• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNK's Beautiful Ninjutsu Warrior - Mai Shiranui Support Thread (Officially too lewd for Smash)

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I think Terry, Mai, and Athena definitely makes the most sense here if they did go for a KoF style team layout

I still am thinking it'll just be Terry though. I wouldn't mind Mai coming later however

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
On another note, I got around to buying Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 on switch, and am trying to pick it up

Mai's arcade mode ending is actually hilarious

MetaDork

Smash Rookie
I support Mai too She is one of the Coolest SNK characters as well with Terry and other characters I was kinda Suprised But not really that Terry Was Revealed But i woulda Been Happy if Mai made it in But She could be one Cause in the Direct It said Their planning for more DLC.

MetaDork

Smash Rookie
When sari said some people might prefer only her jiggle physics im just thinking why do people only like a Female Character for the jiggles why do they even want to look at the character or play as them. When i watched the mai theme from a FF game they someone said Im a Mai guy just for the jiggles and that is stupid so yeah They should use A more covered up costume so people dont say things like that. Just like if you like the Character for their Personality or Moveset backstory Ect. Then you like the character.

MetaDork

Smash Rookie
When NessAtc. Mentioned Mais arcade ending on Real bout Fatal Fury 2 It is funny just that nobody Knew that andy had a wig.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I find hard to think they would integrate the team mechanic from KoF games for Terry. I mean, I have no problem with that, I would love that and it would be super cool. But if that was the case I think we should knew it at this point. I think if Terry has a tag team mechanic Sakurai would at least tease it in some way in the reveal trailer.
Yeah, Mai didn't appear and that was a bit strange, but I thought maybe Mai didn't show up for his provocative design? Maybe it's a stupid reason but I don't know.

What I can see is Mai (or other characters) appearing in some moves of Terry, but I wouldn't bet on that. I personally would choose Kyo instead of Athena if we're gonna get a trio, btw.

If I'm wrong I'd be the first one to be happy about it haha.

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
I find hard to think they would integrate the team mechanic from KoF games for Terry. I mean, I have no problem with that, I would love that and it would be super cool. But if that was the case I think we should knew it at this point. I think if Terry has a tag team mechanic Sakurai would at least tease it in some way in the reveal trailer.
Yeah, Mai didn't appear and that was a bit strange, but I thought maybe Mai didn't show up for his provocative design? Maybe it's a stupid reason but I don't know.

What I can see is Mai (or other characters) appearing in some moves of Terry, but I wouldn't bet on that. I personally would choose Kyo instead of Athena if we're gonna get a trio, btw.

If I'm wrong I'd be the first one to be happy about it haha.
I could very well see a team mechanic being something that Sakurai would implement; it would be nice to have another character that has a style reflective of Pokemon Trainer's.

It would pay homage to the KoF games and distinguish Terry from the Shotos. I also thought it was weird how neither Mai nor Atheena appeared in Terry's trailer since they have a big impact in SNK and are fan favorites. Perhaps the tag team could feature an assist option along with down+b to switch out characters. There's a slim chance that they could be part of his tag team if they decide to such a system, but time will tell.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I agree. a trio mechanic would be amazing. Maybe it's a hot take but, I'd rather get only Terry if he's gonna get a good and polished moveset. Nothing against other SNK character of course, but I mean: three characters would be a lot of work for the time they have between DLC fighter and DLC fighter, so I fear the possibility of an uninspired moveset and mediocre implementation of the characters and their abilities if they go this way due to time constraints.
Maybe Sakurai and his team can pull off three characters and a trio mechanic with the time they have, but I think it's difficult.

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
I agree. a trio mechanic would be amazing. Maybe it's a hot take but, I'd rather get only Terry if he's gonna get a good and polished moveset. Nothing against other SNK character of course, but I mean: three characters would be a lot of work for the time they have between DLC fighter and DLC fighter, so I fear the possibility of an uninspired move-set and mediocre implementation of the characters and their abilities if they go this way due to time constraints.
Maybe Sakurai and his team can pull off three characters and a trio mechanic with the time they have, but I think it's difficult.
I don't blame you at all, man. I think a polished up Terry would be good enough, and that actually could happen. But the showcase was filmed two days after Hero was released, so that time-frame could have given them enough time to make two other characters to fit with Terry.

I'm doing a bit of reaching here, but if you take a look at Terry's positioning on the banner, it looks like there's enough space to fit at least one or two more characters.

Even his render doesn't seem complete; it looks like their could be others accompanying him just like with PT.

I wouldn't put too much hope into it, but it could definitely work. It would give us the opportunity to see another PT-styled character in action and would differentiate him from the street fighter characters (and other DLC's for that matter).

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I can see 1 or 2 characters where Terry is in the banner. The render, while I would say that I think that the pose is a bit strange (at least to me), I don't think he feels 'incomplete' there.

