• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashTime: The Return of Hanky Panky

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
man, upset I missed this tournament-- had my new roommate move in today so I couldn't leave. Please continue to host stuff Ohio, I am in dire need of melee after moving here from VA. Expect me at the next one! Dayton is more or less a ghost town as far as melee goes.

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
SHOUTOUTS

1: Prince Abu - Great tournament, especially for the first one you've run. Thanks for taking the initiative for Ohio smash. That was a ****ing grueling 14 matches we played between WF and GF. I've still got some things to learn against your spacies in particular. Good games, for sure. Sorry if I made you hate puff, but I think your spacies have more potential anyway. Watch your back.

3: paradigm - Nice job! I thought a number of the people below you would have knocked you out, but you proved me wrong. Keep at it. Maybe start to seriously pick up sheik too, I dunno.

4: Gracen - Thanks for coming all the way from Indiana to play smash with us. You're a cool guy, and I hope your sheik continues to get better. I hope the experience was as enjoyable for you and Voorhese as it was for our group.

5: Achilles - I didn't really watch too many of your games, but good ****. You've gotten so much better in the past few months.

5: Corkus - Good hype game against voorhese; I'm not sure whether to give you positive or negative shoutouts for the heckling in GF but whatever. Thanks for picking up Gunpunch, too. That was nice of you.

7: Fizzle Boy - Your puff is actually kinda scary and you're incredible for a once-Brawl player. Sucks you had to find out the hard way about what happens when puff's shield breaks, but once you get a grip on the character I think you'll be really solid.

7: Voorhese - Thanks for coming all the way from Indiana, as well. I like your approach to this game. Good, smart questions about things I really hadn't given a lot of thought to. Your light shield shenanigans are something I may have to adopt. Sucks you didn't do as well today as yesterday, but your fox is crazy technical. You'll get 'em next time.

9: Ferris Wheel - Huge shoutouts for *recording* games. I didn't really follow your progress in bracket so much but you seemed to be on your game. Play with us more.

9: Lagoon - lol the RNG hates you

9: GunPunch - Your samus is pretty damn aggro, man. Once you develop a decent defensive game, you'll be the best samus in Columbus, I guarantee it (i.e. watch your back, paradigm). You should also play with us more.

MMX - Good seeing you again! I hope you liked this tournament more than... uh, other ones *cough*

Big R - Might be the craziest person I know. I'm not sure if I mean that in a melee sense or a real life sense or both.

For the other people, I don't think I ever played you (except JakeT, gg's), but thanks for supporting the Ohio smash scene.

On that note, a huge thanks for the owners of JustPlayGames for letting us use their overly-aesthetic-for-an-arcade venue. I hope we play there again soon.

edit: Oh, and shoutouts for the missing $10 from the prize pool; I wish it had come to the tourney, too.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

I wanna first thank everyone that came out to this, it was my first time hosting a tournament and I had a lot of fun, and hope you guys did too.
Indiana (Gracen and Voorhese) you guys are awesome and mad chill, thanks a bunch for driving out here host a tourney sometime and we'll be sure to return the favor

SoulPeach (Colton) : Thanks for helping with the bracket and pools organization and showing me how to use tio, ur awesome

Just play games (damian and hashlee) thanks for letting us use this venue, its really nice and you guys are really cool and a pleasure to work with

2: Hanky Panky - lol compared to a year ago you are so much better, those sets were incredible. Knowing you're closing in gives me all that more motivation to improve.
3: Paradigm - Great job para, especially beating voorhese. It's great to see that players can improve even after so many years w/ the game and I hope you continue to improve, you had a great showing here.
4: Gracen: GGs man just keep going to tourneys and learning those MUs. You're cool to talk to and thanks for driving down here
5: Achilles : Good job taking a game off me, that fox is lookin smoother and smoother.
5: Corkus: Thanks for cheerin me on GSTAN and also beating voorhese is rly impressive. Dont let peach depress you she's beatable, continue improving i'm proud of u
7: Fizzle Boy: Stop playing brawl lol, you are too good at melee to keep playin brawl
7: Voorhese: Your fox is mad technical don't feel too bad about not doing as well as you hoped, you're a solid player. Thanks for comin down here.
9: Ferris Wheel: Thanks for recording everything Corey, expecting great things in that combo video
9: Lagoon: Get better lol, sry about bad luck in bracket structure :(

MMX and BigR: Always a pleasure
Everyone else: thanks a bunch for coming out, I hope you had a good time :D

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Prince Abu - Seriously well run tournament and well played games. I'm still not over how close that grand finals game on Dreamland was.

