• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Minus: Black ops got nothing on this

NNID
Budget_Player

<3 Xyless

Changelist

[collapse=Snake]---------
==Snake==
---------

==JABS/DASH ATTACK==

Jab 1 - Unchanged.

Jab 2 - Added ability to Jab Loop. Improved IASA.

Jab 3 - Shield Damage increased. Hitlag increased.

Dash Attack - Shield Damage increased. Hitlag increased. Cancelable by jump after a certain point.

==TILTS==

Forward Tilt - Shield Damage increased. Hitlag increased. SDI-ability decreased.

Forward Tilt 2 - Shield Damage increased. Hitlag increased.

Up Tilt - Shield Damage increased. Hitlag increased.

Down Tilt - Trajectory sends opponents downward. Knockback greatly decreased. Shield Damage increased. Hitlag increased. Trip Rate increased.

==SMASHES==

Forward Smash - Explosions loop twice, graphics and damage increasing with each successive explosion. Angled Forward Smash sends "rolling" explosions outward, decreasing in damage with each successive explosion.

Up Smash - Shoots 3 mortars instead of 1.

Down Smash - Damage increased. Mine activation speed increased. Mine trigger radius increased. Mine duration greatly increased. "There!" SFX played on setting Mine.

==AERIALS==

Neutral Air - Shield Damage increased on all hits. Hitlag increased on all hits. SDI-ability decreased on all hits. If "B" is pressed between 3rd and 4th hits, C4 is planted. "Good!" SFX played on successfully planting C4 on the opponent. Landing lag decreased slightly.

Forward Air - Startup speed increased slightly. Shield Damage increased. Hitlag increased. Improved autocancel window. Improved IASA. Landing lag decreased slightly.

Back Air - Shield Damage increased. Hitlag increased. Landing lag decreased slightly.

Up Air - Shield Damage increased. Hitlag increased. Improved IASA. Landing lag decreased slightly.

Down Air - Speed increased. Hits link together better. Shield Damage increased on all hits. Hitlag increased on all hits. SDI-ability decreased on all hits. Improved autocancel window. Landing lag decreased slightly.

==GRABS/THROWS==

Standing Grab - Unchanged.

Dash Grab - Unchanged.

Pivot Grab - Unchanged.

Pummel - Damage increased. "Ommnn..." SFX played.

Forward Throw - Trajectory lowered. Knockback decreased slightly.

Back Throw - Trajectory lowered. Knockback decreased slightly.

Up Throw - Damage increased. Trajectory sends opponents downward.

Down Throw - "Tasty!" SFX played.

==SPECIALS==

Neutral Special - Grenade trajectory lowered. Detonation time decreased from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Upon reaching grenade limit(2), Snake pulls out a motion sensor mine.

Side Special - Nikita damage increased. Nikita shield damage increased. Nikita hitbox size increased. Automatically exits controlling animation after firing.

Up Special - Cypher damage increased slightly. Greatly improved IASA. More horizontal control.

Down Special - C4 hitbox size increased. Sticky radius increased. Sticky transfer interval time decreased. Sticky duration greatly increased. Auto-detonation time greatly increased.

==OTHER==

Attributes - Unchanged.[/collapse]

Snake's Combo Game

Snake is one of the few characters in Brawl- who does not have an etremely good combo game. The most you're going to get out of the average hit (and this is at low %s!) is a 2-3 hit combo. Nothing totally spectacular. However, the upside is that everything that snake has hits like a freight train and does damage to the opponent like openly supporting creationism does damage to your political reputation in educated circles.

Utilt at low procents will lead into Nair or sometimes Dair on heavies. Occasionally another utilt, also. Dash attack, when JC'd correctly, will combo into almost any aerial on most chars. And let's not forget that Nair does 28 damage! Additionally, due to the raised sticky range and the sped up detonation, scoring your kills off the top with C4 combos is definitely possible.

Finally, I believe Fair deserves mention. It has a sped-up IASA and Autocancel, and the whole thing moves faster. You can approach and start combos with it, and occasionally combo into it.

