• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snapshot .bin file DECODED ! Online decrypting ! 16:9 mode !

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
You guys are so awesome. I can't even believe how awesome you guys are.

This should be STICKIED so everyone can see.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Crack... REPLAY FILES!!!!!
Even if they were cracked it wouldn't be worth it. It would require you use a several GB filesize program to watch them because of how the replays work and what all would be required on the computer that is rendering them.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
Awesomeness. I never really took screenshots before, since I couldn't ever do anything with them, but I might now seeing as how that isn't the case anymore.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Even if they were cracked it wouldn't be worth it. It would require you use a several GB filesize program to watch them because of how the replays work and what all would be required on the computer that is rendering them.
It wouldn't be totally worthless, though. Cracking the replay file can give us some neat functions for orchestrated replays.

Rikana

Smash Champion
This is awesome. Finally we can share pictures outside of the Wii. :D

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW !
STICKY THIS NOW ! seriously this is completely EPIC think of how usefull this will be for demoing stage builder places if zoomed out.

Shinryu64

Smash Rookie
This is great! Thank god we have GT coder.I have a question though...What do you guys mean that your going to crack the custom stages? Are guys trying to import your own music or something?

GTCoder

Smash Apprentice
This is great! Thank god we have GT coder.I have a question though...What do you guys mean that your going to crack the custom stages? Are guys trying to import your own music or something?
The other guys have decoded the format for stages...at the least, this means we should be able to view information about a stage on a computer.

If all goes well, we MIGHT just be able to use custom music or create stages on the computer and then copy them to Brawl. :p But we'll have to wait and see.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman

GTCoder

Smash Apprentice
I need to put that in the FAQ (I actually just had someone else give me some space though, so the website will have a new URL)...I wish the images were better, but the problem is that Brawl itself saves the images as JPGs. The decoder programs don't mess with the images at all. Apparently when the Wii displays them, it blurs/softens them a little so you don't see the jagginess. I or someone else might come up with something to make them look a little better, though...

Cool screens, man! :D

I've noticed that too...it's because they're .jpgs (shrinking them would probably help, though).

Any plans to try and figure out how to convert the .bin files to .png format, guys?

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
I need to put that in the FAQ (I actually just had someone else give me some space though, so the website will have a new URL)...I wish the images were better, but the problem is that Brawl itself saves the images as JPGs. The decoder programs don't mess with the images at all. Apparently when the Wii displays them, it blurs/softens them a little so you don't see the jagginess. I or someone else might come up with something to make them look a little better, though...
Really? I see.

If you can figure something out, let us know. :)

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or did they just put Roy's face on Isaac?

Maybe that's why Roy's data is in the game. =P

The decided to put Roy back in the game. Later on, they decided to scrap him, but they had a little work on his model. When they decided to put Isaac in as an AT, they decided not to waste time and put Roy's prototype model for Isaac, then edit it to make him feel like Isaac! It all makes sense now...=P

It would've been weird if that's what they actually did, though.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Wow, custom stages? o-o So if we saw a custom stage we liked, we could just download it to the sd card and pop it into a Wii??? If so, that'd just be.... Just magnificent... :D

mthegreatone

Smash Cadet
awesome news!!! kinda confused about the 16:9 part though...so what exactly would be a suitable pic resolution in order to make the pics retain their 16:9 nature?

Darkburst

Smash Cadet
This is GREAT, but I just have one question.

I downloaded the bin2jpg file a couple daus ago from here, and I was wondering if they added any uptates since then needed for it to work, or just work better? Thanks.

Top Bottom