• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smym 12 results!

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
Singles Results (103 Entrants!)
1: darksnow - Real nice
2: Cosmo - played you 3 times lol, i love our sets because we both have so many character choices its like a chess game...i shouldve gotten you in the last minute when you were on the left of the tree as sheik but i thought i had enough time..oops haha...want to play you more next tourny
3: Andale - new champaign hero, excellent work
4: darkatma - you played so good in doubles GF, makes me want to never play my slow *** sheik ever again
5: Aarosmashguy - m2k much? you beat some good people very nice
7: Duck - excellent player, i see now why you win so much in Michigan
7: Rat - was that you cheering for duck when i played him? shame on you! lol good job here
9: Tom R - l2notsuck
9: Deku - best teams player ever, im dropping tom to team with you next SMYM
9: dmac - never played but you are hilarious from what ive seen
13: Trail - mad that we lost to you in teams, you should beat dart next time
13: Little England - i got lucky first game haha, very impressive combos game 2, but ive been practicing fox v falco a lot lately so i was prepared...keep improving...nice job beating "tink"
13: CKIT - you beat kels
17: Tink - i want to team with you
17: Z - lol i felt bad for you when tom beat you but i couldnt tell if you were mad or not...you had that in the bag
17: Kels - shake it off
17: AppleJack - nice red outfit
17: Moose - nice friendlies before the tourny
25: Iori - one of the best players ive played, you could do so much damage if you went good characters i dont know why you wouldnt
25: ORLY - beat tom next time
25: Tomacawk - yes, justice is sweet, hope you had fun
33: JBM - good set, marth is your best bet against me, i dont have much exp. vs him....love the down tilts. that threw me off first game
33: TheNumberJay - loolo, dont worry i had you anyways even if you won first game hhaha
33: TripleR - fox vs kirby so tasty haha
33: JuggleGuy - video master
49: Rainbow Dash - we get the venue, you run the tournament...great person, or greatest person?

darkatma

Smash Hero
how could you possibly get intimidated by matt or tom
they look like the most huggable people ever, even though they're probably not lol

hey matt if you drop tom give him to me :D
me + tom > you + deku :D

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
preliminary shoutouts

huge shoutout to AOB/BunBun for running **** (and helping set up)
Shoutout to everyone that helped run things later (KC for later bracket and midsouth for teardown)
F U shoutout to whoever overflowed the toilet right b4 my set with cosmo LOL

Binyan for being best teams partner
aarosmashguy for ****** me yet again
cosmo for the super fun set
and of course my favorite boys the radovi twins!

and omg me + matt would dominate binyan + tom
its called double fox

BunBun

Smash Master
Yeah dmac, sorry about that. Phat took over inputting bracket matches once he got knocked out, and then I was cleaning up water. At that point I had played about 15 matches total the entire day, and it was like 10pm.

zDuck

Smash Journeyman
1: darkrain - the business

2: Cosmo - I have really mixed feelings about wanting to play you and wanting to avoid playing you at all costs, hopefully we'll have a chnace to play. Good **** getting second

3: Andale - You slay samus, I want to play you in more than just friendlies AKJFSADLKF

4: darkatma - On second thought you didn't play gay vs. me at all, you just straight up outplayed me with your characters. I haven't been ***** that hard in a really long time. Gj getting 4th and I really hope we get to play again, I feel like I could learn alot from you.

5: Aarosmashguy - we never got to play T.T

5: Matt R - I want to play you again soooo much, close set

7: Duck - get ***** by atma

7: Rat - Amazing person, super analytical and I feel like I'm mooching off your samus tactics :p

9: Dart! - good **** vs. trail

9: Tom R - T.T

9: Deku - thanks for hosting

9: dmac - lol I don't think I played you and I don't know what you look like but you're awesome

13: Little England - awesome seeing you again

13: CKIT - I want to play your fox next time

17: Tink - I got you

17: Kels - Everyone has bad days I guess, I still think you're the best

17: AppleJack - That samus, you're amazing. You do things I could never do and you succeed playing a style I'm afraid to try. Good ****

17: Moose - lol

17: Quaz - raaaaaaage, close *** teams pools

25: -Chad- ggs in friendlies

25: Iori - I'm scared of DK

25: ORLY - we know who really won teams

33: JuggleGuy - lol

33: Sveet - ggs in pools

49: Kail - you gotta step it up in tourney

49: KittyHugz - play puff, no excuses

49: Soul - reppin that mario

First SMYM ever, amazing tournament
Thanks to BunBun, AOB, and anyone else who helped with TOing you guys did an awesome job

