• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 14

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys, shout-outs will come later, but here's a list of PM Singles videos. More videos will be coming (including some pools, Doubles videos, and friendlies), but I need to know who the players in Pool 3 were. Ripple, would you mind adding this list of videos somewhere in the OP?

Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF7EpQS-96inGL3OJCDec4qkNzBZJjGwT

WB1 - Fishburne (Ness) vs Scythe (Wolf)
WB1 - metroid (Ike) vs Arty (Ganon)
WB2 - Dart (Marth) vs Scythe (Wolf)
WB2 - metroid (Ike) vs Kirk (Bowser)
WS - Dart (Marth) vs Kirk (Bowser)
WS - ORLY (Fox) vs Oro (ZSS)
WF - Oro (ZSS) vs Dart (Marth)
LB3 - Kels (Fox/Falco) vs metroid (Charizard)
LQ - Kirk (Bowser) vs Strong Bad (DK)
LS - metroid (Ike) vs Strong Bad (DK)
LF - Oro (ZSS) vs Strong Bad (DK/Fox)
GF - Dart (Marth) vs Oro (ZSS)

Meneks

Smash Lord
Thanks again ihsb for fixing my controller, you also hands, down have the sickest Samus I've ever played

Big thanks to Tink for driving us, Its always fun to sesh.

Mundungu, pretty sure every time weve played in tourney its always only on Dreamland. Despite what i did in the tourney set. I had fun playing those few friendlies.

Frootloop - I didn't beat your marth ONCE in those friendlies toward the end of the night, I really think your marth is sick and I actually really enjoyed playing it, in a way it helped me gain a new perspective to how I play marth and also how I approach marth by using spacies.

Flux it was good seeing you, we got a decent amount of friendlies in with a less than decent amount of sleep.

Roux! that Cta bus card you gave me at smym actually served me some use RIGHT after the tourney, Kels dropped me off at a cta stop and I used it right there haha, Thanks, also I'm surprised you were in amateur bracket, pretty sure you can take matches off of me and I wouldnt think you would be considered that much of an amateur.

Ripple thanks for hosting, All I see are complaints and wasn't this your first tourney?
My only thing is that I wish there were more setups and a waived venue fee wouldve helped that.

Aside from all that I was really disappointed at the people in my pool who decided to sign up for melee and then decide that they didn't want to play anymore/leave considering pools were already kinda iffy to begin with, I had a pool of like 5 people and only played kels(who I came to the tournament with btw) and modern. IDEK what happened to Schwick and strongbad.

If you don't want to play melee, then don't enter the tourney, had these 2 not enter the tourney at all then maybe there would not have been a pool of 3 people -___-.

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
Great tournament, Ripple. People are complaining about issues, but as a fellow TO, I have no idea how you managed that many people and events in a single day anyways.

I only got to play you once in a friendly, but your Yoshi is quick.

Oh, and please don't enter me in as "Secrete" ever again lol :p

Looking forward to the next one.

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
The problem was ripple trying to organize everything alone, with some help from volunteers. A tourny expected to have around 100 people needs a dedicated staff of at least 3 people, its not ripples fault for seeding or timing poorly, but he should have asked for more help if he felt it was needed

Kyntakt

Smash Rookie
*sigh* **** the complaining, problems will get fixed. No point in there being a ****storm now.

Shoutouts to:

Master PPV/Priten - Thanks for all the friendlies, hopefully we can play more since we're around the same area.

j00t - for playing friendlies with some random scrub that was sitting alone

Cookiemonster - for friendlies with some random scrub that was wandering around

Strongbad - for the PM pool matches, and remembering who the scrub that you 4 stocked twice was

Ripple/Blake - for organizing the whole thing

Arty - for the games vs 0prz/Louis that made him feel better after his Melee pools

Metroid - for uploading the PM matches which i'm about to start watching after I hit post

anyone else i might've played at any point - for putting up with the scrub who pretends to play this game

GGWP all!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey man, everyone starts somewhere. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll improve if you have a passion for it. And it's great to have more players playing Project M, no matter how new!

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
Strong Bad, you sir have a sick nasty DK. I was enjoying the big guy getting far in the bracket. Now if I can just get Squirtle and Toon Link there, I'll be good!

Dart!

