• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNK Character Rep For Smash

What SNK Character do you want Playable in Super Smash Bros Ultimate

• Terry Bogard

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • Kyo Kusanagi

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Iori Yagami

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Athena Asamiya

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Mai Shiranui

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Geese Howard

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Haohmaru

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nakoruru

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • Marco Rossi(Metal Slug)

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Kim Kaphwan

• Other

• Total voters

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman

SNK has a a lot of great characters that could be Playable in Super Smash Bros
What is SNK:
SNK is a Japanese Video Game Company that created the Neo Geo video game console and many video game franchises like King Of Fighters,Samurai Shodown,and Metal Slug
Character Options:
Terry Bogard
Kyo
Iori
Athena
Mai
Geese Howard
Haohmaru
Nakoruru
Marco Rossi
What SNK Character would like to be Playable in Smash
My vote is for Terry Bogard since he can play different from Ryu
But i also would Tizoc/King Of Dinosaurs,Benimaru,Kula Diamond,Oswald,Billy Kane,Jyazu,Mudman,Tam Tam,Siegar,and Akari(Last Blade)

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Terry and Kyo should have priority over the rest but afterwards I'll gladly take Iori, Mai, or Geese.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
People who really want an iaido character, like a lot of Lyndis fans, should check out Ukyo from Samurai Shodown. He's a lot more iaido than she is.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
I choose Terry because is the mascot and Nakoruru because is popular, the mascot of SNK's social action programs for children and nature awareness campaigns and i like her

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I voted for Marco as long as we get Eri, Tarma and Fio as alt costumes. Their designs can be stylized and proportioned the way their in game spirites are. That way the height of each character wouldn't be an obstacle for Sakurai if he were to make Tarma, Eri and Fio Alt costumes for Marco.

Or if Eri was an echo of Marco then Fio can be her alt, and Tarma can be Marco's alt.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Terry Bogard, Kyo Kusanagi, Athena Asamiya, Mai Shiranui, and Geese Howard would all be really good picks. :)

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'm just gonna post this here since no one has bumped the Kyo thread:

Of all possible "main" SNK characters, there are very few who didn't cross over with other current fighting franchises yet. The most notable ones are Kyo and Nakoruru. The latter would be perfect for a Soulcalibur appearance, since she uses blades and all. If that ends up happening, then Kyo's absence from crossovers (especially with Iori being in Square Enix's fighting game) will look really weird...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Ah, also... one thing to keep in mind: with most of those picks, we would only see (from what we know as of now) Spirits from the same franchise. Marco would only bring Metal Slug, Terry would come with characters from Fatal Fury and so on.

However, with Kyo specifically, there is a chance that he would bring characters from other SNK games, as they are also technically KOF characters as well.

The thought seems interesting, so I wanted to share.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ah, also... one thing to keep in mind: with most of those picks, we would only see (from what we know as of now) Spirits from the same franchise. Marco would only bring Metal Slug, Terry would come with characters from Fatal Fury and so on.

However, with Kyo specifically, there is a chance that he would bring characters from other SNK games, as they are also technically KOF characters as well.

The thought seems interesting, so I wanted to share.
Technically, Marco could also come with Ikari Warriors spirits, since Ralf and Clark showed up in both MS and IW. Good point otherwise.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Technically, Marco could also come with Ikari Warriors spirits, since Ralf and Clark showed up in both MS and IW. Good point otherwise.
Interestingly enough, the deciding factor in all of that (for our speculation, I mean) could be Banjo, because of the datamined franchise categories of Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini. If Banjo indeed comes with other Rare Spirits, that opens a huge door for SNK if they get a character in.

So far we have Joker, whose Spirits are all from P5 (there's Igor, but... eh) and Hero, whom we know, because of his alts, will come with at least 3 Spirits that aren't from DQXI. With that in mind, we have to wait for Banjo.

Of course, license pricing and the company's disposition to negotiate are still factors, but considering that this is the same company that just got its... fourth or so cameo in little over a year, I think only the former matters.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I sort of like the idea of Marco/Tarma/Eri/Fio in one slot, and having the tank either as a FS, or as something you can switch in and out of. Although that's also kind of like the idea I usually think of for Blaster Master. Terry should probably get first dibs, though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I sort of like the idea of Marco/Tarma/Eri/Fio in one slot, and having the tank either as a FS, or as something you can switch in and out of. Although that's also kind of like the idea I usually think of for Blaster Master. Terry should probably get first dibs, though.
I like to think of SOPHIA being used as an improved Landmaster.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
One possibility for a Metal Slug rep's normals would be to use not only the pistol, but a combination of the melee attacks from the series, even those that are character exclusive (the Stun Gun, Punching Glove, Vulcan Punch, etc).

