• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snow Miser for Multiversus

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Who is Snow Miser?
He's Mister White Christmas
He's Mister Snow!
He's Mister Icicle
He's Mister Ten Below!

Snow Miser is from the 1974 Rankin/Bass Christmas special, The Year Without a Santa Claus. He’s the one who controls the world's cold weather and is at constant war with his brother and rival, Heat Miser. Their quarrel spark the conflict and the protagonists ask for their help getting people in the south to believe in Santa and wind up getting mixed up in their bickering before getting Mother Nature to set them straight. He is jolly and eccentric. A showman, singer and dancer overflowing with charisma and wit.

Why Snow Miser?
That’s right! Warner Bros owns the rights to A Year Without a Santa Claus as well as the post-1974 Rankin/Bass Productions library. Despite much of this part of the library being less iconic than the likes of Rudolph or Frosty or even Santa Claus is Coming to Town, having a character from this library would be exactly the brand of bizarre and eclectic addition this game perpetuates and Snow Miser is such a beloved character regardless.

What can he do?
As the one who controls cold weather, he’s capable of many snow and ice related powers. He can throw snow and ice projectiles, conjure up ice breath and cold winds, spin around in a tornado like manner, could use his cane as a melee weapon if needed, and could even summon his minions for various tasks. Even though the season’s passed, I wanna see this miser turn his foes to snow in his clutch. All things considered, is he really too much?

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

He's Mister White Christmas
He's Mister Snow!
He's Mister Icicle
He's Mister Ten Below!

That’s right! Warner Bros owns the rights to A Year Without a Santa Claus as well as the post-1974 Rankin/Bass Productions library and even though the season’s passed, I wanna see this miser turn his foes to snow in his clutch. All things considered, is he really too much?
This is hilarious and all but can you give more detail than that? What would his moveset be like? And while we all should know who he is, provide some more detail on what his personality is like.

I don't mean to be pushy, but since I recommended the idea of support threads to the mods, I want to make sure there is a standard of quality. I'm not asking you to write an essay or anything, just a couple paragraphs.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This is hilarious and all but can you give more detail than that? What would his moveset be like? And while we all should know who he is, provide some more detail on what his personality is like.

I don't mean to be pushy, but since I recommended the idea of support threads to the mods, I want to make sure there is a standard of quality. I'm not asking you to write an essay or anything, just a couple paragraphs.
Well, at the moment we don’t know the full extent of the actual movesets in the game itself but I do have a few ideas already, I’ll need a bit of time to post them

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Well, at the moment we don’t know the full extent of the actual movesets in the game itself but I do have a few ideas already, I’ll need a bit of time to post them
No worries. Take your time. I look forward to seeing your ideas.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
If any Christmas or Winter related character joins Multiversus, it should definitely be Snow Miser (the coolest Miser Brother)! I support!

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Okay, hear me out. What if Snow Miser and Ice King from Adventure Time had a baby, and he got into Multiversus?

Edit: I already came up with a name for him. I'll name him Franklin King.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Rankin-Bass Christmas specials are an incredibly iconic bunch of films, and to me, they've always had a "Big Four" of sorts: Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and, of course, A Year Without a Santa Claus. The Snow Miser was always one of my favorite characters from these films, so I absolutely support him for this game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Now that I have an idea for how the movesets will work, wrote up one for Snow Miser:

Neutral Attack
Ground: CHILL OUT - Throws an ice ball PROJECTILE, CHARGE up to turn it into a faster ice bolt
Air: BRRRRRR!! - spins around in a whirlwind. CHARGE the attack for a longer whirl

Side Attack
Ground: COOL CANE - A flurry of cane pokes. The CHARGED version is followed by a tap on the ground
Air: Similar to ground, without CHARGE

Up Attack
Ground: LET IT FREEZE - CHARGE an attack where Snow Miser pulls out a thermometer as the temperature drops to below freezing, granting an ICE DEBUFF. Any airborne enemies caught will be thrown to the ground.
Air: Similar to ground, without CHARGE

Down Attack
Ground: ICE KICKS - Snow Miser CHARGES up a series of dancing kicks. This attack moves him forward.
Air: Same as ground, without Charge

Neutral Special
Ground: TURNS TO SNOW IN MY CLUTCH - Snow Miser turns enemy PROJECTILES into snow with a flick of his finger. The snow will drop onto the ground or stick to an opponent, granting them a SNOW DEBUFF.
Air: Same as ground.

Side Special
Ground: ROLLING SNOWBALL - balls up a snowball and roll sit along the ground as a PROJECTILE. Any SNOW it rolls into on the stage will make it grow larger. A FULLY CHARGED snowball is large enough to trap opponents inside and carry them in its path. The snowball explodes shortly after leaving the stage, leaving behind SNOW
Air: MR. 10 BELOW - uses his ice breath to form a ice -10 sculpture that becomes a falling PROJECTILE that instantly deals an ICE DEBUFF.

Up Special
Ground: I’M TOO MUCH - taps his hat and turns it into SNOW that lands on both sides of him. On COOLDOWN he throws a snowball into the air.
Air: WE’LL HAVE A BLIZZARD! - carried up on a blizzard wind. The wind flings snow upwards dealing SNOW DEBUFF

Down Special
Ground: MINI MISER - summons one of his minions who assists allies as a fighter. COOLDOWN APPLIES
Air: MR. ICICLE - drops an icicle PROJECTILE below him. CHARGE to drop multiple icicles on both sides

Passive Ability
I’M MR. WHITE CHRISTMAS
Any attacks that create snow will grant a SNOW DEBUFF that slows down and adds weight onto enemies upon contact. The SNOW will melt over time but can be stacked. Upon contact with allies, the snow grants SNOW ARMOR which can protect against fire and explosive attacks for ONE TURN.
Taunt 1 - performs a tap routine

Taunt 2 - points and laughs maniacally

Victory Animation - uses his ice breath to summon his throne and sits upon it while laughing joyfully and maniacally

Losing Animation: watches a snowball in his hand melting in shock and throws his head back in contempt

Last edited:
Top Bottom