• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - CEO 2014 So Besides Smash, what Other Fighters do you enjoy playing or competing in?

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Tekken, Soul Calibur, the Dragon Ball Z fighting games, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Marvel vs Capcom, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat

psychoripper

Smash Rookie
Love Street Fighter and CVS2 (the sets played at CEO were awesome). I also am a huge fan of guilty gear

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
I've been gradually picking up Guilty Gear since I have a friend that's really into it. May start going to some locals soon even though I'm still really bad.
Persona, Blaz, KOF, Guilty Gear, SFxT, and Tekken. I haven't been a huge fan of SF4, but I'll be giving it another run with Ultra. I did play Alpha, 3S, the EX series, CvS, and a VERY small amount of ST. I had a small stint with Soul Calbur.

Should I make it to CEO, I will more than likely enter Persona and Blaz along with Melee/PM. Guilty Gear is on notice.
I play Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, MvC(1-3), and I used to play a lot of Street Fighter IV back in the Vanilla-Super days. I still play 3rd Strike from time to time. Played a lot of KoF 98 and Gaoru MoW too. Back when there was a prominent online community for Virtua Fighter 5 Online I was pretty high ranked, same for Dead or Alive 4. Fighting games are probably my favorite games.
BlazBlue's the only one other than Smash I've ever stuck with and learned. I play a decent Ragna.

I've been trying to find Guilty Gear to learn that. Predecessor and all.

I own Skullgirls, and I'll get into it one of these days. It sure looks incredible.
Love Street Fighter and CVS2 (the sets played at CEO were awesome). I also am a huge fan of guilty gear
WOW GUYS GUILTY GEAR SUCKS.

Toadmode

Smash Rookie
Well I love playing Persona 4 Arena, BlazBlue CP, Super Street fighter 4 and that's all besides Smash of course. lol

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
I absolutely love King of Fighters. Not very good at it, but it's so good! Aside from that, I dabble in Street Fighter and Skullgirls and I used to be decent at Soul Calibur. Got my stick, so I'm prepared. :D

Ever try to play Smash with a stick? It's unusual to say the least.

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
Guilty Gear above all else, with some Skullgirls and Mahvel on the side. I've also been getting into BlazBlue recently, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Street Fighter (II and IV), Soul Calibur, DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi, and of course Super Smash Bros.

I even enjoy Kart Fighter and hope that someone revamps the concept to be more complete.

I also enjoy M.U.G.E.N - it's a real scavenger hunt to find fun, balanced characters. I personally put together different roster sets that hold characters balanced at different levels; Teaf's furries and Dragon Claw are in one roster with their insane combo power, Choujin's DBZ and Killer Instinct characters, along with Street Fighter Alpha's roster, are in another with their similar playstyles, et cetera. And, of course, I have one big roster with EVERYONE, but I just play that one for fun.

Last edited:

GoldenMasterSword

Smash Cadet
NNID
GoldMasterSword
3DS FC
5241-2079-3500
The SF4 series is probably my favourite fighting game besides Smash. As of Ultra, it's incredibly balanced (even bottom tier has some viability... maybe not Deejay nowadays, but we don't talk about him) and really easy to get used to playing. There's definitely a cerebral side to it, and there are a lot of mixups, but once you've fought most of the giant cast, you know what to look for and should be fine.

CheapMovieMonster

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryLink17
3DS FC
1891-1579-9718
I guess the only fighters I genuinely play are Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and MUGEN (assuming it counts), I used to play Street Fighter 4 but after the computers kept spamming certain moves me on the EASIST DIFFICULTY, I couldn't bear the thought of how real players may play so I came to resent that series, although I don't exactly think it's a bad series or anything so I may try it again one day.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I used to play Street Fighter 4 but after the computers kept spamming certain moves me on the EASIST DIFFICULTY, I couldn't bear the thought of how real players may play so I came to resent that series, although I don't exactly think it's a bad series or anything so I may try it again one day.
There's an old saying in fencing: "The best swordsman in the world need only fear the worst, because there's no telling what that idiot will do."

CheapMovieMonster

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryLink17
3DS FC
1891-1579-9718
There's an old saying in fencing: "The best swordsman in the world need only fear the worst, because there's no telling what that idiot will do."
I suppose that is true enough, I guess one way or another I'll end up going back to the game at some point, heck I enjoyed Street Fighter X Tekken despite having somewhat similar problems and for a while I was only picking Tekken characters in it but over time I did start liking the personality and moves of the Street Fighter characters enough to play as a few of them from time to time.

GoldenMasterSword

Smash Cadet
NNID
GoldMasterSword
3DS FC
5241-2079-3500
I suppose that is true enough, I guess one way or another I'll end up going back to the game at some point, heck I enjoyed Street Fighter X Tekken despite having somewhat similar problems and for a while I was only picking Tekken characters in it but over time I did start liking the personality and moves of the Street Fighter characters enough to play as a few of them from time to time.
SFxT is very Tekken character dominant. Chun-Li is about the only really good SF character.
Also never, NEVER judge a game based on CPU gameplay. They either do nothing or have one frame reactions. Play online players carefully. They do really random stuff that they expect to work because it's that stupid.

Top Bottom