• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So are Gordos just un-reflectable now?

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
Every time I try to hit a Gordo back, it still hits me. Every single time. It gets hit back, but also hits me anyway.

Do they just have a ridiculously disjointed hitbox now or something?

Skamhutt

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7880-9863-5008
Don't know about Smash 4, since my last Smash title was Brawl, so I can't tell you about changes.
However Gordos are not "unreflectable" at all. I guess it depends on your character. Some have an easier time to return them to sender, some have a harder time to do it. For instance even a shadow ball from Metwo, that is instantaneously fired and not charged up at all, can reflect a Gordo.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
to break gordo down to its most basic principles (feel free to correct me if my findings are mistaken, this is years of research and personal discovery):

gordo will be deflected if it interacts with a hitbox that deals at least... 2%? it might be 1% but im p sure its 2
gordo will connect if it interacts with a hurtbox
if you try to hit the gordo and you are just hit instead, it is because the hitbox you put out did not extend past your hurtbox at the point that the gordo interacts with you
if you try to hit the gordo and you deflect AND are hit, it interacted with the hitbox and your hurtbox at the same time

its simple on paper but strange in game, but pretty much every character has a move that will consistently hit the gordo back no problem. most hitboxes have a timing where they stretch past their characters hurtbox.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Sword users/other melee weapon users have a better time reflecting since they can extend hitboxes without reaching out with their hurtboxes.

Insistent

Smash Rookie
I also main DDD, i gotta say sword or any melee with decent range will reflect, i dont dare using them anymore infront.
I fought with a DDD only once so far with mt second character, jigglypuff, all i had to do is fair or nair for safe reflect, but overall all of his move was too slow, barely could hit me, kinda easy to beat when you know it well.

abx

Smash Journeyman
The hitboxes have changed compared to Smash 4. Basically the Smash 4 hitboxes have only covered the black part. In Smash Ultimate, the hitbox also covers the spikes. It takes a different timing to consistently hit them now.

Insistent

Smash Rookie
Sometimes Gordos straight up disappear when they git hit enough times which is a bit confusing
One time it glitched and there was a gordo sticking under me, i could not throw anymore gordos for entire fight, god smash couldnt handle those shiny gordos from the marvelous ddd.

Last edited:
Top Bottom