• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 13 Results and Shoutouts Thread!!!

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Damn, j00t just ran through losers like it was nothing. What happened First round?
See OP. We had an awkward amount of time where 64 man bracket wouldn't work, and 32 would end pretty fast. I think a first round bye is pretty good incentive not to **** around in pools if you're a top player that should always be getting 1st in pools

I forgot a shoutout-shoutout to the TOs for letting tink be the jester of tortuga but not allowing me to be tonk
you muver fuggers
He preregistered as that. GGs in doubles man.

I would like to see a Top 10 Plays from this. I can totally put something like that together.

@Reneblade would you be interested in doing the commentary and making a list for that?

@BertbusDriver is there a way I can get a hold of the recorded footage? I can Screen Capture it from Twitch.tv or Youtube but then the quality sucks.
Yeah. I can send it to you over the interwebs somehow. Otherwise, I'll just bring my laptop and a usb drive to the next Chicago area tourney I go to and give it to you then.

What channel will vids be uploaded to?

Did Joot really main Game and Watch at this?
youtube.com/echizenwaswrong

joot went falcon too. Not sure how much he played G&W besides his match vs. Jace.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I went gnw vs strong bad too but he cp'd sheik. What a ****!
the **** is DK supposed to do
i am convinced that DK loses this MU until I get to play you again

good **** though, that g&w is DAMN good. your loser's bracket is one of the most impressive runs I've ever seen

bertbusdriver: please upload bracket images and send me the tio file so I can upload it to the player database =)

Mundungu

Smash Lord
This tournament was a ton of fun as usual. Shoutouts to Bert for picking up the rains on this and running a great tourney, and to Sirlaser for housing us. Thanks a ton for that!

Also awesome stuff to Frootloop repping WI. The rest of us got some work to do still.

Huge shouts to the samus army repping the midwest. The top 12 breakdown for characters this tourney is too good:

:falcon: - 4
:samus2: - 3
:marth: - 2
:fox: - 2
:sheik: - 2
:jigglypuff: - 1
:falco: - 1

<3 midwest

Full shoutouts later after passing out etc.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
chris - I accepted your high five when you said you outplaced me. You were wrong. You owe me one high five.

deku - good work in teams.

dart - someday I'll learn marth vs falco neutral game and we'll actually play. Good stuff against everyone. Deserved the 1st place.

tyser - you were fun to play. I'll getcha next time.

WI - you already know

TO staff - tourney went really well, thx for housing too!

other dudes I played: ggs
dudes I didn't play: play me next time

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
chris - I accepted your high five when you said you outplaced me. You were wrong. You owe me one high five.

deku - good work in teams.

dart - someday I'll learn marth vs falco neutral game and we'll actually play. Good stuff against everyone. Deserved the 1st place.

tyser - you were fun to play. I'll getcha next time.

WI - you already know

TO staff - tourney went really well, thx for housing too!

other dudes I played: ggs
dudes I didn't play: play me next time
LMAO
Shout outs when I have time.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
good **** to all who played i'm just happy to have made it out of pools again

unfortunately i remember names like i remember foreign languages so....... shout outs aren't really my thing

it was fun to everyone i played i need to practice a lot more.

woulda like to see tyser win so i guess i'll have to push hard till next time :)

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
forgotten shoutout-
fluxwolf- fun seeing you Kyle. I'm sorry your tournament performance wasn't as you had hoped but I had fun talking smash with you and hanging out in general. Always happy to see your face ol' buddy ol' pal
lolll thanks man.. i just couldnt beat j00t/rat/deku :(

rough pool i guess but its my fault for not being good enough to beat them.

resTy

Smash Champion
Dart - Our set was pretty entertaining and really close. Congratz on the victory, champ.

j00t - I wish I didn't SD in our set so many times. No johns though. You're really good.

Rat - Your info on match-ups and grabbing advice helped me get as far as I did. Thanks, bro.

Frootloop - Had my most entertaining set vs. you. It was hype.

Tomacawk - Chillest person I only briefly got to talk to at the tourney. Good games, du.

MegaChuk - You were the only Sheik I had to play and it was pretty scary.

Sanchaz - I enjoyed our set even though it ended how it did. Hope there's no hard feelings. GGs.

Quaz - Solid Peach, man. I have almost no experience in that match-up so it was fun playing you and trying to figure it out. Good games, as always.

KC Crew - We should hang out more.

Nebraska Crew - You guys are cool. A shame this is my last tournament.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
holy **** j00t

also, wtf are these old school names. Who the **** are those Tomacawk and Meneks guys?

Meneks

Smash Lord
GGs to everyone I played in doubles/singles(pools/bracket)/friendlies. Everyone I played had a unique style which was pretty cool..

There were quite a few technical players at this and it made me bring out my fox more, playing fast people is always fun.. But its still Falco4Lyf33

This was a pretty good tournament and fun seeing people from all around, I'm sure the next one would be pretty cool

Puffinator

Smash Ace
I did pretty poorly at this, but I don't think it's too shabby for only going to 2 tournaments a year

Only 3 shoutouts-

Frank- Good job in teams bro

Rob mothertrucking Gambino- I didn't get to see your yoshi

Dart- Im really glad I finally got to friendly you. I think you were still a little angry about teams when we played, but 600 dollars quickly changed that LOL congrats on winning...it's nice to see a marth win

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Just a heads up it's gonna take me at least 4 or 5 days to get all the videos up because this the last week of school before spring break so lots of crap i gotta do. Plus I need to split up a few of the huge hour-long files.

