• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 13 Results and Shoutouts Thread!!!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
XD @ Jace entering as Jace Attorney. Phoenix Wright too good.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I have about another hour and 40 minutes of singles footage in those larger files. Look out for those in the next few days. I'm still quite exhausted from yesterday, so I'm gonna take a break from splitting and uploading files for now. Hopefully you guys can see GFs, LFs, WFs, and a bunch of other sets on my channel now.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Brief shoutouts because I'm lazy:

Bertbusdriver and the other TOs: Thanks so much for hosting this tournament and keeping it organized and running on time. I will definitely do my best to come to another SMYM if you host it again.

Dart- congrats, man! I think you could very well be the best Marth main right now.

Kels and Rat- It was fun playing you guys the night before. Congrats on your placings.

Jeff: I don't think we did too bad for not having teamed in a long time.

Strongbad: I completely underestimated you and I got rocked for it. Good ****, dude.

Tomaluke: Sorry for seeming so salty after our matches. Those were good games and you deserved the wins.

Jace + Z: Good stuff in teams. It was fun playing you both

Viperboy: We never got to play friendlies :( next time for sure

Meneks: Always fun hanging out with you, man.

GGs all around. Very fun tournament.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
I've uploaded all of the files for singles that were individually separated by set. I will split and upload the large video files soon...
I wanna see. Whats your youtube?

OAN: Thank you for the shout outs Battlecow and Tomacawk (Luke/Tonk). It was really nice metting you and Ripple. The friendlies I had during the tourney with (sorry If I don't remeber your names or tags) the Red Link player, Radar, Smeesh, Massive, guy with the BK hat, Battlecow, Kels, Bieber, Andele, Black Panther, Gooey Banana, Dart and anyone else I may be forgetting.

Also LOL at my pool having 5 Falcon Mains and 1 St. Louis falco player: ME, Darkrain, Mr. Toast, Bert Bus Driver, Orly, and the Falco Bro.

j00t

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

1: Dart : Holy **** you're so good. I'm sad we didn't get to play, I guess you were too busy destroying everyone :p

2: Kels : Every time I ask you for a money match I end up playing terribly. I was really hoping to beat spaceballs so I could play you while I was doing good. Maybe one day...

3: Darkrain : Argh, we didn't play again. Hopefully next time?

4: IHSB : That dance was awesome. Good games, you destroyed me the second game. It was also a pleasure riding up with you and hanging out.

5: TheJesterofTortuga (Tink) : We didn't get to play. :(

7: AnDaLe : Was good seeing you again bro. Hope we get to play more in the future.

7: Tyser : I've never played anyone from Nebraska before. You're really good. It sucked that you sd'd twice, hopefully next time we'll both be in top form.

9: ORLY : You did really well as always. You came in like 3rd in my eyes :p

9: Rat : Good matches in pools. Should have gone falcon :x

9: Jace Attorney : Good games man. G&W is a tricky fellow :p

13: Oro : We had some nice friendlies. Falcon dittos suck! :(

13: Dekuschrub : I know I could have taken a match off of you in pools! I missed a very easy knee... I was so embarassed >_>

13: Tom R : That mario is scary dude. Good games.

17: Matt R : Our set was really close. Randal ****ed us up a few times, but fortunately for me he ****ed you up last :p

17: viperboy : Good money match, need to work on my spacies matchups.

25: Strong Bad : Good games, was surprised to see Sheik from you. I'm glad I don't play G&W only :p

33: Ripple : Roy sucks.

33: moogle : Sucks that we had to play so early, even though they changed the bracket for us. Thanks for driving us up and being awesome.

33: hindawg : Our set was close, you did some amazing work at the end though. I need to step my game up next time!

To the TOs: Thanks for keeping an amazing series alive, and thanks for the hard work you did. I'm definitely coming back for the next one.

Wake

Smash Master
Shout Outs:

Ripple- Probably should've stayed DK in our set. It was fun though! Good job making bracket and stuff!

SmashDaddy- Our set was pretty silly. I had to suicide kill you the last stock to win. :p Looking forward to our rematch.

Quaz- Doubles was so much fun, and we actually did well. I would totally do this again if you wanted to. I'm not sure how we'd place again, but I think we had good synergy and stuff. I was the more aggressive one, so I would run in there and fight, but then jump behind you when I needed protection. I think there were times when we both sort of played a little bad, but we usually covered each other when that was happening well. We'll get out MM next time! Maybe in Madison next month?

John- Fun matches! I'm glad I finally got to play you. I told you Sheik is a lame MU!

Matt R- Our set was fun. I've been wanting to try my hand against you and your brother for a while now. Good job! I'll win next time. ;)

Lemon- Man, keep playing and you'll be fine.

