• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 9 ~ Champaign, IL 2-7-09

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
1: Tink & Chexr
2: Darkrain & Dmac
3: 18spikes & Cosmo
4: Matt & Tom R
5: darkatma & Genoblast
5: Watty & Big R
7: Sliq & Dope
7: Souroush & Jiano
9: SDM & Seanson
9: Laipply & Vro
9: Khepri & Kels
9: Climhazzard & Fluxwolf
13: Erroldactyl & Dekuschrub
13: Oranos & Gambit
13: Sveet & Blackpanther
13: Jturley & Durand

Doubles bracket results out of 52 teams.

1: Darkrain
2: Matt R
3: Dope
4: Watty
5: Eddie
5: Souroush
7: Cosmo
7: Viperboy
9: dmac
9: Kels
9: Sliq
9: Ihavespaceballs
13: Jay
13: Climhazzard
13: Dekuschrub
13: Jiano
17: Bluemycon
17: Chad
17: Tom R
17: Smeesh
17: BigD
17: Myztek
17: Z
17: Chexr
25: AOB
25: AC
25: 18spikes
25: Ajj
25: Quaz
25: darkatma
25: Vro
25: Tink
33: Captain Awesome
33: Ripple
33: NES Noob
33: Mendoza
33: Zec
33: Cups
33: Big R
33: Secks
33: Laipply
33: Rezo
33: JBM
33: Henrik
33: Skinoff
33: Nekomancer
33: Ameer
33: Ray Chun
49: Chris
49: Durian
49: Khepri
49: Ben
49: SDM
49: Genoblast
49: Dan
49: Big Burn
49: Seanson
49: Brickman
49: Juke
49: mslano
49: Pyroty
49: Weimdog
49: Lixi
49: Legan

Doubles: 52 teams
Singles: 112 entrants

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Thanks for coming, everyone. Things went pretty well this time around.

Darkrain, thanks for helping out so much, and congrats on your win. Good job to the other high finishers also, especially our own homeboy Matt R. aka Doormatt aka Matt-a-door.

In response to Tom Turbine: Well, look, I moved my mouse over the clock on the taskbar and it said February 8, 2009, so that's what I put in the title! You expect me to keep track of the date? Anyway, fixed.

I think that one was recorded. We got all the big ones near the end.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
oh poop
I did nothing today and that makes me a lame smeesher
but I did get my car egged :yay:
full brackets a sap

PEEF!

Smash Hero
We have video and commentary for the last 8 sets. It's sweet. I'll have it up as soon as possible.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Ahh, I left my cameras charger at the venue. Is it dead and gone? Can someone save it?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yo I wanna give some shoutouts
Eddie--I'm pretty sure we're the new Eddie vs Luke, because that game 3 was SO ****ing close and you're the reason I didn't get out of pools = X
ripple--ur gay LOL
blackpanther--ok. you're more technical. :(
darkrain-you are the most entertaining person to watch of all time
zjiin--was ****ing awesome to finally meet you. had a lot of fun with the cash battles and thanks for the IC practice
matt r-WOW. I had no idea who you were before this but you are an incredible player and you gave us an extremely entertaining finals
cosmo/18 spikes-thanks for the compliments on my fox. the doubles was fun
jiano--for being a character thief (ripple made me do it)
dave/josh-was good to meet yall
sorry if I forgot people!
tournament went smoothly--gj urbana people!

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
just got back, what a tournament

shoutouts later

me and 18spikes recorded our entire doubles journey so prepare for some insane *** doc marth antics

Tink

Smash Hero
jus got back, tired, baked, bout to whoop tink so he can dream about it all night long.

sweet tourny grats dark!

<----this dope

Watty

Smash Lord
its official tink got his rocks polished by watty =D but ya this tourney was amazing 120 entrants in february in the MW? crazy with how bad weather can get, glad to see the old faces hopefully we can keep this going old school people represeenting dope brushing the sticks off getting 3rd 222 good.

i didnt lose to a fox in a set all day =D

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I consider this tournament a rousing success, because I didn't have to play a single Peach or Jigglypuff. Although everybody I played was like "I hate Ice Climbers" and it made me feel bad.

Shoutouts:

Zjinn - IC ditto in pools >_<. I thought Souroush was you at first since he played IC's. Your Samus would definitely have beat me easy.

BlackPanther - No hard feelings man. IC's just take some practice.

