• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Armada is beating Hbox with Ylink.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
No surprise, since like I always said it's a god. damn. counter. And Props to Armada.

D20

Smash Lord
Young Link might not "counter" Jigglypuff, but I think everyone here (the Young Link boards) knows it is a fairly good match up. A number of us here have beaten fairly good Jigglypuff players in tournament (like Sliq, 4%_APR, Darc, etc.). It is just very rare for a Young Link player to make it deep enough into a tournament to even play someone like hungrybox or Mango.

Working as intended...

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
It's cool for Yink to get some hype.

@rhan lol tiers. I just want Yink to go up one more spot and be above Link. He will then be the second clone considered better than the original.

Laijin

Smash Hero
No surprise. It's always been known that Young Link vs Jigglypuff is in YL's favor. 60-40 in my opinion. not a counter, but he has the advantage
I have not lost to a jiggs player with YL in like 2-3 years lol.
The only reason Young Link players don't do so well is because their only good high tier MUs are Jiggs and Peach. YL kinda gets ***** by everyone else :(
But because of those two MU's, YL is a lot better than most low tiers.

The REAL surprise here is that Armada has a good Young Link. =)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
At the very least, we know he can play against Jiggs with him, which probably means he can fight Peach too.

But I doubt his YL would do well against a great Falco/Sheik/etc just like everyone else who uses him. But the exposure sure was good for him.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I was trying to MM Hbox all weekend actually >____>
but never got the chance to.

On a side note. I beat Sauc3's jiggs with my Young Link in pools then switched to Sheik since he was going to switch to Fox lol. I scared him away.

rhan

Smash Hero
I actually can't wait to see new people start to explore their options as Young Link. Kinda how PP reinvented Falco throughout his career it's like Armada showed people that we know what we were talking about. I can't wait for the matches to be uploaded. I wish I didn't leave so early.

I swore I would have been running around screaming "I told you so!".

Laijin

Smash Hero
But the thing is...there are no Young Links except for like..the five good ones in the entire country for random Jiggs players to practice against.

Which is our secret. lol. Can't learn the MU without practice.

Bing

Smash Master
Being honest, The hype that this match is getting from the people who havent seen the video is getting blown way outta proportion. Like, Yes it was ****ing incredible that Armada beat Hbox with Ylink, but seriously, he throw bombs and boomers at hbox and ran back and forth across the stage. So its cool to see, but its gets boring to be honest after awhile...

Cia

das kwl
LOL. The YL boards are relatively good/ inactive. Unless you want me to be one of those mods who slams you with infractions for the most trivial details. I can do that too.

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
Being honest, The hype that this match is getting from the people who havent seen the video is getting blown way outta proportion. Like, Yes it was ****ing incredible that Armada beat Hbox with Ylink, but seriously, he throw bombs and boomers at hbox and ran back and forth across the stage. So its cool to see, but its gets boring to be honest after awhile...
Yink isn't the most exciting character to watch. I'm just happy Armada gave him some publicity.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
The match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8twwXHDIVBc

Armada played with a swedish smasher called Hack (who also got an awesome Kirby that ***** CFs). After all the endless hours they have played, Hack knows how to play if you wanna win.

If Jiggz takes the lead, then it's a pretty close MU, but as soon as ylink takes a stock, and jiggz is forced to attack... it's such an uphill.

Degree

Smash Apprentice
So its cool to see, but its gets boring to be honest after awhile...
And using multiple jumps and around throwing out bairs for 6 mins a match isn't? Fight fire with fire. :D And it wasn't just that, it was how he reacted and was able to get those kills, there were so few (any?) attempts at the bomb -> dair that DIDN'T hit, it was insane.

Largely I think Hbox had no idea how to approach the matchup. For example, had Armada thought to try this against Mango at Genesis I don't think it would have been such a ****. And even if Hbox is ready next time, Armada's YL will probably still do a lot better than his Peach.

takieddine

Smash Master
Hbox needs to learn the match-up, thats all.

Jiggz can edgeguard the **** out of y-link still, (although harder than the traditional top tiers).

He also needs to learn to stop chasing him in the air when he has a bomb.

Zodiac

Smash Master
IMO Both links go even/ beat puff, Link cause he can outdistance puff with his projectiles, young link cause he can do that AND run away faster than jiggs can keep up.

rhan

Smash Hero
So how do both Links go even with Puff is Young Link out does Link in the match-up?

Top Bottom