Mundungu- That first match was scary, and I think we both SD'd. I'm so glad you went Ganon the second game. I have a lot of experience in that MU.

Deku- Well... I'll try harder next time! Good job in doubles too.

Orly- I'm glad we got a couple friendlies in at least. Good job! I hope we get to play more soon.

Vino- Oh Puff. Fun matches at the venue and at Mundungu's place. I hope we can play soon too.

Frootloop- Your Fox was harder for me than your Falco, which I think is a combination of a few different things. Good job anyways!

Sanchaz- I'm glad we got a bunch of friendlies in. It's always fun to play you. I'll be ready for Sheik, so good luck.

14K- I wish we would've played... I was rooting for you against Frootloop though.

Amanze- Madison next month?

Flux- Your pool was sooo hard. Sheesh. Next time.

RRR- Same to Flux. Glad you beat Massive in Kirby dittos!

TO's Awesome tourney! It was run really well, and you guys seemed friendly and stuff! I don't know you guys by name though. :urg: Well I saw Sirlasor, but I don't know who Bertbusdriver was...

Can't wait for the next one! Sorry if I forgot someone! Oh yeah, good job Dart!

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
Awesome time guys. I was kind of discouraged when I didn't make bracket, but it was fun watching all the matches and learning.

Tyser - holy fvcking ****. I honestly didn't know you were that good. Top 4 in my heart at least. Your set against dart was so nerve wrecking... I was putting my hand over my mouth the entire time. Good thing u got so much jbm marth practice =)

Fluxwolf - intense set in pools man. I don't thing u missed a single waveshine to grab haha. Our pool was ridiculous.... Sucks u didn't make it out =(

Triple R - how the fvck do I fight a kirby?! Lol, second match srry for playing gay and sorta camping... I just didn't know what to do lol.

Rat - I knew u were really good since tyser keeps on hyping u up. I came into our match in pools already knowing that I was gonna get ***** lol. Every time I hit you or comboed you, I was like... Whoah... No way I'm actually hitting this guy. Then I would approach you knowing I was going to get punished because in my mind, I thought I you should be ****** me. Anyways, thanks for not missle spamming on stadium... U saw that I didn't know how to handle it and u stopped lol =)

Dekuschrub - falco may very well be unbeatable. U were probably sandbagging me first match. But second match u wrecked me pretty hard and probably figured out I have a hard time dealing with lasers lol. Good game.

Jbm - sucks u had to play against tyser. I think deep down u wanted him to win =)

Dart - its inspiring to see a marth win a tournament. Your style is pure sex. I really wanted to play u after I remember getting ***** by u at POE cause I've been getting a lot better. Suck there was no time =(

Kels - Good **** against darkrain man. his rain was pretty dark, but you were even darker <3 jkjk. intense set against David's falco too... probably caught u off guard how good nebraska can be haha. PS. I still remember beating u in a $1 money match at Vro's house against ur shiek... although, there were some... "handicaps" =)

:phone:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Dart vs Darkrain is one of my favorites sets ever. Can't even remember the last time I got to see a top-level Marth vs a top-level Falcon... it was refreshing to see the great American matchup being played on the big stage.

Jace08

Smash Lord
really fun tourney! props to bert and everyone who helped host. There better be another smym!

Dart- congrats on the win, darkrain will get you next time tho :p
Kels- my favorite fox for sure, it's so fast and smart! Glad to hear you're gonna stick with him. Also craaap we never got to play friendlies like usual, next time
Darkrain- was really great to see and play you again. You were sooo close to getting first! It was just a few key moments there that ruined your momentum. You still did amazing, thanks for being the midwest's hero
IHSB- best samus on earth. steak & shake shenanigans were hilarious
tink- uuuuuaaaagh I hate sheik so much lol. but ggs and good stuff
j00t- game and watch what the craaaaaaap lol. I guess I should learn the matchup or something ><. You're really good and deserved the win
AnDaLe- I suck for not remembering your face ><. ggs in teams and we should play friendlies next time!
Tyser- wow you went on a rampage this tourney! great job dude, that last charge shot against fruitloop was too hype
ORLY- was fun to talk and play with ya, ggs. That sucks that you lost to top 2 lol
Frootloop- we should play friendlies next time! nice falco dude
Dekuschrub- ggs dude. I was watching you in teams and you were doing some amazing stuff!
Tomacawk- was good to see ya dude
amanze- I enjoyed our friendlies a lot too; ggs in pools dude and nice job in bracket.
The Good Doctor- you really surprised me in pools, sucks about your sd. Keep up that sheik
viperboy- shoulda played some friendlies with you
JBM- sucks that you had to play kels then tyser... I always love watching your marth, keep it up
David Cue- nice job taking a match off kels!
Strong Bad- sucks that we had to play so early. how do you beat people with dk lol
Majik- glad I got to talk to you a little, it's been too long
Bieber- you've got great potential man, fun friendlies. Just keep learning like you are and you'll be tearing up the bracket in no time
Smashdaddy- fun friendlies man, very fast fox
smeesh- sucks that you weren't quite playing as good as usual. You'll destroy the bracket next time!
Cookiemonsta- was happy I got to see you again; man your bracket was really tough. keep trainin!
Alcheato- yep ggs in teams dude, it was fun
john- ggs man, your match in pools against the good doctor had me on the edge of my seat!
ballin- sucks about pools dude. I feel like once you overcome a few mental obstacles you'll be well on your way
kc crew- best dudes ever
phoenix wright- thanks for keeping me entertained there and back