Climhazard/Zeus - So much camping that I thought I was in a national park. Good stuff nonetheless.

Big R - Your Falco is so good that my moves don't even come out.

Dr. Dude - I gotta tell you, I was so scared to play you because I'm bad against Ganon.

Souroush - WTF at freeze-glitching people. What is this, 2005?

Matt R and Tom R - Thanks for the housing and putting up with me calling so much on Friday. You guys
are too good at Smash and at life. Awesome showing at the tournament.

Dmac - Should have beat me in pools, must have been tough playing so many matches in a row.

Darkrain - If I could, I'd make a combo video with "Raindrops keep falling on my head" as the music.

Sliq - Your cosplay is best.

Ameer - Get well, get well soon.

A lot of people who I played but didn't get your names (I have a bad habit of this): You are all better than me.

People from St. Louis: I'll leave your shoutouts in the St. Louis thread.

Streets of Champaign - My driving skills got pwned hard by this city. Disappearing streets, one-way streets, roadblocks, signs that you CAN'T SEE at night, all manner of jaywalkers, roads that lead to the highway that can't get on the highway. Mindgames are overwhelming.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
What an awesome first tournament it was for me ^_^.

Definitely going to thank Tink, Zjiin, and Darkrain(although we didn't talk, I really enjoyed the match on YS) for our Falcon dittos. Definitely need to work on my tech chase and pick up the speed EVEN MORE.

Thank you everyone in my pools, for 0-2'ing me xD. Oranos, Soroush, Dew Rag, Daniel, funny name I can't remember, and Nekomancer(I think that's what it was), you guys make me want to play Melee even more now.

My biggest thanks goes out to Tomacawk and Ripple for coming and picking up the Peoria peepz who weren't going to be able to go because of ride issues, but you drove a nice distance to come pick us up! Can't thank you enough and it was awesome meeting you guys!

My last thanks goes out to the city of Champaign and how bizarre it was. In the morning it's a calm day with people running everywhere(Which I wish I could've done, but my gear was at home and I didn't want to be sweaty xP), but at night it's this amazing rave party with large lines and crap talking girls lol.

Darn good tournament, looking forward to another one!!!

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, i sucked it up lol....atleast noone can take teams from me =)....tink/chexr toooo good of a team....also, im bringing back the bird and shiek next tourny.....dope was dreamin all nightttt about the bad taste i left in his mouth in dittos =)..................shoutouts to come!

Tink

Smash Hero
i thought i would be warmed up after the tourny, guess i was too tired and drained so i got my **** pushed in LOL thats ok tho i didnt lose to jianos DK =)

im back baby!

<----dope

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
ey yo this **** was fun as hell. Kudos to a really well run tournament. I had a lot of fun and probably played as well as I have in awhile. Shoutouts l8er

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
It just occurred to me that Eddie and I were the only two attendees this weekend who had been to Snexus 1 (March 2003, my first tournament experience), and I think that goes for Snexus 2 and FoB 1 as well. Almost no one from those days/tournaments still plays Melee (a few of them play Brawl), but look at us two old guys still showing up. Eddie deserves props for still being good in addition to that.

Watty

Smash Lord
It just occurred to me that Eddie and I were the only two attendees this weekend who had been to Snexus 1 (March 2003, my first tournament experience), and I think that goes for Snexus 2 and FoB 1 as well. Almost no one from those days/tournaments still plays Melee (a few of them play Brawl), but look at us two old guys still showing up. Eddie deserves props for still being good in addition to that.
dope was i think a tourney behind u guys and my first was FOB2 but ya i thought about that 2

Myztek

Smash Ace
I had a lot of fun at this tournament. And I don't know who said it above me, but I was also extremely glad to not have to fight any Jiggs or Peaches.

Dope - I didn't even know who you were at first, but great stuff in pools. Your Falco is very weird.

Eddie - VERY close matches and very fun.

darkatma - You're the Sheik player I played in Loser's right? Sorry for being so gay on Corneria, LOL but I had to do it. Those were probably the most intense matches I had the whole tournament.

dekuscrub - Stupid Marth! Agh, I just can't fight Marth very well some times. You're really good, though.

Kels - Very patient Fox. Good stuff. I should have played some more with you.

Legan - Your Link is impressive. Really had me worried first match.

Dunno if I'm forgetting anything/anyone, but good stuff everybody.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
darkrain i told you before you left to win.

my prophecies always come true. Should have used DK

Top Bottom