• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1 Results. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Okay shoutouts!

Kone: Nice tournament man! You handled everything pretty nicely. There were a few issues with people not getting beds, but i'm sure you're already aware and will improve that for the next tournament! The people that took a bed but didn't pay should feel so very ashamed. Also, good job on getting 9th in teams!
Smasher89: Always a pleasure playing against those icies.
Professor Pro: I was really looking forward to playing you, considering all that trashtalking you did on the forums. I couldn't help but notice that you didn't play as smart as the other top-players like Neutroni, which i think was the main reason that i was able to keep up with you in some of our matches. You're still lightyears ahead of me though, keep it up! Your Fox is sexayy.
Neutroni: You seemed like an enjoyable fellow, and you're surely a very skilled smasher. Thank you for taking the time to **** me ;)
IVP: I appreciate it when good players are not too full of themselves to play the scrubs, thanks man (y). I'll get you someday for beating 3 / 4th of our players in crews. Great Fox.
Armada: As with Neutroni and IVP, thanks for beating me up. I've long wanted to experience the onslaught that is you.
Mauny (spelling?): Good games ^^
Deathgazer: Pretty Falco
Usleon: Good games, work on that Marth.
Phex: You were a great sport and a good player. I'll get you next time!
Wiggum: Good games, i also enjoyed your commentary on the youtube vids.
King NOT: Nice job getting to the brackets with that Link of yours. He's brutal.
Swizzy: What an awesome Ganondorf, there was no way we could prepare Oskar for the slaugther.
Omega: shoutout!
Mitsuki: fear the downsmash!
Italians that i played: I didn't get your names, but you seemed very friendly!
The danes: GJ on getting so many people to England. I doubt it'll happen again in the near future, though. So **** expensive :[

Everyone that ***** me: Enjoy it while it lasts, in a year or two you won't be able to do it anymore :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Professor Pro, what other matches are you commentating in? Cause the MM between fuzzy and Armada wasnt really commentating as much as accompanying every single move with some kind of noise.
I commentated every single match that was recorded with every single game and every single set featuring the exact same and with literally no change to the commentary throught out the entire tournament on every sginle day :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
before going home tomorrow morning, before leaving the UK and returning home and posting shoutouts.......
I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR ****** YOU PROFESSOR PRO, BUT IT WAS FUN, YOU'RE PRETTY GOOD, YOU CAN GET AN EFFORT POINT !
btw you still owe me 50p prof.
cya :)
Ohhh have you not heard.....this is what the UK people do, we sandbag at the first tournament (giving out opponents hope) and then we allow them to feel happy temporarily....this rapidly increases the pain they feel when we meet them next tournament and actually TRY so when the desturction commences the opponenets confidence is oblierated, unfortunately for you, you are one of he indiviudals selected for this punishment :urg: sorry...:(

Faab aproves of this tournament
:confused: Why is his sex appeal so high :confused:

Was good playing you and Faab though.....ACTUALLY good to know neither of you take the game TOOOOO seriously and like to joke about in friendlies and genuiely have fun is a good thing....I think we both know that i'm gonna be the best fox in Europe by the next tournament lol :)

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
yeah, i'm at home again :) Both going to the tournament and getting back from it was very tiring. Getting there was quite some work as i had forgotten my passport and had to wait 8 hours at dunkirke (middle of nowhere) before mind trick arrived with my passport from the netherlands. From there on i had to find someone with a car as i wasn't allowed to go on the ferry by feet. I was lucky to find some english guy who had the same problem so we looked for a car together. After looking for about a half hour some english guy from the military was willing to take us. :) So we took the 4am ferry and arrived at 6:30 am. From there on i had to take the train to birmingham and find out where the venue was. Hours later i finally arrived at 1pm, about 27 hours after i first departed from my house.

Going back wasn't as bad as getting there, but it wasn't that good either, it was raining really hard all the time and there were pools of water on the belgium high way that were like 20 centimers deep. The worst one was when i took an exit and there was a pool that was like 30 cm deep, it was that i wasn't driving that fast, otherwise nasty stuff could have happened. Everybody in the car was like: "wtf just happened?? O_O"

Onto the tournament stuff.
This was one of the best tournaments i've been to, it basicly had everything. Sleeping rooms, food, lots of set ups, and it finished on time. This normally never happens on a multiple day tournament. Really good job by the entire staff, thanks a lot! I would advice to make breakfast smaller though, people are happy if they just get toast and jam. Outside of england none really starts the day with beans and sausages ;) It is also less work.. Don't see this as a complaint though, i was happy already that i got good in the first place.

Regional crews was not finished because both sweden and netherlands did not care enough to go and play it.

Not really going to do a lot of shout outs. Just a few.

Kone: good stuff, but i still want to go to a bar, pub, or club someday with you and some of the other english. If you're in amsterdam someday, i'll make sure to take you to some of the better places there. :) Also really cool that your girl made us food every day.

Jolteon: Thanks so much for the housing, i hope you somehow enjoyed having 5 dutchies at your home. The food your mom made us everyday was great. Good to see we had tmie to play smash almost every evening. :) Soon you'll be 18 though and we'll make sure to hit some bar then. You're welcome.

Mind Trick: Thanks for going to my house to get my passport and bringing it, without you, i wouldn't have made it to england at all.

So, that was basicly my tournament, i didn't plan on writing this much, it just happened. :p If i happen to go back next year, i'll make sure to hit some more pubs, i just went out one night and i've got the feeling that i haven't seen enough of english night life yet.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Sup world?

First of all I'd like to mention that I really enjoyed this tournament, everything was well organized and went smooth, tho I have to admit this might be my last big smash tournament. Not because of the tournament itself but because of university, sport, time, money johns, so I see this as a great finish and hope that I might make it to another tournament in the future (preferably those easy to reach like the TSL series) and see all of you guys again.

A few small complaints:
- rooms were cold as hell (bad comparison)
- seeding was pretty bad tbqh (UK people privileged and people had to play their pool opponets 1st/2nd round in bracket)

I was in a really bad mood most of the time (got my mind set on many other things aside from smash) so I'd really like to apologize for not beeing as talkative as I was at other events and standing arround most of the time rejecting to play friendlies or sandbaging when I played some, none the less I really enjoyed the people I talked to or played with.

Shoutouts:

UK:
Cool scene with great potential, step it up guys.

Ed/Kone: Great host and super cool guy, thank you very much for the tournament and housing afterwards, too bad we didn't play but it seems like you haven't played much anyway. Come to germany once so we can thank you for all the hospitality.

Kate/Ed's GF: Thank you for the food and letting so many people stay at your place after the tournament.

Charles/Fuzzyness: Really appriciated your guidance through London on Saturday and Sunday, thanks a lot man. Oh and fr ****s sake, stop mistaking me for Yomi all the time.

Gary: You are a really cool and likeable person to have arround, thanks for all the work during the tournament and thank you very much for paying the whole drive to Kones place-

Joe/3: Really cool to talk to and a pleasant person to have arround.

Prof: Get *****. Nah jk man, you seemed like a cool person, sadly we didn't play.

Tamao/Tamoo: Thank you so much for making it possible for us to visit London, I hope your mom wasn't too uncomfortable with having four strangers arround, we really tried to be nice guests (:
Too bad we didn't play, I'm sure I'd really enjoyed Jigglypuff Dittos playing friendlies with you. Come to germany one time!

Yeniths: I'm so sorry I didn't even talk to you at the tournament, first I didn't know what you looked like then I simply forgot. Thanks for the help on Tuesday morning, really appriciated it.

Deathgazer: Cool set man! Was nice to play you, sorry for rejecting friendlies on the first day.

j3ly: Good Mario. I have to admit you seemed very unfriendly at first but it came out you're a cool guy afterall.

Blinky (might not be from UK, don't know): Really nice guy, great pool matches.

Brado: One of the coolest persons arround, good job for first kill at SNY! You are legend!

Willz: Greatest troll ever apart from me (tho I only troll the german boards), really hope to see you again sometime.

Netherlands:

Faab: You didn't give me a shoutout, ****er! I'm gonna plank your *** so hard next time to punish you for making such a mistake.

Marc: Nice freeplay man, be prepared next time ;) Puff sucks.

Utto: Great tourney set. Puff sucks.

Mind Trick: U cool.

Ace: Most chill guy on earth, come to germany man.

Ryuker: Good tourney set!

UchiaJP: Most stylish guy on SNY. Great set, great freeplay and great person to talk to. You should place better than 33rd tho, you're really good.

France:
I kinda hate this country but I love all those smashers =P

Pierre/Slhoka: Immer wieder eine Freude dich auf einem Turnier zu treffen, gutes Pool Set und gut, dass wir nicht nochmal im Bracket gegeneinander mussten.

Akim/Makenshi: We DID play freeplay this time. You're the person I feel most stupid playing against because you know everything I'm going to do beforehand, you're too good.

bGin: Really, really pleasant person to talk to, you also got way better, I was impressed!

Mahie: Likeable and friendly guy, I demand freeplay next time (:

Wii Lee: Always cool to talk and play you, mate.

porc: Dude I really like you and you're too good at smash, hope to see you in Lyon (or germany?) again sometime.

Ashura: Sadly we didn't play, but you're cool.

JD: Good thing you're back to your old smash form, nice to talk to you.

Qlex: Man we didn't play any freeplay this time! Likeable as always, you ***** me in crews tho :´(

Finland:

NamiNami: Really impressed by your playstyle, you need more experience tho.

Neutroni: You're too good, hope I gave you at least a little bit of a challenge.

Italy:
I was really impressed by the skill level of the italian community, you guys really stepped it up after almost vanishing from the smash scene. Props go especially to Smooth Criminal and Vincent (and Dax ofc, but I allready knew he is very good)

Sweden:

Rocky: Really nice and pleasant person, good job in singles and too bad we only had one stock of freeplay.

Aniolas: Definitly one of the coolest and likeable people in the whole community! Visiting London with you and your brother was fun as hell and I always enjoy talking to you. Good job in singles and doubles, man! You gave us more trouble than Armada while playing against you in teams.

Armada: Really enjoyed talking to you and the few freeplay matches with you. London was so much fun and I hope your plan works out and you're going to beat hbox (and Mango) next time and finally officially claim the title of best smasher in the world (which we all know you allready are!).
You know Europe's standing behind you.

Cheers guys!

Qlex

Smash Cadet
Alright, guys!

Just tried to find a way out of my lack of sleep, but guess I'll have to cope with it. I've been sleeping 12 hours a day since my arrival in Paris =_=

So, huh, the tournament was something really huge. I'm used to leaving quick shoutouts somewhere, even after a tourney this big, but right now I won't. It's gonna be a little bit long, and you guys will understand why :

In two weeks or so, I'll be beginning a third year of preparatory school, to get admission into the greatest engineering schools in France. During the two first years, I wasn't balancing work and smash this well. Now I know what I'm supposed to do, and it's out of certain sadness that I announce I'm not gonna be active up until July 2011 in the smash community.

