• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's face appearance

ZSnake

Smash Cadet
Does anyone seemed bothered by Snake's new face appearance in Ultimate?

For example:

In Brawl:
Ssb3-snake.jpg

In Ultimate:
Thumbnail-Snake-Super-Smash-Bros-Ultimate.jpg

To me his face appearance in Ultimate looks like a complete knockoff and doesn't resemble any type of Snake from the Metal Gear Franchise series...

Would of been nice if they made him look more like this at least:

Fanmade, off the Web:
Snake - Face.jpg

Will his appearance already in the Smash Ultimate Demo be like it is in the official release? or will they change it to look more "Like" Snake from his Metal Gear Franchise. Would like to hear your opinion's on this.

....Yeah

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
His face only bothers me in that image only, he looks great in gameplay screenshots and videos

It’s the lack of booty that still bothers me

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I agree, I cant put my finger on what it is but that picture is awful while I love how he looks in game
Guess it’ll have to be a picture we have to adjust to on the css moving forward

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If I can have I guess, I think one thing is that his facial hair appears much thicker/darker in Ultimate then in Brawl.

Also either his face is much lighter in tone, the whites of his eyes are whiter or both

:135:

ZSnake

Smash Cadet
His face only bothers me in that image only, he looks great in gameplay screenshots and videos

It’s the lack of booty that still bothers me
Yes i agree, now that i think of it, his face does look great in game play and it's just probably that picture that is off.

Overall it would be cool if they added a quick touch up on his appearance from the photo aspect of things at least.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes i agree, now that i think of it, his face does look great in game play and it's just probably that picture that is off.

Overall it would be cool if they added a quick touch up on his appearance from the photo aspect of things at least.
Highly agreed

TrainerZN

Smash Rookie
(Sorry if my english have mistakes) If we paint snake with paint of inkling we can see the real solid snake, I made a comparison whit the shape of the nose and all other details of the face and under my opinion THE SHAPE, no the beard, the shape of the face looks for me a mix between mgs2 and young snake in mgs4 but i have the say, big boss in mgs3 and solid snake in face are indentical, I dont have problem with the render, looks cool but I agree: In gameplay looks fantastic, way better than render

At this point I only talk about the face, the beard instead, yeah I love full beards, and looks badass, but is Solid Snake not his papa, I dont hate the beard, I think when is the brawl era I think people believe if mgs2 snake is with more grafics have the full beard, but now is more difference between Big boss and Solid Snake mgs2 because longer beards like Phantom Pain

(Nobody talks about the ultimate snake's hair? LOOKS AWESOME)

My favourite version of Solid Snake is in mgs2 and I think Smash chose this version because can be the real main character (David) and the same time can put more beard referencing Big boss, in this way, referencing the Metal Gear Series, for this reason have the easter egg of the C3. this happen whit Ness and Lucas who dont use pk fire or freezes but in this way references the Mother series and not only himselfs.

maybe I prefer Snake/David With less beard? maybe, but this not anger me.

Top Bottom