• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smym 12 results!

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Deku/Bunbun/whomever else - thanks for running this! Super fun tourney.

Darkrain - Good ish on winning this!

Kels & Tink - What. The. Cuss.

Dart - Good stuff on getting 9th. That journey through Losers looked so stupidly hard xP

Anthony - So proud of you man. Just to think, a couple years ago, I was beating you...yeah xD

Rashad - Nice job on winning some matches in bracket! Dat Fox is still doing work even with a ruined hand!

Adam - Nice on ****** with Ness and getting out of pools!

Phatgamer - It's strange. I REALLY hate playing Sheiks in pools, but your's is different. I actually learn how to play the Falcon/Sheik matchup whenever I play you. Definitely looking forward to next time!

Iori - Dude, your patience annoys me SOOOOO much haha xD Like I'm not saying don't do that anymore because it definitely is a good idea to do that, it's just I suck at patience so you ended up ****** me xD I actually enjoy playing you though, so definitely looking forward to our next encounter.

Crawl - Fun pools matches =D

Cheap - Nice *** Peach, you got SOOOO many stitch faces in our set >_<! Where did you go after pools was over? I didn't see you anywhere o_O

Luke - Man, I'm getting closer and closer to whooping that little Fox of your's. Good stuff in pools, nonetheless.

Jace - Fun friendlies ^_^

Juggleguy - Are we EVER going to play each other in this Super Smash Bros game? At this point, it doesn't seem like it xD

Duck - Super good Samus! I REALLY should've asked you to play friendlies after our match....that matchup is supposed to be so free but I never get to play Samus, the practice would've helped >_<!! Next time!

IHSB - Jack, I can't thank you enough for the repairs on my controller! Our MM was actually probably my favorite set of the entire tourney. The first match on Battlefield reminded me of when we played at my first tourney ever(SMYM9) where you ended up ****** me with a lot of things like dtilting me when I'd jump up to you while you're on a platform. Idk, I guess our set really just made me realize how much I've actually improved at this game o_O Thanks again man!

Tempest - Amazingly close bracket match, that phantom knee at the end almost made me cry! The friendlies afterward were fun as well =)

Leo - It was a blast doing doubles with you man. Definitely will take you up on the main swapping idea =P You'll definitely get out of brackets next time man.

Lemon & Viperboy - Appreciate the housing Friday night, fellas.

Unfortunately, I think this tourney will mark the last time I use Captain Falcon in tournament. Probably going to be just a friendly character from here on out. Hope I didn't miss any shoutouts, but if I did, I apologize. Was a fun time guys!

darkatma

Smash Hero
Shoutouts:

First one must go to my sometimes amazing but most of the time scrubby teammate,

Deku: Yeahhh we destroyed the midwest guardians lollololol. Finally all our lack of practicing with each other has payed off! I wish you had beaten cosmo, I'd much rather play vs you than cosmo. anyways <3

Tink and Kels: you guys had better not place this poorly ever again. Stick to facks kels, he's way better than shek and flaco. Tinky I'm so glad I didn't haveta play you, but I think I would've had a chance this tourney. I practiced sheik all week for this :p

Darkrain: congrats on winning this tourney. I really wanted you to play kels and beat him though, but other people did it for you haha.

Pikachad
and Iori: sandbaggers! There is no way you guys could've placed that low if you tried at all.

Dmac: The super boost grab moonwalk that you showed me was awesome! Good to see you again

Jace: Sucks that you always have to play your crewmates in tournament man. I expected you to place better!

Hondafoo: Great seeing you, your peach still has some work to do but it's definitely improving

SaveTheQueen: I expected more out of you, you lost entirely to peoria.. I think you need more matchup experience lol

Dart: Most improved smasher? Great set vs trail; I was very happy for you and scared for myself.. because I didn't want to play you haha. Great games and good sportsmanship man. See you at the next tourney!

Twins R: I wanted you guys to take 3rd in teams! Matt you pulled some ridiculous choking in this tourney, I don't want to see more of it. Cosmo's too good for us =[ Tom I know you're better than your placing shows.

Andale: you shouldn't quit, you're too good to quit.

Other Anthony (Ckit): Good stuff finally showing everyone you're still good man.