Hanky Panky - Thanks! I have been keeping a serious Sheik, for years, for bad match-ups like Peach, lol. Not serious enough, though. I'll get her there eventually and perhaps take a game off one you one at one of these things. Or stubbornly stick with Samus. I think how incredibly well you read me distorts your view of how I handle myself against others; I'll have to learn to change things up. Well done on second - you were *so* close to first, man. Those finals were epic.

Gracen - Our set was soooo close. I'm really eager to watch our games once the videos are up. Neither of us had a good feel for each other at the beginning and both started picking quite a few things up mid-set. I know at least from my point of view, in the first game, I couldn't quite get a feel to grab you. I started getting enough of a read on you to start doing it in the next few games, but then by the final game you figured out what I was doing with those and didn't give me many more opportunities. I got the last game because I picked up on a pattern in your rolls the game before. I have no idea who would have won the following game, had there been one. I really hope we get more games in the future - thanks for driving out east here!

Achilles - *That* is how a Fox should play this against Samus. If Prince Abu used your fox strategy in that match-up he'd stop dropping the occasional friendly to me. Those matches were tight. Like with Gracen, I have no idea who would have won the next match. We need to play *way* more.

Corkus - Thanks for the ride to/from fooding, as well as driving another Samus to this thing. The only singles matches of yours I saw was your game against Voorhese - well done there, man. That set had me on the edge of my seat.

Fizzle - We need to do way more teams. I don't think we had a sufficiently good feel for each other - I still couldn't get a feel on when you wanted me up front or supporting with missiles, or where the missiles should go if I was supporting. However, in half those matches I don't think that really hurt us that badly - you were on fire, man. I didn't have time to do anything but jab-wakeup you from the rest after rest after rest you landed.

Voorhese - Your lack of Samus experience really hurt you. Your stage choices especially - if your Fox had played me on Stadium, and your Puff had played me on Dream Land, as opposed to the other way around, things would likely have been quite a bit different. You were clearly picking things up quickly - you only made each Samus-matchup-specific mistake only once or twice. For example, you reflectored a missle, which is a very natural thing to do if you don't know any better, only to find it ended up giving me an opening. You then stopped reflectoring missles. I feel like our games would have been as tight as those I had with Gracen or Achilles if we had a few more sets before that (perhaps friendlies) for you to learn the match up. I hope you managed to find your way out to more Ohio tournaments so we can give that another go.

Ferris - Baring our doubles were I got to watch Fizzle clean house, I don't think I got to watch any of your matches. However, thank you *so* much for the recording stuff - after two of those sets I really, really wanted to have a chance to review them - and I will! Also, my apologies for getting Wobbles and Chudat confused during our later discussion - not a good mistake to make about someone's reputation.

Lagoon - You got serious bad luck with the people you were set up against; your bracket shouldn't look like your pools. Other than our doubles match, I don't think I got to watch any of your games, sadly. Ignore Prince Abu - if you stick with it, you can get your Falcon up to par.

GunPunch - Nice to see another Samus at these things. While I didn't get to see any of your matches (other than our doubles game), I heard you've got a trick or two I need to pick up. We need to play way more and share some Super Secret Samus Strats to get us both farther up the bracket next time.

DrillbitSammy - I lost to another Luigi, stinkoman, at a prior tournament (OSI 1), was kinda salty about it, and made a point of learning the match up. Things may have gone quite a bit differently in our match had that not happened.

JakeT - I'm reasonably confident at this point in my Samus vs Falcon, but I never really liked Samus vs Link - I never learned how to properly deal with Link's projectile game. I just had a gut feeling I should go Sheik for the second match, and was surprised to see you pull out a Link. We'd probably have gone to a third match if I did otherwise. Good games!

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
Great tourny! Everyone at this was really friendly. Def a great smasher community. I'll really have to try and come play more.