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
well, darkrain made the right decision of choosing this tourney over pound

duck ive never seen you get ***** as much you did when I saw you play atma

6th pillarrrrr

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Darkrain: Picking you up from the airport, talking with you in the car, then getting rocked in hotel friendlies was quite honestly the highlight of the entire weekend for me. Don't ever stop playing this game, I can confidently say you're the most exciting player I've ever had the privilege of watching in person. Hopefully you can spend more than a couple detour minutes in Michigan next time you're driving in the area, and P.S. you suck for keeping me in the dark about the Arc plan =P
Cosmo: Incredible work in losers bracket, it's baffling to me how scary you make Zelda look to play against. Spend more time at Melee tourneys and less time speedrunning Zelda, lol.
Andale: No disrespect, but how does your decision to donate winnings to charity make it appropriate to split with Cosmo? You guys would have hype canceled the entire end of the tourney if he had agreed, so I have to say I'm glad he didn't.
darkatma: You're super cool in person, way better than that cocky Smashboards persona =P I got rolled in our hotel friendlies, we'll have to play more next time. Impressive stuff beating Duck convincingly as well.
Aarosmashguy: All I knew previously was you were the guy who upset Scar at Event 52, but after this I'm not so sure that was an upset at all. Quickly realized you're legit after watching your matches at this, good stuff.
Matt R: I think you deserved 3rd at this considering the people you took out in bracket. Really impressed by all your chars, I hope we can play friendlies sometime in the future.
Duck: 6th Pillar!
Rat: Really happy to see you play well at this, Nick. Super close set against Cosmo... it may have felt like nobody was watching but we were actually all glued to your match's TV screen from across the crowd, haha. See you in a couple weeks.
Dart!: Comeback against Trail was poetry in motion. I think we might have a Dart appearance in the upcoming SMYM top ten plays. See you at GSS.
Tom R: learn2play Samus, I'm starting to feel kinda bad lol.
Deku: Thanks for "hosting" XD and GGs in bracket, you read me like a book for a couple of those stocks. Sad to hear you're not coming to GSS, we'll play some other time.
dmac: We did play in teams pools, GGs in those, I was hoping you'd bust out the Ganon! I regret not playing friendlies as well... we were both too caught up in the Darkrain bracket hype, haha.
Trail: GGs in pools, I had never really met you despite attending several tourneys with you before, you're super chill. Kail did his Trail macho man impersonation for us after the tourney, hilarious stuff.
Little England: Nice to see you again, hope you'll enjoy housing from Duck/Moose at GSS, looking forward to it.
CunningKitsune: Your return was one of my biggest hype points coming into this tourney. Glad to see you do well.
Salt: Good job against Moose, Peach is scary.
Arc: You trolling *******. I nearly **** my pants when Honda told me about your stupid little secret. I expected more from you against Andale/Dart!
Fear: Didn't meet/play =(
Tink: Still the most hilarious person in the Chicagoland scene. Fun teaming with you in friendlies, don't SD so much, haha. See you at GSS, I'm not even sure you'll place better at that because MI is preparing a can of whoop *** =P
Z: Didn't meet/play =(
Kels: Damn son, this was the shocker of the tourney. You'll bounce back Kelly, I know it. Unless you're going against MI, then you might do even worse ;]
ihavespaceballs: Fun friendlies, mesmerizing Samus. I'm sad we didn't have time for a MM. If only someone in Ohio would host a tourney so we could meet up halfway and play again.
Moose: 6th Pillar!
Quaz: GGs in pools and bracket, your keep-away game is great. Michigan needs to polish our Peach matchup, or learn it in the first place, haha.
Pikachad: Really regret not meeting/playing you, I actually thought you didn't show up because your placing was much lower than I'd expect it to be... what happened?!
Iori: DK and ICs against Moose? Not legit... we'll take it, though everyone knows you're better than 25th. Where da Mewtwo at?
Viperboy: Didn't meet/play =(
iamthemicrowave: Didn't even realize you were at this until the end, haha. We'll get friendlies in next time George.
ORLY: You never cease to amaze me with your counterpick stages, Chris. I'll have my revenge someday. Next time we're doing a MM where we both get to ban three stages... no, that is not a typo!
Chexr: Impressive showing in teams, thanks for pointing out who Aaro was, I was embarrassed to not recognize him that late into the tourney haha.
BlackPanther: We haven't played for awhile, I'll hit up some friendlies with you at the next Chicago tourney.
Tomacawk: For some reason I missed you earlier on this list. Awesome friendlies/MM, we'll play next time as long as you promise not to go all your bull**** chars on me LOL
Massive: Didn't meet/play =(
JBM: Didn't meet/play =( but I've already watched a bunch of your matches on my laptop, solid Marth.
Oro?!: Sad we didn't get more seriouslies in, but we will definitely take care of that the weekend of GSS!
GooeyBanana: We will play when you decide to find me, lol. You're one of dozens of Illinois people that I still don't recognize. I'm the main recorder with a University of Michigan sweater and jacket on. Whose job is it to find the other?
Rezo: Didn't meet/play =(
TheNumberJay: Fun teams friendlies, we should play more next time.
PEEF!: GGs in pools, and thanks for setting up the livestream. Get me that TO/recording gig at POE4 and I'll consider driving all the way out there XD
Jace: Nice to meet you, fellow Darkrain fanboy. Your Falcon was looking pretty solid, I'm sorry I didn't catch you for friendlies like I said I would. I think we were both too busy salivating at the Darkrain matches anyway.
Vino: Heard about your set vs Kels, he could have been here at this placing instead of you, good stuff.
Juggleguy: get *****
Scythe: Heard you beat Velynn? Impressive stuff, that's something 90% of Michigan can't do.
Myztek: Didn't meet/play =(
Phatgamer: Nice chilling with you at the TO table, and thanks for helping the guys out towards the end of the night.
TripleR: God damnit, how does one fight a Kirby in teams? Kail and I didn't land a single grab on you. Good stuff.
Sanchez: You're pretty good at the Puff matchup, good stuff beating Velynn at this.
Sveet: Indeed, another tourney where we don't play. Someone always seems to shake up our friendly TV, I think this time it was Bisu LOL
BunBun: I was surprised to see you sitting at the TO desk for such a long time. Really bummed to hear about the flooding bathroom, as a TO myself I understand how frustrating those side issues can be. Your TOing was greatly appreciated, and I can speak for everyone in Michigan on that.
Lemondude: We didn't play, heard you guys had a hell of a time the night before though.
Smeesh: We didn't play, I wanted to but didn't manage to identify you among the crowd =(
Tempest: We didn't play, I wanted to but didn't manage to identify you among the crowd =(
CaptainPr0n: Didn't meet/play =(
********: Nice talking with you, and GGs in teams. It'd be awesome if you could make it out to MI in a couple weeks.
Kail: Fun teaming with you, and thanks a ton for driving down to South Haven to save us driving time. 7 hours was just about the limit for me.
HyperDragon: Didn't meet/play =(
TOGP: Didn't meet/play =(
Velynn: God damnit Andrew, stick with Puff and dump the Fox.
Sniper: Good to see you again, glad you had a good time in your brief stay here in the Midwest. Good luck back in SoCal.
CaseSoldier: Didn't meet/play =(
Joot: Hilarious friendlies/MM, your Falcon is definitely as good as it looked from vids... and your G&W is just stupid.
Soul: Thanks for coming Derek, see you at GSS.
FrootLoop: GGs in bracket, your combos are solid. Hope to see you at more Chicago tourneys.
Sync: Good to see you at this, MI and WI should meet up more often.