Purdue: whatever I don't wanna hear it from you guys xP

LE: good **** finally beating tinky, I watched the end of your set; you were nearly out of your seat in excitement when you were up 3:1

Rat: We'll play next time

IHSB: you don't follow rules! I love watching your samus <3 And you're a cool person. Don't sandbag in our MM next time!

Cosmo: I loveee watching you play and I hateee playing against you. Great job with 2nd place, you're amazing and so freaking patient. You must have the craziest nerves to play zelda the way you do.. I think I would break down having to react that fast and space so finely.

TJ: good seeing you again man, and good games in pools.

Kittyhugs: your fox sucks, that is all.

Special shoutout to my new asian buddies from michigan: juggleguy, moose, and duck :D

Duck: Sorry we didn't get to play more. You have a really good samus and a great spacies game. I swear i wasn't sandbagging in that friendly, at least not consciously. Glad i met you James, and sorry I play so gay <3

Moose: We'll play next time, but I just wanna let you know that I would've whooped you in that MM :p That's what I always say on the boards anyways haha. Good meeting you too, and we'll definitely play sometime.

Juggleguy
: thanks for putting all that time into recording and uploading, and it was really nice to meet you. We'll play more next time as well.

Other MI peeps: you guys are cool as well, I just forgot your names

Reneblade: lol you are the most hippie smasher haha. much <3

Kentucky smashers: I dont remember your names but thanks for coming out to SMYM!

SNPR: nice to remeet you loll. Get good fast!

Black Panther
: yeahh nice to see you playing again man

LinkMO(bert): It was so great that you made it out here by yourself.. Mizzou sucks man.. move to stl with us =]

Aarosmashguy: you are so good.. very reactive player.. even though I could read your techs and rolls, I couldn't punish them for some reason.. Sorry our set was truncated the way it was.. it could've gone either way!

That concludes my lengthy shoutouts. If I forgot you it means I hate you... jk

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
amazing tournament and so awesome to see all my midwest homies!!

1: darkrain - playing you in first round of bracket was ****!! ur falcon is out of this world and you still got it. good job running this as well. great job man.
2: Cosmo - congrats on outcamping the midwest yet again. you are probably the most patient player out there, and playing that well through a long losers bracket is commendable. good job man.
3: Andale - wowowowow great job buddy!! proud of you. wish we could have played more.
4: darkatma - great job in singles, you played well. good job in teams too
5: aarosmashguy - didnt play
5: matt r - didnt play
7: Duck - you have gotten really good. ggs
7: Rat - didnt play but i saw you owning.
9: Dart! - <3 u good work
9: Deku - good job in teams and singles, thanks for hosting. you are a funny man and crack my **** up.
9: tom r - didnt play
9: dmac - good to see you again
13: Trail - the roy is a legend, nuff said. we must rage soon.
13: Little England - good **** beating tink and viperboy
13: CKIT - great job man, your victory over kels was epic. same with your set against cosmo...last game last stock high percent with less than a minute left! next time.
13: Salt - good job at this. you ownd me in pools and you didnt even have to bust out the peach...nice
17: STQ - didnt play
17: Fear - didnt play
17: Tink - next time buddy
17: Z - good set in bracket, you have a very nice sheik. i wish i could have taken a game but at least they were close. ggs
17: Kels - dunno what happened to you and wayne but im guessing it started with you guys not winning teams...next time you got this.
17: AppleJack - we didnt play
17: moose - didnt play
17: Quaz - didnt play
25: -Chad- - didnt play
25: Iori - nice mm...i was the fox that you had a close first game with then u 4 stocked me...lol
25: Viperboy - good to see you, didnt play :(
25: ORLY - nice mm, very close as usual...
25: Chexr - didnt play
25: BlackPanther - good talking/chillin, didnt play
25: Tomacawk - good to see you, we didnt play tho :(
33: Massive - nice puff in teams
33: JBM - didnt play
33: Bisu - didnt play
33: GooeyBanana - didnt play
33: Rezo - good friendlies, your fox is still very legit
33: TheNumberJay - didnt play
33: PEEF! - good set. prolly the closest ive ever been to timing someone out in tournament(and i have mad jayford experience LOL)
33: Jace - good to see you again man. fun friendlies
33: Vino - didnt play
33: Scyth - good to see you, didnt play tho
33: Myztek - didnt play
33: Phat - didnt play
33: TripleR - didnt play, would have like to get a piece of that kirby tho
33: Sanchez - ggs in pools. i got scraped, you were really on your game. i got you next time
33: JuggleGuy - didnt play :(
33: Sveet - didnt play :(
49: Rainbow Dash - good job running this. good to see you and fun friendlies
49: Lemone - ggs in teams. we almost had it, next time man.
49: Smeesh - didnt play
49: Tempest - didnt play
49: CaptainPr0n - didnt play
49: ******** - thanks for driving, goods hit. you made your goal of getting out of pools, good work.
49: Kail - good set man, close games.
49: HyperDragon - didnt play
49: TOGP - didnt play
49: KittyHugz - didnt play
49: Sniper - didnt play
49: CaseSoldier - didnt play
49: Joot - i think we played friendlies?? your falcon is fast as hell, im impressed.
49: Soul - didnt play
49: FrootLoop - didnt play
49: Sync - didnt play

