• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape to the Surface, Octolings for Smash + splatoon 3 discussion

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt it's one Splatoon per console, considering Nintendo wants the Switch lifespan to last longer than normal. It's not Mario Kart, or Smash.

Last edited:

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
Regardless, it's never too early to get ideas out there. I don't want there to be a full page of debate on this.

The Splatoon series still has yet to have a dedicated spinoff game. If we can't get another Splatoon game until the next console, then we'd have to wait about a decade before Splatoon 3.

At the time of editing this post, we're only one week away before the launch of Smash.

Last edited:

SilverBrick

Smash Rookie
Edit: I made my own thread about this, but it was moved here. Just bear that in mind as you read.

Obviously Octolings won't get in, right? They'd just be a Echo fighter and Sakurai said no Echo fighters!

Well duh. Give them different weapons.

I think Octolings in Smash would have a completely different kit to Inklings, with the only real similarities being their ink mechanics, Up Specials, and (possibly) their physics, although different physics could be explained by the Octolings running different abilities on their gear.

Given their quiet, tech-savvy nature, I'd say they'd use more technical weapons than Inklings, and be more long-ranged at the cost of speed. They'd have a faster walk speed, but a slower sprint/swim speed.

I also think the Octolings would predominantly use weapons that originate in Splatoon 2, and were available since early on in that game, so no Bloblobber or Fizzy Bombs.

So.

(Note: all weapons that use ink both cover the enemy with ink, and require ink to use. I don't want to go into detail on that.)

Specials:

Neutral: Goo Tuber. Charges like Link's arrows but a fair amount slower, fires instantly once released. Range increases as it charges. During charge, the Octoling can walk around freely with decreased movement speed. Once fully charged, the Octoling can swim (sprint) for short periods of time without the charge depleting. Can kill at high percents and deals lots of damage.

Side: Flingza Roller. On the ground, deals a fair amount of damage on the initial attack, then functions as the Inkling's roller but doesn't bury. In the air, has massive startup lag but goes far, has horizontal knockback and deals a fair amount of damage at a distance (and a lot of damage up close). Great for gimping.

Up: Super Jump. Takes longer to come out, but goes higher and possibly has a larger hitbox/more damage than the Inkling version.

Down: Dualies. Acts as a counter; Octoling rolls away to avoid the hit, then fires multiple high-damage shots.

Smashes:

Side: Octobrush. More damage, more ending lag.

Up: Clash Blaster. Fires three quick shots with a wider spread, but each shot does less damage and the final one does less knockback.

Down: Curling Bomb. Slides forwards once released. The longer the smash is held, the shorter the distance it slides and the bigger the explosion.

Final Smash: Ink Storm. Dropped on the floor and moves slowly in the direction that the Octoling was facing when dropped, dealing constant, heavy damage and covering enemies with ink.

Most of the remaining moves would just be based on their attitude just like the Inkling, but here's a few I can think of to be based off weapons:

Up Aerial: Brella. Opens a Brella to attack upwards and float down slower, just like in the Brella's victory pose.

Side/Down Aerials: Brella. Keeps the Brella closed and uses it to increase attack range. Slower than Inkling's attacks.

Last edited:

SilverBrick

Smash Rookie
Hate to say it but this is fake af. It looks way too much like fanart.

Octolings have a much more compressed head than that, their head is further forwards, their expressions are neutral in almost all official art, their breasts are not that defined, their outfit is entirely shoulderless on one side whereas the image clearly has a shoulder, the ring markings on their hair are more defined, and one of their ears doesn’t have a visible inner-ear. Plus their official eye color is orange.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hate to say it but this is fake af. It looks way too much like fanart.

Octolings have a much more compressed head than that, their head is further forwards, their expressions are neutral in almost all official art, their breasts are not that defined, their outfit is entirely shoulderless on one side whereas the image clearly has a shoulder, the ring markings on their hair are more defined, and one of their ears doesn’t have a visible inner-ear. Plus their official eye color is orange.
Well yeah that was pretty much a given, with that post being from September and all.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If there is anyone that wants to take over the support thread of this character, please let me know.

I am planning my departure from the speculation scene for good in pursuit of accomplishing my dream job and goal.

I am leaving sometime in late March or early April.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If there is anyone that wants to take over the support thread of this character, please let me know.