Camping with Snake

This is what you should be doing most of the time. Snake is one of the few B- chars who can really camp effectively. The grenades have a shorter fuse and actually hit the opponent away from snake, and being able to pull out Motion Sensor Bombs is a really potent ability because they KILL SUPER EARLY! Pulling off grenade->MSB ranged combos is hilarious and often deadly. The Nikita is almost useful now, acting as a kind of super missile for Snake, just slightly steerable and way more laggy. And Snake's stage control with C4 and Mines has only improved. Finally, you can camp with Fsmash. Tilted Fsmash has approximately the most range of any non-projectile, non-zelda attack in the game. Arguably more than some of Zelda's Lightning Kicks. ABUSE THIS! Especially because you can do one normal Fsmash and then have a virtually lagless rolling fsmash. It is a ridiculous.

Killing with Snake

Taking a look at Snake's kill moves is actually kind of silly. So let's take a look at what snake has that doesn't kill effectively.

• Ftilt1 (sets up for kill move)
  • Jab1 (sets up for Jab2)
  • Jab2 (sets up for kill move)
  • Dtilt (sets up for kill move by tripping)
I think that's it... Snake can kill with virtually everything. He does a ton of shield damage, so pressure is on. And he has some of the best long-range kill moves. So yeah, snake is a ****ing MONSTER on the kill prowl. Of specific worth are Utilt, Grenades, and Fsmash.

Fsmash is ridiculous. Like, absolutely ridiculous. If your opponent attempts to get to the ledge and you're there waiting with fsmash, they have no choice but the ledge drop and try again later. This is how potent the triple fsmash is. It kills ridiculously early, and if you use the tilted form and extend it... ****.

Tech Chasing with Snake

Dthrow->roll away->Fsmash. YEAAAAAAAAAH. Okay, that one might not work, but snake has a ton of options out of most of his throws. All of them will leave the opponent on the ground if they're onstage (fthrow and bthrow can knock the opponent offstage with their awesome gimp angle). I need to try out Fthrow/Bthrow->Rolling Fsmash; I imagine it might work if they miss the tech, not sure. But all rules you know about tech chasing as snake still apply.

Combos
WIP

Xyless

Smash Master
Just a note that that 3rd listed thing on the picture will be changed. I had to leave during my class and I couldn't really think of anything to put since I got 0 hours of sleep last night.

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
Pretty old but..... Some good combos with snake are:

Jab(jab1)>Ftilt (1st hit)

True combo and afterwards you can either use utilt after the 1st hit if they miss the tech, or continue to the second hit. You can also uses ftilt (first hit) alot of times if they keep missing techs, though that only happens if they are SCRUBS.

C4 (blow up) > Bair/Uair

Pretty obvious combo, but should happen alot often since C4 seems pretty easy to abuse now. Basically a good way to start this out is double jump then expload c4 then attack, on low percents. On high percents you just stay high from the stage and expload when they least expect it.

Fair>Jump Cancel>Nair/Bair/Uair

Good combo, works on low percents after a short hop.

Dtilt (trip)> Ftilt (both hits)/ Utilt/Dtilt/Grab>Dthrow\Uthrow\Bthrow\Fthrow\Pummel / Usmash (not as good)

Dtilt was pretty buffed, and the trip ratio is pretty big, so if they do trip, you can follow up with alot of things.

Utilt>Utilt

A good damage racker in low percents. Usually works on heavys and mid weights.

Fthrow/Bthrow>Mine/Motion Sensor Bomb/

A pretty good combo that really works with Snakes new throws.Depending on how close the mine/Motion Sensor is, it can be teched. I dont think it is possible really close though....atleast, thats what i think.

Nade> Nade/Utilt/Nair/Bair/Uair/ C4 (sticky)/C4 (expload)/Grab (?)/Dtilt/Mine/Motion Sensor Bomb/Fsmash (heavily situational though)/Usmash (Also situational)/ Box (For lulz)/Fair/Dair

Since nade angles left/right depending on the angle of then nade, its possible to follow up with it. This is pretty useful and can lead to alot of things.

Usmash> Grab>Fthrow/Bthrow/Uthrow/Dthrow/Pummel

Another obvious combo that was also from vbrawl. Yeah. If the 3 mortars are still falling you can throw them in it. Its not as good as vbrawl but can rank damage i guess :/ A "decent" setup i use for it are say, i do a usmash and the opponent is rushing down on me, then i can do a pivot grab the opposite side of them rushing on me, and from there I can just pummel/throw them into it. Its much less useful then im saying, but can rank damage i guess :/

RCM (side B) > C4 (expload)/Uair (?)/Bair (?)

Thats all i have... just to add some contents in this guide... even though its pretty old.

Also, this should be updated. Grenade no longer has a shorter fuse. And some other things... but...Yeah.

Top Bottom