This tourney was my last one before I start holding my breath for the upcoming year. I trained a fair bit for this, and I gotta admit, I didn't train like this for a long time. I wanted to see the community again, in due shape.

And boy, the tourney was sooo awesome! I felt really bad for Charles when he realized there was a theft. And there were sooo many things I can hardly think of talking about every of them. Really, it was a perfect goodbye tourney. I hope that when I'm back, the next tourney would then be SNY2 :)

The pub part was new to me, and booy was it nice to be chilling. I just laughed when Kone heard something about smash back then, he was "Oh smash discussions..."

But the beginning was : The travelling. Wow, next time I swear I'm gonna book it up early, especially the buses. It was long, but definitely worth it. Besides, you don't have a good trip without it. I couldn't be more thankful about the housing, the beds, the food (yes I thought it was okay, because it was made in the kitchen, and I appreciate warm food much more than fast-done meals)...

THANK

YOU

I don't really feel like writing a novel about my results, because I thought I played my game the fine way till the end. About crews... just saying I got my camcorder save the France-Germany+Finland crews files on my computer. I'm gonna put it to Youtube or something.

I then went to pools and fought j3ly, Ace, Overlord, Yuichi and Phi. They all surprised me, I fought lots of bizarre characters! I felt bad because during these matches, **** happened (SDs, cheap moves, frustrating gimps...) but good stuff to all of you.

Then I went to bracket and I got ***** by Marc. I was like "WTF, I object" so I did it the Von Karma way "Oh Best of 3? Well it's BEST O FIVE IMMA DO A PERFECT 3-2". Sorry Marc, forged evidence =] But you still won by far after this so good job, way to go!

After that I found my way against Neutroni. I played so good! I enjoyed these matches alot. And I lost! Neutroni really surprised me. I didn't expect him to be this good! Good game!

Freeplay... I didn't do much, but I just Ganon dittoed Ace to death, that was really enjoyable. Hope that next time we meet we do the same!

And I discussed with people, did random things.

Shoutouts :

Marc : HEY I finished AAI yesterday, and I thought it was really good! The music is awesome! But yeah -_- That last case... should've been called Turnabout Turnabout because there's 20 turnabouts during the very end. "Oh well, somebody else but a knife in my bouquet, then I went to the restrooms and I got lost and ended up in the dressing room where I stared at the Samurai Dogs, hence the drip of nose blood on it." Pfff...

Ace : Really, was awesome. Felt bad 'bout the pools. Next time it's gonna be some even more neutral stage than YS lol >_>

ddiz : You're so funny! Don't worry though, it really did take me 5 years to rise to my actual level. Hope to see you another time!

Yuichi and Fortune Cookie : It was really cool playing Yuichi's Bowser. Know what? We French were supposed to take the same bus as yours, but there has been some complete bull**** and we had to pay an extra to get to the next bus! So yeah, next time maybe we'll follow you lol Hope to see you again anyway, was nice indeed.

Faab : Love that face of yours no homo

Neutroni : Ahhhggg I admit defeat, you did an awesome job in this.

Deathgazer : Nice friendlies. I see you can only get better given the circumstances, so do some technical bird stuff as long as possible!

MasterSer : We didn't play a lot but nice Falco right there

PMS : I thinkkk we've played a match, but not sure.

RetroKing : You HAVE a LOUD VOICE O_O

Yomi : Wow you kicked my butt during freeplay. It was really fun by the way, I hope to do more of these next time!

Tero : Well too bad you're having to get a little bit away from smash too, and 'bout the freeplay too. I def hope to see you next time!

PheX : Hey it was much fun seeing you again! The pub was nice alright, but really, you stunned me O_O 2,5 seconds holy...! Smashing was nice, too, although we couldn't play this time. Def hope to see you at my next tournament ;)

Zgetto : Yay We did one match! Wow you're really fast! We'll do more matches next time hopefully.

Phi : Your Doc impressed me a lot! Too bad we didn't play more!

Alpha Dash : Hey man I felt bad for you about the crews match. Nana was just dying over and over again ;[ next time we meet we'll do some matches kay?

j3ly : Too bad we didn't do some Ganon Fox. And don't worry, I know how it feels. Next time we'll do plenty of matches alright.

Ivo : Heh we didn't play much, but the tourney match was hard to catch for me. You Fox looks very patient!

Rocky : SDI for the win. You're such a nice guy. Hope you're gonna do even better for the next tournament!

Melty& Alain : Well only a tourney match, but if I recall correctly you braced yourselves pretty well.

Smakis : Nice team partner! Good Ice stuff and amazing freeplay ;)

The Italian : We DID take the pizza ;_; oh and you guys were crazy back there doing a 6-player Melee. Overlord, I'll think about the rumble next time I get to play Melee for realz hehe

The Swedes : I wanted to talk with you guys lots of times. Thanks 'bout the cash prize at the end, I had good times with some of you. Next time, guys, next time :)

The Dutch : Those Japaneese eggs sure were weird...

Everybody else : Don't worry, I hope I'll remember you! >_>

The UK : You guys are just awesome! I want you to get to lotsa EU tourneys!

Gary, Kate, Charles, Ed, the two Sam Koop and Beast, Mike, Joe, Brad and Jam...

Really, you know what?

YOU

ARE

AMAZING

Thank you, thank you! You guys rock, in the game and in real life, I bow down to you!

:)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Qlex has a Smashboards account. =o

Yeah, somehow that unexpected third match in our set ended up worse for you than it did for me. I kind of blame the matchup though, even in PAL Sheik has a lot going for her against Ganondorf. Your Ganondorf is the best in Europe for sure.

Glad you liked AAI, I also thought it was okay. Still not as epic as...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGcyKEZtWuE?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGcyKEZtWuE?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Qlex

Smash Cadet
Ahhh I can't argue with that. Godot's theme is too good XP

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
I must agree with Qlex about your DIs Rocky, they're simply amazing!

Phex, it was a pleasure to play and talk with you, you're a really nice guy.

Tero, that cat at Kone's was in love with you! Next time I'll ask you freeplay.

Lol @ prof, happy to have a random peach? Weren't you that guy who was talking sooooo much about his Fox? Why haven't you showed us this "best Fox in Europe at least as good as Remen (lol)"

Next time, Cyril will be there, and there's gonna be haaaard ****...

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Quick shout outs

Fuzzy and Kone: Awesome tourney guys, best one I've been to EVER, by a long way. Beds and loads of rooms at a tourney is too good. The Fuzzy 15 was pretty f*cking awesome, as was Jam5 and Kone 9th in doubles :p)

Qlex:
<3 Qlex
Most awesome guy, in smash and irl (although I may be a little biased seeing as your ganon is mad sexy)
Sad to hear you won't be repping the g'dorf man for a whole year.

Rocky: Didn't play you but watched a couple games, I'm pretty sure you'd kick my *** now. You're improving at an insane rate!

Aniolas: You've improved loads recently. Love that you're always smiling.

Porc: Your fox was so weird, suuuuper safe - I normally beat foxes pretty easily, but yours was too good!

Neutroni: Our game on Yoshi's was one of the most fun games I played, your marth is awesome! (The second game I got *****, but we'll just pretend that never happened ;))

Beast: <3

Kate and Gary: Helped out loads when you don't even really play the game - so
MASSIVE thanks!

SDB: Awesome chilling with you guys as always :)

Ivo and Exalador: Nice to know there's other players who enjoy chilling instead of just smashing all night ;)

Sam: Nice to meet you man, kept the laughter coming proving you follow that philosophy you were posting about in the other thread (which I totally agree with btw)

Yeniths: Was cool to finally meet you properly. Hope you enjoyed tramping that Nando's lol.

All Ganon players: Keep it up! There were loads at this tourney for some reason, enjoyed hearing 'ganon' being chanted on other screens than mine!
In case anyone doesn't know, Ganon has 4 ********, that's why he's so manly.
The ganon dittos were a LOT of fun with all of you.

Everyone else I played: Enjoyed all my games

Might add to this tomorrow if I remember. If not, sorry if I missed people, there were just too many safe people at this tourney.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i feel like anyone gets recorded playing armada you just HOPE you dont get your soul *****. he just seems to totally destroy players more often than other pros do.

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
Charles/Fuzzyness: Really appriciated your guidance through London on Saturday and Sunday, thanks a lot man. Oh and fr ****s sake, stop mistaking me for Yomi all the time.
LOL Fuzzy is so forgetful. He spent a whole day and night playing smash at Bishkins a while back. A week or two later he was taking names at the door for a monthly and Bishkin walked in and he was like 'Name please....' :laugh:

He made us dinner so we'll allow it... this time...

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
SNY report and shoutouts

Hey guys !
I need to write a report cuz I have things to say :)
First of all, awesome tournament… Definitely one of my best big tournaments ever.
It was my 60th tournament so far, and I'm really happy about it. great times, great people, great venue, great organization, etc.
This tournament was definitely on the plus side with so many TVs, awesome venue, beds, showers, tables to eat on, etc. But I have a few complaints and remarks…
When I arrived at the venue, nobody told me where I should sleep, but slhoka showed me the french room, so I thought I'd sleep there. The first night comes and I wanna go to bed, but apparently all the beds in the french room were taken… Kone wasn't around and I went to fuzzy. He told me he didn't know which rooms were free or not… and I didn't want to bother every smasher sleeping by opening the doors randomly. So I slept in the lounge with Tesco and others. No bed for the first night although I had paid for it. big disappointment here. The second day, I didn't think about the bed all day long, so I didn't talk to anyone about it. The night comes again and it's around midnight, I'm like… ok, I need a bed for tonight. Again, Kone is not around and I go to fuzzy… apparently he tried to make me have a spare bed, but as I was high and tired, I didn't understand what fuzzy told me and he went back to playing and I went to sleep in the lounge, again…
So yeah, I admit, I should have been more preoccupied about where I was supposed to sleep… BUT… fuzzy should have been able to show me a room and shouldn't have played so much at this tournament. Kone should have been around a lot more. I know he was very occupied but still, you don't go to bed before 1am at your own tournament. I hosted 14 tournaments in France (not counting smashfests) and I have always stayed up very late because of that. My bed problem shouldn't have happened and I'm very upset that I didn't get to sleep in a bed, because I paid for it. I actually want my money back, somehow. I want a free bed at SNY2 or something. Kone told me he couldn't give me my money back because the venue had already been paid for, but the money should have been taken from the cash prize. 10£ is nothing out of the cash prize, but I could've used it, seriously. I'm not against big cash prizes or stuff, but if a service was not delivered as promised, it should be paid back.
Now… about the food. I really enjoyed having hot meals served right at the venue… It was just awesome. But the amount of food was like… ridiculous… to me at least. I love food, I love to eat, so yeah, I need quantity. Quality was seriously fine and the price for it was amazingly low. 1£ for 2 meals a day during 3 days? Simply awesome. But I would have gladly paid more for more food. I don't know what the budget was on food at Zero Challenge 2, ken's tournament, but the whole tournament entry fee was 60$ and the food was not only awesome in quantity, but in quality as well. Personnally, I spent around 400€ on SNY, including the plane tickets, train tickets, bus tickets, and everything else. I spent 10 days in the UK so that's pretty normal. My point is… I could have spent another 5£ on extra food. or another extra 5£ on the cash prize. This is not a problem. When you come from abroad, the tournament entry fee doesn't really matter. ESA2 had 239 attendants and the entry fee was 40€, one of the biggest entry fee I've ever seen in Europe. I think american tournaments can go up to 100$ (for the whole package of course). Anyway, it was a really good first effort and SNY2 can only be better… START THE HYPE NOW ! I'll come for sure.