I am planning my departure from the speculation scene for good in pursuit of accomplishing my dream job and goal.

I am leaving sometime in late March or early April.
ill offer for this one as well

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Count me in for support. I’d love to see Octolings as individual DLC like PP if not as part of the pass, been wanting them actively ever since beating Octo Expansion and the Splatocalypse (Team Chaos won thanks to my little Veemo~!)

It’s a bit of a stretch too but having Marina as an Alph/Koopalings/Solo/Arusu/Eight style alt would be dope too, though it would be weird that Inkling doesn’t have a Pearl alt i just prefer Off The Hook over the Squid Sisters

Also they NEED to come with Fly Octo Fly as a new Splatoon music track, I’m sad that wasn’t in base

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Count me in for support. I’d love to see Octolings as individual DLC like PP if not as part of the pass, been wanting them actively ever since beating Octo Expansion and the Splatocalypse (Team Chaos won thanks to my little Veemo~!)

It’s a bit of a stretch too but having Marina as an Alph/Koopalings/Solo/Arusu/Eight style alt would be dope too, though it would be weird that Inkling doesn’t have a Pearl alt i just prefer Off The Hook over the Squid Sisters

Also they NEED to come with Fly Octo Fly as a new Splatoon music track, I’m sad that wasn’t in base
want on our supporters list?

GDAKA

Smash Rookie
fixed this. check the post below!​

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What do y’all think of this if Octoling were a pass fighter or otherwise a pack-like deal:
Character: Octoling
Appearances: default (female; pinkish-purple), peach color (male), Wizard Burgundy (female), Knight Greenish-Grey (male), Narwhal Lilac (female), Unicorn Periwinkle (male), Chaos Gold (female), Order Silver (male). Aside from default female/male which are colors seen in Octo Expansion, the rest of their colors are based on Splatoon 2 Splatfests.
Stage: MC.Princess Diaries
Spirits: Sanitized Octarian, Off The Hook (Octo Expansion), Princess Cannon, Agent 3 (Tartar-fied), Telephone (evolves into Commander Tartar), Sanitized Octoling, NILS Statue, and just for the heck of it, DJ Octavio feat. Callie (I forgot what the actual mech is called but that Spirit isn’t in base)
Music: Nasty Majesty, Salty, Shade, Frisk, Crush, Party, Shark Bytes, Thirsty, Splattack (Octo), Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb and Flow (Octo), Tidal Rush, Spicy Calamari Inkantation

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'd like to see them in Smash too! Here's my moveset for them.

"Why not just make them costumes of the Inklings?"

The Inklings in Smash only represent the weapon types and specials seen in Splatoon 1. In Splatoon 2, several new weapon types & abilities were introduced - more than enough source material to create an entirely new fighter to represent the Splatoon franchise.

Due to time constraints, Splatoon 2 doesn't really have much of a presence in Smash Ultimate barring a few songs and a couple of spirits. But the series is incredibly popular in Japan and has a huge fanbase in the West, too. It's the 6th best selling Switch game of all time (Selling 9.02 million units!), right behind Breath of the Wild and Pokémon: Let's Go. In my opinion, this vast popularity should net the series stronger representation.

"Who are the Octolings?"

In contrast to the pampered lifestyle of the Inklings, the Octolings were once brainwashed fighters in the Octarian military. But when they heard the Calamari Inkantation, it nullified the brainwashing effect, freeing their souls. Most (but not all) of them escaped to Inkling society in Inkopolis afterwards, hoping to start anew.

The Octolings pictured above are 'Agent 8' (with two possible gender choices). After being freed from the Octarian military by the Calamari Inkantation, he/she met & fought the protagonist of Splatoon 1 (The yellow Inkling skin in Smash). However, an unknown force attacked both of them and they were knocked into the Deepsea Metro. Losing their memories in the process, Agent 8 proceeded to embark on a journey for freedom once again.

Generally, the Octolings are far smarter than the Inklings - evidenced by their technological superiority in their weaponry & stages, but the Inklings are biologically stronger.

Moveset potential of the Octolings:

With all of the new weapon & special additions in Splatoon 2, the Octolings have some of the largest moveset potential of any newcomer - here are the weapons Nintendo could choose from.