Prince Abu - great job running things at this tourny! GG's in pools. I guess I won't be dashing into any jigglypuffs anymore, lol.

Hanky Panky - you're peach is pretty good, haha. great job in your matches. we had some good friendlies, they def help me think about my game. thanks for the help. i'll raelly try to come out more.

Paradigm - REPRESENT! awesome job in bracket! I think your samus is really good, hopefully we can learn from each other and own Columbus, lol. btw, i hate those moment when we're both sitting in our shields, then I break first and spotdodge then you dsmash me. so much patience, how do you do it?! lol.

Gracen - Good job in bracket. Great games. Your shiek is really good. Your really good. lol. i def look forward to playing you again.

Achilles - GG's. Another great cbus player! So much man in your falcon, i couldn't handle it. Great meeting you, hopefully we'll play more in the future.

Corkus - Good **** in bracket man! That set with Voorhese was intense. GG's when we played too. Your falco is just a bit too fast for me right now. I plan on giving you more trouble when we play again. Thanks again for the ride. Another great cbus smasher to know.

Fizzle Boy - I think we played some doubles friendlies. And I saw you playing really solid in your matches. Good stuff.

Voorhese - GG's man. You're a super solid, super smart player. Great job in your matches. Sry i was a bit salty after our matches. You played well, i was just getting a little frustrated, but alas...such is the life of a samus main, lol. Your a great player, i def think you have the potential to beat some really solid players. Keep it up!

Ferris Wheel - Great games. Our matches were really close. I def look forward to having more tight matches with you. I'm sure we'll both continue getting a lot better. Good teaming with you. We just needed some more experience maybe. I was pretty good at sniping you with those missiles though, right? lol.

DrillbitSammy - I think I only played your falco and that was only one game. I'm eager to play more matches against you. You're def solid, and i sure you'll only get better!

FalconsFist - GG's, that roy was pretty good. When you learn more about the game (and maybe pick up a better character, lol), i'm sure you'll give some ppl a lot of trouble.

clowsui

Smash Legend
7: Fizzle Boy - Your puff is actually kinda scary and you're incredible for a once-Brawl player. Sucks you had to find out the hard way about what happens when puff's shield breaks, but once you get a grip on the character I think you'll be really solid.
Fizzle still plays Brawl! :p

voorhese

Smash Master
1: Prince Abu :foxmelee: :falcomelee: :jigglypuffmelee: :sheikmelee: - Thanks for hosting this tourney man, I learned some stuff =) I have mixed feelings about not making it to you in bracket =P On one side I didn't play as well as I could have, I made the mistake of thinking to myself that leaving for an hour for food may screw me over and I would play worse when I got back, and on the other side I didn't want to deal with puff anyway >_< I hate puff so much LOL

2: Hanky Panky :peachmelee: - Thanks for the games, I learned most of the stuff I learned this tourney from playing you. Peach is a pretty cool guy eh does moves and doesn't afraid of anything. I was really looking forward to playing you in bracket, it's prolly good I didn't though. You would have easily 4 stocked me how I was playing ;)

3: paradigm :samusmelee: - Good games man, and thanks for telling me what you I made mistakes on for the match up =) I shouldn't have that big a problem vs samus since I used to be near 'fro, but I always just hated the match up to much to learn from playing him =/ I think the correct way to play fox vs samus is to go sheik ;)

4: Gracen :sheikmelee: - Thanks a lot for doing all that for me again. I always hate having to accept charity, maybe one day soon I'll be good enough (at life and smash) to pay for myself and pay for YOUR entry fee =)

5: Achilles :foxmelee: :falconmelee: - Good games man =) fox is a good character or something right? Also thanks A LOT for letting us crash at your place for this!