Money: GGs in pools, I'm sorry I had to play so gay. I need more Peach experience because you and Quaz had me reeling! See you at the next Chicago tourney probably.
Ripple: GGs in pools, and apologies in advance for not including your commentary. Your efforts did not go unappreciated, I just have standards that are way higher than almost everyone else in the community due to my background recording so many matches at so many tourneys. Amazing tourneys deserve amazing legacies, and the vids that are stamped to YouTube forever are a huge part of that. I hope you understand.
Reneblade: One of my favorite Smashers ever. It's a shame you live so far away, Chris. Let me remind you that you ARE coming to a Michigan tourney before it's all said and done =P looking forward to doing the top ten with you as well.
AOB: Is it odd that I immediately guessed who you were at the beginning of the tourney? You're awesome for helping out Deku/BunBun so much, I know all too well the feeling of just wanting to hang out at a tourney instead of helping run everything.

For everyone wondering... videos will be uploaded here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Juggleguy

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
\
Andale: No disrespect, but how does your decision to donate winnings to charity make it appropriate to split with Cosmo? You guys would have hype canceled the entire end of the tourney if he had agreed, so I have to say I'm glad he didn't.
its not offensive =) but... That was not the main reason i wanted to split.... It was an addition to the the real reason why i wanted to... If LF was me vs Kels, and what happened did happen... I still would've asked for a split. I felt i was at a slight disadvantage because of the occurrence even though it may not have been so to some ppl. and then emotional things got included to that as well >.< grr

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
I suppose its time for some shouts...