Dualies:

Dualies are a set of pistols that allow the user to perform a dodge roll, allowing for both offensive and defensive maneuvers. The roll does not provide them with invincibility in-game, but it has an extremely short cooldown period and it doesn't get weaker over time. If these were implemented in the Octoling's moveset, they would most likely have a shorter roll that doesn't stale, in addition to shooting like the Inkling's splattershot.

Brellas:

Brellas function like shotguns, but with a deployable shield. Holding the fire button will open the umbrella in front of the wielder, protecting them from all attacks in the direction they're facing. If the player continues to hold the fire button, the umbrella separates from the weapon and flies forward - becoming a moving shield for the wielder (which also deals a small amount of damage to an enemy upon contact). It takes a brief period of time for the umbrella to regenerate, but the player isn't left defenseless - they can continue to fire the shotgun whilst they wait for the umbrella to come back. I believe this would function similarly in Smash, but with the shotgun blast dealing a fair amount of knockback (Like an Ivysaur forward tilt) with a relatively short range.

Chargers:

Though Chargers are present in Splatoon 1, they still have no presence in Smash - which is why I think the Splatoon 2 exclusive Goo Tuber, could be used to represent this weapon type. It would add an interesting dynamic never seen in Smash before (being sniper rifles) and would allow for several creative plays. Unlike most sniper rifles/chargers in Splatoon, the Goo Tuber can hold its' full "snipe" charge for 5 seconds. It takes a while to charge and consumes a lot of ink. This would function almost identically in Smash, with a full charge possibly consuming over half an ink tank but dealing great knockback with a colossal range.

Curling Bombs:

The Curling Bombs, being an alternative to the Splat Bombs in Splatoon 2, would travel in a straight line across the floor when deployed - leaving a trail of ink and bouncing off any obstacle it encounters. The more the bomb is charged, the shorter the travel distance of the curling bomb. In Smash, I believe this would function identically in Smash.[/SPOILER]

Autobombs:

The Curling Bombs, being another alternative to the Splat Bombs in Splatoon 2, would seek out enemy players once thrown, and move towards them for a long time. Once it reaches a player, or travels far enough without reaching the player, it explodes. If it's thrown and no enemies are in its' range, it explodes just like a splat bomb. In Smash, I believe that this bomb would function similarly - though unlike Bowser Jr.'s down special, you would be unable to pick up the bomb once it's deployed and you would sustain self-damage form it. To compensate, it could be a devastating kill move.

These next few weapons are 'specials' in Splatoon - charged by dealing damage and spreading ink across the stage. When you die in Splatoon, your special charge is cut considerably. I believe that a special meter could be added into the Octoling's moveset, giving them access to these moves:

Tenta Missiles:

In Splatoon 2, these lock onto five opponents using a very large reticle and fire a certain amount of missiles per opponent locked onto. The more opponents locked onto, the less missiles sent to each target - and the enemy has a fair amount of time to react to them. However, they're still deadly and can kill instantly in Splatoon 2 if you don't react in time. In Smash, these would most likely deal a large amount of damage/knockback if successful, but landing the shots would be the main challenge.

Splashdown:

In Splatoon 2, using this special makes the player perform a large jump (though they're susceptible to attacks during this animation) followed by a strike to the ground, causing an ink explosion around them. Using it from the air gives the player a chance to hasten the animation by skipping the jump. Being in the radius of this explosion in Splatoon 2 splats you instantly. In Smash, this could function similarly to Magic Burst, but with a much smaller radius, and slightly less knockback. It'd also deal a single hit of damage in contrast to the multiple hits of Hero's Magic Burst.

Inkjet:

This gives the user an ink-propelled jetpack that leaves a trail of ink, and a blaster holding 6 shots (with a slow firerate but huge damage). The trail of ink leaving the jet's exhaust can also deal damage to enemy players. When the special ends in Splatoon 2, the user performs a large jump - with their destination being marked by a reticle. This would function identically in Smash.

Bubble Blower:

This special gives the user the ability to fire 3 large bubbles, which slowly move & bounce in the direction the player fired them. They grow when attacked by your team, and shrink when attacked by the enemy team. If they grow large enough, they explode dealing lethal damage to the surrounding enemies. This would allow for some unique kill setups in Smash with the Octolings.

