• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sneaky Sakurai - Blues Clues!

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
This is a hunt!

If you love finding clues this is for you! As you all know Sakurai is a very sneaky fellow, teasing us with hints to the next few reveals.

This thread is about looking into the direct, things Sakurai post on twitter and anything you think hints to the next reveal!

Sakurai must have hidden some clues in the lastest direct!

I thought this would be a fun discussion, so please join in!

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
i dunno, people gotta be careful with hunting for "clues", because a lot of the time, they're nothing, and people end up disappointing themselves.

i mean, we already have people convinced waluigi will be revealed as playable because of the purple and yellow chairs in the direct... seemingly having forgotten the fact he was already shown as an assist trophy.

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
i dunno, people gotta be careful with hunting for "clues", because a lot of the time, they're nothing, and people end up disappointing themselves.

i mean, we already have people convinced waluigi will be revealed as playable because of the purple and yellow chairs in the direct... seemingly having forgotten the fact he was already shown as an assist trophy.
Yeah, I know but this is only for fun!

Get people's brains going!

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
I do think the chairs mean something, but not Waluigi. Those chairs are really oddly placed.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
So after the Direct I've gotten a bit of a conspiracy theory on the roster banner on the main website (No its not Mr. Saturn). When I saw them added to the banner I thought to myself "were those gaps there originally?". Well I think they were added in but looking at it now and with much overthinking I'm seeing some interesting quirks there.

1. Most characters are either facing the camera or is interacting/imitating with one or more characters. Dark Pit and Falco, Mewtwo and Lucas, DK and Kirby, etc. Some characters are doing both like Little Mac and Ike have the same pose and King K. Rool and Bowser have similar poses.

2. Nearly every character is either overlapping or being overlapping one or multiple characters or they are way in the background (Luigi, Diddy Kong, Mii Gunner).

With that in mind I notice some exceptions.

1. Dark Samus is rather open. With only a little bit of her arm covered by Shulk she is pretty open compared to the rest of the cast.
2. Another gap is Mr. Game and Watch. As he doesn't cover anybody and there is large gap behind him.
3. Daisy looks like she's striking a pose at someone but its not clear who. Possibly Simon but its not really clear.

I'm not sure it means anything and I'm probably overthinking it. If anything I feel like there will be at least 3 new characters added. You could possibly speculate size of these potential character if its true.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I do think the chairs mean something, but not Waluigi. Those chairs are really oddly placed.
Saw this video stating the chair as well as pillows in the direct could be hints at skull kid, interesting idea and I would really like to see Skull Kid playable but I personally am not buying it, just seems like too much of a stretch to me but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So after the Direct I've gotten a bit of a conspiracy theory on the roster banner on the main website (No its not Mr. Saturn). When I saw them added to the banner I thought to myself "were those gaps there originally?". Well I think they were added in but looking at it now and with much overthinking I'm seeing some interesting quirks there.

1. Most characters are either facing the camera or is interacting/imitating with one or more characters. Dark Pit and Falco, Mewtwo and Lucas, DK and Kirby, etc. Some characters are doing both like Little Mac and Ike have the same pose and King K. Rool and Bowser have similar poses.

2. Nearly every character is either overlapping or being overlapping one or multiple characters or they are way in the background (Luigi, Diddy Kong, Mii Gunner).

With that in mind I notice some exceptions.

1. Dark Samus is rather open. With only a little bit of her arm covered by Shulk she is pretty open compared to the rest of the cast.
2. Another gap is Mr. Game and Watch. As he doesn't cover anybody and there is large gap behind him.
3. Daisy looks like she's striking a pose at someone but its not clear who. Possibly Simon but its not really clear.

I'm not sure it means anything and I'm probably overthinking it. If anything I feel like there will be at least 3 new characters added. You could possibly speculate size of these potential character if its true.
With the way newcomers have been showcased last time, giving us 5 total newcomers in one Direct, I think there's far more coming than 3 newcomers. Especially with Echoes considered.

I do notice however that this time, a lot of characters got "promoted" from their last appearance.

Ridley - Used to be a boss fight only, and a major obstacle in Pyrosphere
Daisy - Used to be Peach's alt ever since Melee
Chrom - Downright confirmed when Robin and Lucina where shown first, and part of Robin's Final Smash
Dark Samus - Assist Trophy in Smash 4, much like Little Mac was one in Brawl, first ever promotion from AT character ever since Mac.
King K.Rool - Used to have a DLC Mii Costume based on him
Inkling - Same as King K.Rool

That's ironically EVERY newcomer outside of the Belmonts.

Pretty crazy.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
With the way newcomers have been showcased last time, giving us 5 total newcomers in one Direct, I think there's far more coming than 3 newcomers. Especially with Echoes considered.

I do notice however that this time, a lot of characters got "promoted" from their last appearance.

Ridley - Used to be a boss fight only, and a major obstacle in Pyrosphere
Daisy - Used to be Peach's alt ever since Melee
Chrom - Downright confirmed when Robin and Lucina where shown first, and part of Robin's Final Smash
Dark Samus - Assist Trophy in Smash 4, much like Little Mac was one in Brawl, first ever promotion from AT character ever since Mac.
King K.Rool - Used to have a DLC Mii Costume based on him
Inkling - Same as King K.Rool

That's ironically EVERY newcomer outside of the Belmonts.

Pretty crazy.
It maybe the fact that the Belmonts are the only 3rd party that have been announced so far. The rest are first party.

Going with that logic there is a lot of possible characters like Geno, Toad, Isabelle, and Viridi. Though just as many Mii costumes have been turn into AT's, stage hazards, or FS support. Dunban, Flying Man, Zero, Knuckles, etc.. So I think its a good indicator but not a 100%.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Here's what I think.

1. Since all the stages have been shown in the Nintendo Direct 8.8.18, it would seem that any additional character will be from a series that's already in SSBU.
  2. Characters with a pre-set model who aren't assist trophies or had their color palette removed include: Alph, Black Shadow, Ken, Ninten, Octoling, and Shadow.

Xpinkbean

Smash Apprentice
Here's what I think.

1. Since all the stages have been shown in the Nintendo Direct 8.8.18, it would seem that any additional character will be from a series that's already in SSBU.
  2. Characters with a pre-set model who aren't assist trophies or had their color palette removed include: Alph, Black Shadow, Ken, Ninten, Octoling, and Shadow.
yeah, but there's a huge gap at the bottom of the stage selection screen, this obviously inst all the stages

Crystanium

Smash Hero
yeah, but there's a huge gap at the bottom of the stage selection screen, this obviously inst all the stages
Sure, there's potential for DLC, but given that all the characters will be announced before the game is released, it's kind of difficult to agree with you here. So, "obviously" wouldn't be the proper word.

Top Bottom