Shoutouts :

not in a specific order… take it easy :)

ddiz : you're like the first person I played at this tournament… I ***** you but it was fun and you're a funny guy. Keep playing and don't hesitate to travel abroad for tournaments (this statement goes for EVERYONE).

JO3 : too cool man, your place was chill, we jammed good, had many games, a lot of happy smoking and you're really cool. I'm a bit ashamed I didn't remember our first encounter in Sweden. I really hope you come to my place some time, I will house you for sure, you and your girlfriend are very welcomed in Montpellier ! See you soon I hope :)

Co3y : You rock ! We had fun in teams although we could have done better by playing together before the tournament… But what happened happened. Good jammin at JO3's place. Too bad you didn't stay longer. Same as JO3, I hope to see you soon.

j3ly : *side note* hey guys don't you like the "e" letter? what's with the "3"? lol.
thank you for housing man, your place is pretty cool though it needs some more work into it. I really slept well at yours, we had really good times smoking and playing. Good **** for the crew match, it was quite intense although I'm a bit disappointed not to have met you in brackets… I wouldn't have choked hehehehe. No seriously, you're really good and you should stick to mario if you love him so much. Europe needs players like you. I mean it. Don't go fox.

Neutroni : I had no idea who you were when we faced… The frenchies told me to be careful and both your level and playstyle surprised me, and yes, I choked hard against you… Good **** for 5th place, it's very good ! Next time we face, I'll make sure I play my best ;)

Exalador : Cool to see you again man :) I hope I can make it to the next ZEST… but my parents wouldn't agree cuz of weed being legal and stuff… we didn't play :(

Ivo : we talked for a few seconds ! last time we faced was at RoS4 I think… so we'll have to play next time !

Marc : I respect you so much… You're even older than me in this community, it's crazy. Also you did good in the tournament :) good **** old school ftw ! I wanna play you next time ! :)

Armada : We played only one match :( I wanted to MM you for some serious matches against your peach that I haven't played since Gulner in Norway I think. Your falco is pretty good, the one match we had was a falco ditto and it was nice :)
Next time, I'll make sure I play you seriously, ok? cya !

Zgetto : hey ! We played only in crews I think… You got me there :) you put so much pressure, it's really enjoyable to play against you. I think I kinda choked at the end of the match but I played good anyway. I'm happy about our match but next time it will be harder for you ^^.

Faab : Thanks for the shoutout ! We should have faced in the bracket but I lost my first match against vincent, then I wanted to MM you but I didn't get to do that… and so, we didn't play :( Next time, MM 10€ falco ditto ok ? Your falco is such an inspiration… so patient ! And you beat makenshi twice ! I can't do that for the moment but I'm working on it ;) keep playing and traveling please :)

Fuzzyness : you played too much for a host, next SNY you should be more concerned about that. Also, you seeded poorly, putting UK players way too high. Now you know… Only you is good enough on a european level in UK. You played really good against Armada ! good **** for 5th place.

Aniolas : you're so cool man ^^ I like your face lol. I liked our MM after SNY but in the venue XD. I put the video slhoka recorded online on my ftp. Link is at the end of the post. see you next time for sure ^^ !

Rocky : I can't tell if you improved, but I can tell you can still improve and you have a pretty clean playstyle. Our MM at kone's was fun. Next time we do one again ok?

Professor Pro : haha you're a funny little guy. I think you can improve a whole lot more and that you needed a tournament like this to start kicking *** seriously… Next time, MM 10£ ok ?

Utto : long time no see and play ! I liked our set in brackets.

Vincent : wow you really surprised me, I really underestimated you because I had no idea who you were when we faced… I choked and it felt bad, you actually ***** me bad ^^. Next time MM ok? I wanna get revenge ! Top 10 for a first international event is really good, keep playing and traveling !

Smasher89 : we played in teams… you outsmarted me on many things with your jiggly. I think you got way smarter than before (that was a long time ago though ^^) keep going !

Thomaz : I didn't think to see you again after so many years O_O good **** for traveling ! It's really good to see old faces.

Ryuker : still playing heh? good **** man :)

Dax : I know I changed a lot in the past 2 years… no more dreadlocks, beard, but still… You didn't come and talk to me :(

Retroking/Edwin : You're always smiling ! Banana smile all the time ! Incredible ! I finally met you ^^ I'm happy. We also played a few friendlies. It was cool but we need to play more. Come abroad ! ttyl on msn :)

Phex : you're a nice guy ! np for the cig :)

Shaun/PMS : I love your accent, the way you express yourself. Your place was mad chill, I loved it, loved your mother and you're really nice. I wanna see you again for sure, so come to France, you're always welcomed at my place in Montpellier and your brother of course. Up B out of shield, NOW !

King_NDJ/nathan : such a nice guy ! same as your brother, I wanna see you again before SNY2, so please, come to south of France anytime you want ! Free housing and food awaits you. Keep playing link ^^.

Deathgazer : cool guy ! technical falco as well. Keep playing, you can improve so much. It takes a long time but it's worth it. Playing good gives you a great satisfaction…

Alpha Dash : haha you were confident enough at the train station in London but when we played I managed to beat you ;) your ICs are pretty good and you can improve a lot more… like most UK players I've met, there's a lot of potential in you.

JAM : so cool to see you again after so many years :) We had a good chill ! I hope you can come to my place in south of france some time. You're invited whenever you want !

that bowser I played with ddiz : so courageous to main such a character lol. Keep playing and watch Tonberry's videos !

Kone : Great times ! It was nice seeing you again mate. You seem to have put a lot of work at the tournament and it was greatly appreciated by everyone, for sure. a big thanks to you and your team :)

Those I have played and did not shouted out : sorry, I can't remember every name ! But I do remember I enjoyed all my freeplays... so thx for playing :)

UK team A : we would have ***** you if all the good french players had been there ^^ good **** anyway :)

Finland + Germany : I don't know how you guys felt about this, but to me, it didn't feel right. I hope next time Germany has its own crew, same for Finland. Samochan where you at?

Dutchies : You ***** France :( I think we had bad luck the whole set… and we were missing good players, same as you guys. I can't wait for a real showdown… Maybe SNY2? :)

Italians : io amo i carburatori. Aldwyn taught me that XD. I think I played a few italians in freeplay… and vincent in brackets… You're all better than I expected, good **** !

Danes : I played of few of you guys…

Swedes : Smart players in general, sweden is definitely a good place to improve at smash I guess ^^.

UK : definitely one of the best communities in Europe chilling-wise. I had a really great time overall in London, Birmingham and Manchester. UK weed is pretty awesome, easy to get and just a little more expensive than in France… but the quality is certainly higher than the average we get in France ! You guys need to travel massively to France or Holland for the next big tournament !

Spaniards : where were you?

Last words :
great tourney, great times, great jammin, great people… great journey ! Personally, everything went smooth and I don't regret coming there at all. See you all at SNY2 !
Here is the link to the pictures and videos I took at SNY :
http://joannadark5.free.fr/SNY/

oh and…
AGAIN, I AM SORRY FOR ****** YOU PROF, I NEVER MEANT TO 3 STOCKS YOU IN POOLS BUT **** HAPPENS :)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Kone: Great Job with the tourney! I cannot say i have any complaints worth writing down! Beds, Food, Venue and so on.
It was kinda annoying to not get any housing eventhough we were possibly the first to ask, and then be hanging in the air in the end... good thing tamoo jumped in!
Thanks alot to you and Kate for housing after the tourney, cooking, organizing and everything!!

Tamoo: You are the bestest organized man on the planet! I am so thankfull for everything you did for us, you made our trip worth the money we spent on it, and i can not thank you enough for it! I wish we would´ve spent more time at the venue with you. Your Jiggs is pretty good, to bad we had to play two times throughout the tourney, shouldn´t have happened...
nice to see that you are motivated to start traveling, i heard you were at another french tournament already.
Thanks for everythign again!

1: Armada: it was nice finally spending some time with you on a tourney :D see you next time. maybe i´ll take 2 stocks then :D.

1: Zgetto: Once again i get a ****-dutchie in pools... it has always been you or adam in my pool for about a year i think.. so random :/
atleast i know what to pick against you now xD hahaha...

1: Faab: didnt have much to do with you except the common polite exchanges like "move it" or something...

1: Makenshi: I was glad not to get ***** to hard by you, i even took the first match, yeah! More freeplay next time, i like playing you!

1: Fuzzyness: Thanks for the Tour through london, it was really awesome, eventhough some stops where a bit awkward :D

Gary: I like you alot! you´re a really nice guy and where always helpful! I dont think we played, maybe we can next time! Thanks for showing us around!

1: Joanna Dark: Glad to see you`re improving again! We didnt get to play, maybe we can have some freeplay next tourney.

1: Qlex: I still fear your ganon qlex :) you can beat me any time you wish :/ your also a really nice guy, i´d love to hang a bit more with you at tourneys

1: Porc: good stuff, you`re still getting better it seems. The night at Kones was really awesome and fun, next time we go to Lyon i wanna go play Lasertag with you and the Germans!

1: Neutroni: The last time i felt so powerless against Marth was against Aska... It seems you play a similar style... Really good Marth, i think i watched most of your important tourney matches, to bad you dodnt beat faab, would`ve been possible!
great guy, hope to see you at more tourneys in the future and see you win some money!

1: Utto: Double peach ****... :/

1: Aniolas: i Like playing you so much, your like my rival or something :D but i guess you´re still alot better than me atm...
maybe i can improve until the next time we play!
good luck with Law, i think it suits you alot.

1: Marc: Double Peach ****... :/

1: Retroking: What the ****?! i was impressed by you, but why did you forfeit? thats just dumb!

