• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNM: Melee after dark RESULTS

Charoo

Smash Champion
SATURDAY NIGHT MADNESS

CONTACT INFORMATION
FACEBOOK:
Phone Number: Champ - 562 645 6031 Gameplay - 562-421-6880
Stream:

5911 East Spring St.
Long Beach, CA 90808

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE

July 14th, 2012
6:00PM - Registration Begins
7:00PM - Tournament Starts

EVENT LINEUP

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (XBOX 360)
King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
Soul Calibur V (PS3)
Super Smash Brothers Melee 1v1 (gameube/wii)

You must bring your own controller. We have a dual modded house stick and some controller converters. Contact me for more info on that. Don't assume that the converter will work on your controller.

REGISTRATION

To register, just come to our event and register. There's no online pre registration
Entry Fee: $5 per game
Venue Fee: $5 total

PAYOUT

60/30/10% of the pot will be given to top 3 as cash prizes.

BOUNS: We are adding a 20% pot bonus to ALL THE GAMES regardless of entrants. That means if the pot is $100, we will add 20% to it! 2GG is always looking to increase the prizes for all our attendees.

RULES

Best of 3 for all matches
Best of 5 for Winners, Losers, and Grands finals
Default setting
Double Elimination

EVO Rules except wireless controllers are allowed.

Melee Rules
Taken from Rule 6

-4 Stocks
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Pause is set to “Off” (Non of that quick reset bull****!)
-Items set to “Off” and “None”
-Wobbling / Blizzobbling is legal.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., Ice Climbers’ Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner., etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
-The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as continuing infinite’s (wobbling/blizzobbling) past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Peach’s wall-bombing, or Jigglypuff’s rising pound can be only be used as recovery tactics.
-Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
-Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
-In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:
Who ever has more remaining stock left.
If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by who ever has less percent.
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters, and same stage.

Stages

Neutrals

Final Destination
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland

Counterpick

Pokemon Stadium
Kongle Jungle 64

SWEEPSTAKE AND GIVEAWAY

1 $10 Gameplay gift card
1 $25 Amazon Gift Card

Like our facebook page on the day of the tournament for a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card

Also, by entering the tournament, you will instantly be in a drawing for a $10 gift card at GAMEPLAY

NOS Energy Drink is now supporting us because they like our cause and want to help the gaming community as a whole. At every single one of our event, we will be giving away FREE NOS drinks and swag such as bandana, hats, t shirt, sunglasses, water bottle, etc.! All you gotta do is attend our event and come have fun =) Thank you NOS!

Charoo

Smash Champion
nice there's some good interest on this! I'll make it happen in July then!

COCO

Smash Cadet
Oh sweet yea luckily this isnt too far from Torrance. Hype! Im down daawg.

Also, Jonny, I can take you there if u drop by my house. Or I could possibly pick u up, if u were willing to pitch in for gas

~BoscoMan~

Smash Apprentice
Also, Jonny, I can take you there if u drop by my house. Or I could possibly pick u up, if u were willing to pitch in for gas
thanks coco, i would definitely split gas with you. that is, if i can go at all.. might be out of town if its the 14th but ill let you know when it gets closer

Lovage

Smash Hero
interesting!!!

champ tournies are always great

how long do you have the venue for? i would think as long as there's <35 people we could squeeze a quick teams bracket in (we can forfeit bo5 privileges if needed)

Charoo

Smash Champion
I usually have the venue till midnight. This will happen 100% just waiting for a reply and I'll put up all the info and such

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Wait is this the 14th or the 21st? Says the 21st in the title but champ suggested the 14th >.>

T

themicrOPness

I'll go if I can get a ride from Fallbrook. Will pitch for gas.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Tournament is now official! See you all there and ask me any questions if you have one!

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
Your holding it at gameplay! Freaking love that place...they've got a lot of stuff though XD Do you need any set ups? Because it didn't say so on the original post.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Feel free to txt me if u need an answer asap.

ALSO, bring your cube/wii with melee and I'll waived the venue fee!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys,

Connor's coming to this!!!!

CAN WE PLEASE DO TEAMS WE'LL DO IT QUICKLY COME ON IT'S MELEE!

Cause I wanna team with Connor omg conniecakes!

Charoo

Smash Champion
We can TRY to do teams. No promises.

Just come early!

more set ups = more likely for teams

Top Bottom