Darkrain - It was nice talking to you, was a real confidence booster. I've seen you so many times but have never really gotten to play you. Next time we should get some friendlies in.

Cosmo - Zelda is such a good character. I wish I could play a character that isn't a space animal and actually get somewhere.

Andale - Your rests were freaken amazing man. I was trying to play super safe but you would just rest me out of stuff I didn't even know was possible. GGs dude. I didn't feel like you were camping at all.

Deku - Great tourney! We should get some friendlies in next time. I love fighting other pro spacey players.

Darkatma - I was so close to beating you... well at least taking a game off ugh lol. At least I didn't get wrecked like I normally do against sheik mains. GGs though I had fun.

Rat - Maybe we could team in the future if like Chexr quits and I end up driving. That would be sweet. I really need to learn the falco/samus matchup lol...

Kels - I think our matches could have gone either way. Nothing to quit the game over if ask me. <,<

Tink - 300$ ticket? Damn.....

Trail - It was really nice to meet you. I'm glad I didn't have to play you in tourney. I can't stop the chain grabs!

Quaz - QUAZ!!!!!

Dmac - How dare you beat me in that one friendly we did. I'll have my revenge next time. Fox>Ganon. I was so confused when you were playing against tripleR.

TripleR - How do you beat these people with kirby? I just don't get it.

In conclusion I'm never dropping Falco as my main ever again. I was fox/falcon last tourney and that didn't really go so well.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
6. i'm not one usually to talk **** outside of my crew, but **** you ripple and your comment earlier about my previous placings and my abilities as a player. play low tier roy if you want, but dont try to make me sound like a bad player because i had a hard time the one time i played you.
damn dude, don't act so butthurt over a joke comment.

you even took it as a joke when I posted it

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Corrected Translation: Fox is easier to beat with Jigglypuff than Zelda.
LOL that is true, but I regularly don't play puff vs floaties. Matches are usually too boring and I HATE boring matches. I prolly sound hypocritical now xD, but what i did was under the consequences

are we gonna see a Ripple vs Dmac MM? =D

@Duck, I'll gladly accept MMs no more than a dollar =)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm the only one who can beat him in marth dittos

darkatma

Smash Hero
Dart's about to become the midwest's best.
Then the world's best.
and subsequently the cockiest smasher.
but by that time he'll deserve to be cocky since he can already beat everyone.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I FEEL SMASH RELIVED IN THIS TOURNEY!!!

Also they should bring back the rep system I think that would spark interest again in Melee because I sure as hell got a huge spark this time, I just hope Smash doesn't die.

Shoutouts lata I'm feelin inspired by tons of **** so I'm gonna go work on some music.

All I know is GG's everyone!!

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Dart's about to become the midwest's best.
Then the world's best.
and subsequently the cockiest smasher.
but by that time he'll deserve to be cocky since he can already beat everyone.
QFT. Josh knows a lot about spacing that sometimes I even get surprised. Someday he'll achieve SS4

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
AaroSmashguy I was impressed by you. You have a solid game with falco and each time i would catch momentum you'd take my stock to even it up. Really enjoyed the games.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Yea aarosmashguy had some crazy upsets! I didn't watch any of your matches and you we're sorta unknown to me, no offense, lol but I can see how you destroyed people when we played.

Oh, and Pound 5 drama too O.o

PEEF!

Smash Hero
ChoKieMinhFail HHAHAHAH

haha wtf? I was whoopin that *** without using chaingrabs haha, if you think that was bad imagine if i actually did use chain grabs :)!!

IC > Falco hardcore
And once again I just wish he would let me teach him. You'd be way deadly. =[[

Jace08

Smash Lord
had a great time, thank you bun bun, deku, phat and everyone else that helped run this tournament!