other pools people

himdawg: nice falco, keep at it. ggs
hondafoo/dark blue yoshi: i thought that was you...good to see you again man. ggs

purdue crew: you guys are awesome. we rolled into this tournament 7 deep...****. <3 u guys

jay: i wish i would have seen this epic phantom rest...
lance: didnt see your pools matches but good work
corey: i know first big tournaments are very demoralizing, keep your head up.

other ppl

renechris: good to see you. we didnt play :(
AOB: good job running this.
leo: your falco is a robot!!! good friendlies, your tech is really good.
jnolan: good to see you, no darth vape tho :(

all recorders/uploaders: i really appreciate the extra hard work you guys do. thanks!!!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Sorry Ripple, I should have clarified that it isn't your commentary I'm worried about, but your partner's (exactly what Reneblade mentioned). Maybe I just listened to a poor sample of it yesterday. If the commentary was almost all you talking for the late sets then I'd have no problem including it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Sorry Ripple, I should have clarified that it isn't your commentary I'm worried about, but your partner's (exactly what Reneblade mentioned). Maybe I just listened to a poor sample of it yesterday. If the commentary was almost all you talking for the late sets then I'd have no problem including it.
guess I'll find out soon. *fingers crossed*

SFAT

Smash Ace
What the f*ck happened this tournament?

Good **** Atma!!!

My heart kind of broke when I heard about Tink and Kels though...

Good stuff to everybody else too.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Wait, so whose TV was recording right next to the TV that had a HUGE crowd. It was right of that TV where Reneblade was sitting and with the crowd, and that TV had a Red or black laptop

Oh, and some of the matches we're recorded on www.ustream.com/channel/peefsmash

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Wait, so whose TV was recording right next to the TV that had a HUGE crowd. It was right of that TV where Reneblade was sitting and with the crowd, and that TV had a Red or black laptop

Oh, and some of the matches we're recorded on www.ustream.com/channel/peefsmash
I want to know this too, this was the TV my set with phatgamer was on. It would be pretty sweet if it was recorded lol

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I'd like to make it clear that if you are ever down 3 to 1 stock on me, don't panic, with enough heart and determination you too can join the ranks of individuals with epic comebacks vs EL TRAIL.

DART YOU GOT LUCKY AS **** THE SUN WAS in mY EYES, I JUST ATE A 12 INCH PIZZA AND MY FINGERS WERE GREAZy as ****, SOME GIRL WAS FLASHING HER ******S IN THE CORNER OF MY EYE, PEEF WAS BEING ANNOYING AS ****, I WAS DISTRACTED BY KELS AND TINNK MAKING JOHNS IN THE BACKGROUND ****

LEAGUE LEGENDS: KirbyKaze, Swift, Lovage, Drephen, Dart (newest edition)

Why do I keep losing 3rd games in sets when I am up 3 to 1 stock hahahah... I need to go back to the ol drawin board apparently. I'm like that piece of **** football team that is killin a team and then goes on to lose by playing too much prevent defense.

