just thinking the other day and have always thought it wasn't possible, but I figured I'd make a post just to see if anyone has stumbled onto anything that makes it possible to throw the blade in one direction without being forced to temporarily move in that direction as well.

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
yes, jump use second c stick in the direction of choice while holding back on the main one

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
I coulda swore I've tried that and it didn't work, but I will definitely retry this as soon as I can hop on!

alrighty, it should work considering thats how sheik does retreating fairs

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
I tested this thoroughly, the c stick on tilt stick for sure does not allow me to throw it forward while retreating sadly.

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
if you're able to do this, can you upload a vid showing yourself doing it? Would be mucho appreciated :D
I'll try when I get the chance, it has been a while since I megamanned

Unix

Smash Cadet
I tested this thoroughly, the c stick on tilt stick for sure does not allow me to throw it forward while retreating sadly.
Try this. (I don't know if it works because I do not have Wii U, but in theory it should.)

NOTE: *:GCCN:C-stick is set to Attack.

1. :GCB: Press Special button in air and HOLD any Attack Button immediately (:GCLT:/:GCRT:/:GCZ: on Attack is recommended)
ATTENTION: Mega Man prepares to throw, do not lose sight of the animation.)
2. :GCL: Hold stick to back. (To retreat)
3. :GCCR: Tap C-stick to front JUST as Mega Man throw the Metal Blade.
4. If you succeed, quickly release C-stick :GCCN: and RELEASE Attack Button.

I hope it works, sorry if my English is bad U_U

Last edited:
Top Bottom