Kels88

Smash Lord
Damn just watched grand finals. I take back my statement about Sheik not being able to beat marth. I messed up so many times that set. Still good **** Dart.

BIG C

Smash Master
I returned, I sucked, the end.

It was really awesome to see all the old school people and meet all the new school people that I met at this.

Viperboy/Smeesh/StrongBad/Gooey - Good **** on 2-0ing me in pools, guys.

Dart!

Smash Master
Shoutouts!

First off i want to thank the TO staff, without you guys this tournament never would have happened. Thank you guys <3
Kels: good games, yeah you messed up alot but to be fair i did too. my punishes were just good enough to win. Next time i hope you stay true to your main and we can have real matches.

Darkrain: Wow, how did i win? Double knee to finish game 3? Unfortunately i didn't feel a thing after that. GG's

IHSB: We did play a few friendlies and got to talk for a few minutes. Always a pleasure seeing you. I've come a long way since SMYM9

Tink: I really don't think you guys need to play sheik to beat me. It's not your main. Play fox.

J00t: Goddamn you got fifth? Good ****. Although, i noticed you played falcon more. I'm sad

Andale: Anthony anthony anthony...shield rest would have gotten you into the finals :(

Tyser: This guy almost beat me first round. Almost doesn't cut it though. Gotta take me out next time.

Orly: You're almost there Vegeta, you got this next time.

Raticate: Solid performance. I was hoping you would be the highest placing samus though :(

Jace: Great to see you but we never played except in doubles...WTF?

Fruitloop: Ouch, first game was rough. Second game was yours to lose though. GG's what happened in losers?

Oro: It's me, not the character. Good to see you...you were looking pretty sharp.

Dekuschrub: Dang, what happened chosen one? Nice work in doubles...until the finals.

Tom R: I'm surprised you guys didn't do better. Should have went falcon vs andale

Tomacawk: 13th?! after not playing for almost two years thats amazing. Great to see you again

Me14k: Good to see you again matt, surprised you still are pretty good man. Don't stop!

The Good Doctor: It was nice seeing you again too Jeffy. Nice hat.

Matt R: Rough tourney for you huh? :/

ViperMAN: Great that we at least got to talk. And thanks for the heads up before my set with darkrain.

JBM: What happened? You're wayyy better than this. Although you said you weren't playing as much i think?

Mundungu: Good to see you again brian. Can't wait till we actually play in bracket!

StrongBad: DK?! nice job making it to bracket and doing some work

Radar: Don't give up on your main. Ever.

Ripple: Main a character better than low tier. thank you for the housing <3

Dmac: Rough stuff. Good to see you again and nice work in doubles.

SmashDaddy: I saw you but we never talked.

CaptainPr0n: Peoria!!! nice job making bracket.

Lemon: You took a game off me, what happened in bracket?

Moogle: It's interesting to think that three SMYMs ago i got raaaaped by you. Nice job in doubles.

Smeesh: What happened? :/

Cookiemonsta: Great seeing you again Karl. You're impressing me everytime.

Sanchaz: I hope this tells you not to bet against me anymore.

Hindawg: Thanks for the talks and the practice eric. your advice to go double fox was fantastic.

Alcheato: Told you i was keeping up and look what happens. Nice to see you again

Quaz: GG's in doubles, nice to see you again!

Great tourney guys, not bad for my comeback. Unfortunately i'm still not going to have as much time as i used to for tournaments but i'm far from done.

Rat

Smash Lord
Bertbusdriver and TO staff:
Great job! We got done by 12. Bracket was made promptly. There was a stream and recording. All that stuff is hard. Mad respect.

