• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 27 (01/06) - State of the Brawl Address

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It’s season three for SMYN, and that means we’re in the home stretch until the release of Brawl! To make up for the DOJO’s vacation, we give our State of the Brawl address as we cover the characters, items, stages and more of the DOJO so far! Plus, find out the history behind SMYN and what might possibly lie ahead for the podcast!

Masahiro Libs, a short game with Sakurai’s quotes, is added and so is a section called Interview to replace Brawl Viewpoints. This week, Youko interviews 2nd Stamp and Ian Kovich of Smash Dash fame! It’s truly insightful!!

Youko and SamuraiPanda are back full force in an episode you really don’t want to miss!

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow...that was quick.

With the writer's strike depriving me of all electronic media, it's nice to finally hear the words "Season Premiere"! Whoo! ^_^

Kudos to Youko and SP for putting this up so dang quickly.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It was put up quickly pretty much because I had it ready this morning (which was a first) and some people had been complaining about the delays of the Pandacast. Problem solved!

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
i think that we as a community are over anticipating this release so that wen it comes out where going 2 b like **** this sux. Mentally i dont feel we are ready for the transition although we say we are.

pintal

Smash Rookie
I like SMYN i've lissoned to all of them so i likr em you have done a great job :)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Skype for the conference call, Pro Tools for the editing, and I think SamuraiPanda uses a program called NGWave to record the Roundtable.

MSS

Smash Cadet
Fludd

At first I saw Fludd as a disappointment too, but after thinking about it, it could be better than it seems...perhaps it will add to Mario's recovery? That would make sense anyway, but then again I haven't seen anything like that in any videos yet.

LuigiKing_Pwns

Smash Cadet
Wow great to have youko back

This epiode is pretty niceu guys ran through some sections pretty fast but I'm still waiting for a SamuraiPanda-Youko disagreement on an update...it'll be 4 the lolz. ALSO THANk you for keep ing the podcast monthly its stil a great addition to the boards.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You obviously missed when we disagreed on Miis being playable then, hehe.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
kirby's final smash

I think kirby's final smash should have been something to do with when kirby grabs the microphone and just shrieks his lungs out!

Smasher 102

Smash Cadet
ha ha ha ha ha stops and cries

wow, is this going to be the like 3rd to last epsode "cries" :urg:I want this game so badly sucky thing is the anticipation of this game is almost all I have to live for.
I don't own a wii yet:embarrass my friend pre-orderd the game so I can play with him yet it sucks that I may not be able to get a wii or brawl. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

anyway back on topic nice podcast and also why does nobody like lava stages that just adds to the experience. good to see youko back in the podcast.
my guess on monday we get a zelda update:laugh::mad::laugh::mad: :mixed emotions:

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
you guys are shweet. And i know alot of people like samurai panda thought this break from the dojo suked but i liked it. i needed a short break from it but im ready 4 a nice update tomarrow hopefully

MSS

Smash Cadet
Just to clear some things up for you guys, Yes Fox does use the Land Master in Star Fox 64 and Kirby can gain the cooking ability in Kirby Super Star.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I like the idea Kirby can swallow some item and then use their powers, kinda like from the 'Right back at ya' cartoon from 4kids did, he swallows an element and becomes Ice Kirby, Fire Kirby, Stone Kirby, Ninja Kirby, etc.

Also i like the interview section its new and also how the gamespot interview section was used into the podcast a big hand to Youko and Samurai Panda for a great job.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I think they took a holiday break from ALL Nintendo related work, not just the site.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
What SP was saying about Link is that Majora's Mask Link is a different Link than Twilight Princess Link, so he shouldn't have the masks. Although in all honesty, I don't think it really matters if he mixes items from different Links.

In that respect, the OoT Zelda that transforms into Zelda is not the same as the Twilight Princess Zelda. However as I said, I don't think it matters.

StarFox Assault was garbage. I wanted it to be good, and it looked beautiful, but it was trash. Way too easy, slow, tedious levels, etc.. The Landmaster was unfortunately part of that, because Namco felt the need to explore the ground segments and make them too different from the air segments. It really slowed the pace and ruined the game. I believe the Landmaster is in StarFox 64. It might have been the unreleased StarFox 2, also.

I think the IC's final smash is cool.

I always thought that picture of Ike in Icarus' Final Smash was him doing an attack, not blocking.

I wanted a Pokemon Trainer like this before he was announced, and I am glad Sakurai did it. Zero Suit Samus wasn't a surprise?

Another B angle? Before Brawl, and even before Melee, I was thinking of a A+B.

You're right about the customized controls being like a gift to everyone.

Rumble Falls looks cool. :( And it's supposed to be slower and only goes up, so I don't see why anyone is complaining. LOVE Lylat Cruise. I think Castle Siege has terrible transformations. Walking on the air, bland backgrounds. Bleh.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
About the updateless week.. y'know.. they even don't have to do any updates.. just upload some they already have.
Because.. I really think they do those updates a week or two in advance..

Nice episode. ^^
And thanks again SP for his hard work making the updateless week more enjoyable. :>

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
A nice podcast. I saw the length and was like "sweet, a long address." I didn't like how you guys sped through all the updates after characters, but I know you wanted to avoid it being really long.

Loved the quote bleeping and the interview segment was good to. Solid show all around. I too am sad that there are only a few more episodes until I stop listening due to the Japan release. But alas. I may go back and listen to the old ones then.

And I'm sure this has been brought up before, but anyone else think that the reason the Dojo took the week off was because Youko said he was going to take two weeks off? They probably figured if he isn't going to be around to talk about the updates, there is no need for them. I mean come on, was that really coincidental?

Joking of course... but you never know.

Keep up the good work. And I hope you guys do the podcast more often than bi-monthly. You guys I'm sure could talk about different stuff, or like you said, go to an all Wii podcast or something.

SeanW

Smash Cadet
Panda, I think your math's off slightly. 'Cause I counted the months (starting when they did the Japan Time updates). Granted I didn't count May perseé (or however it's spelt), but I counted 9 months in Febuary. So it's like in May Nintendo said, "Smash fans...we're preggers."

'Course I could be off.

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
I love the idea of SMYN after Brawl! You could cover Mario Kart Wii, the new Fire Emblem, the new Kirby Wii game, give cheats and tips, give your impressions on smash characters/items/stages/modes, tell everyone about upcoming smash tournaments, and like you said, it doesn't even have to be weekly.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
This was the first podcast I've listened to, and I was very fortunate that it basically reviewed a lot of things, etc. Oh, btw, I loved rolling around in the Landmaster in Star Fox 64.

Very nice. I look forward to listening to future episodes. Thanks.

unii

Smash Cadet
I agree with dojo there is already a podcast for all wii games on wiire.com i come here just to get updated on smash and learn about new tournaments all about brawl everything its great.

Top Bottom