Music, stages, skins, taunts, assist trophies and other miscellaneous things that could be included with this pack:
Taunts:

Up Taunt - Octoling takes out a CQ-80 and activates it. A random memcake will appear. The possibilities are Iso Padre, Marina, Pearl or Captain Cuttlefish.
Side Taunt - Octoling takes out a curling bomb and examines it.
Down Taunt - Octoling takes out a CQ card, and "+3000" (green text) appears above their head.

--
Victory theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzRK1ve4oy4

If a match is won without dying once, this theme plays instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRFo7-qIAPA

Victory Screen #1: Octoling is seen holding out a memcake. In team battles, this is the pose used if the Octoling is not the MVP.
Victory Screen #2: Octoling performs the same victory screen seen in the Octo Expansion, though the background is the results screen. When the Octoling boards the Deep Sea Metro, it trails off and the camera is left behind.

--
Skins:
Agent 8 - Default Girl
Agent 8 - Default Boy
Sanitized Octoling Girl
Grizzco Worker Boy
Pearl-based Girl
Marina-based Boy
Forge Outfit Girl (with Golden Toothpick) (Octoling Hairstyle #2)
Toni Kensa Outfit Boy (with Golden Toothpick) (Octoling Hairstyle #2)

Stage:
Ruins of Ark Polaris. A moving stage that transfers between the mainstage & the shoreline. Mr. Grizz will announce what boss will appear next. You may encounter a Flyfish, a Steelhead or a Griller. You can also ride on the rails - they'll work like ice (similiarly to the Summit stage), except you can only jump when you board them.

Music:
Shark Bytes (Remix)
#8 Regret (Remix)
#14 crush (Dedf1sh)
Octarmaments (Turquoise October)
Splattack (Octo) (Dedf1sh)
Nasty Majesty
Ebb & Flow
Fly Octo Fly
--
As well as 2 songs from the base game from Splatoon 2:
Tidal Rush (DJ Octavio feat Callie vs. Marie)
The Girl From Inkopolis (Turquoise October)

Overall, I feel that the Octolings could provide Smash with a completely unique fighting style that would definitely see a large playerbase because of the size of the Splatoon fanbase. This thread is still under construction, so I'll fix some of the formatting later!
why put a who are the octolings section in a octoling support thread

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
why put a who are the octolings section in a octoling support thread
GDAKA originally posted this as its own thread, and I merged the two together. I could have edited out that section, but I figured that they put a lot of effort into this post, so I didn't want any of that to go to waste.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
GDAKA originally posted this as its own thread, and I merged the two together. I could have edited out that section, but I figured that they put a lot of effort into this post, so I didn't want any of that to go to waste.
ah of course

GDAKA

Smash Rookie
Yup, ty for that. I'll fix the introductions on the post later - but thanks for keeping it up!

Last edited:

GDAKA

Smash Rookie
THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD

WE CAN STILL GET IN!!! Fighters Pass 2 just got confirmed.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, made a discovery this morning
Hey um

Dystify Music’s Splatoon 2 OST has been blocked by Nintendo on Copyright grounds???

WE GETTING OCTOLING FOR SMASH WITH NEW SPLATOON 2/OCTO EXPANSION MUSIC Y’ALL

...I wish...
In particular, the following tracks are blocked by Nintendo:
  • Tidal Rush
  • Bomb Rush Blush (feat. DJ Octavio)
  • Spicy Calamari Inkantation
  • Nasty Majesty
  • Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb & Flow (Octo)
Surprising lack of Splattack (Octo) in that list but the fact those FIVE tracks were blocked... hmmm...
I am aware Dystify has had music taken down before (Salty from Octo Expansion) but they have since not reuploaded that track either

GDAKA

Smash Rookie

I made an infographic for the potential moveset of the Octolings (with some of the ideas coming from the Octocord). What do you think?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't know how I forgot to give my support to this thread for so long.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
what do y'all think of this hypothetical classic mode I made for Octoling? (also Octoling's trailer would totally have Galeem possessed (light blue aura) fighters to complement Hero's Dharkon possessed fighters (dark red aura) as the blue can also be an analogy for Sanitization)
A LOT of liberties were taken with this one so bear with me