I'm gonna take care of singles first even though I've already uploaded 3 doubles matches.

My channel is youtube.com/user/echizenwaswrong

j00t

Smash Champion
j00t - I wish I didn't SD in our set so many times. No johns though. You're really good
You are good as well! Was really surprised. Samus is definitely hard for me right now (As IHSB demonstrated). Gotta go to the lair and practice.

I'm looking forward to playing you again.

Dart!

Smash Master
I'm getting so hot and bothered awaiting the videos. I want to save my shoutouts for later.
But Preliminary shoutout to the T.O. Staff for being great and respectable at this tournament. You ran it smooth, and you ran it quick. Thanks again guys <3

john!

Smash Hero
firstly, as a general shoutout, i'll say sorry if i seemed mildly irritated/grouchy at this tourney. the reason was because i didn't make it out of pools due to a 3-way tie for 2nd place (with 2 people who both placed 17th) and felt that i got robbed. but in retrospect, the way it was decided was completely fair and i got to play a bunch of friendlies anyway.

people in my car - you all rock
dart - best marth main
kels - play fox. only fox.
j00t - i thought i had a good g&w, but yours is on another level. definitely watching your vids
good doctor - closest set i've played in ages, and one of the most educational for me as a player
minnesota - you guys ****, thanks for hanging out friday night
strong bad - your dk was really solid lol, i have tons of fun playing vs. low tiers
quaz - mad

Kels88

Smash Lord
1st Dart - GGs Dart. Your Marth really has gotten a lot better since last time i played it. lol i don't even know why but it feels like the matchup is impossible for Sheik. Guess you're just too good at it. you alone have turned me back into a fox main. Congrats on the 1st!!!
2nd Kels - You suck:(
3rd Darkrain - Good **** man. Your little pep talk after i lost in winners really helped me. I was so frustrated i just wanted to forfeit the rest of my matches. Sorry i couldn't win Smym tho. guess it just isn't meant for me to win one of these. See you at the next one.
4th IHSB - Man i think i just got way too much Samus practice. It feels so easy for Sheik. Was great seeing you again though. Get that Sheik practice so i don't win next time.
5th Tink - lol Tink idk why you fox dittoed me. I thought for sure you'd go Marth 1st game. Your Falco was putting in work tho. My third stock got ***** so hard:( So glad we won teams tho. that was honestly the hardest teams bracket i think i've ever been through.
5th Joot - Damn Joot. i didn't even know GaW could get down like that. I was really impressed by it. And knocking out the bros. Too good.
7th Andale - Holy ****!!! lol that's about all that comes to mind when i think of your puff. It's way too good. I was scared the entire set. And last time we played my Sheik ***** your puff. seems like i got mindgamed. ggs tho. Looking forward to playing you and Dart more often.
9th Orly - Damn Chris. got so unfortunate losing to 1st and 2nd. I shouldn't have gotten knocked into losers so early but hey man it's darkrain. lol good **** making top ten tho. glad to see you do well here
9th Rat - Good **** Rat!
9th Jace - Jace that gaw seemed like it was hard as hell to fight againt. and it has tricky *** animations to make it look vulnerable when it's not. lol even i was getting confused by half the **** that was going on. but ggs tho. you'll get him next time
9th Frooty Pebbles - Good **** in teams. I think you and Deku pushed us way further than Tink thought you would. I was trying to tell tink you two would **** but he didn't believe me. I was too happy when i finally edgeguarded Deku at the end tho.

Done with my partial shoutouts atm. probably wont resume but if i do it'll be later

Teams was def the most stressful part of this tournament for me. to have to comeback from 0-2 and win 3-2 against Dart and Andale was rediculously hard. And i thought we were gonna lose the 2nd set in gfs. was so glad when i got Deku off the stage.

Really enjoyed this tournament. Special shoutout to all the staff that made this tournament amazing. Will def be back for another one.

Edit!!!!!!!! yo whoever is doing the Power rankings should put Dart as number 1. Please!!! He deserves it. just put me at like 5th or something. Being number 1 is stressful.

j00t

Smash Champion
Damn, j00t just ran through losers like it was nothing. What happened First round?
It was the start of the tournament, I guess I wasn't playing as well as I did in losers. Hindawg had a pretty solid Falco and he just did two 0-death combos on me pretty much in the last match.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I've uploaded all of the files for singles that were individually separated by set. I will split and upload the large video files soon...

Amanze

Smash Apprentice
S/O'ts

Wisconsin (Frootloop, Sanchaz, Vino, Mundungu, ect ect) - Thank you Thank You Thank You for housing us on Friday night. I always have fun smashing with you guys for friendlies and your all great people

IHSB- Thanks for Playing those Samus Ditto's with me before Singles Started. I never get to play any other Samuses so it was good.

ORLY- Even tho I took the L it was still fun playing you. Ill get you next time.

Rat- I wish we had more time to do friendlies but you seemed like cool people. Thanks for playing me.

Jace Attorney- Thanks For playing all those friendlies with me. I haven't been that impressed with a Falcon whom I didn't know for awhile so good job.

Wake- Fraud

David Cue- Good Set man. Every time I got off to a hot start you made a blazing comeback. Had you got back on the stage their is no doubt in my mind you would have won that last game.

Everyone else- Good Games

Top Bottom