I personally see the other ranged weapons (HMG, Missiles, grenades) as specials more than normals, but that's just me.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Hey, people, what sort of mechanics from each game would you like to see in a character from a SNK game?

The ones that come to my mind are some sort of ammo/pickup mechanic for Marco or another Metal Slug character and something similar to Max Mode/Hyper Drive for Kyo.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If the female fighter rumor/leak is true I can see it being Nakoruru. One of SNK's two most popular gals alongside Mai Shiranui and an "Out There"/"You Didn't See That Coming" pick Sakurai could pull off as he did with:ultjoker:

Mai fits that bill too but she'd have to be censored as:ultbayonetta::ultcorrinf:and:ultpalutena:were.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If the female fighter rumor/leak is true I can see it being Nakoruru. One of SNK's two most popular gals alongside Mai Shiranui and an "Out There"/"You Didn't See That Coming" pick Sakurai could pull off as he did with:ultjoker:

Mai fits that bill too but she'd have to be censored as:ultbayonetta::ultcorrinf:and:ultpalutena:were.
People were speculating a lot about that a few days ago, but no one was able to come up with a straight answer. Plus, I think that leaker never said anything else past that, so we're in the dark for the most part.

KillerCage

Smash Master
If we were to get a SNK character, I think Mai Shiranui would be the best choice (that is my vote). Aside from being an iconic character alongside Terry and Gesse, I think she has great moveset potential thanks to her *AHEM* fans. If they can censor Bayonetta without altering her character, I sure Mai will be fine if she gets in.

D

Deleted member

Load Ran from Twinkle Star Sprites, an SNK Shmup game franchise, is my pick for an SNK representative.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Load Ran from Twinkle Star Sprites, an SNK Shmup game franchise, is my pick for an SNK representative.
Interesting choice - I think you're the first I've seen nominate them. Could she bring any specific mechanic?

One thing has been on my mind lately - if we do get a character from SNK, do you guys think we're getting other SNK characters in the background of whatever stage comes with them? I mean a la Neo Geo World and some other stages in KOF 2002.

Last edited:

ChaosAngelZone

Smash Cadet
I'm admittedly not too familiar with SNK, but from what I could tell, Terry always seemed like the "face" of King of Fighters in the same way that Ryu is for Street Fighter, so I feel like if an SNK character got in Smash, it would be him.

I'd love Terry in Smash though, personally. I'd spam "Power Wave!" and annoy my friends, just like I do when I play KoF.

D

Deleted member

Interesting choice - I think you're the first I've seen nominate them. Could she bring any specific mechanic?

One thing has been on my mind lately - if we do get a character from SNK, do you guys think we're getting other SNK characters in the background of whatever stage comes with them? I mean a la Neo Geo World and some other stages in KOF 2002.
Well, Load Ran is a mage. She can use hand-to-hand combat for neutral attacks, tilts, and smashes. Her aerials involve around shooting while in mid air. Her specials canhave her use her wand to cast magic, damaging opponents who got hit by the effect.

For her final smash, Load Ran can trap everyone regardless of range, flies on her broom, and the game changes to a 30 second gameplay of Twinkle Star Sprites. During this session, you must shoot the enemies to build up your power. When the time expires, Load Ran charges a Giant Laser effect, shoots it at the opponents she trapped, and instantly killing them off with a Blasted K.O.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It's never going to happen but Rock Howard would be awesome to see in Smash.

ze9

Smash Ace
I need Metal Slug in my veins like about right now.

slambros

Smash Ace
I just a thread for Haohmaru... not sure if someone's already made one. But the prospect of an SNK rep, to me, is fascinating no matter who it turns out to be.

:131:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
As much as Hayabusa woulda been rad, SNK getting a spot is, frankly, even better IMO. I love having more fighting game characters in Smash (Ryu/Ken were such a fun addition, especially keeping mechanics true to their own series) that I'd love to see what they could do with a character from KOF or SamSho. However, Metal Slug getting a rep would also be quite amazing for a series that feels lost to time outside of constant re-releases but no real new installment. SNK is classic arcade and most definitely should have a spot on the Smash line up. I don't even care who the pick is. SNK rep is great.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if I had to put money on it, I'd say Terry is the most likely but there are a lot of characters to chose from given that King of Fighters was Smash before Smash.

Athena, Mia, Metal Slug characters, Rugal, Geese Howard or the ones they put front and centre on modern KOF games that I can not remember the names of.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
I have never played a SNK game but I would prefer a character from not a fighting game.

Top Bottom