1: Dart - Good **** dart. You defeated some killers at this thing.
2: Kels - I'm not envious of your position. Getting Second Place is like super good but like not winning feels like you under performed. Also I enjoy cheering for you, cause it's like cheering for the Empire.
3: Darkrain - You seem awesome.
4: IHSB - Thanks for the game Jack! I feel like I played sort of bad at some points (like I just got hit by some dumb missiles.) But I was excited to just have a Samus ditto against you in bracket. Doesn't happen every day. Also I'm really impressed with your wavedashes into stuff. You like don't drop frames. And I'm stealing some of the stuff I saw you do.
5: TheJesterofTortuga (Tink) - Dammit wayne. Obv gj and stuff, but I wish you'd do better.
5: j00t - ggs in pools. I do think I would have beaten your falcon in pools though =P. Also your an awesome guy and have a great attitude. Look forward to playing you again =D.
7: AnDaLeb- I got *****. Sorry i was upset after. Though that happens. ggs u ****.
7: Tyser - Good **** tyser! I love your style. Like soo safe (More confidence though!) I've stopped trying to play that way and embrace more risk. So seeing your samus play was refreshing.

A few thoughts/Lessons from Vro:
- One way to think of Samus' grab is in terms of mix-up percents. Like 70% attack 30% grab. The percentages should be more in depth and complicated but it's just to express the idea that it's creates sort of a circle. The Safe Moves sort of makes the Risky Moves safe. The Risky stuff keep you unpredictable. Unpredictability makes your safe moves hit more often. Which makes them scared of the safe moves and go back into the risk.

9: ORLY - Thanks for teaming! I'm not forgetting about the $10. Also I'm super broke so maybe we can work something out. (Like I can make you a video or something?)
9: Rat - Do better next time!
9: Jace Attorney - We didn't play but I remember playing last SMYM and that you are awesome.
9: Frootloop - Great job! But also, Frank, I'm a little disappointed. You can do better than 9th.
13: Oro - Bzoo, I feel like you need to be less nice (sympathetic and reasonable) and kill more people.
13: Dekuschrub - Ggs. Felt like you weren't at maximum power. It's also a bit weird to me that you seem like a super **** on the boards but super awesome and cool in person. lol
13: Tom R - Wtf mario is too good.
13: Tomacawk - We didn't play and only shared a few words but you rock!
17: Deepak - ?
17: Me14k - Didn't play =(
17: The Good Doctor - Good stuff and Do better Jeff. (Thanks for the ride. You're brother is loud.)
17: Wake - ?
17: Matt R - Don't lose to samus.
17: viperboy - Close set dude. I feel like your intelligence as a player gets in the way of Falco. He's got safe options to punish pretty much everything. You don't need to take risks like Smash Attacks in the middle of the stage. Even if you're right and it kills.
17: Salt - GGs in doubles.
17: JBM - Thanks for all the friendlies. Do you write or have a blog or something? You are incredibly thoughtful and intelligent and I want to know more of what you think.
25: David Cue - You're falco was real good.
25: Massive - We Didn't play =(. You rock.
25: Mundungu - You rock
25: Strong Bad - Seem super nice.
25: Radar - We didn't play either =(.
25: FEAR or MegaChuk - Wasn't sure who I was playing friendlies at the end. (Sorry =(.) But whoever it was. Those were fun. You seem awesome. good stuff.
33: Vino - ggs. puff....
33: Ripple - DK!
33: Bieber - The bieber?! GJ!!
33: Dmac - 33rd place?! I'm a bit shocked. GGs thought. Sorry to missile camp ganon. I have to do it though.
33: Smashdaddy - I love your fox dude. You can get there!
33: Captain Pron - GGs. You rock.
33: Lemon - Awesome chatting. Just an good dude.
33: moogle - GJ in teams!
33: sanchaz - wtf I watched a video of you playing in marvel. I could see some fox in the Zero.
33: hindawg - Sup eric.
33: Alcheato - Did you play all Doc this tournament? Cuase it's good
33: Meneks - Awesome talking in the ride. You are a cool guy. You mentioned something about Kels, how he's a couple levels above you, and you'll try to beat him when you are at that level. In all seriousness, **** that ****. **** that attitude. Play like you are the best. Believe you can beat anyone. I know it's unreasonable. I know it's kind of stupid. But it's true. You can win. Acting like you can will make you play better and learn more.
33: Quaz - Ggs. Fun MM. Want some revenge cause that peach is good.

Scar

#HarveyDent
sad i missed this tourney -- i didn't know it was the return of SMYM! good **** dart, kels and dark are beasts, i'm sure it was hard earned. excited for vids, and to play you guys at the next big thing.

darkrain - <3

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
my bracket was rigged for a sheik to tear through it...puff, peach, samus, samus, falcon, marth

fortunately im bad

10/10 will fox again

Top Bottom