1: Rocky: Crazy Paaants! sorry for still calling you that :) i like you alot, its was fun playing eventhough we only had like 2 matches. see ya

17: Yomi: second seed? seriously? come on...

17: Wii Lee: I like the change you made, and you got really good! i wouldn´t be surprised if you beat me in tourney ;(
great fun at the pub, i think i didnt have much to do with you at the other tourneys except for playing some.

17: Professor Pro: the most undeserved win i ever had i guess... Its nice to be technical, but you have to gather a lot of experience, make less mistakes and learn to adapt to your opponents character and style.

17: Ace: good stuff, your ganon got real good! next time we need to smoke some :)

17: bGin: I came to like you at this tourney, didnt have much to do with you at former tournaments. I dont think we played any matches, did we?? need to make that up.. possibly at TSL?!

33: Slhoka: The french mastermind ;) Nice talking to you at the Pub, too bad you lost to phex ^^ step it up! gp and train in berlin with the other smashers there :D

33: UchihaJP: intresting suitcase... Swords, ****ed-up japanese Porn, and all kinds of stuff in it :D

33: NamiNami: You were really consistent with your techskill, i was surorised when you didnt get that far in the tournament... i dont know what is missing, but it isnt your playstyle, because that looks very advanced imo

33: Yeniths: Thanks for beeing there for us in Times of need ;) it was comforting to have someone we could call in case of emergency, eventhough in the end it didnt do much. Thank you alot!

33: Mahie: Mah YEAH! More freeplay next time, and i wann get ***** by you in ssb64, i heard you are one of the best in europe!!!!!! I defenitely wanna play you! Good stuff mobilizing the frenchies when i was about to leave to the pub, that made it alot more fun :) see ya at the next tourney! looking forward to more freeplay and fun evenings xD

49: OverLord: you seemed really nice, to bad we didnt play or anything

49: Willz: Hella funny guy, a real pleasure to meet you :) are you seriously banned on the
boards now? haha xD nice work!

65: Alain: nice to meet you after such a long time :) you sure changed alot! next time we can have some freeplay.

65: Bullet Bill: DAMMIT, i wanted to play you! why didnt we? :(
go travel! we need docs at tourneys!

65: Brado: FIRST KILL AT THE TOURNAMENT! great stuff, the first encounter was really funny :D (hey, come in, we´re the germans, kone is nowhere to be found. Oh, you have a tv, lets play!! xD)

One of the best tourneys i´ve been to, but also the most expensive travel experience i had so far :D
Thank you to everyone who made this possible.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
JD: Some people claimed beds who weren't supposed to. Ace (Dutchie) slept in his car because of this, despite having paid for a bed. It sucks, but supposedly next time they'll have lists. Anyway, it was good to see you again. :)

Are there vids up somewhere? I just realised my set against Armada might have been recorded and I'd like to see it again. I also might have missed a few other good tournament sets, though I've seen most matches when they happened.

J03

Smash Master
--------------------------------

Shoutouts.

England.

We rock! we won our first EVER international crew match!! then we won a second! we are better then France and Italy!! No johns =P

Tamoo: we always play don't we! Whats with that? On a serious note you HAVE to rest in tournament and make people fear putting there shield up, neither are too difficult tbh. But tbh i think you should main someone else for a little while as Jiggs = 0 respect lol

J3ly+tesco: your mario is too good sorry i had to camp the **** out of it lol. Had a great laugh with the tesco crew you lads are a great bunch especially for southerners lol

SDB:

Ed and Kate: thanks for hosting and cooking, was much appreciated + i hope you show Kate this thread to show how much thanks shes getting lol.

Koop: play mo' melee you big sexy hunk of a man

Beast: youve improved **** loads man, keep it up and youll be troubling my fox =)

Mikey: i hate your ganon mate its not good at all you scrub xD id seriously make an award for you called 'best grabber' and youd keep it for years haha

Edwin: had much teaming with you, i think we were both a little disappointed with our finishing place, we could do better next time for sure, if you keep playing obv. I was pretty annoyed at you for the DQ, if you thought you were beating Armada at your first Euro tourney then your deluded, your a great Marth and we both agree that smash is a long road with so much to learn, there are no shortcuts. The only way to get better quicker is to be as observant as possible.

Pro: got *****... Gz on getting 17th xD

Also well done to every UK player who made the bracket!! all of which should be seeded in some form at the next UK national imo, just as a present

DA GERMANZ!

Yomi/Tero =P: Great guys for all of the 1 minute we talked

Phex: possibly my favourite person at this tournament! wish we had played some singles and also :mad: for putting us out of teams!

Usleon: same as Phex for teams, I think you should grow a beard and impersonate Maradona!

The Dannes

I actually dont remember any of you, how weird is that =/ my apologies though im sure your good guys :(

The Swedish swedes.

Firstly i agree with Ed, i was a little disappointed at the lack of socialising from you guys, however i understand youve been travelling for AGES so i forgive you fully =)

Aniolas: Ah my favourite Swede, if it wasn't for you i probably wouldn't have bothered going to SNY, i consider ours a rivalry however you have stepped up and i have not been playing so its up to me to step up, and i will to compete against you :) Outside of smash you KNOW how much love i have for you, put simply you are one of the nicest and best people on the planet, and for that i thank you ^_^

AR MA DA!: it was a very pleasant surprise to find out that your a nice and cool guy. you genuinely love smash and its infectious. I loved watching you, Aniolas, Sparken and IVP go at it in doubles, i wanted to play but watching was just as fun. I guess i should also thank you for ****** in pools, if i was better i could make better use of you showing me my flaws. But i will make as much use of it as i can and i hope to see you at future tournies :)

IVP: loved watching you play in tournament, your stlye is great and i learnt alot. I'm sorry for sitting on the airbed without asking, had i of known it was leaking air i would been much more careful haha but to be honest i thought they where Ed's lol.

Sparken: What with being called 'C' now, its ok i guess but i refuse to call you C, your Sparken in my eyes and you always will be!

Smakis: i guess i owe you an apology, i completely forgot it was you who i played in crews so when you trash talked me at eds house in friendlies i thought you where being a douche xD.
Now i know your a cool guy and i really look forward to playing your IC's as my Fox-Ic's game sucks =(

Smasher89: we played in bracket, i lost =( your IC's are really really good, im sorry i resorted to peach on Yoshis haha

Rockeeeyyyy: we didn't play nor did we speak, but i heard sooo many good things about you that i have to say 'bravo' for being so popular!

The people from Dutch-land!

Firstly thanks for coming out in numbers, its much appreciated =)

Stephan: was great to see you again, i wanted to speak more but my throat gave out from screaming at crews xD shame about poker =/ we need more people who play regularly

Ivo (aye-vo... not EVO!!! =P): i didnt see you play smash at all but i loved the short time we had together and ill treasure it always

Faab: how did god get so much awesome into one person? i loved our friendlies man, its great to have fun and hopefully i provided a small challenge... at least for 1 stock ^_^

Zgetto: firstly you are awesome, so are your spacies, i really enjoy watching you play, your my favourite fox and i you are my idol! secondly i smoke weed, its my choice. i couldn't tell if you where just curious or being a little heavy about it, it you where just asking then i apologise, yes its illegal and wrong but only by the governments standards because they can't tax it. i really hope you are not annoyed by me speaking out as i still have much <3 for you :)

Ryuker: good guy, good games :) also GZ on my shortest shoutout xD

Utto: nice peach dude, though we played on FD twice and no chain grabs? I intend on beating you next time we play, its not sour grapes or anything i just want to haha

Le Francais!

Before i begin i have an issue with all french other then JD. You are all really cool guys, like seriously the English have much <3 for the French in smash, and you dont know how hard that is to say xD.
When we smoked weed with the french group you all resorted to speaking french which made it impossible to enjoy spending time with you guys as we could not understand you =( I know i have no right to say speak English as you could just turn and say learn French, i also know that speaking languages is much harder when high haha, but i just wanted to chill with you guys as i get on with all of you so well, but the language barrier made it impossible =(

Jay Dee: thanks for the games man, i know i wasnt up to much but i find im always like that straight after a tourney. However i learnt alot even if i didnt show it ^_^ see you in Monpierre!

Porc: Good guy however mad stingy on weed, that said i dont think you where there when me and coey shared our £40 bag out so i guess you didnt know how much we are into sharing haha

Robin: man you fit right in with us English, had so much fun talking to you and i REALLY look forward to seeing you at future tourneys ^^

Mahie: aaahhh the sexiest accent at SNY, in fact sexiest person? probably! I really thought you where going win our MM and our set haha i consider myself lucky :)

Q LEEEEEXXXXXXXXX: firstly WHAT THE HELL NO SHOUTOUT you musnt love me! well i still love you no matter how much you ingonre me! you HEAR ME! you have... by far... the BEST ganon ive ever had the pleasure of being beaten by :) and such a nice guy too!

ma !!!KEN!!! shi: i <3 you, im not sure if i can add anything to that without ruining the meaning of it :D

Sholka: i had the strangest feeling we had met before at a smash tourney but couldnt place where as ive only been to Rox4 and Svar7 and i dont remember you at either or those =/.

Lastly ive been wrestling with quitting for well over a year now, this has been the best tournament ive ever been to and how could i quit and not see the likes of you all again? well i cant! so im here to stay ^_^ and if im staying i may as well practise!

SOOOO much <3, Joe

-----------------------------

Also regarding beds, As a helpful co-host i will urge SNY2 to have printouts of who has and does not have a bed. how does that help you say? after all beds are booked on the website we will arrange people into groups and number each bed and person, that way you find your bed occupied, you throw them out, simple.

stelzig

Smash Lord
^Me and eagle played you and retroking in teams :( (the marth and samus :p)

Edit: I also ended up sleeping on the floor the first night because of people taking beds without having paid for it. Jonas ended up sleeping on the floor both nights.

Qlex

Smash Cadet
Hah I played JO3 and Swizzy in freeplay, but didn't mention it. Sorry sorry sorry ;_;

However... I just put shoutouts for both of you before you talked about it!

Yes at the very end of my shoutouts post!

Want me to repeat it? ;)

YOU ROCK! THANK YOU FOR THE TOURNEY, THANKS TO YOU IT WAS ULTRA AWESOME! HOPE TO HAVE YOU DO OTHER TOURNEYYYYS

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Someone just linked me to the vids. Good ****, AJP! Except I played Sheik in the third match, not Peach. :p

Tamoo

Smash Master
yomi: glad to hear you had a good time in london :D It's really no problem at all. And yeah, I went to TSL4 before this when i was god awful but still had a good time so I will def be travelling around europe a bit more. Next german major tournament, I'll see you there :)
And yeah it was a shame we had to play pool and bracket but it was a good lesson playing against someone so well versed in the jiggs matchup as shiek, a character I'm usually alright against.

joe: You just watch, next tournament i'm going all y.link :D

Tero.

