• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smeargle. No words needed.

Competitively

Smash Rookie
Recently, I was thinking which character I would want in smash bros. It took me a while too think about it but I think I got one in mind. I decided to share my idea with you to see if this is a good idea or not.

Behold, Smeargle.

- Origin -
Smeargle was introduced as a new pokemon in ruby and sapphire. It only learnt one move. However, the move allowed access for smeargle to learn any move. Sketch copies the move of the opponent that it used last turn therefore smeargle can learn any move.

- How the character will preform -

I thought that just a generic copy character would be too similar to kirby. So I decided to take a different approach too it. Smeargle's play style is based on putting the opponent to sleep using spore or get far away enough from the opponent to do its setup. However, It won't have any attacking moves to deal percent, only Knockback. Its first move too setup is shell smash which is his neutral b. Shell smash will take 10 seconds to shelter smeargle in a shell. This shell breaks when its dealt 10% and if he finishes the move he will deal more KB and deal more damage while at cost of taking more KB and damage. Then it will try to use transform to transform into one of the fighters on the field and it will remain the shell smash effect. Smeargle doesn't lose transform when losing a stock or dieing either. The rest of smeargle's moveset will be based on getting the opponent away from it.

- Moveset -
W.I.P

Problems that interfere with it getting added.

- It will not be a very beginner friendly character.
- Another pokemon (even though thats okay imo lol).
Probably others.

Conclusion
Thanks for reading! Give me some thoughts about how you feel about my character.
Have a good day!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Smeargle was introduced in Gold and Silver, not Ruby and Sapphire.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Recently, I was thinking which character I would want in smash bros. It took me a while too think about it but I think I got one in mind. I decided to share my idea with you to see if this is a good idea or not.

Behold, Smeargle.

- Origin -
Smeargle was introduced as a new pokemon in ruby and sapphire. It only learnt one move. However, the move allowed access for smeargle to learn any move. Sketch copies the move of the opponent that it used last turn therefore smeargle can learn any move.

- How the character will preform -
I thought that just a generic copy character would be too similar to kirby. So I decided to take a different approach too it. Smeargle's play style is based on putting the opponent to sleep using spore or get far away enough from the opponent to do its setup. However, It won't have any attacking moves to deal percent, only Knockback. Its first move too setup is shell smash which is his neutral b. Shell smash will take 10 seconds to shelter smeargle in a shell. This shell breaks when its dealt 10% and if he finishes the move he will deal more KB and deal more damage while at cost of taking more KB and damage. Then it will try to use transform to transform into one of the fighters on the field and it will remain the shell smash effect. Smeargle doesn't lose transform when losing a stock or dieing either. The rest of smeargle's moveset will be based on getting the opponent away from it.

- Moveset -
W.I.P

Problems that interfere with it getting added.

- It will not be a very beginner friendly character.
- Another pokemon (even though thats okay imo lol).
Probably others.

Conclusion
Thanks for reading! Give me some thoughts about how you feel about my character.
Have a good day!

You should complete your moveset.
Anyway, a third generation Pokemon would be great ! I think Pokemon need other Pokemons than those from the first generation. If I was able to choose one fighter, I would choose Zoroark.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
This is interesting. I always enjoy seeing rather unpopular Pokemon character choices for Smash. My only problem with this is that if we were to get a Gen 3 rep, it would probably be Gardevoir. Still, Smeargle would totally be entertaining.

Top Bottom