Octoling - Escape from Kamabo Corp

All Smasher enemies have Galeem’s light aura (aquamarine) from World of Light, as a reference to Sanitization

Round 1 - :ultgreninja: :ultsnake: + (another Octoling of the same gender you’re playing; this round is a mix of Fake Plastic Station and House Party Station)
Music: #13 - shade

Round 2 - :ultcorrinf::ultrobinf::ultzelda::ultdaisy::ultlucina::ultzss: :ultbayonetta: (reference to the dreaded Girl Power Station)
Music - #16 - salty

Round 3 - :ultsonic::ultfalcon: (Sonic represents the Octo Oven XXL, don't ask, and CF is Revenge of Octo Samurai)
Music - #5 - thirsty

Round 4 - :ultbowserjr::ultbowser: (Jr. represents Octo Shower Supreme and Bowser is Octostomp Redux)
Music - Nasty Majesty

Round 5 - :ultwolf::ultwario::ultganondorf::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultridley: :ultdarksamus::ultmewtwo: (the eight switches to free the zapfish. fight in waves of 2)
Music - Shark Bytes

Round 6 - Yellow :ultinkling: if playing Male Octoling; Green :ultinklingboy: if playing Female Octoling (meant to be Hijacked Agent 3)
Music - Splattack (Octo)

Round 7 - Bonus Game (Music - The Plan)

Round 8 - Boss

Phase 1 - Galeem. Yes, you read that right. Not Galleom, Galeem straight from WoL (first battle, but on the final stage). No Phantom Fighter summons
Music (Phase 1) - Fly Octo Fly (first 2 mins)

Phase 2 - Dharkon. Has less health and attacks than Galeem. Can be defeated within one minute if possible. Also doesn’t summon Phantom Fighters
Music (Phase 2) - Ebb & Flow (Octo) (final minute of NILS statue battle)

Credits song - Into The Light

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
what do y'all think of this hypothetical classic mode I made for Octoling? (also Octoling's trailer would totally have Galeem possessed (light blue aura) fighters to complement Hero's Dharkon possessed fighters (dark red aura) as the blue can also be an analogy for Sanitization)
i love that you went for octo expansion

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Happy New Years!

There was a problem fetching the tweet
OH MY GOD THERES A HIDDEN MESSAGE.

LOOK IN THE WATER REFLECTION.

S(ave) O(ur) S(almons)

y’all thought final fest was the last big Splatoon update?

Mr. Grizz says SURPRISE *****! BET YOU THOUGHT YOU’D SEEN THE LAST OF ME!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I heard the upcoming Splatoon 2 update is sadly just a balancing update... I HOPE they add the missing final fest music (Shark Bytes, Now or Never Squid Sisters, Now Or Never Off the Hook AND Squid Sisters, Spicy Calamari Inkantation and Ink Me Up) into Private Splatfests

...and a small chance of Fly Octo Fly playing on non-MC Princess Diaries stages why not

but i definitely think a huge update to Salmon Run IS coming

update Jan 16: So Byleth is FP5... while Spring Man’s an AT, Rex is a costume and Officer Howard’s a Spirit, Byleth proves nobody is too new

Octolings might have a shot in the future!!

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
How is it that i just now see this thread? No, seriously.

The Octoling seems to be a pretty obvious choice for an echo-fighter but there is still enough material to work with to make them
more unique. I could see them as a pseudo-clone, kinda like Wolf is to Fox.

In the end i just want them playable in a way (no really i need my Agent 8 as a character).

So Byleth is FP5... while Spring Man’s an AT, Rex is a costume and Officer Howard’s a Spirit, Byleth proves nobody is too new

Pretty much this. I think anyone around the timeframe of 3 Houses (+1 or 2 months) still has a chance as long as they're not assist trophies or
post launch spirits. I think those are definitely out (cries in Astral Chain...)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As promised, here's my new prediction list!
My predictions, in no particular order:
FP2-1: Ryu Hayabusa. There’s a rumor that Byleth was originally gonna be in pass 2 but got expedited to pass 1 cause Hayabusa was leaked. Hayabusa is a common name among insiders while almost NO insiders knew of Byleth.

