• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So do you guys think we do better or worse in MK ban?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It doesn't matter if people who don't play the game think it's scrubby to ban MK...they don't know what they're talking about anyways. If there's good reasoning for the ban, then it won't matter what non-players say. Banning Akuma in SF2 Turbo or Gil in Third Strike...HUR DURRR, why ban them they are characters in the game, THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED. See, I can be ignorant too (I actually do understand why they are banned though).

But the fact remains that the BBR has been too indecisive over the years...four public votes that say yes to the ban and no results? Seriously, what was the point in doing them in the first place then? Just for lulz?

Whatever, if nothing happens after this 5th vote...and the results end up being for the ban AGAIN...well, I will lose the little faith I have in the BBR until the next smash game.

Not hating on individuals members of the BBR, because I know some of the people in there and they're cool, but as a whole/governing body...good lord, do something progressive with the MK issue already.

Steam

Smash Hero
His data is horribly skewed though, it merely determines the correlation between good players, and how many use mk.

That doesnt make MK any less broken and banworthy, but his work does not show this beyond reasonable doubt.

:phone:
Just the fact by itself that MK wins so much money shows enough dominance... and in tournies over 45 entrants MK has like 60% of the winnings @_@

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
So guys... It looks like its finally happening... Let the true speculation and (de)METAgaming begin!

DellSmashman

Smash Cadet
Um, not too sure about how it'll affect Lucario.

Good news are: While Lucario has quite a few disadvantaged matchups, MK was a major one.
Bad news are: Lucario's 2 other major disadvantaged matchups (Snake and Dedede) also benefit from the ban as MK was a major obstacle for them too, and as for DDD (and possibly Snake as well), mid tiers will be more common, and DDD is known to have Solid/Large advantages over majority of the Mid tiers, making this character more common due to it's increased reliance overall.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, D3 is my only worry. Now we have Tech_Chase, a D3 and Snake main, learning all he can about Lucario. We're screwed!

I kid, Tech. <3

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Don't worry I'll keep him restrained.

Techy, MM me for at least $10? In tourney or at your house doesn't matter.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I actually started whooping upon hearing MK getting banned, till I realized that meant more Snakes and DDDs. I haven't played in awhile so forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't those matchups even worse for us than MK?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
D3 is imo worse for us than MK, but that MU is very very stage dependent.

Snake is slightly easier than MK imo, but that's not saying much.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
D3's very straight forward, but yes, stage dependent. Works your approach game really well since it's all about avoiding punishment on his shield.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I know Houston's December Hobo will be MK banned...it probably won't change much since Texas as a whole doesn't have too many MKs anyways...

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
The big test is to see the first NJ MK banned tournament

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
lucario would still have trouble with snake mostly in singles i think but in doubles lucario would probably be one of the best characters if teaming with wario.

Zucco

Smash Master
LUCARIO IS ****ED. MORE OLIMAR AND D3 FOR ME TO NEVER COME BACK TO AND NO MORE EASY MODE MKS WHO DONT KNOW HOW TO FIGHT MY **** AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
v

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
D3?

C'mon Zucco, Junebug already tapped on the best D3 in your region (and CO18 before he went booty).

Olimar is understandable though imo (then again I'm bad and shouldn't be saying anything about those MUs). Then again, less MK = more peach/the occasional troll MU for Olimar.

Zucco

Smash Master
Junebug is the best though, and D3's dont play gay enough, but I guess thats our advantage.

this is just my personal opinion though. I liked fighting snakes and dont think its that bad but I hate d3 and olimar because I dont like how I have to play against them.

Olimar ruins my life.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Olimar will **** reckless aggression. Many Olimars will try to hide this from you, but they have a lot of cooldown in their grabs.

Also, welcome back, Zucco. You picking Brawlybrawl up again?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No, it's not.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You people are weird.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I think it's fun and not stressful, boy I'm weird lol.
whats your mindset about it?

I rage whenever I get grabbed because I'm being dthrow'd to the corner + offstage

getting up from the ledge is no fun either :c

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I like fighting D3s (although I'm super rusty at the MU now that both of my main sources for the MU are gone), I guess it's a "this MU is slightly overrated" thing.

Top Bottom