Smash Master
Shoutouts to all the tight ass sets I played last weekend.
Matt R I am so hungry for a rematch...amazing job man. Losing tight sets don't feel good when it happens but when you step back and think about how close it was I feel better :)

Trail you were on it man. Can't take anything away from you there...although you got lucky as **** boy the sun was in my eyes grease all over my ****ing controller

Jace thanks for teaming. We need some real practice if we wanna win as a team..hopefully again soon

StrongBad I was hoping to see a more positive attitude from you but you seemed grouchy all day :/ nice job in PM

Bzoo wtf dude I win in WFs and you roll me in Grands? GTFO cheater <3

Hindawg sorry I let you down and lost you money

TomR lucky *****!!!1!1 I got your ass next time in Mario dittos

Huge shoutout to all the sexy Ganon challenge participants
And anti shoutout to j00t for being a huge ***** about it :p

KOkingpin our set in PM was tight as hell when you went dedede good ****

Kirk your bowser is the ****. I definitely got lucky

Rats squirtle will be terrifying when he masters him OMG

Scythe our set was fun there was some unlucky **** but that happens GGs

Flux wolf you ***** me in game 3 of our MM despite me winning overall stay with it man you're good

Tink it was good to see you again and gg in doubles

IHSB GGs man, our sets are always exciting for everyone involved I feel.

Andale I'm glad you're back in town...just the motivation I need to get better.

Hey guys stop being huge f.aggots about how the tourney was run. Step up and help out instead of whining through your computer screens. Straight up not impressed with your ****ty attitudes at all.

Thanks for the tourney Blake

Congrats Kels in winning your first (and last as long as I'm around :p) SMYM I got your ass next year!

Peoria for riding with me :)

If I didn't list you sorry...feel free to hit me up!

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Well alrighty shout out time

j00t - You're truly a baller, driving us all the way up there, and paying for the hotel room/gas. Honestly words cannot can't do your awesomeness justice. Also congrats on getting 5th in dem melees, thats crazy duder

metroid - Dude....I was right, you're a pretty cool dude to hang out with, and you're really good at this game lol. Hopefully we'll get to hang out again soon, and hopefully Yoshiiscool will come with us next time, so I can witness some zard on zard action ;).

IhaveSpaceBalls - Why didn't we hang out really...we need to like do something next time lol, you scrumptious man you!

Fat Sandwich Co. - ....why isn't there a place like this in TN? Seriously I would gladly accept complete organ shut down for this place lol.

ORO - Man you're so good, like I can't believe I thought zss was bad before ha ha, but you're a real cool guy to hang with. Too bad those first games we had were so full of jank lol. Also, congrats on pretty much winning the tourney, that was awesome.

Viperboy - Yeah, we didn't really hang very much, but thanks again for that awesome housing offer. We would've been on that if joot hadn't went man mode and took care of everything, but again thanks for that, and hopefully that last minute bail out didn't inconvenience you too much.

StrongBad - It was pretty good really meeting you and getting some games in with you, I saw you at FC but we didn't really hang. Also good job on getting third, but maybe you should think about picking up donkeysalad to seal the victory, tossing that salad is too op!

To anyone else that I met and haven't mentioned, sorry but I'm awful with names lol. So just post about how that dashing pickle fellow forgot to mention you on his shout out post, and I'll add you yo.

Overall I had an awesome time, I was really disappointed that I didn't make it out of pools again, and sorry to anyone that tried to talk to me afterwards, lol I was a bit of a negative nancy after that. But I guess in reality, it wasn't so bad. Honestly the loss is just another lesson that I need to learn, that being I need to be smarter in my tournament play. I'm really glad I got to met some of crazy folks, because I really love the smash community, even though some of those smashers guys can be tards.

Uncle Daniel

Smash Rookie
Shout outs, even though I don't know anyone and no one knows me.

Hazard2kD: thanks for the encouragement and advice, this tourney has really encouraged me to get better at something besides tech. Thanks for the compliment in the shout out btw.

ORLY: you were super chill in PM pools and thanks for advice as well. That Madison tourney is actually during the weekend I'm playing MTG in Milwaukee, so I won't see you there, but hope to see you at other midwest stuff.

Roux and Old Nate: I feel less bad about 3rd in amateurs knowing that my losses got first and second. GGs both.

Guy with coconut shirt whose name I forget: thanks for clearing up rules, for the friendlies, and for the advice about mindsets.

Kirk: your bowser was a beast, glad to see you did well in PM. Too bad our melee sets were rife with suicides.

Had a sweet time at my first real tourney, got absolutely demolished as I knew I would, but still had a great time. Hope to get to more midwest tourneys over the rest of spring and hopefully finish a little better.

Jace08

Smash Lord
just realized I forgot to give you a shoutout king siegfried. We had some fun friendlies friday night! Keep up that peach I see it getting faster and faster every tourney

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
Dude, Rat, totally forgot how we had the epic Squirtle dittos. Someone who shares the love of the best fighter in PM. I loved how we were just talking about his entire metagame when we spoke. Hopefully you will get online sometime soon and get my code so we can fight!