Smash Champion
yomi: glad to hear you had a good time in london :D It's really no problem at all. And yeah, I went to TSL4 before this when i was god awful but still had a good time so I will def be travelling around europe a bit more. Next german major tournament, I'll see you there :)
And yeah it was a shame we had to play pool and bracket but it was a good lesson playing against someone so well versed in the jiggs matchup as shiek, a character I'm usually alright against.

joe: You just watch, next tournament i'm going all y.link :D
I'll take credit for this!

=P

Zgetto

Smash Ace
JO3 : i was just kidding manXD its all good <3
Also special shout out to rocky!: Best captain Falcon in the world! keep it up^^

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys !
I need to write a report cuz I have things to say :)
First of all, awesome tournament… Definitely one of my best big tournaments ever.
It was my 60th tournament so far, and I'm really happy about it. great times, great people, great venue, great organization, etc.
This tournament was definitely on the plus side with so many TVs, awesome venue, beds, showers, tables to eat on, etc. But I have a few complaints and remarks…
When I arrived at the venue, nobody told me where I should sleep, but slhoka showed me the french room, so I thought I'd sleep there. The first night comes and I wanna go to bed, but apparently all the beds in the french room were taken… Kone wasn't around and I went to fuzzy. He told me he didn't know which rooms were free or not… and I didn't want to bother every smasher sleeping by opening the doors randomly. So I slept in the lounge with Tesco and others. No bed for the first night although I had paid for it. big disappointment here. The second day, I didn't think about the bed all day long, so I didn't talk to anyone about it. The night comes again and it's around midnight, I'm like… ok, I need a bed for tonight. Again, Kone is not around and I go to fuzzy… apparently he tried to make me have a spare bed, but as I was high and tired, I didn't understand what fuzzy told me and he went back to playing and I went to sleep in the lounge, again…
So yeah, I admit, I should have been more preoccupied about where I was supposed to sleep… BUT… fuzzy should have been able to show me a room and shouldn't have played so much at this tournament. Kone should have been around a lot more. I know he was very occupied but still, you don't go to bed before 1am at your own tournament. I hosted 14 tournaments in France (not counting smashfests) and I have always stayed up very late because of that. My bed problem shouldn't have happened and I'm very upset that I didn't get to sleep in a bed, because I paid for it. I actually want my money back, somehow. I want a free bed at SNY2 or something. Kone told me he couldn't give me my money back because the venue had already been paid for, but the money should have been taken from the cash prize. 10£ is nothing out of the cash prize, but I could've used it, seriously. I'm not against big cash prizes or stuff, but if a service was not delivered as promised, it should be paid back.
Now… about the food. I really enjoyed having hot meals served right at the venue… It was just awesome. But the amount of food was like… ridiculous… to me at least. I love food, I love to eat, so yeah, I need quantity. Quality was seriously fine and the price for it was amazingly low. 1£ for 2 meals a day during 3 days? Simply awesome. But I would have gladly paid more for more food. I don't know what the budget was on food at Zero Challenge 2, ken's tournament, but the whole tournament entry fee was 60$ and the food was not only awesome in quantity, but in quality as well. Personnally, I spent around 400€ on SNY, including the plane tickets, train tickets, bus tickets, and everything else. I spent 10 days in the UK so that's pretty normal. My point is… I could have spent another 5£ on extra food. or another extra 5£ on the cash prize. This is not a problem. When you come from abroad, the tournament entry fee doesn't really matter. ESA2 had 239 attendants and the entry fee was 40€, one of the biggest entry fee I've ever seen in Europe. I think american tournaments can go up to 100$ (for the whole package of course). Anyway, it was a really good first effort and SNY2 can only be better… START THE HYPE NOW ! I'll come for sure.

Shoutouts :

not in a specific order… take it easy :)

ddiz : you're like the first person I played at this tournament… I ***** you but it was fun and you're a funny guy. Keep playing and don't hesitate to travel abroad for tournaments (this statement goes for EVERYONE).

JO3 : too cool man, your place was chill, we jammed good, had many games, a lot of happy smoking and you're really cool. I'm a bit ashamed I didn't remember our first encounter in Sweden. I really hope you come to my place some time, I will house you for sure, you and your girlfriend are very welcomed in Montpellier ! See you soon I hope :)

Co3y : You rock ! We had fun in teams although we could have done better by playing together before the tournament… But what happened happened. Good jammin at JO3's place. Too bad you didn't stay longer. Same as JO3, I hope to see you soon.

j3ly : *side note* hey guys don't you like the "e" letter? what's with the "3"? lol.
thank you for housing man, your place is pretty cool though it needs some more work into it. I really slept well at yours, we had really good times smoking and playing. Good **** for the crew match, it was quite intense although I'm a bit disappointed not to have met you in brackets… I wouldn't have choked hehehehe. No seriously, you're really good and you should stick to mario if you love him so much. Europe needs players like you. I mean it. Don't go fox.

Neutroni : I had no idea who you were when we faced… The frenchies told me to be careful and both your level and playstyle surprised me, and yes, I choked hard against you… Good **** for 5th place, it's very good ! Next time we face, I'll make sure I play my best ;)

Exalador : Cool to see you again man :) I hope I can make it to the next ZEST… but my parents wouldn't agree cuz of weed being legal and stuff… we didn't play :(

Ivo : we talked for a few seconds ! last time we faced was at RoS4 I think… so we'll have to play next time !

Marc : I respect you so much… You're even older than me in this community, it's crazy. Also you did good in the tournament :) good **** old school ftw ! I wanna play you next time ! :)

Armada : We played only one match :( I wanted to MM you for some serious matches against your peach that I haven't played since Gulner in Norway I think. Your falco is pretty good, the one match we had was a falco ditto and it was nice :)
Next time, I'll make sure I play you seriously, ok? cya !

Zgetto : hey ! We played only in crews I think… You got me there :) you put so much pressure, it's really enjoyable to play against you. I think I kinda choked at the end of the match but I played good anyway. I'm happy about our match but next time it will be harder for you ^^.

Faab : Thanks for the shoutout ! We should have faced in the bracket but I lost my first match against vincent, then I wanted to MM you but I didn't get to do that… and so, we didn't play :( Next time, MM 10€ falco ditto ok ? Your falco is such an inspiration… so patient ! And you beat makenshi twice ! I can't do that for the moment but I'm working on it ;) keep playing and traveling please :)

Fuzzyness : you played too much for a host, next SNY you should be more concerned about that. Also, you seeded poorly, putting UK players way too high. Now you know… Only you is good enough on a european level in UK. You played really good against Armada ! good **** for 5th place.

Aniolas : you're so cool man ^^ I like your face lol. I liked our MM after SNY but in the venue XD. I put the video slhoka recorded online on my ftp. Link is at the end of the post. see you next time for sure ^^ !

Rocky : I can't tell if you improved, but I can tell you can still improve and you have a pretty clean playstyle. Our MM at kone's was fun. Next time we do one again ok?

Professor Pro : haha you're a funny little guy. I think you can improve a whole lot more and that you needed a tournament like this to start kicking *** seriously… Next time, MM 10£ ok ?

Utto : long time no see and play ! I liked our set in brackets.

Vincent : wow you really surprised me, I really underestimated you because I had no idea who you were when we faced… I choked and it felt bad, you actually ***** me bad ^^. Next time MM ok? I wanna get revenge ! Top 10 for a first international event is really good, keep playing and traveling !

Smasher89 : we played in teams… you outsmarted me on many things with your jiggly. I think you got way smarter than before (that was a long time ago though ^^) keep going !

Thomaz : I didn't think to see you again after so many years O_O good **** for traveling ! It's really good to see old faces.

Ryuker : still playing heh? good **** man :)

Dax : I know I changed a lot in the past 2 years… no more dreadlocks, beard, but still… You didn't come and talk to me :(

Retroking/Edwin : You're always smiling ! Banana smile all the time ! Incredible ! I finally met you ^^ I'm happy. We also played a few friendlies. It was cool but we need to play more. Come abroad ! ttyl on msn :)

Phex : you're a nice guy ! np for the cig :)

Shaun/PMS : I love your accent, the way you express yourself. Your place was mad chill, I loved it, loved your mother and you're really nice. I wanna see you again for sure, so come to France, you're always welcomed at my place in Montpellier and your brother of course. Up B out of shield, NOW !

King_NDJ/nathan : such a nice guy ! same as your brother, I wanna see you again before SNY2, so please, come to south of France anytime you want ! Free housing and food awaits you. Keep playing link ^^.

Deathgazer : cool guy ! technical falco as well. Keep playing, you can improve so much. It takes a long time but it's worth it. Playing good gives you a great satisfaction…

Alpha Dash : haha you were confident enough at the train station in London but when we played I managed to beat you ;) your ICs are pretty good and you can improve a lot more… like most UK players I've met, there's a lot of potential in you.

JAM : so cool to see you again after so many years :) We had a good chill ! I hope you can come to my place in south of france some time. You're invited whenever you want !

that bowser I played with ddiz : so courageous to main such a character lol. Keep playing and watch Tonberry's videos !

Kone : Great times ! It was nice seeing you again mate. You seem to have put a lot of work at the tournament and it was greatly appreciated by everyone, for sure. a big thanks to you and your team :)

Those I have played and did not shouted out : sorry, I can't remember every name ! But I do remember I enjoyed all my freeplays... so thx for playing :)

UK team A : we would have ***** you if all the good french players had been there ^^ good **** anyway :)

Finland + Germany : I don't know how you guys felt about this, but to me, it didn't feel right. I hope next time Germany has its own crew, same for Finland. Samochan where you at?

Dutchies : You ***** France :( I think we had bad luck the whole set… and we were missing good players, same as you guys. I can't wait for a real showdown… Maybe SNY2? :)

Italians : io amo i carburatori. Aldwyn taught me that XD. I think I played a few italians in freeplay… and vincent in brackets… You're all better than I expected, good **** !

Danes : I played of few of you guys…

Swedes : Smart players in general, sweden is definitely a good place to improve at smash I guess ^^.

UK : definitely one of the best communities in Europe chilling-wise. I had a really great time overall in London, Birmingham and Manchester. UK weed is pretty awesome, easy to get and just a little more expensive than in France… but the quality is certainly higher than the average we get in France ! You guys need to travel massively to France or Holland for the next big tournament !

Spaniards : where were you?

