• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Smooth Lander and Heavy Gravity (SLHG)

BlueFury

Smash Cadet
So the

But it's turbo mode. So you can't be sure it will work in the regular game. Unless you found some way to recreate what happened we can't be sure it's an error with the mod
I'm almost certain that it won't work in vanilla smash 4 the mechanics won't allow it and Sakurai made sure of that. You could be correct though and that could have been a bug or glitch from the turbo mod but I myself haven't spent time to figure that out but it probably was exclusive to turbo mode if that wasn't the case. I also talked to AlexChew himself and he wasn't really certain of the cause of it either lol and he made the mod xD.

My only point really for bringing that up was to show what could possibly be done further if granted. Since SLHG has went from being what it was to SLAJ (which is more or less modded equipment basically) it could be more if they decided to go that route.
I really just wanted to share what I saw with you guys.

I guess I should have phrased some of my wording differently my bad, I'll edit it so I don't confuse other people new to this thread. Appreciate the reply though hope your enjoying SLAJ and/or turbo mode.

Last edited:

BlueFury

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the double post...

But I didn't want to leave the thread ended with something non slhg/slaj related or whatever.
So is there anything new with slaj, is there a way for wii u players to play slaj without the 3ds yet or is it pretty much the same process?

TheDerp

Smash Cadet
Roses are Red, Violets are Red, Everything is Red.
NNID
DerpynessRules
Sorry for the double post...

But I didn't want to leave the thread ended with something non slhg/slaj related or whatever.
So is there anything new with slaj, is there a way for wii u players to play slaj without the 3ds yet or is it pretty much the same process?
Pretty much the same process. Hopefully we'll get a way to inject equipment into the Wii U version soon.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Bump.

This is a fun idea that is too good to die. Maybe this should be moved to just the Wii U and 3ds discussion, but w/e

Brawn + super brawn + 0.8 launch rate = 64 combos.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
This thread is too huge to find this out myself so I reply with a question:

What is the numerical effect of Smooth Lander and effect of Heavy Gravity?

Specifically
Exactly what multiplier does Smooth Lander reduce landing lag? I know it isn't Melee L-cancels which are half and rounded down. I can at least tell that It's a bit laggier than half/L-cancels. Are there any other effects such as a change in normal lag upon landing?
Exactly what multiplier does Heavy Gravity increase fall speed and/or gravity? Other than character-specific recovery issues, what else does it do? For example, will it increase landing lag?

People datamine this game, so I'm wondering if these specifics were looked into. Those may not be available but any information in regards to this is helpful.

Last edited:

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
Considering that vanilla Smash 4 is likely to be quite dead going forward, there's probably no better time for smooth lander to be experimented with than right now. There's no concern of splitting from the vanilla game, there's going to be nobody objecting to "Melee-ifying" the current game, and it might be that the only room Smash 4 has left to survive becoming completely obsoleted by Ultimate is by using its equipment feature to provide a completely distinct experience [without mods!] that no other game is able to provide. And perhaps SLHG, or any of the other variations of SL, would be able to provide just that.

Top Bottom