FP2-2: Neku Sakuraba. The The World Ends With You site went under a surprise maintenance lately. Last time this happened was before Final Remix’s release, and I doubt we’d see a sequel just yet. Nintendo’s Twitter accounts also heavily promoted Final Remix before its release. I also doubt Geno will make the jump from Mii Costume in 4 to playable in Ultimate via DLC. See KOS-MOS’s section for my reasoning.

FP2-3: Elma. First Spirit promotion. Rex was shown as a Mii Costume at the start of Pass 1 and apologized for him not being playable. It could be that ANOTHER Xenoblade character is planned, especially if Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition becomes a thing. Plus, Caitlin Glass’s NDA is STILL unknown. CRAZY STRAW GRASPING - also, Fiora was added to Shulk’s Chain Attack Final Smash despite Chain Attacks in 1 and 2 having only three party members. X, however, has four party members and Overdrive instead of Chain Attack but that’s not important so Fiora breaking the three members only rule may be a reference to X. Again this here is just a stretch but I can see it.

FP2-4: Octoling (Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion). Second Spirit promotion. At the start of the year, something new involving Splatoon 2 was teased months after Final Fest (the SAVE OUR SALMONS thing). Octo Expansion was a huge hit and Splatoon 2 is still played widely today even after Final Fest. A major Splatoon 2 update is also scheduled for April. And despite Rex being a costume, Spring Man an Assist Trophy and Officer Howard from Astral Chain an Event Spirit, Byleth proves there’s no such thing as “too new” for Smash. Octo Expansion came out in 2018, and Inklings can be used as a base for an easy Isabelle style semi-clone if not Echo.

FP2-5: KOS-MOS. She was deconfirmed for the fifth pass character, sure, but the second pass opens up an opportunity. And before you say Heihachi or Lloyd, it’s very unlikely a 4 Costume will be promoted to playable in DLC. So far that’s only happened in base with Inkling, Isabelle (who was also an AT in 4), Chrom, King K. Rool and I think I’m forgetting one more. Maybe not. But my point stands and while a Xenosaga HD Trilogy was deemed financially unfeasible, the interest is very much there. Plus, KOS-MOS appeared in Xenoblade 2 as a Blade alongside Shulk, Fiora and Elma; and in the Project X Zone series with Ryu and Ken (and in 2, Chrom, Lucina and Fiora).

FP2-6: Arle Nadja. Why DID the Puyo Puyo director retweet the 1/16 announcement when Byleth was revealed...? Arle wasn’t even a Mii costume. Unless... Arle will be in Pass 2. Arle was another big name among insiders, and since Lip from Panel de Pon couldn’t be added as playable, Arle may be the next best thing. Plus, Sega has been promoting Puyo Puyo like CRAZY as of late.

AND that's not all - OCTOLING TRAILER CONCEPT BY ME!!

This assumes Ryu Hayabusa, Neku Sakuraba, and Elma (Xenoblade X) have been revealed before in season 2. Elma is the first Spirit promotion, so Octoling would be the second Spirit promotion (Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy).

cross flash

This music starts playing:

Galeem can be seen in the sky as the camera shifts to underwater as Galeem fades into the distance. The camera keeps descending into the sea until you see an area that looks like the Fake Plastic Station in Deepsea Metro. Four characters controlled by Galeem - Mario, Luigi (who yes I know is canonically controlled by Dharkon in WoL; I'm trying to make this a counterpart to Hero's which had Dharkon controlling peeps normally controlled by Galeem, you'll see why Galeem though soon), Female Corrin (see Luigi and it was technically Male Corrin controlled by Dharkon in canon but I digress) and Female Byleth, patrol the outside of some mysterious building as green ink with a weird sanitizer like texture surrounds the ground ahead of them. (Now you see why I chose Galeem and their aura for this - the light blue represents Sanitization.)

Dialogue boxes appear throughout the trailer, with the mentioned characters' Octo Expansion portraits starting with:

Marina: What kind of place is this...?

Pearl: Yo, that light thingy up there is givin' me reeeeeal bad vibes...

Cap'n Cuttlefish: But we can't get outta here long as those guys are patrollin'.

Just then, a stream of peach-colored ink cuts across the green "sanitizer" ink, followed by a purplish-pink stream.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: WHOA!

Pearl: No way... could that be?

The music stops as two moving ripples form on the streams of ink, before:

"Oonay!"