Last words :
great tourney, great times, great jammin, great people… great journey ! Personally, everything went smooth and I don't regret coming there at all. See you all at SNY2 !
Here is the link to the pictures and videos I took at SNY :
http://joannadark5.free.fr/SNY/

oh and…
AGAIN, I AM SORRY FOR ****** YOU PROF, I NEVER MEANT TO 3 STOCKS YOU IN POOLS BUT **** HAPPENS :)
thank you for shouting out that you ***** me :urg:

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I usually don't do long tournament reports anymore, but I had such a good time at this event that I feel I need to give some feedback.

The venue

Without a doubt, it's one of the, if not the best tournament venue I've ever seen. There are some flaws, like the rooms being quite cold in the morning or many of the available showers not functioning, but everything else easily makes up for those details.
I usually feel like **** during the first of hours a tournament day, but thanks to the beds and showers, it didn't happen this time even though I woke up early (a bit before 8, to secure a free shower). This made the event way more enjoyable for me.

The organization (of everything but the tournament itself)

It was really good too : we had many TVs, and the staff was always there to make sure everything was alright. The food was awesome, not in itself as it was pretty bad (but what can you expect with £1 for 4 meals ? :psycho:), but the fact that everyone was eating in the same room at the same time made it really enjoyable. I really liked this friendly canteen, way better than having everyone being split into small groups like it usually happens at tournaments. Also, it saved A LOT of time, which was really important.
While it was good overall, I think it may have been better if some things had been given some more thoughts. For instance, the TVs : we had 50 of them, which was actually more than necessary. Yet, quite a few of them weren't working or weren't properly spaced and therefore useless. That's a bit too bad, since testing quickly the TVs could have been done before the tournament.

The tournament in itself

It was great too ! The seeding was a bit weird for pools. I was lucky enough to have Charles asking me for help about this, which meant I could give a rather accurate seeding to the people I knew (and not only the French) However, I think that a better knowledge of the attendants would have been a great help : Fuzzyness overrated some people (I'm pretty sure you can guess at least on of those persons :laugh:), and really underrated some others, who got the lowest seed and were still really close from making it to the bracket.
But overall, I guess it was pretty good. And more important, everything finished in time (except the crews). We didn't have to play any tournament game late in the night... that's not common and it should be noted ;)

All in all, this tournament was excellent. You'll find a list of things that could be improved below, but even without that, I can say that I'll make my best to attend SNY2, and that I'll make sure to advertise the tournament as much as I can because it was amazing.

To be improved :

• Having keys for the rooms. It's not like I'd want everyone to isolate oneself in the rooms, but we often found our room open while all of us made sure to close the door every time, or while none of us didn't even go in the room. Qlex lost £40, which he probably left in the room, and even though we didn't make a fuss out of it because he wasn't 100% sure he left them in the room, it still reinforce my opinion that keys would be useful.
  • Room repartition : As mentioned by many people, there were quite a few problems. I heard what you didn't have a plan of the venue and therefore didn't know how many beds there were in each room... which would explain why you didn't make the repartition in advance like it was supposed to happen. Oh well, for next year, you can use Jo3's idea too.
  • Having a better knowledge of the attendants : I'm partly responsible for this as Fuzzy asked me to help for seeding. We failed to give a good regional seeding, as there were 2 Danes in my pool, and 2 Dutches in another one. Next time, I think it may be useful to prepare a document with everyone's nationality to avoid such things.
  • Having a better knowledge of tio : could have saved some time.
  • Using something else than a notebook to run the bracket : it sure is handy, but it's way to small. I got angry every time I had to use it :laugh:
  • TV testing and repartition, as mentioned above.

Also, I'm a bit concerned with the size of the venue for next year. While we had some space, I'm not sure the gym would be big enough if more people were to attend this tournament :ohwell:

The trip, and England in general

The first part of the trip went well, and we reached Kone's place pretty easily (and very tired, as I didn't get any sleep during the previous night because of the Apex live stream and our departure at 5am.
Staying at Kone's place was also great, even though the house was crowded. I don't go to pubs that often, but it was nice to go there both on Monday and Thursday. Just like Qlex somewhat disappointed Kone because of he was talking about Smash, I think me, Fortune Cookie and someone else depressed Kate when we began talking about DI while she was sitting between us :laugh:
Another think I loved at Kone's place : the pets ! Not the dogs (one of them kinda stinks, yet he seemed to like us when we arrived on the first day :mad:), but the cats were really cool. Especially when they were walking on the faces of asleep people :laugh:

Among the negative points : Our return trip was ****ed up because of National Express being ***** to us. I'm pretty mad because of this and next time, I'll make sure to book waaaaay in advance.
Also, England is expensive ! The food was pretty pricy (and not that good, especially that chinese restaurant near Kone's place !), and the transportation tickets were ridiculous, especially in London. But I expected this, so it wasn't that much of the problem. No, the worse was...
THE WEATHER :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Alright, I know about all the stereotypes about the English weather. While in France, I even spend a lot of time in Normandy, which is well-known for it's rainy weather... but come on ! It's freaking summer ! I checked the weather forecasts before leaving, and it said it would be nice. And yet, it rained pretty much every hour ! We couldn't even visit while being in London because there was so much rain :urg:

Shoutouts :

UK
I really loved the English community. I can't remember who said that, but you are definitely one of the best community to chill with (though you were a bit too loud during the crews =/)
Enjoy your victory on our crew, our revenge will be nasty =D

Kone & Kate : Thank you soooooooo much for everything you did, it was fantastic ! You made a gigantic effort to run this tournament, and you managed to make the first European tournament in England one of the best Europe has ever seen.
Housing so many people at your place was nothing but foolishness, and yet it seems it went rather well.
Both of you really deserve your vacation. Once again, cheers !

Gary : Thanks for always being ready to help, and for taking care of most TV-related issues at the tournament. Your contribution to this tournament was huge, and very appreciated.

Charles : Thanks for running the tournament in itself (+ everything else you did). I know how much work it is, and yet you also managed to place 5th. Good job ! I hope that if I ever face you in a tournament set, I hope I'll be as lucky as I am in freeplay :laugh:
Also, I hope I'll be able to taste some some of you cooking, it was pretty good.

SDB : Thank for running this event, it would not have been that good without your help !

Jo3 : Nice meeting you... for the first time, because I wasn't there at RoX4 or SVAR7 ;)
Also, sorry if we began talking in French while you were there. I usually try to make sure everyone can understand when we speak, because I hate to be the one who can't understand ****. It just seems that we kinda failed, this time.

Deathgazer : Keep improving like that, it's really encouraging !

Beast : Don't worry, we'll beat Fuzzy's Falco on FoD. He was lucky this time, but it won't last =D

King NDJ & PMS : I loved those freeplays against you guys, I hope to see more of you in the future !

Yuichi : Bowser > all. You got all my respect for having the guts to main him. He's my favourite character, but don't dare using him in tournament. Be prepared for some more Bowser dittos next time we meet :p

Fortune Cookie : Hey, ******** ! :laugh:
I believe I didn't play against you, but it doesn't matter. I really enjoyed our discussions, and I hope to see you again, at SNY2 at least.

Willz : Lol Justin Bieber. Nice to meet one of the most infamous European trolls. Also, your Falcon is pretty sexy :p

Retroking : Stop teleporting with Marth, that's not normal ! :laugh:

Blinky : Before we played, I had a memory of Fuzzy telling me that you were a really bad player. I'll make sure never to trust my memory anymore, because I was wrong for sure. You got me so scared with your almost-comeback on the decisive game of our set. It really could have gone either way ! I hope to see you again :D

Swizzy, Pro Pro, Coey, Yeniths, and the other Brits : I didn't have the opportunity to discuss a lot with you guys... and I wish I did. Pretty much every Brit I met was really nice and contributed in making this tournament great. Sorry if I didn't lever a shoutout for you while we discussed a lot, I'm really bad at remembering names and faces so I can't say a many things as I'd want (<== john)

Sweden

Aniolas : Haha, short hair = 5 years younger ! Now you look like you do on the JST5 pics :laugh:
Anyway, great to see you again, blah blah, usual stuff :p

Armada : I'm starting to want you to lose (in PAL) ! There's no more suspense at Euro tournaments !
I hope you'll find the way to beat hbox and Mango, it's time for a claim the world's #1 rank.

Rocky : Great to meet you again. I haven't played against you or even seen you play, but I heard nothing but good things about your Falcon. I hope you'll keep improving like that.

Smasher89 : Aniolas says Ashura's better than you against Sheik, he's wrong :o

Smakis : Nice meeting you ! But the next time we meet, I won't lose =p

AJP : It's good to know that there is someone reliable to take care of videos. I don't know how we'll do without you !

C : Thanks for allowing me to multiply my swedish vocabulary by 2 :D

Netherlands

Zgetto : I'm actually really happy not not have been 4-stocked in crews :laugh:

VBM : Meh, every time I wanted to ask you for some freeplay like you promised me after our pool set, there was always someone waiting to play against you =(
I'd love to have your advices, because I really hate the Falco matchup.

Marc : It was good to see you again... in better conditions than last time :p

UchihaJP : I was sooooooooooo happy to see you again ! Next time I see you (most likely this year, at a Dutch tournament), I'll try to bring a chocolate cake.

Jimmy : When asking about your level for the seeding, Zgetto told me that you sucked, but less than me. And I must say he was right, your Doc really impressed me. I don't have a lot of experience against him, so our friendlies were not only enjoyable, but extremely useful to me. Keep improving ;)

Ryuker : Always a pleasure to see you. Project M looks very interesting, I'm kinda sad I couldn't play it more.

Exalador, Mind Trick, Ivo, Utto : Didn't talk a lot to you guys, but it was nice to see you again.

Denmark

D1ll1ng : Nice games in pools :)
I'm sorry you were not the only Dane in your pool.

Oni Nick : I saw you play at TSL4, and I played you at this tournament. I may be wrong, but I'm under the impression that you improved a lot ! If I'm not mistaken, keep doing that :)
Also, same thing as D1ll1ng for the pools.

Finland

Neutroni : Good **** for 5th place, I didn't expect that.

NamiNami : Good games too. If I remember well, it was your first tourney abroad... good stuff for making it to the bracket, then !

Italy
I really didn't expect you guys to be so good (especially Vincent !). You were also really nice, so I hope I'll see more of you in the future.

Dax : Meh. Sometimes, **** happens and you just proved it. You are very good, and hopefully, you'll have the opportunity to get your revenge (though I'll make everything to beat you again :p)

Melt : Nice Samus you got there ! I'm lucky to have some experience against her, because I'm pretty sure our freeplays would have been one-sided otherwise.

Germany

Es ärgert mich so viel, nicht mehr auf Deutsch mit euch zu sprechen ! Seit Berlin hab ich mein Deutch nicht geübt, und hier könnte ich die Folgen sehen. Jetzt bin ich motiviert, auf Deutsch besser zu werden, um mit euch nur auf Deutsch zu sprechen !