1: darkrain-you don't understand falcon is supposed to be a bad character! Thanks for setting the standard so high, always great seein you
2: Cosmo- how do you do it I don't even. Amazing player
3: Andale- I feel like you have a crazy amount of natural talent in this game. Keep it up and don't worry about past drama
4: darkatma- very impressive play in bracket! I've gotta ask for friendlies from you more!
5: Aarosmashguy- didn't meet you but wow you beat kels
5: Matt R- I'll root for you to win as long as you aren't fighting darkrain ><
7: Duck- you surprised the crap out of me with that Samus! By match 3 you clearly had me figured out, good stuff and I'll try to get better at the matchup
7: Rat- thanks, it was fun playing friendlies with ya
9: Dart!- good to see ya as always, keep up that Marth!
9: Tom R- finally got to talk to you this tourney! you're a cool guy, we should play friendlies next time
9: Deku- ggs in teams pools, wasn't surprised at all to see you take 1st in teams. Good stuff!
9: dmac- every tourney is 10000x better when you're around! Thanks for the advice and good job getting 9th
13: Trail- your ganon was looking better than when I played it at the last smym, wish we could have played!
13: Little England- didn't meet ya, wish I had
13: CKIT- good stuff beating kels! ggs in teams bracket, you and trail make a great team
13: Salt- didn't meet ya, I wish we had played some friendlies!
17: STQ- don't get down on yourself man we know you ****. I know everyone else will see that next time. Some weeeeird stuff happened this touney, but please stay positive!
17: Fear- never played ya
17: Tink-hate you for refusing my friendlies ><
17: Z-when I was first picking you up somehow I just knew you'd be my demise lol... then you were sooooo close to beating tomr. please put work into this game so that I'll see you in top 5 placings
17: Kels- get that talk about quitting out of here! Everyone still believes in you man; everyone has their off days.
17: AppleJack- your samus is too entertaining, I wish I had watched you play more
17: Moose- didn't meet meet you yet, next time I hope
17: Quaz- never played ya!
25: -Chad- I really want to play your fox and get *****, it's sooo goooood
25: Iori- stop being so talented with every char
25: Viperboy-never played ya this tourney
25: Iamthemicrowave- yep ggs in friendlies man, keep up that fox!
25: ORLY- you're a really chill dude, lookin forward to hangin with ya next time!
25: Chexr- ggs in pools, this is the second time where I could only take a match off you. I reeeeally want to catch up to you someday! Very smart player
25: BlackPanther- didn't meet you!
25: Tomacawk- that's rough playin tink first round! Look forward to seein you again
33: Massive- good stuff in teams and sorry I often get overly aggressive.
33: JBM- wow at you having to play matt r first round. I know you'll unleash your inner beast at a large tourney someday and blow everyone's mind
33: Bisu- didn't meet you!
33: GooeyBanana- yep ggs in friendlies, falcon dittos are too fun
33: Rezo- watching you and dmac talk is hilarious; always great traveling with you
33: TheNumberJay- fun friendlies for sure!
33: PEEF!- yeah we should have played some. You really look like you're improving a ton
33: Vino- didn't ever meet you!
33: Scyth- ^same unfortunately
33: Myztek- ggs in friendlies, I had always watched your videos and was glad to meet you in person
33: Phat- don't quit this game I need way your sheik practice! Also you really do have what it takes man, I know it
33: TripleR- you've got no fear just jumping into tournies with kirby lol! I respect that
33: Sanchez- wish we could have played that mm, but np next time man
33: JuggleGuy- yeah you're right haha it was great meeting you too. Next time we gotta play for sure
33: Sveet- didn't meet you!
49: Rainbow Dash- good job running this thing and I'm sorry you had to clean up the toilet
49: Lemone- don't think I ever ran across you
49: Smeesh- I know you can do better man, stop doin stupid stuff to get yourself killed! You're hilarious as a smasher and person tho
49: Tempest- ggs, this game is brutal ><
49: CaptainPr0n- ggs in pools
49: ********- don't think I met you
49: Kail-^same
49: HyperDragon- didn't talk to you at all this tourney but I think you were the only guy repping luigi there, I respect it
TOGP, KittyHugz, Sniper, CaseSoldier, Joot, Soul, FrootLoop, Sync- never talked to you guys, hopefully I'll play ya next time!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Jace :*(

We met at SMYM10 and I thought i talked to you at 11 and POE3... I saw you here but didnt get a chance to say hi. Ill make sure to say hi and get some games in next time

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Can't wait till vids! =D
Matches I really want to see but haven't yet:
Dart vs Trail
Dart vs Darkatma
Darkatma vs Cosmo
Cosmo vs Darkrain
Aarosmashguy vs the world
Cunning vs whoever
and most of my matches (esp. vs darkrain, Rat, and Aarosmashguy)

EDIT: oh and when ORLY and RoneBlastorz beat Deku and Darkatma

j00t

Smash Champion
I really hope my MM vs. Iori was recorded. I was playing the best game of my life right there.

Top Bottom