• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 31 (02/03) - The End and a Beginning

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Characters, Stages, and Music, it's all official as Buzz joins Youko and SamuraiPanda in the longest episode of Show Me Your News ever!

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
The first time I downloaded it, it just stopped at 1 hour 30 mins =(. Is it messed up or is it just that there were too many people are downloading it at the same time as I was?

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
Snake down smash

While I was making a new smash bros background (dont ask) I discoverd that Snake's down smash color, size, and form has changed. Did anyone else notice this?

tvieth01

Smash Cadet
wow this is my first post =]
good job guys! ive been listenin to the show since xmas since i got a itouch and i am going to tearn into a nerd all because this game and to find this show really helps. im missing the Q3 of the superbowl just to download this so u no ur shows good.

ps. what would be your fav. alt costume or color change for each character?
thanx

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
Jesus H. Christ!!! Over 4 hours long?! I'm downloading this as I type, and ****. It's gonna take me at least an hour to download this. It's bound to be a good one.:)

courte

Smash Lord
4 hours you say...?? at 60 MBs?? what kind of sadness quality am I in for?? I'll tough it out happily like i did the 35

AlFighter27

Smash Cadet
Score Display

It happens that in Melee that if you play 500 Time Matches, you unlock another option in additional rules comes up called score display. When score display is on you can view your score WHILE you play a time game and I am sure this is in brawl as well, that is what you saw in that video SamuraiPanda.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
It is probably downloading very slowly or bugging out because of the massive amount of downloads. I had to redownload mine on iTunes until I got the full length. It's no big deal, just try it again later or right now.

On a lighter note, WOW, this is long. I'll start it tonight and finish tomorrow after classes are finished.

Dublio

Smash Ace
OMG 4 HOURS!?! YES!!! I Love you Youko and Samurai Panda. Your voices give me pleasure as I lay in my bed at night. I love SMYN so much. I just found it two weeks ago and I am throughly glad I did.

otter

Smash Ace
looks like everyone is having itunes trouble.... I'll just DL it here ;)

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
well i finally got it dowloaded..at 230 in the morning =). i haven't posted on boards in about a month and SMYN is the only reason i think i still visit. so Thanks Youko and SP for giving me something to look forward to every week waiting on brawl. 5 weeks.........

cultistofvertigo

Smash Rookie
you fine with the death of smash bros.?

Really? You're fine with the roster? Have you seen it? Because I don't know if you've noticed, but THEY CUT FOUR FLIPPING CHARACTERS!!! They're gone! It's not just clones either, they took away Mewtwo, a perfect representative of the Pokemon franchise, a unique character, and one that was easy to kick *** with. Doesn't that bother anyone? You know the only thing worse than cutting ANYONE is cutting them IN FAVOR of another flipping Fox clone!

No, no one was stupid enough to really think Goku was going to be in Brawl or whatever the hell they said, but when you spend this much time, this much money, and delay the game THREE TIMES you expect that they dont take a wonderful game and START WITH LESS THAN THE ORIGINAL GAME! You're supposed to start with Melee, and then and only then add to it. No one is saying the gameplay is bad, the point is that Smash Bros. is a game that banks 90% of its appeal on the character select screen. The reason why ROB and G&W are in Smash is because of their kitschy-ness and as a throwback. NONE of these characters are picked to make a perfect top tier fighter.

The game will still kick ***, no doubt about it, but dont kid yourself. The roster is a disaster. The additions are good with the exception of Wolf, but even then, who would have cared if they kept all the characters? It would have just been "Oh, well that's an odd choice, but I guess it's cool."

So, to reiterate, given the amount of effort, time, and money that went into this game, with it understood that the three delays were made to ensure that ths game would be exactly what everyone dreamed it would be, there is not one excuse, not even one, why Mewtwo should not be playable. Pichu and Dr. Mario are understandable, they were even more cloney than the other clones, but there is no excuse for Mewtwo, the only pokemon worth remembering.
No, i'm not exaggerating, I am upset about screwing with an otherwise perfect game. Nintendo should have handled their own game better than Atari did Godzilla (I mean they put in two new Kaiju AND Varan AND G'54! SSBB CUT MEWTWO!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!). I'm gonna stop whining now, this is a long post.

JerenIsUgly

Smash Rookie
A little underwhelming...

I just listened to SMYN for the first time. It was the 4 hour long episode. I have some problems with it...
1) These guys haven't even played the game. They are going off of the videos on Youtube, and I noticed, as did they, that those videos are horrible. People don't know what they're doing.
2) They ramble on about the most stupid things. Without all of the useless babble this could have been a nice hour and a half of gold. Instead they apparently didn't do any preplanning and just talked into mics until they couldn't find anything else to say. Not consice at all.

This should not have been 4 hours. Maybe when they got the game they could do a 4 hour discussion. But they are great players commenting on videos of crappy players. I'd like to know their impressions from playing. I mean, if you do an online podcast, that you expect people to listen to for 4 hours get an import of the game. Between the three of you, buy the game. Very disappointed. Sorry. Hopefully things will get better with upcoming episodes which i'll listen to.

thisismatt

Smash Cadet
Well, that was rude as hell.