Tero : Gutes Pool Set. Ich bin nicht zufrieden mit diesem Matches, aber auch wenn ich gut gespielt hätte, hättest du gewonnen.

Yomi : Tech-chase FTW ! :D
Also, ich hab nix gesehen, aber ich hab gehört dass du jetzt einen krassen Doc spielst. Die Matches hätte ich gern geguckt.

Usleon : "Hiiii guyzzz !" Wie kann man so gruselig sein ? :laugh:
Es freut mich, dass ich dich kennen gelernt habe. Samochan hatte mich über dich vor lang viel geredet.
Friendlies waren cool, deine Spacies sind gut. Ich habe also das Gefuhl, dass es ein lateinamerikanisch Stil gibt : der Mexikaner und der Kolumbianer, die ich gespielt habe hatten den selben aggressiven und schnellen Stil.

Phex : Ich habe gesagt, dass ich nur auf Deutsch mit den Deutchen sprechen/schreiben wurde. Aber warte mal ! Mit dir klappt es nicht ! Trink mal ein Bier, und dann.... on passe en Français !
J'étais très content de te revoir à ce tournoi. Je ne suis pas content de notre match en bracket : j'ai progressé contre Peach depuis ma défaite contre toi en crews au TSL5... mais tu as progressé encore plus :(
Bravo pour ta victoire, elle était bien méritée.
EN plus de cela, c'était super de discuter avec toi en dehors du tournoi, en particulier au bar où tu nous as bien fait marrer avec l'histoire de Black Soul, et avec ton Français qui nous a tous fait halluciner.
A la prochaine ;)

To everyone :
If you were expecting to get a shoutout from me but didn't get any... don't worry, I'm pretty forgetful, but I still love you :)

Important : I'm missing a Melee disc. I lent it to the Italians on Thursday night while we were at Kone & Kate's place. I don't know who had it now, but it's easy so see it's mine : there a sticker on it reading "Slhoka". If you have it, please send me a PM. Thanks !

Also important : A few months ago, I created a map featuring the location of every single player I played. I'd like to continue this project, so if you've played against me (in freeplay or in tournament, singles or doubles, it doesn't matter) and are not on this map, please send me a message with your location so I can add you. No need to give the exact location, I just need the city (or the borough, if you live in a very large city). Thanks !

OverLord

Smash Ace
Shloka, we left at 4 a.m. in the morning, while we were leaving I said to a guy that was there going to play on the Cube we were playing (don't remember who he was), that the Melee in there was yours, with a sticker saying your name, 'cause you were already sleeping. I'm sorry if it got lost, maybe I should've let it to some french guy in the room that was still awake (Akim was there).

Hope it will come out soon. : /

VA

Smash Hero
Everyone should watch siwzzy armada in crews. See how when Armada tries his ultra safe fair > jab > dsmash pressure swizzy doesn't give a **** and grabs him out of jab.

I CAN'T EXPLAIN HOW MANY TIMES I GET GRABBED OUT OF JABBING SWIZZY'S SHIELD.

He's too good.

Gutted I missed this tournament. Sounds like everyone had a lot of fun.

Tbh I'm not a douchebag. I may be on boards, but in reality I'm somtimes ok. Maybe one day I'll get the chance to show people this.

Kone

Smash Master
Sup world?

A few small complaints:
- rooms were cold as hell (bad comparison)
- seeding was pretty bad tbqh (UK people privileged and people had to play their pool opponets 1st/2nd round in bracket)

I was in a really bad mood most of the time (got my mind set on many other things aside from smash) so I'd really like to apologize for not beeing as talkative as I was at other events and standing arround most of the time rejecting to play friendlies or sandbaging when I played some, none the less I really enjoyed the people I talked to or played with.

Shoutouts:

Ed/Kone: Great host and super cool guy, thank you very much for the tournament and housing afterwards, too bad we didn't play but it seems like you haven't played much anyway. Come to germany once so we can thank you for all the hospitality.

Kate/Ed's GF: Thank you for the food and letting so many people stay at your place after the tournament.
Cheers guys!
Hey Andy. I noticed that your grasp of English was more than good enough but that you seemed very reserved. I hope you managed to solve your problems. In terms of the seeding I will have to be more hands on with that next year and I don't agree with the rooms being too cold especially since you guys were in the single rooms that were being had working radiators :ohwell:. Maybe its the difference in British/German weather?!
Alright, guys!

Just tried to find a way out of my lack of sleep, but guess I'll have to cope with it. I've been sleeping 12 hours a day since my arrival in Paris =_=

So, huh, the tournament was something really huge. I'm used to leaving quick shoutouts somewhere, even after a tourney this big, but right now I won't. It's gonna be a little bit long, and you guys will understand why :

In two weeks or so, I'll be beginning a third year of preparatory school, to get admission into the greatest engineering schools in France. During the two first years, I wasn't balancing work and smash this well. Now I know what I'm supposed to do, and it's out of certain sadness that I announce I'm not gonna be active up until July 2011 in the smash community.

This tourney was my last one before I start holding my breath for the upcoming year. I trained a fair bit for this, and I gotta admit, I didn't train like this for a long time. I wanted to see the community again, in due shape.

And boy, the tourney was sooo awesome! I felt really bad for Charles when he realized there was a theft. And there were sooo many things I can hardly think of talking about every of them. Really, it was a perfect goodbye tourney. I hope that when I'm back, the next tourney would then be SNY2 :)

The pub part was new to me, and booy was it nice to be chilling. I just laughed when Kone heard something about smash back then, he was "Oh smash discussions..."

But the beginning was : The travelling. Wow, next time I swear I'm gonna book it up early, especially the buses. It was long, but definitely worth it. Besides, you don't have a good trip without it. I couldn't be more thankful about the housing, the beds, the food (yes I thought it was okay, because it was made in the kitchen, and I appreciate warm food much more than fast-done meals)...

THANK

YOU

The UK : You guys are just awesome! I want you to get to lotsa EU tourneys!

Gary, Kate, Charles, Ed, the two Sam Koop and Beast, Mike, Joe, Brad and Jam...

Really, you know what?

YOU

ARE

AMAZING

Thank you, thank you! You guys rock, in the game and in real life, I bow down to you!

No problem Qlex you are more than welcome. I hope your last year of prep school goes successfully and that you make SNY2 :).
:)

Quick shout outs

Fuzzy and Kone: Awesome tourney guys, best one I've been to EVER, by a long way. Beds and loads of rooms at a tourney is too good. The Fuzzy 15 was pretty f*cking awesome, as was Jam5 and Kone 9th in doubles :p)
Thanks for all your help Mikey :) was very much appreciated by both me and Kate. We couldn't have hosted this event as successfully without you guys chipping in.

Hey guys !
I need to write a report cuz I have things to say :)..................................................................................................
Firstly, I appreciate that the quantity and the quality of the food wasn't great. We did only charge £1 for four meals and it was the first time we had cooked for such a large number of people. Personally, I think the addition was a huge undertaken for the fact we were hosting our first european tournament. Also, there were seconds on both the spag bol and chip dishes.

I also understand that we could've charged more and made the quality better. Thing is I had to play a very careful game for SNY. I had promised the venue that I would fill all the beds in the venue. Until a few weeks before the tournament itself this was looking a little touch and go and not very promising. Most europeans had never been to a UK tournament, most of the UK had never been to a european tournament (thus not had to pay the amount they did at SNY) AND SNY has no reputation. This meant I was more concerned with getting as many people to come as possible for as cheap as possible. Next time I can up how much I charge and make the overall experience better as the reputation from SNY1 will ensure we get a good turnout for SNY2. 111 people was very very good for this :)

Lastly, I am sorry I was blunt to you when you asked me about the bed on the last day. However, did you not notice how insanely busy I was that day? I was running around madly cleaning rooms, dinning room, kitchen and taken tvs home. It really wasn't the most appropriate time to corner me when I was walking out the front door. You being stoned badly all the time meant that you weren't very easy to deal with either :s. You had ample time to tell me during the tournament to tell me you were bedless (infact there was a spare bed in the LC room I could given you) ESPECIALLY since I served you food twice a day lol. Maybe think a bit more next time ;)?

I do appreciate the effort you put into coming though and that you enjoyed the tournament/willing to make SNY2. I shall sort out some form of freebie for you at SNY2 to make up for you missing out on a bed. This goes out to anyone that didn't get a bed. Please pm me.

Kone: Great Job with the tourney! I cannot say i have any complaints worth writing down! Beds, Food, Venue and so on.
It was kinda annoying to not get any housing eventhough we were possibly the first to ask, and then be hanging in the air in the end... good thing tamoo jumped in!
Thanks alot to you and Kate for housing after the tourney, cooking, organizing and everything!!

One of the best tourneys i´ve been to, but also the most expensive travel experience i had so far :D
Thank you to everyone who made this possible.
Heya Yomi. The housing and everything else was not a problem and your more than welcome. You guys were very respectable and nice guys so you are welcome anytime (smash or not). Add me on msn ceddon@hotmail.com and let me know whenever there is a large German tournament up and coming or near yourselves. Would really enjoy coming over and chilling with you guys. Germany is my favourite country in Europe after all :).

Housing wise don't fret. In the UK community London is renowned for being terrible housing wise. I knew you guys had asked first and was attempting for a long time to sort something out. I had given the Dutchies Jolteons place as it isn't really in London and wouldn't have been appropriate for you guys (they drove).

Im glad Tam jumped in and thank him for that. However, I had told Hans that you would be housed by me regardless. I had already spoke to Alex (Kate's brother currently living at my place) and he was coolw ith you guys staying at mine while we were away on holiday. Soooo you would never have ended up without anywhere to stay.

Money wise the UK can be expensive especially in London. It is so much more expensive than the rest of the UK. There is a big cost different between the South and North of England. Im from the north and still getting used to Birmingham prices :s.

If you make SNY2 (which I hope you do) please pay for your coaches ahead of time. Trains are waaaaay too expensive in the UK and coaches are only insanely cheap when booked a month in advance.

JD: Some people claimed beds who weren't supposed to. Ace (Dutchie) slept in his car because of this, despite having paid for a bed. It sucks, but supposedly next time they'll have lists. Anyway, it was good to see you again. :)

Are there vids up somewhere? I just realised my set against Armada might have been recorded and I'd like to see it again. I also might have missed a few other good tournament sets, though I've seen most matches when they happened.
Ace should've let me know this and as above ill sort out a freebie if he makes SNY2.
^Me and eagle played you and retroking in teams :( (the marth and samus :p)

Edit: I also ended up sleeping on the floor the first night because of people taking beds without having paid for it. Jonas ended up sleeping on the floor both nights.
As above.

I usually don't do long tournament reports anymore, but I had such a good time at this event that I feel I need to give some feedback.