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Black Panther: good **** beating me in pools, I'm glad i was able to get revenge in winners bracket.

Mundungu: real close set in pools, you're improving. You and Black Panther made me step my ****ing game up.

Kels: too good, per ussual. lets do some work in Michigan next week, gotta rep the midwest.

ORLY: Always fun pwning you, get that weak ass luigi outta my face. Good **** making Tom salty as ****.

Scythe: GGs, too bad I didn't get to enter pm and **** you.

IHSB: Close set, I got revenge from MIST. You started trying to close me out when you were up big and it let me make the comeback in both games.

J00T: Use your low tiers, those things ****. Your falcon is really good, you just don't know the IC matchup at all.

Dart: Close set, I'm glad I got you back for that ****ing Balboa you put on me last smym we played at. Pretty impressive **** winning PM singles.

Oro: You're getting top 3 at tournaments? now i know i need to get more into pm, that **** is free as ****.

Matt R: I think this is the first time you've beaten me in a tournament game. Mabye i'll just go ganon and **** you next time.

Hoefler/311: good seein you out here my man, good **** making it out of pools. HOT FOREVER

Fluxwolf: good seeing you and playing you at carey's place.

Jace: good seein you out there, good **** ****** us in teams.

TJ: fun teaming with you man, thx for letting us come chill the night before. See you at the bachelor party baby we gONNNA DIIIEEEE

BigC: good **** traveling with me, our movie convos were interesting.

Tink: step it up

Ripple: thx for TOing, I had a lot of fun at this tournament. Plenty of setups and games to play :)!

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Damn Oro, good job man.

Really wish I could have came to this, was a bad weekend for me, lol.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
wish I was there guys.

RIP: My bowl, which was taken from me at 2 in the morning as I was exiting Captain Pr0n's automobile. Weather mind gamesss
bummer dave.

grats kelly smith
tink what the **** is going on? are you a washed up old man now?
trail gj on second, impressive showing
dart not getting 1st= not legit
u suck or something

gj orly

blake you're gunna need to be able to handle criticism, looks like the tournament was ran poorly. It's (as far as I know) your first tournament so you have to acknowledge **** was ****ed up and learn from that. Nobody is insulting you personally, merely how the tournament was ran. How you handle it can change things a lot. And you should take sanchaz up on his offer for next year. Running a regional (alone?) and playing in it are not easy. Only experienced mafuggas get away withat (eg andy)

love and miss you midwest.
<3 tomacawk

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
AWWW ****. Forgot a shoutout.

Chewy - Thanks for like, always being at the TO desk it seemed. I didn't recognize you AT ALL man. So used to a fro! Thanks for helping out brother :)

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
slightly washed up....i only get good games outta me for the first half of a day lollll...by singles bracket, my old ass is too damn tired always..the ppl i played around teams time kno whats up =D.......but i aint hating, ill continue to fight that fight untill im at top 3 again =D....

had lots of fun here....lots of great/old faces, shout-outs to come later!

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
dart/trail/matt - I will get singles revenge
tink&kels - I will get doubles revenge
tom - I will get mario revenge

everyone I beat - you will not get revenge

terribly organized & run, fun anyway

ggz

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys, here's the rest of the PM videos I have. Unfortunately, I lost some of the friendlies that were recorded, but I don't know where they went... I even downloaded some software to restore deleted items, but I still couldn't find them =/.

Project M Friendlies (Playlist)
Nap (G&W) vs Scythe (Wolf) 1-2
Nap (G&W) vs Rat (Squirtle) 1-3
metroid (Ike) vs Mr. Pickle (Wario) 1-3
metroid (Ike) vs Alex (Wolf) 1-3
metroid (Charizard) vs Mr. Pickle (Wario) 1-5
metroid (Charizard) vs Alex (Wolf) 1-4
metroid (Charizard) vs Alex (Falco) 1

Anyway, time for shout-outs!

Ripple - People are hating on you for how you ran the tournament, but I wanted to thank you for putting it together; without your time and effort, we wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet in the first place. Thanks for everything you've done to make this event a reality <3.

Kels - Good job winning Melee, I'm sorry that you weren't playing your best in PM though =/.

Dart - Congratulations on getting to Grand Finals for PM! I'm sad we didn't get to play, but maybe next time.

Oro - Your ZSS is super fun to watch, keep up the good work! We gotta get more friendlies in next time, and I want to see how the Ike vs. ZSS match-up plays out!

