• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 38 (07/23) - Bangers and Smash

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Link to original post: [drupal=530]SMYN: Episode 38 (07/23) - Bangers and Smash[/drupal]

E3 Analysis and More with Mic_128!

E3 has come to a close and it's up to Show Me Your News to give their analysis! Youko, SamuraiPanda, and guest Mic_128 cover all the major press conferences, give details about a new contest, talk about their Stickam channel, and much, much more!
Contest details FOR A GUEST SPOT ON EPISODE 40 can be found here at the official SMYN thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=108829
Our Stickam channel where we stream live episodes and have Wii footage with commentary and more is: http://www.stickam.com/smyn
SMYN now has its own website (and soon forums), thanks to our dedicated fans! It can be found here: http://www.freewebs.com/showmeyournewsyouko/index.htm

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Wow. I will be honest, that episode was really well done ^^ Although better e3 anouncements would have made for a better episode,i enjoyed hearing you panda and mic's opinion on what could possibly be the worst e3 ever. What really got to me is what panda said about getting better. I immediatley started looking for people around my area who play smash. The unfortunate part is im on 15, i cant drive,i barely know the subway, and my parents wont let me. *sigh*I pitty my self.....

Darkurai

Smash Master
Wow. I will be honest, that episode was really well done ^^ Although better e3 anouncements would have made for a better episode,i enjoyed hearing you panda and mic's opinion on what could possibly be the worst e3 ever. What really got to me is what panda said about getting better. I immediatley started looking for people around my area who play smash. The unfortunate part is im on 15, i cant drive,i barely know the subway, and my parents wont let me. *sigh*I pitty my self.....
I feel your pain.

Hug.

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
Weeee!

Woo! New SMYN episode! Yeah, I'm a rabid fan. I even downloaded all the earlier episodes when poor Youko was all by himself. *grumblecakes* Heh, more compliments after I listen to it;)

Revven

FrankerZ
Wow! LOL! This was a good one. My favorite part was the part when SP was talking about Anther and how he always gets his *** kicked every time he plays him. I especially liked the part when SP said what Anther does when he comes over, the fact that he changes his tag to "RUOK?" is hilarious! The blaster Wolf part sounds exactly what my friends and I do. Except, ours is probably a little more out there.

Basically, whenever one of my friends play as Wolf they shoot the blaster, pause, and say "DAT GAAAAAAAANGSTAAA LEANNNNN" or they just say "GAAAAAAAANGSTAAAAAAA" It's really hilarious in person or the way it's said. I've got a pretty great group of smashers myself, but, I want to expand on it a bit more... just that there aren't really anymore Smashers in Cleveland besides the ones I already know (they ARE at my level and above me) so, it's pretty cool for me so far. I really want to get into tournaments but, I can't drive yet and I'm not technically old enough to do so (going by how strict my parents are). :p

With that said, great episode! Looking forward to next month's episode. Oh, and looking forward to the SMYN Forums. :)

okiyama

Smash Ace
Netflix is TOTALLY a cowboy elephant that goes "broooo!" when it gives you a movie.
I think that might actually be my favorite moment, I'm gonna doa real submission to the contest pretty soon.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Good episode, and I concur with SP; there should be a re-release for Brawl XD

Brawl Tournament Edition dunno, something like that, well I'll be around to know when the "live" will be recording XP

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Basically (my thoughts are)...

-E3 2008 is possibly the worst E3 ever. No new Chrono Trigger DS footage=sad knight.
-Multimedia was the focus INSTEAD OF THE games at E3 basically. That's how sad it was.
-NetFlix is definitely a Cowboy Elephant that goes "brooo".
-The new Microsoft Miis should DEFINITELY be called Xiis! :laugh:
-Youko needs to play more PS2 (and Psx) games.
-Nintendo (of America) had a dozen "hardcore" titles they have to shown, and epicly failed. Luckily Miyamoto and Iwata didn't.
-"Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Ultimate Fighter Hyper Turbo New Challengers HD Competitive World Championship Edition!" for the win!
-Wii Music needs compatibility with the Wiimote Motion Plus and a competitive online multiplayer system. Online cow bell face-offs ftw! :)
-Massive Action Game (MAG) looks and sounds INCREDIBLE. Thanks for informing me on this epic looking game Panda! :)
-You forgot the only Wii-exclusive game worth buying: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Why it wasn't at E3 2008 is beyond me.
-"Youko Reggie", "Show Me Your News Climbers", and "Double-t-f Youko" FTW!
-Look out for Show Me Your News Panda! She might be dirty! o_O
-This podcast is STILL SUPER AWESOME, and this episode was DEFINITELY SUPER AWESOME! *gives the episode 5 big thumbs up*

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Thanks again Youko good work covering E3 and such. It was good to see Mic again. I agreed with most of what you said.

I would definetly take out Shadow and replace Banjo Kazzoie. Those games were so fun. He was one of my top wanted characters but I kinda new that wasn't going to happen. Stupid Rare. Now they're making a banjo game for 360 that looks like crap.

Anyways I loved the episode, the content and the easter egg. Oh and I laughed at the first minute introduction. Haha! That was good stuff. :rotfl:

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
oddly enough i don't remeber netfix ever being a elaphant cowboy that goes BROOOAAA..... lol Anyways nice ep E3's getting worse and worse but i have my hope for the next one hopefully Iwata will take his own apology to hear and try to appeal to hsrdcore gamers next time.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
this episode was one of my favorites but i agree with alot of the things u said about E3

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So we're working on trying to plan out recording for the next episode, so we may be approaching around ONE WEEK LEFT in the drawing contest. You never know if you'll win, so send those entries in to dojopodcastATgmailDOTcom or just post them here in the thread!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
FOR THE TIME BEING (basically, unless Panda has a problem with the timing), SMYN Episode 39 will be live:

Monday, August 25th
7:30 PM Eastern Standard Time

You can listen in on the first page of the SMYN thread in General Brawl Discussion on the Smashboards or here: http://www.stickam.com/smyn

SEND IN YOUR MAILTIME QUESTIONS to either this thread or dojopodcast@gmail.com! Thanks!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You can listen live even if you don't make an account. Thankfully, that's the way Stickam works.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
SCRATCH THAT: New time is...

Tuesday, August 26th
8:00 PM (EST)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
TIME CHANGE:

5:00 EST, not 8:00.

Yes, Oki, it was accepted. Umm...the IRC...I'll edit this post once I retrieve the info from SwordHunter.

Top Bottom