This music starts playing:

A shot of purplish pink ink shoots from a Charger-type weapon and hits the Galeem-controlled Mario, sending him flying. The remaining "guards" turn their attention to the puddles of ink as two Octolings emerge from the ink: a female purplish-pink haired one with a female leather suit, and a male with peach colored hair and a similar suit, as the song reaches 0:10.

Marina: It's Agent 8!!

Title card shows at 0:12:

Octoling Paints The Town Pink!

Pearl: Excuse YOU, their name's Eight!

Gameplay starts as the song resumes, with various Galeem-controlled characters representing "Sanitized" versions of the Smash characters, even again, ones canonically controlled by Dharkon in WoL proper, like Cloud, Wolf, Lucina and Daisy, and actual canon Galeem-controlled Smashers like Captain Falcon, Ness, Bowser, and at one point Inkling with the yellow Agent 3 alt, a throwback to Hijacked Agent 3. Octolings use a variety of weapons the Inklings don't, like Dualies (which they can also use to dodge), Chargers, Umbrellas, and Splatlings, and their Bomb is a Toxic Mist which slows opponents down instead of the standard Splat Bomb. At one point, some DLC characters NOT controlled by Galeem appear, including the DQ8 Hero (pun on both of them being nicknamed Eight), Elma, Hayabusa, and Neku. At one point, the Chaos Gold Female Octoling taunts with a Mii Swordfighter wearing Rex's Outfit, Male Byleth, and the Spring Man AT (Switch fam represent). Other alts are shown: Order Silver (Male), Wizard Burgundy (Female), Knight Slate (Male), Narwhal Lilac (Female), and Unicorn Periwinkle (Male). (Those are all Splatfest colors in 2, with the exception of the first two which are taken straight from Octo Expansion.) Dialogue continues:

Cap'n Cuttlefish: You got a lotta weapons at yer disposal, kid. Use 'em wisely!

C. Q. Cumber: You're in Smash instead of the Deepsea Metro - test fai--

Pearl: OUTTA HERE, ya slimeball!

When the song gets to 0:25, cut back to CGI briefly as the Octolings get in their Ballers and charge in on the remaining three guards. Back to gameplay, the Octolings' Final Smash is shown - Baller. They can move around and hit opponents a few times before automatically detonating, instantly KOing anyone in point blank range. It can also be detonated early by pressing B. Gameplay resumes until 0:37, with another brief cut back to CGI as a Galeem controlled Agent 3 (Yellow Female Inkling) leaps down from the top of the building.

Marina: Agent 3?! How?!

Pearl: Don't have a seacow, Marina. I'll take it from here!

As the song resumes, gameplay continues as Octoling's stage, MC. Princess Diaries (the Final Fest Shifty Station) is shown, with the ruins of the NILS statue in the distance and Pearl and Marina in a helicopter above. It eventually cuts to Pearl descending from the helicopter with her special ready, and the Octoling getting her to whip out her Princess Cannon to blast a Galeem-controlled King Dedede and Agent 3 to the right with the Chaos ink blast (to the left, it's the Order ink blast).

Pearl: Boo-YAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

the dialogue of Boo-YAHHHHHHH lines up with Pearl actually shouting it until the song ends with the fade out at 1:00 and the Smash Ultimate logo appears.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
As promised, here's my new prediction list!

AND that's not all - OCTOLING TRAILER CONCEPT BY ME!!
Ok, that part with C. Q. Cumber is a good one. I'd love to see that as a reference and the one with Agent 3 is pretty much a given.
This would at the very least appear in a possible trailer in some form.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
update Jan 16: So Byleth is FP5... while Spring Man’s an AT, Rex is a costume and Officer Howard’s a Spirit, Byleth proves nobody is too new

well the issue wouldnt have been if they were too new, it would have been if their player character look was too new, i maytain that octolings and splatoon are popular enough to get into smash one day, just im not sure about the 2nd pass

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
well the issue wouldnt have been if they were too new, it would have been if their player character look was too new, i maytain that octolings and splatoon are popular enough to get into smash one day, just im not sure about the 2nd pass
hey, if Byleth could do it...

also i posted a new S2 prediction and Octoling full trailer concept, check it out

Top Bottom