• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - CEO 2014 So Besides Smash, what Other Fighters do you enjoy playing or competing in?

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Topic :)

Would love to know if you attend tournaments, do you enter anything else besides Smash, what are your favorite games to compete in or simply play with other friends as well in fighting games?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Various Vs. Games, Street Fighter 2 and 4, and PS All-Stars.

Also planning on getting into Skull girls and Divekick.

XXXX1000

Smash Apprentice
I watch more games than I play. Marvel 2, Marvel 3, and SF4 I love watching, but I never really got good at them and haven't touched them in a few years. MvC2 scene never allowed 3-char teams so I never got to show off my triple Dan. I want to get into Divekick more, though I'll probably just wait for the patch. Don't have no friends who like fighters so I can't practice :(

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Like ... none. But as a game designer I plan to start developing a game next semester that's a platformer fighter, because serious competitive platformer fighters are kind of scant. Gotta pass the course I'm taking right now first, so *fingers crossed*

Last edited:

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
SKULLLGIRLSSSSSSS
R.I.P. Juju
If only more SG players were willing to go to tournaments :/

Last edited:

BANCHEEE

Smash Rookie
DIIIVEEE KICK!

I mean come'on, honestly what other games gets people to create controllers like this :cool:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I've been gradually picking up Guilty Gear since I have a friend that's really into it. May start going to some locals soon even though I'm still really bad.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Persona, Blaz, KOF, Guilty Gear, SFxT, and Tekken. I haven't been a huge fan of SF4, but I'll be giving it another run with Ultra. I did play Alpha, 3S, the EX series, CvS, and a VERY small amount of ST. I had a small stint with Soul Calbur.

Should I make it to CEO, I will more than likely enter Persona and Blaz along with Melee/PM. Guilty Gear is on notice.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Honestly none. I don't have the patience for traditional fighters. Learning those complicated moves where you have to do up left right b a whatever just seems needlessly unintuitive and unfun for me. Smash Bros feels 100x more natural and the process of getting better doesn't involve those ridiculous control schemes. An unpopular opinion but I think traditional fighters are just badly designed.

I'd better put on my flame suit :p.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I play Soul Calibur, Bloody Roar and Digimon Rumble Arena. The latter series has one spammy entry and one that's just bad but I still find fun in it and hope that, with Namco Bandai's experience on Smash, they can learn to make DRA right.

As for the other two, I play at a very basic level with little to no command moves, though it seems there aren't all that many in either of these series anyway. Since playing Broken Destiny I have learnt the nuances of SC's blocking system and Bloody Roar 4 (terrible game, do not buy) taught me how to perform the basic quarter circle moves. One day I might actually be decent at traditional fighters but, for the time being, I wreck AI but lose to the real people who can't beat them. Go figure.

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
Other than Smash I enjoy playing Mortal Kombat and Soul Caliber. I like Street Fighter but I've only ever played it a few time so I'm godawful at it. I even played a bit of the Jojo's Adventure fighting game and it was pretty good, but honestly I still prefer Smash overall, at least from the fighters I've played. It just love the control scheme and as Smash G said it just comes very natural to me (probably because of the more simple controls).

Booster

Smash Lord
Honestly none. I don't have the patience for traditional fighters. Learning those complicated moves where you have to do up left right b a whatever just seems needlessly unintuitive and unfun for me. Smash Bros feels 100x more natural and the process of getting better doesn't involve those ridiculous control schemes. An unpopular opinion but I think traditional fighters are just badly designed.

I'd better put on my flame suit :p.
I'm putting mine on too, I can't stand traditional fighters, especially Street Fighter 4, I'm sticking to the 2nd game, it's old, but way ****ing better because CPU doesn't spam impossible to pull off Super/Ultra Combos

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
BlazBlue's the only one other than Smash I've ever stuck with and learned. I play a decent Ragna.

I've been trying to find Guilty Gear to learn that. Predecessor and all.

I own Skullgirls, and I'll get into it one of these days. It sure looks incredible.

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
Super Street Fighter II Turbo, SF4, Mortal Kombat 9 are amongst the other fighters I enjoy playing. MK9 being the only fighting game I've played competitively to this date. Hoping to get good enough at SSBM in the near future to play it on a professional level. Just got to keep grinding.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
I'll be entering USF4 and PM. I haven't taking SF4 seriously since vanilla AE but I know it will be fun to enter. Only thing is that I will probably gonna have to play with an Xbox pad cause I don't have an Xbox stick.

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
I'll be entering USF4 and PM. I haven't taking SF4 seriously since vanilla AE but I know it will be fun to enter. Only thing is that I will probably gonna have to play with an Xbox pad cause I don't have an Xbox stick.
Ouch dude :x It might be beneficial to invest in a tournament stick. It's a LOT easier to FADC properly with a stick. From my personal experience using a pad feels clunky and you have to be dead accurate to pull off a lot of combos. It's still possible, just 10x harder.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I play Street Fighter 4 occasionally but have never gotten into it that much, the best thing I've ever done is beat Hard level CPU's as Ryu. The main reason I like Smash over any other fighting game I've played is because of DI. I think that in games without DI combos are too repetitive.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
Ouch dude :x It might be beneficial to invest in a tournament stick. It's a LOT easier to FADC properly with a stick. From my personal experience using a pad feels clunky and you have to be dead accurate to pull off a lot of combos. It's still possible, just 10x harder.
I mean, it's bad, but not too bad. Whenever I play on pad I just play it claw style, it's not too bad, especially in SF4 where you don't have too complex motions like TKs n stuff.

Morbi

Scavenger
Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Killer Instinct, Marvel vs. Capcom, Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur, King of Fighters, Persona 4 Arena, Blazblue, and Skullgirls off the top of my mind. Basically the latest entry of each (MvC3 or SF4AE, SV5, etc.) unless we are referring to Mortal Kombat (I play all entries).

Kankato

Smash Journeyman
SKULLLGIRLSSSSSSS
R.I.P. Juju
If only more SG players were willing to go to tournaments :/
Yeah, the best turnout ever so far was at UFGTX with around 63 dedicated players showing up. That game needs more players because it's such a pleasure to watch and play. Besides, mashing Gregor or Dynamo is quite fun~

Iguana

Smash Cadet
I play pretty much anything outside of Smash. There are some fighters that I'd like to try out as well that I never had the chance to try, like P4A and VF5:FS.

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin
I play Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, MvC(1-3), and I used to play a lot of Street Fighter IV back in the Vanilla-Super days. I still play 3rd Strike from time to time. Played a lot of KoF 98 and Gaoru MoW too. Back when there was a prominent online community for Virtua Fighter 5 Online I was pretty high ranked, same for Dead or Alive 4. Fighting games are probably my favorite games.

Top Bottom