Strong Bad - Your DK is super scary! I know you weren't that pleased with how you did, but great job on placing 3rd. You should come to more Chicagoland tournaments so you can get a better handle on the ZSS vs. DK match-up :p.

metroid - You suck man, practice more!

ORLY - I'm sad you had to forfeit, I wanted to play you =/. It's been a long time since we played Melee friendlies, I gotta play you again sometime!

Kirk - Your set with Strong Bad was the most entertaining set I saw all day. Keep repping the Bowser, I hope to see you at your next set of biweeklies!

KOKingpin - It was great to finally meet you and the other TN players, you guys are legit and super fun to hang out with. Your D3 and Ganon are super scary, I was totally at a loss about how to fight your D3 haha. Hopefully next time we can meet somewhere that's closer to home for you guys!

Tink - Sorry that you totally got janked in the end of our set =/. We should play more fiendlies next time so you can get a better handle on the match-up and then start beating me like you should!

Scythe - We had some good friendlies man, it was fun to hang out with you again. Hopefully I'll be able to see you and the IL community more now that I'm done with student teaching.

Arty - We barely played or hung out except for that one tournament set =/. I hope I get to play more friendlies with you next time, I don't think I've done that in a while!

Rat - Your Squirtle is super cute, PLEASE stick with him and show us what he can do! Thanks for playing friendlies with Nap and me, that was a lot of fun. Sorry that the footage we had got lost though =/.

Hazard - Congrats on beating Nap in pools, that was really close set and a crazy finish.

Sanchaz - I'm glad we got to chat for a bit, too bad we didn't play any friendlies though =/. Hopefully I'll see you if I go to the IMDB in April.

Alex - It was a lot of fun playing friendlies with you man; as I said before, you, KOKingpin, and Mr. Pickle are really fun to hang out with. Keep up with the Wolf, I hope I get to play you guys again someday!

Fishburne - Sorry for getting your name screwed up so many times in the YouTube videos >.>. I noticed your Ness destroying people in friendlies, I wish I had jumped in and gotten some games with you! Maybe next time though =/.

Mr. Pickle - We didn't get to MM after all, but you were a lot of fun to hang out with. Your Wario was so scary, it was frightening trying to learn the match-up when it was clear that you had Zard experience from playing Yoshiiscool haha. Good games, I hope to hang out with you guys again someday!

Norm - I'm sorry that pools were so rough and for pulling you away from watching Winner's Finals =/. Good games though, I'll probably see you at the next biweekly!

Oven - Good **** man, I was super impressed by your performance considering it was your first tournament. Keep it up, it's great to see new faces in the community!

Hoeffler - Sorry for getting you confused with other people, that was my bad >.>. Good games in pools though, it was good to finally play you!

Anyone I forgot - I'm sorry, there were so many faces and names x_x. Good games to you all though, this was a lot of fun.

EDIT: Whoops, good catch Strong Bad >.>.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'll hold another event in the summer if that's ok with you guys, to try and make it up to you. It won't have the SMYM name to it though.

8 pools is going in the rules.

sandwiches will be made

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
I'll hold another event in the summer if that's ok with you guys, to try and make it up to you. It won't have the SMYM name to it though.

sandwiches will be made
there it is bro!! get that TO practice in. I'm sure people wanna come (although I doubt you'd get regoinal attention), and nobody is gunna look back at this like the peef fiasco or the plank (that was his name? pound 3 or w/e) disaster because you're handling it well now and the community will grow together from this learning experience
I love all of you guys. forreal. miss everybody so much. where was vro?
jace are you ownage now? I woulda beat you at wherever that was but johns

metroid1117

Smash Master

sandwiches will be made
I'd be totally down for that, but you don't have to try to "make it [us];" IMHO you don't owe us anything, I think you provided us a service by putting in your time and effort to organize everything with the venue and put the event together.

there it is bro!! get that TO practice in. I'm sure people wanna come (although I doubt you'd get regoinal attention), and nobody is gunna look back at this like the peef fiasco or the plank (that was his name? pound 3 or w/e) disaster because you're handling it well now and the community will grow together from this learning experience
I love all of you guys. forreal. miss everybody so much. where was vro?
jace are you ownage now? I woulda beat you at wherever that was but johns
I think Vro had other plans, but he was originally planning on going.

Kyntakt

Smash Rookie

sandwiches will be made
I'm totally willing to help out with anything organizationally, I'm a lot better at that than actually playing and it would leave you free to actually play without having to worry about the bracket. Just let me know if you need anyone! Thanks for doing this again :D

Top Bottom