• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl So about EVO 2008

BruceTubetheScratcher

Smash Rookie
How did I find this?
I was watching that video about how there will never be a player like Hungrybox. I saw the thing about EVO 2008 and wanted to share my personal opinions on the grand finals.
Does CPU deserve the hate?
I don't think people should've gotten so worked up about some random teen with no competitive experience winning against the undisputed champion of Melee considering Brawl just released and the phrase "Meta Knight isn't strong" was something you could say with a straight face.
Did CPU deserve the win?
I do agree that CPU is way worse than Ken in terms of skill and CPU just got lucky with the items and ruleset, but competitive Brawl was still finding its footing at the time, so again, I think dumb wins like this should've been accepted in Brawl tournaments around the same time as EVO.
Do I think this is fair?
No. But again, Brawl was just released.
Is this funny to me?
Yes.
Do I think this would happen today?
No. For one, CPU retired, and Ken hasn't been active since around 2018. But in some universe where they both were in tournaments today and decided to do a rematch with the same fighters, stage and game, Ken would no diff CPU due to the changes in rulesets from EVO 2008 all the way to Super Smash Con 2023.
What do I want people to talk about in the replies?
Share your opinions on CPU vs. Ken and some other oddities caused Brawl being recent!

Top Bottom