I hope I'm wrong hey, 3 characters would be ****in' amazing, but I honestly don't think Mai would be one of the 2 surprise characters, mostly for his design, and yeah Sakurai could change his design but I think that the changes wouldn't be little like Bayonetta.
My ideal team would be Terry, Mai and Kyo I think. If we get some sort of team mechanic I feel Kyo must be in, I mean, he's the main character of King of Fighters and the mechanic we're talking about comes from these games. Also I think Kyo deserves to be in a crossover.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I want to post this image because i find it both interesting & funny.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
If you think the extra long time for Terry's presentation doesn't raise your hopes up for Mai, I don't know what will.
It's time for the hype train to start!!

SNEKeater

Smash Master
On the contrary, I'm rather anxious about whether she'll show up as a background cameo, spirit, Mii costume, or all three at the same time.
She should appear at the stage if Sakurai put multiple characters in there.
As a spirit, I think she should be one of these but maybe her design is a problem. Being in the background and with a soft redesign wouldn't be complicated, I think.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Mai officially deconfirmed by Sakurai himself.

I don't have sound right now but he supposedly said Mai would be too inappropriate to have even as a cameo character. I can see what he means though it's still weird since we have Bayonetta.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Mai officially deconfirmed by Sakurai himself.

I don't have sound right now but he supposedly said Mai would be too inappropriate to have even as a cameo character. I can see what he means though it's still weird since we have Bayonetta.
I guess her usual attire is too iconic and censoring it would be a major far cry.

Ah well.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Bayonetta is in the game but I think she and Mai are very different cases. Bayonetta's body is covered all the time, and thanks to his design is easier to work with her. Mai, well, is more complicated, but I think she could made it as a spirit.

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Well, that kinda sucks, but with all the SNK love I can't complain much. Still woud've liked a spirit or assist trophy.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sorry to hear the bad news guys, I was kind of rooting for her if we got another King of Fighters rep. RIP Mai and her sexy booty.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
The artists have gotten to work.

Last edited:

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
Memes aside, Mai is getting so much notoriety from Sakurai's comment today that I see her being a popular request for the next Smash.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
inb4 Mai is actually post pass and this was all just a prank

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Sorry to hear the news for you guys, if Ultimate was Rated T like Brawl... maybe she would've gotten in as a cameo or even a spirit. I wish you guys luck in the future.

Though it is a shame, since... every girl has breasts and there's nothing inherently sexual about them. Girls with big bust sizes can't exactly help that they have em... also its weird since while Bayo obviously isn't as big in that department, she still does expose a lot of skin when using her smash attacks.

Also Shulk can literally just fight in his underwear. Hypocritical gender viewings am I right?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am not surprised at all. Sorry thirsty boys and girls. Smash is a game for good boys and girls of all ages.

But I’m more sorry for the Mai fans who like her as a fighting game character. It sucks that she won’t be getting in even as a spirit. Even Tharja got in a spirit even if it only showed her head.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
I'd be lying if I say that I ever thought Mai had a chance to get in Smash as a fighter. However, I never expected Sakurai absolutely obliterating her as a character, denying her appearance as a cameo, mii costume or spirit. You all have my condolences. Here's a little something for you guys.
It's not much, but better than nothing, I suppose.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
If nothing else, she should have been able to get a spirit utilizing her Gals' Fighters art.
ESRB != CERO, granted, but it did get an ESRB 'E' rating, and I can't imagine them being that much more anal about something with that particular aesthetic.

Might stick out like a sore thumb, but it would also be a tip of the hat to that game, which would be neat.

link2702

Smash Champion
Shame and kinda feel sorry for y’all, but sakurai does have a bit of a point. Mai’s umm...”features” are swaying so blatantly in players faces in her games, and are at this point kinda an iconic part of her, that there’s no way sakurai could tone her down enough to be smash friendly and still keep her iconic status.

I mean bayo was pushing it, and I still feel she was neutered a bit too much just to stay smash friendly while still feeling like Bayonetta, but bayo’s body is “mostly covered” in her games except during some moves.

But hey, maybe some day. Maybe sakurai will feel he made a big enough compromise to her design that she makes some kinda appearance even if just a cameo.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I don't really know a lot about the series, but I wanna pay my respects here. From what I can gather, she's certainly iconic enough for a spirit. Heck, since they're just simple images, there isn't a lot about her... iconic features, that have to be toned down. It'd be a still image.

Sorry lot. :(

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Now that Mai was essentially deconfirmed I think we can establish that Smash does want to maintain a steady age rating even via DLC. And Morrigan is in quite a similar place to Mai so she may as well be out of the running too.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Well i guess now i can stop hoping for any chances for Mai being in Smash after that announcement because of it that dream of her being in is now forever crushed. She`s one of the most iconic video game characters & they didn`t even put her in as a Spirit.

I`m so hurt by this that i`m actually sobbing right now & i never felt this way about a video game character before but Mai really has touched me now....i just need time to reflect on my feelings.:crying::crying::crying:

Last edited:
Top Bottom