• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snapshot .bin file DECODED ! Online decrypting ! 16:9 mode !

2L84U

Smash Journeyman
new! Online Decrypter (with 16:9 function)
http://brawl.kakkoister.com

decrypt with 2 buttons !

The snapshot files are finally cracked !

Thanks to all nameless programmers who helped! Nice job.
You can now convert .bin files captured on the SD card to .jpg using the following tool:

bin2jpg tool (74.78KB)by GTCoder
The offical site
http://kakkoister.com/GT/
http://freewebs.com/gtcoder/index.html

Here's the program version that should work with all snapshots:

Download link

It includes the source code to the out2jpg program if anyone is interested.

Hopefully if I'm not dead from lack of sleep, I'll make a simple website with the link, and FAQ information, so people can just go to one place to find info instead of scrolling through a thread. Have fun!
if you want to make the deleting of the useless .out file automatic, do this:

open the .bat file in notepad (right click open with, or edit)
add this line to the end :
Code:
del *.out
save

from now on, it will no longer create a .out file.
The sample which comes with the game

our respected programmers have now moved on to crack the custom stage files !
You can check the progress out at this thread.
let us look foward !

milind4

Smash Apprentice

Code:
del *.out
save

2L84U

Smash Journeyman

Code:
del *.out
save

That'll be a great addition !
Thanks for the code.

You may also edit the .dat file by right-clicking and hit "edit"

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Great work guys!

But you might wanna resave the tutorial image, you made a bit of spelling mistake XD (Super Samsh Bros)

milind4

Smash Apprentice
Is the replay file cracked yet so you can view on comp?
nope, and it probably won't be for some time since it is porbably not encoded in standard formats like the pictures were; rather, it will probably be a log of things and times that happened in the match so that the wii can recreate the event for you to view....

to crack it it would require something similar to an emulation of the game, which would require a TON more work than the pictures needed.

Ichida

Smash Ace
So I should stress he's an AT ??
Well, most people know that fact. What I'm saying is, I can see someone taking an epic screenshot of Isaac, in Brawl, and playing a prank on anyone who doesn't know he's in Brawl. spouting crap about "A NEW 3D GOLDEN SUN OMG."

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Well, most people know that fact. What I'm saying is, I can see someone taking an epic screenshot of Isaac, in Brawl, and playing a prank on anyone who doesn't know he's in Brawl. spouting crap about "A NEW 3D GOLDEN SUN OMG."
Quincy no hokori ni kakete... eh, wrong line.

I mean, finally an epic screenshot of Isaac, but maybe Golden Sun won't go 3D... maybe.

D

Deleted member

Is there a possibility for someone to make a change in the program to properly output in 16:9 without having to edit every time?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
replay files are not purly video files (you can zoom into characters and such)
not really possible to read outside the game.
If someone ripped that part of the rom file where it puts the "video" together (since it's assumed replays are a collection of saved inputs) they could probably set up a program to record and encode the videos into a useful format.

That would take a lot of work and a lot more time to figure out than the screenshots though.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
I learned of this utility yesterday on Brawl Central.

I'll wait until I get "Brawl" to download this (in case there needs to be a version for the US version of the game), but I'll definitely make good use of it to get the pictures I take
of Marth (LOL)
in the game to my computer.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Ooh nice! <3 SD Card.

Now all I need is the game.

On a side note, anyone willing to snap Wolf in front view zoomed? I wanna see a very nice hi-res pic of his full body.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Quincy no hokori ni kakete... eh, wrong line.

I mean, finally an epic screenshot of Isaac, but maybe Golden Sun won't go 3D... maybe.
XD, it's about time somebody noticed.

A new Golden Sun is just as much of a hopelessly optimistic wish as having Sonic and Lucario in Brawl, but we got them. Give them some time, it'll clue in eventually.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
If I put the time into it I could probably make a web version of this, where you just browse for the bin file and it spits out a jpeg with whatever name you want. I have a general idea of how it would work but some of the smaller details may be a bit too complex for me to get down.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's funny, Joystiq featured an article about this today. They predicted that most of these screenshots would end up being made for cheap laughs and I can easily see that happenening. I would like someone to do an online guide detailing different character's movesets though...

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Nice pics. Does it always come put jaggy/grainy like that? Would reducing the pic size help it look better?

komickid

Smash Apprentice
heh dmauro those are awesome pics. but good job at decoding it this will be really nice this topic deserves a sticky!

Top Bottom