• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Match Up Advice?

St_Steady

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to find any information or even gameplay about the Falco vs Snake match up, or even really ANY sort of advice vs Snake.

Any tips welcome, I can play okay against him when my friends uses him but I'd like to nuke his Snake off the map cause he's so damn annoying to play against.

hi im dennis

Smash Apprentice
Spam lasers, jump a lot to avoid sleep dart, jump up and use down airs on him a lot because hes strongest in neutral with grabs, you can use shine to reflect the sleep dart into him, if he has you under pressure use down tilt.

Not many good tips I can give you, just don't get grabbed because that's when he will get the most damage on you.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Keep your space and laser camp, attack his shield with safe pressure, combo him but don't over extend and CP bigger stages or wider stages. Smaller stages allow him to gain more stage control with explosions, which give him more opportunity to net grabs and keep you in an up close fight. Snake's Up-B is a big combo starter / get off me tool, so if you attack his shield unsafely he will just hit you with that, possibly get a stick and then it all goes down hill from there. The best player in my region plays Snake, and although I'm still relatively new to Falco and that match-up these are things I have picked up in my limited experience.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Snake Main here telling you that laser camping literally doesn't work against Snake unless you're pretty fantastic at hitting that lowest laser height. But please, let me crawl into your zone, bait a bad option, and punish you for it :)

Last edited:

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Good advice
But yeah, you can't auto-pilot against Snake at all. You have to be conscious of his options. His mines and c4 both start combos on you really well and can control entire sections of a stage, be it Battlefield platforms that you're now not allowed to utilize or forcing aerial approaches on FD. His Cypher OOS is as fast as your Shine OOS and can be cancelled into aerials and specials after 10 frames. This lets him get free C4 sticks, nair grabs, and dair grabs, as well as start up air juggles. Besides that, his grenade covers portions of Snake's shield, meaning you're also not allowed to hit those parts of his shield without getting comboed for it and that portion changes depending on whether he's holding the grenade or if he dropped the grenade by holding shield.

His chaingrab on you lasts from around 25 until 80 percent and he has KO setups after that, and he has ways of chip damaging you up to that percent and can use up tilts to make the CG work at lower percents. No DI is best DI at low percent as it forces pivot or turnaround grabs, and DI toward center stage at higher percents because forward air and back air are both guaranteed and send you off stage. C4 Stick and Up Air are both super easy if you don't DI at higher percents, though.

Edgeguarding is incredibly easy with down air, back air, and forward air, and Cypher eats your side-b entirely and combos into back air. Falco's one boon is the fact that he can zero to death Snake, especially if that Snake isn't SDIing properly. You're forced to space meticulously and play safe against Snake and are rewarded hugely for it, essentially. Platforms aren't an escape either if the Snake is fast enough with jumping up to them or simply uses the grab walk to manipulate you into DIing a certain way. From there he can either continue to influence your DI while CGing you or shift into a down throw no-techchase (you can't tech down throw) where he can theoretically zero to death you. My point here is getting grabbed by Snake probably means you're gonna lose your stock.

I personally think Snake wins this MU and generally has an easier time going about it as well. There's just so many things that Snake stops Falco from doing. You get next to nothing out of lasering besides limiting what snake can do (but not by much, it only really affects grenades and dashdancing which aren't that good against Falco anyway) and meanwhile you can't move easily, get edgeguarded harder, and get punished way more easily than Snake. So you lose the neutral, and struggle to break even in the punish game because Snake's reversals are just as strong—maybe stronger?—than yours.

Last edited:

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
There's a great set of mango vs prof pro out there. I think it was at beast V but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom