• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 39 (08/26) - Brawl is Not in the Realm

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Link to original post: [drupal=531]SMYN: Episode 39 (08/26) - Brawl is Not in the Realm[/drupal]

Hacking Brawl, Evo Results, and Future Projects!

Youko and SamuraiPanda are back for another discussion-filled episode of Show Me Your News for the month of August. The co-host of "WTF, Pokémon!?!" and Youko's brother, SwordHunter, joins the Roundtable this month due to cramped schedules caused by an impending move-in into the SMYN Apartment. Topics discussed include an SMYN fansite, hacking Brawl, Evo results, your Mailtime questions, future projects from the SMYN gang, and...mindgames galore? A can't-miss episode from Show Me Your News, all in all!

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Hey, Kiki, when I click the link (or try going to the post on Smash News), I just load up a blank screen... Is this episode just that popular and bandwidth-eating?

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
ok i downloaded it and it says it can't be played on my ipod for some reason. Is anyone else getting this error?

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
What the heck? I downloaded it, but it refuses to download to my iPod. Man, I was really looking forward to this, seeing as how I missed the live stream.:(

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Im not in the realm......... T-T

Go to the smyn thread in the general brawl discussion. Someone uploaded one that works.Its on page 700.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I apologize for the iPod errors. I didn't really do anything differently, so I'm not too sure what could have caused. Once we resolve the problem, I'll definitely let you guys know though.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

Thelibarr

Smash Rookie
You say tripping isn't a big thing but I think it is, but listen why...
Sure the chance of that screwing up your game is 1/100 but think about it.
It's like if you had a door in your house that gave you a gentle shock every one hundred time? Sure it's not a big thing but it will annoy you and every time you walk through the door you will think about it. It's the same with tripping... argue?

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I was able to rationalize tripping, and then its whole function made sense to me. Basically, its a balancing attempt that works. It prevents chaingrabs from working 100% of the time. As someone who plays against Dedede and Falco a lot, I appreciate tripping very much. If it wasn't in the game, characters with chaingrabs would be more broken.

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
No, because chaingrabbing involves a lot more dashing than everythign else. If you play a lot of airgame, as most characters do, then its barely a problem and actually more of a benefit.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
-The Olympics....a bunch of obscure sports all in one place.
-Replacing the lame Melee "Donkey Kong Rap" with the original version of it=win.
-Olympic boxing is boring, and the point system is lame.
-The "Striking" stage picking method is a good method IMO. That 2/3rd's majority method also sounds like a great idea.
-Meta Knight seems like Sheik in Melee, and like Sheik, I doubt Meta Knight will stay at the top. I STILL think G&W will be the top
-Snake's dominance is fading fast, and he's already dropped to the #2 spot. I suspect he'll drop quite a bit lower.
-EVO could have been awesome, with over 600 entrants for Brawl alone, but failed.
-Panda Toon Link is too good.
-The patch to reach more balanced tiers will take A TON time, patience, good tiers, and debates in order to come through. However if done right I'm all for it! :)
-The Dark Knight is my favorite movie ever. It is simply drop dead INCREDIBLE!!!
-The best scene in TDK in my unhumble opinion (:laugh:) was hands down
the boat scene to the end.
-My new life mission is to BECOME THE HEATH LEDGER JOKER! Speaking of which, do any of you care to see a magic trick-ah?
-Super Mario RPG is finally on the Virtual Console! w00t! [/random]
-That commentary thing sounds great. I really like the idea.
-Toon Link is better then ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of them!

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Great job guys as always, really enjoyed it.

The realm thing at the end was priceless - I worked it out about two minutes through, but I would probably freeze on the spot if I was in Youko's position, you know how it is.

I'm in the realm! YAY!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
iTunes functionality is disabled at the moment because of the recent smashboards server move.

Oh, and episode 40 is planned to go live on our Stickam website on October 1st at 8:00 PM (EST).

http://www.stickam.com/smyn

Top Bottom