I love SMYN. The only gripe I have with this episode is that I had to download it twice because it didn't download the full episode the first time, and that is no fault of Yuoko or Panda... IT'S BUZZ'S FAULT!!! Nah, just kidding with ya!

Anyway, I do admit, that sometimes they do go off on avoidable tangents, but each one brings something funny and a memorable moment to that episode. I couldn't picture SMYN WITHOUT said tangents, in fact.

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
While I was making a new smash bros background (dont ask) I discoverd that Snake's down smash color, size, and form has changed. Did anyone else notice this?
I'm not the only one who noticed the change.

Really? You're fine with the roster? Have you seen it? Because I don't know if you've noticed, but THEY CUT FOUR FLIPPING CHARACTERS!!! They're gone! It's not just clones either, they took away Mewtwo, a perfect representative of the Pokemon franchise, a unique character, and one that was easy to kick *** with. Doesn't that bother anyone? You know the only thing worse than cutting ANYONE is cutting them IN FAVOR of another flipping Fox clone!

No, no one was stupid enough to really think Goku was going to be in Brawl or whatever the hell they said, but when you spend this much time, this much money, and delay the game THREE TIMES you expect that they dont take a wonderful game and START WITH LESS THAN THE ORIGINAL GAME! You're supposed to start with Melee, and then and only then add to it. No one is saying the gameplay is bad, the point is that Smash Bros. is a game that banks 90% of its appeal on the character select screen. The reason why ROB and G&W are in Smash is because of their kitschy-ness and as a throwback. NONE of these characters are picked to make a perfect top tier fighter.

The game will still kick ***, no doubt about it, but dont kid yourself. The roster is a disaster. The additions are good with the exception of Wolf, but even then, who would have cared if they kept all the characters? It would have just been "Oh, well that's an odd choice, but I guess it's cool."

So, to reiterate, given the amount of effort, time, and money that went into this game, with it understood that the three delays were made to ensure that ths game would be exactly what everyone dreamed it would be, there is not one excuse, not even one, why Mewtwo should not be playable. Pichu and Dr. Mario are understandable, they were even more cloney than the other clones, but there is no excuse for Mewtwo, the only pokemon worth remembering.
No, i'm not exaggerating, I am upset about screwing with an otherwise perfect game. Nintendo should have handled their own game better than Atari did Godzilla (I mean they put in two new Kaiju AND Varan AND G'54! SSBB CUT MEWTWO!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!). I'm gonna stop whining now, this is a long post.
Get over it. The roster is great. Well, everyone's going to have to agree it's better than Melee's crazy roster in the game.

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand now. SamuraiPanda, Youko, you guys are just awesome for the Podcasts for the past thirty-one weeks. Seriously, thank you so much. They're what keeps me up at night, listening... I really don't care because they're just funny. The uncut (with exception of the fire alarm part) part of this is what really makes it good and awesome... not to mention informative. Thanks for showing the news!

thisismatt

Smash Cadet
OMG the fire alarm was one of my favorite SMYN moments ever! They should release an "uncut" version of that episode with that part put right back in instead of as an Easter Egg!

Takuthehedgehog

Smash Cadet
Why is there no music from the Japanese Sonic CD? The only good track from the American version is Sonic Boom, which thankfully is the only one from the American Sonic CD, but why is there no Japanese Sonic CD music? Its agreed that the Japanese Sonic CD is the best Sonic soundtrack ever, and this game was made in Japan. Why no Toot Toot Sonic Warrior? WHY?

For those who have never heard Toot Toot Sonic Warrior: http://youtube.com/watch?v=iWuNtHV8fAM

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is not a dead or dying series. It still sells huge in Japan and decently in America. It's much bigger than Metroid in Japan, actually.

DQP

Smash Ace
kirbys not dying! he's got a lot of good games. i'm sure the masterpieces will make
him popular again!

Smasher 102

Smash Cadet
Hey I don't know if this was already posted but in jiggs final smash she does her sleep move while shes giant

Remember the sleep move in melee that would make ememies burst into flames and blast awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Fat Boy

Smash Rookie
correction?

only about 30 min into the podcast. don't have time to sit down and listen to it all at once.

i picked up brawl (living in japan) and there is a way to put total scores into time matches. its an option through special brawl mode.

i know you mentioned regular stock matches, but mehh... if you really want it, its an option. i'm also unlocking different settings for vs. as i play more and more, so who knows what else'll show up. i didn't catch if you guys have the game yet or are just speculating off of news.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Why is there no music from the Japanese Sonic CD? The only good track from the American version is Sonic Boom, which thankfully is the only one from the American Sonic CD, but why is there no Japanese Sonic CD music? Its agreed that the Japanese Sonic CD is the best Sonic soundtrack ever, and this game was made in Japan. Why no Toot Toot Sonic Warrior? WHY?

For those who have never heard Toot Toot Sonic Warrior: http://youtube.com/watch?v=iWuNtHV8fAM
Becuse the jp sonic cd music is licenced music

plumokin

Smash Rookie
what!? I have optimum and it only takes me 20 seconds to download it... (windows xp laptop)

Top Bottom