-shoutouts coming soon!!-

BunBun

Smash Master
Almost 1, due to pigheaded people refusing to play their matches on anything but the livestream.

However, everyone quit their matches when I said to, and there was only GFs playing at the end.

Mad thanks to all of Midsouth, Deku and the R bros for cleanup help.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Wow, 103 entrants???

I never heard of this tourney series (I think) and it got so much for Melee. Good show of attendance in this region guys.

Kail

Smash Lord
DART YOU GOT LUCKY AS **** THE SUN WAS in mY EYES, I JUST ATE A 12 INCH PIZZA AND MY FINGERS WERE GREAZy as ****, SOME GIRL WAS FLASHING HER ******S IN THE CORNER OF MY EYE, PEEF WAS BEING ANNOYING AS ****, I WAS DISTRACTED BY KELS AND TINNK MAKING JOHNS IN THE BACKGROUND ****

LIST OF LEGENDS: KirbyKaze, Swift, Lovage, Drephen, Dart (newest edition)
Sounds legit to me, man.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Wow, 103 entrants???

I never heard of this tourney series (I think) and it got so much for Melee. Good show of attendance in this region guys.
SMYM is the oldest running tournament series (afaik). AOB could probably tell you what year the first one was in, but it was probably around 2004.

I thought everyone knew about SMYM....

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
zelda is so fun

RRR good teaming. I think I'm a poor teams player a lot of the time. I know we could have placed a little higher but don't feel bad about it, we still did some work. lol zelda+kirby :)

darkrain: i hope you see now I'm serious about this char lol... altho falcon vs zelda is pretty awful lol. I'll get a sheik in there for you next time. good **** on first.

shoutout to sago who had to deal with a lot of bull**** to actually make it safely here. ur my bro!!! and the best.

vro if you were at this you would have beaten a lot of people

atma: good games. thx for acknowledging the work I have to do to play this char. ppl think zelda is an easy character to play cause she has 2 moves. lol

tom i forgot to ask u about your cd :o I liked the samples u posted for real

MATT good games, 3 sets back and forth :) phew

lol fighting IHSB then later Rat was a very strange experience. you're both hard but a completely different style. I still haven't played Duck yet.

little england, I saw you vs tink. you looked like a mini-PP. damn

deku: good games!!

Dart! wow nice going this tourney, especially vs trail. sad u didn't MM chexr, that would have been hype

trail you looked like a proud father after that loss. rofl

mundungu: I forgot to shout "BEE!" every time i started chaingrabbing. :( huge squander on my part. oh well

sorry about my cough everybody I've been a little sick lately :(

it seems not playing melee for like months clears your mind and gets rid of bad habits.

peace

Tink

Smash Hero
i cant wait to see all the vids for this!

a few shouts tho real quick.....shout out to champaign police for owning me with a 300 dollar ticket cause im awesome...shoutouts to kelly smith for playing like ad ickhead in teams and making the guardians lose -_-...and lastly shoutouts to myself for letting young blood get by, just to see them lose next round =(.

all and all, had a greatttt time....this game is too great, and it just shows that the MW is a hilarious region where any results can happen. good ish to cosmo for coming outta retirement and wrecking ppl...to "deku"(bunbun) for running a great tournament, and everyone that got upsets in the brackets. was fun to watch/hear about.

more shout out to come later, but for now, see you all next smym!

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
I actually had a lot of fun at this tourney. I'm very satisfied with the entire thing. To think I only went because Chexr wanted to team with me and said he would drive. GG's to everyone I played/talked to. I love how nice the smash community is in the midwest. Maybe i'll post some shout outs later...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Trail I was never down 3-1

I know this because I suicide KOed your Nana to make it 1-1 in stocks.

<3

edit: Cosmo super *****

Dart!