Im quoting all this as I really appreciate your feedback as 1. I could tell you knew what you were on about and 2. You were easily the nicest European at the tournament.

The venue

Without a doubt, it's one of the, if not the best tournament venue I've ever seen. There are some flaws, like the rooms being quite cold in the morning or many of the available showers not functioning, but everything else easily makes up for those details.
I usually feel like **** during the first of hours a tournament day, but thanks to the beds and showers, it didn't happen this time even though I woke up early (a bit before 8, to secure a free shower). This made the event way more enjoyable for me.

Marc told me on either the first or second morning that the showers in your block weren't working. There was a switch on the roof outside the showers that needed to be pulled to swtich the showers on. Maybe I fixed this after your last shower OR there were other showers that needed to be switched on in a similar manner. This is one of those things I would never have been able to sprt our before the tournament and will learn from for SNY1. Will make sure I check showers on the first day/ask venue owner to ensure they are all on.

I wasn't aware that the rooms you were sleeping in were so cold. The area I was sleeping in was fine and in the evening the radioators went on in the hallways. It may hve been a case of the radiators in your rooms needing to be switched on. Regardless, this is another thing I will check on pre-SNY2.

The organization (of everything but the tournament itself)

It was really good too : we had many TVs, and the staff was always there to make sure everything was alright. The food was awesome, not in itself as it was pretty bad (but what can you expect with £1 for 4 meals ? :psycho:), but the fact that everyone was eating in the same room at the same time made it really enjoyable. I really liked this friendly canteen, way better than having everyone being split into small groups like it usually happens at tournaments. Also, it saved A LOT of time, which was really important.
While it was good overall, I think it may have been better if some things had been given some more thoughts. For instance, the TVs : we had 50 of them, which was actually more than necessary. Yet, quite a few of them weren't working or weren't properly spaced and therefore useless. That's a bit too bad, since testing quickly the TVs could have been done before the tournament.

Food wise I agree (and so do most people;)). Next time there will be a slight food price increase to make portions and quality better. I will also sort out a larger Kitchen crew and people on clean up as waaaay to much time was spent by me and Kate (Gary/Brad other) cleaning the dinning room and kitchen up. The atmosphere in the dinning room was awesome though and I am glad you mentioned it as without it I don't think cooking would've been worthwhile.

TV wise I spent the week before the tournament going wild trying to find tvs for the tournament. This involved alot of time online (freecycle/ebay) tracking tvs down aswell as driving around the West Midlands (not just Birmingham) finding and moving tvs around. This included going to London to get TVs from Charles. For those that remembered the chain of people we had to move tvs upstairs in my house (and how fun it was :urg:) think about that being just me ;). Basically, I left it a little too late and really didn't have time to work through each tv and see if it worked. Next year I will make sure I use my time alot more effectivaly and I am going to label each TV with instructions on how to get it to work and match it with appropriate remote etc.

Will definetly sort out a list of TVs pre-tournament i.e. 1-50 and ask people if they are able to bring setups and assign them a tv. This way they will know before the tournament which tv they are to put their tv on. It will also be their job to make sure the tv is on and setup is working before they can do anything else.

The tournament in itself

It was great too ! The seeding was a bit weird for pools. I was lucky enough to have Charles asking me for help about this, which meant I could give a rather accurate seeding to the people I knew (and not only the French) However, I think that a better knowledge of the attendants would have been a great help : Fuzzyness overrated some people (I'm pretty sure you can guess at least on of those persons :laugh:), and really underrated some others, who got the lowest seed and were still really close from making it to the bracket.
But overall, I guess it was pretty good. And more important, everything finished in time (except the crews). We didn't have to play any tournament game late in the night... that's not common and it should be noted ;)

Yeah I am glad you noted it. It was my main aim this tournament as I have been very annoyed and sick of going to large European tournaments and playing at midnight. Crews going late was okay in my opinion as it is more of a social event than anything else. I may add a fee for crews next time though to make them more important (outside of the UK) and start them earlier.

Im seeding next year and running bracket. I felt exhausted after the first morning with moving tvs and never felt like I caught up or that I was in full control of the venue. Next time If I get the venue at 9am again I will make sure people can't arive till 11/12 given me and staff ample time to set up etc. The movement of food, tvs and equipment was incredibly tiring (especially largely on my own) and will be rectified next year. Me and Kate are buying a caravan (lol) for Xmas presents and this will be used to move EVERYTHING in one go which will be hugely benefitial to the running of the tournament. It will also free up beds in the venue as it'll be a 4/5 person caravan and people can stay in there aswell (including me and Kate).

All in all, this tournament was excellent. You'll find a list of things that could be improved below, but even without that, I can say that I'll make my best to attend SNY2, and that I'll make sure to advertise the tournament as much as I can because it was amazing.

To be improved :

• Having keys for the rooms. It's not like I'd want everyone to isolate oneself in the rooms, but we often found our room open while all of us made sure to close the door every time, or while none of us didn't even go in the room. Qlex lost £40, which he probably left in the room, and even though we didn't make a fuss out of it because he wasn't 100% sure he left them in the room, it still reinforce my opinion that keys would be useful.

I looked for this money and couldn't find it anywhere. Not to be mean to Qlex (who rocks ;)) but I remember spending alot of time searching for his controller at ZEST4 which he found in his bag ;). You are right though and keys should be available. At SNY2 im going to ask the owner to have all rooms pre-locked and keys picked up by me in the morning. I can then sort out whos sleeping in what room. Belongings will be asked to be put in the lounge on entrance. I will run a introduction (which I wanted to do at SNY1 but ran out of time to do properly) earlier on on the first day and keys and rules will be handed out then.
  • Room repartition : As mentioned by many people, there were quite a few problems. I heard what you didn't have a plan of the venue and therefore didn't know how many beds there were in each room... which would explain why you didn't make the repartition in advance like it was supposed to happen. Oh well, for next year, you can use Jo3's idea too.

I didn't get a floor plan and the venue owner couldn't give me an accurate run down of how the venue was separated. I hope people can appreciate this as I did after seeing the venue for the first time propely Tuesday morning. I tried various times to get into the venue and do research prior to the event but it is booked out CONSTANTLY and I couldn't. During SNY1 when I was tidying the place up I made a floor plan. This will be used by me to assign rooms prior to SNY2 and it'll be available by everyone to see which room they are in on the website. I shall also do my upmost to separate by country.
  • Having a better knowledge of the attendants : I'm partly responsible for this as Fuzzy asked me to help for seeding. We failed to give a good regional seeding, as there were 2 Danes in my pool, and 2 Dutches in another one. Next time, I think it may be useful to prepare a document with everyone's nationality to avoid such things.
  • Having a better knowledge of tio : could have saved some time.
  • Using something else than a notebook to run the bracket : it sure is handy, but it's way to small. I got angry every time I had to use it :laugh:
  • TV testing and repartition, as mentioned above.

I know tio Charles doesn't ;). Seeding and bracket will be much better next time. I WILL run singles and make the bracket. I have never made some of the errors seen at SNY1 in the bracket. It really annoys me that people played each other early int he bracket after being in the same pool. Shouldn't ever happen.

Also, I'm a bit concerned with the size of the venue for next year. While we had some space, I'm not sure the gym would be big enough if more people were to attend this tournament :ohwell:

I don't think this will matter. It'll be more cramped but doable imo.

The trip, and England in general

The first part of the trip went well, and we reached Kone's place pretty easily (and very tired, as I didn't get any sleep during the previous night because of the Apex live stream and our departure at 5am.
Staying at Kone's place was also great, even though the house was crowded. I don't go to pubs that often, but it was nice to go there both on Monday and Thursday. Just like Qlex somewhat disappointed Kone because of he was talking about Smash, I think me, Fortune Cookie and someone else depressed Kate when we began talking about DI while she was sitting between us :laugh:

We both really enjoyed the Frenchies company down the pub and how respectful you all were at our place. The note you guys left and the chocolates went down VERY WELL.

Another think I loved at Kone's place : the pets ! Not the dogs (one of them kinda stinks, yet he seemed to like us when we arrived on the first day :mad:), but the cats were really cool. Especially when they were walking on the faces of asleep people :laugh:

Haha Archie can smell abit if he hasn't had a wash for abit. Running SNY had meant that ;)

Among the negative points : Our return trip was ****ed up because of National Express being ***** to us. I'm pretty mad because of this and next time, I'll make sure to book waaaaay in advance.

Not to be arsey but I told everyone to do this. National Express, Megabus and Easybus are really really cheap BUT you must book ahead of time or else their prices go up, up and up!

Also, England is expensive ! The food was pretty pricy (and not that good, especially that chinese restaurant near Kone's place !) I don't think food prices are that bad epecially from a fish and chip shop of takeaway shop. Yes, everything else is (but not Scandinivian prices) , and the transportation tickets were ridiculous, especially in London. But I expected this, so it wasn't that much of the problem. No, the worse was...
THE WEATHER :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Alright, I know about all the stereotypes about the English weather. While in France, I even spend a lot of time in Normandy, which is well-known for it's rainy weather... but come on ! It's freaking summer ! I checked the weather forecasts before leaving, and it said it would be nice. And yet, it rained pretty much every hour ! We couldn't even visit while being in London because there was so much rain :urg:

Welcome to the UK ;). You now know how crappy it is for us and why we enjoy being abroad so much. There is very little way of determining the weather in the UK ahead of time and I don't think anyone here really looks at weather forecasts more than a day ahead of time. We don't really enjoy a obvious summer i.e. consecutive days of sunshine and usually if we do it falls out of the normal summer months i.e. we had three weeks of nice weather (our summer) in April :urg:.

This is because the UK has one of the least specific climates in the world. Climate is where you can work out what you can expect in a particular time of the year based on the average weather pattern of previous years. Sooo, in places like southern France and Spain they have a Mediterranean climate that is really easy to know ahead of time eg it'll be really hot and humid and piss it down late May, really nice over the next three months (getting really hot Aug) and then by mid Sept it over etc.

In the UK we have the Gulf stream and Hadleys Cell (which circulates above the UK) based on these two variables (and how quickly they change) our weather can change drastically between one day and the next meaning we go through both warm/cold fronts much quicker than other countries. Hence, the rain ;)

ZE]
Everyone should watch siwzzy armada in crews. See how when Armada tries his ultra safe fair > jab > dsmash pressure swizzy doesn't give a **** and grabs him out of jab.

I CAN'T EXPLAIN HOW MANY TIMES I GET GRABBED OUT OF JABBING SWIZZY'S SHIELD.

He's too good.

Gutted I missed this tournament. Sounds like everyone had a lot of fun.

Tbh I'm not a douchebag. I may be on boards, but in reality I'm somtimes ok. Maybe one day I'll get the chance to show people this.
We all know your a cool cat Robby :)

Top Bottom