Smash Master
shoutouts to AnDale for crying in a dozen PMs about how I'm a terrible sport for not splitting the money with his planking money-hungry jiggs

please quit this game.
hey now,
*grabs popcorn.gif*

shoutouts after i grab popcorn

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Just got home. Shout outs to come later. Was looking for a shout out from people thanking me for running the *** half of the tourney...:p

EDIT: Hanging up my sticks for a while to become a TO. I'm going to be TO'ing Event 52, so if you guys plan on showing up, it's going to be ballin.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
shoutouts to AnDale for crying in a dozen PMs about how I'm a terrible sport for not splitting the money with his planking money-hungry jiggs

please quit this game.
lol thanks, i thought we we're good =\. YOU we're the one that called me a"horrible sport". I asked if we we're cool, and he kept saying not replying/ T_T well w/e if we're good we're good, if not... so be it. but for real... I HATE drama, i never thought i'd be at all part of it. My lack of knowledge ( and proper etiquettes ) I guess... led me here. Last word to you Cosmo: Sorry

EDIT: Last post about Cosmo....

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Shouts:

Singles Results (103 Entrants!)
1: darkrain - Amazing as usual. Prolly won't read this but awesome awesome.
2: Cosmo - Good stuff with your patience under pressure. Please show up to bigger tournaments.
3: Andale - Very bad mannered, i'll forgive but that was just so lame to the players and the community. Hopefully the damage is not irreparable.
4: darkatma - You got alot more flashy and fun to watch, GJ.
9: Dart! - You played super amazing. Great stuff to watch. Also thanks for being my cheering crowd and bringing a few more people into the people that will probably cheer for me next time. You were there for me in those super close sets. I can't thank you enough for the Dart Advantage. Not to mention I used your controller the whole time!
9: Deku - Number 9 power rank
9: dmac - Love you as usual.
13: Trail - My inspiration kindof. Armor almost got me. It was a johns set though, very fun.
13: Little England - You were fun to meet and hang out with. I really enjoyed it, and I look forward to it in the future.
13: CKIT - Wow you were fun to play, very patient playstyle that I hadn't quite experienced before. You beat me worse than anyone at the tournament and made it look easy. Nice.
17: Tink - 17th where you at?
17: Quaz - Matchup is tough and you played it well. Better luck to me next time.
25: Viperboy - Thanks for the housing and getting me into this game. Forever love.
25: Iamthemicrowave - Definitely a bad-manner set. You did your best when you just played me straight up. Thanks for trying to time me out because it made me feel extremely good when I won that match Sopo vs Fox with 15 seconds left. Good job with the set win, and thank's for an experience I've never actually had.
33: TheNumberJay - Good stuff crewmate =D
33: PEEF! - =D
33: Juggleguy - Thank you for your awesome set in pools and recording the matches. You are a really cool guy. It was fun doing the livestream with you recording as well. Worked out better than expected! I have a clip for you from Reneblade. I promise you'll enjoy ;-D
49: Lemone - Love you, thanks for housing.
49: Smeesh - First round bracket 3 tournaments in a row, I was happy to finally take the set. I look forward to playing you again. Thanks for always providing me the funnest sets =]
MAX BURGER - We never played but you rock and I look forward to seeing you on the stream.

Comments:
I hope everyone enjoyed the livestream (if you watched). We had 30-50 viewers the whole day. It was a pleasure to do.

I have never made it out of SMYM pools before and I believe I was first seed out of this one (apparently I got 3rd seed but I only lost to one person in my pool of 7.) I was very happy with my play. SMYM is where the midwest comes to prove themselves and although I didn't win I hope I showed myself to be an entertaining player who doesn't just wobble. (It was banned obviously.) I hope that some players find me more respectable than maybe they used to.

Everyone was super nice and I really felt like part of the community in a way that before this tournament I couldn't really say I had. Thanks to those of you who cheered me on in my matches and really made them super hyped. Somehow it calms me and gives me something to play for. Big thanks to everyone in my pool and bracket for giving me awesome super fun and really hyped matches. Thanks again to Dart.

For those of you who don't know, I do a drunken melee livestream show thing every Thursday night, and many Fri and Sat nights with TheNumberJay and Jekyll. We have lots of cool viewers including Tink, Fly Amanita, Connor, MacD, Snipr, Reneblade, and others who drop in when they can. Please watch, it's a nice get-together for the community. Link is here, you can sometimes find me practicing on weekdays too. I don't stream for myself so come join!! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/peefsmash

POE4 coming this summer. Hosted by Reneblade and myself, brackets by BunBun =DD

Top Bottom