5: Corkus :falcomelee: - I would like to say, that you deserved to beat me this day. I was playing significantly worse than I was before we left for food, and that is something I need to work on (I think as gracen said, it was all mental, I thought about how I may play worse after an hour break going straight into bracket. Self fulfilling prophecy is a ***** >_<) I kept making technical errors and focused on how you kept having time to spot dodge/shine me because of it INSTEAD of realizing you were spot dodging...and how I could have just baited a spot dodge into a grab. Then of course the most frustrating part was when I had you off stage last stock last game, and I was too afraid to wavedash onto the ledge because of how bad I was playing (for fear of sd) and let you back on. I apologize for being super salty after that game. The biggest part to me that made me mad is that I don't believe beating me is a feat (on my best day), let alone a voorhese who is sd'ing and making more technical mistakes than ever, definitely not big enough a feat to jump out of your seat for. Gracen talked to me about it later, and I can kind of understand now, he compared it to when I beat dope at bighouse2, but I didn't jump out of my chair or anything like that when I beat him. Idk it was just frustrating to convince myself I may play bad, and then do it. I have never had a crowed root against me either =P good games though, you took advantage of my missed techs really well sir. Keep at it, but don't expect me to roll over and die for you again ;)

7: Fizzle Boy :jigglypuffmelee: GG's in doubles. That is sure a surprisingly strong team composition as hanky had told gracen and I last night =)

7: Voorhese :foxmelee: Not only should you above being syked out by yourself, you damned sure should be above pouting and acting like you did. Grow up, it's just a game.

9: Ferris Wheel :falcomelee: - Fun games, you should refer to the shout out below this one as well.

9: Lagoon :falconmelee: You have potential, I do have to agree with abu though, falcon is a high skill required character and you don't even get much out of him. He is the most technical character! You could just play fox/falco and be half as technical as what is required for falcon and stomp kids! If you just LOVE playing falcon though, it is respectable to keep playing him by me.

9: GunPunch :samusmelee: Yeah man, good games. I had to go sheik, I was too afraid to stay fox >_<, do you think I should just play sheik all the time for that matchup?

13: DrillbitSammy :luigimelee: I meant no disrespect with that shinespike, I just had no idea what to expect out of your recovery and I saw the opening to shine spike you. Good games though, your luigi is pretty solid.

13: FalconsFist :falconmelee: :roymelee: - Good games in pools, you'll definitely improve as you keep attending tourneys =)

ztritian and JakeT - I may have played you both, but my memory is a little fogged, and I would rather not try to guess which of you is which, so you guys get a generic shoutout >_< here it isl; Good games guys, keep at it!

2 things, I know a couple of you guys said you would come to a tourney we hosted, which is awesome and we will get on that!

the other thing is November 3rd is what is looking to be a big tourney at purdue (lafayette indiana), it also happens to be my birfday, and you guys should go to that one too!

Good tourney

Gracen

Smash Cadet
Abu :jigglypuffmelee: - Great tournament! For your first time, that was pretty solid.
Our matches were quite one sided. In fact, I felt I was boring you. hahaha. But none the less, I did learn more about Puff. GG's and thanks for the advice.

Hanky Panky :peachmelee: - You and I didn't really get many games in. But that's ok. I was more focused on improving my MU with Puff and Samus. You've really made me realize how broken Peach is. Just watching you is actually quite fun. I don't find many Peaches that peak my interest.

Paradigm :samusmelee: - Our match was fun as ****. Either way it turned out, I learned a thing or two about Samus. I don't wanna hear the excuse that I didn't have Samus experience. You played better than me and you deserved 3rd place man. Good stuff!

Achilles :foxmelee: - Wish you and I could have played more than one game. I really didn't get to experience how good you were. Although, it was clearly shown in bracket.
--- I really can't thank you enough for the housing. I'm beyond grateful.

Corkus :falcomelee: - I really see you becoming a threat in the Midwest. You have the character MU's in your region that most don't have. Your natural skill is most impressive.
Really wanna know how to beat me? - Spam lasers and watch me eat everything you put out. It works. Trust me... I should know.

Fizzle Boy :jigglypuffmelee: - Our match was STUPID close. I won out of luck man. - Neither of us knew each other's character! I hope to play you again soon. I need that MU experience!

Ferris Wheel :falcomelee: - Our game was wacky. I could tell you weren't playing at your best. There were a few things I hadn't expected to come out of you. Those things alone told me the way you were playing wasn't on the same level as your knowledge was.

Lagoon :falconmelee: - We didn't play at all! For some reason we kept missing each other. Next time for sure. I have some good Falcon tips that could have you beasting Sheiks.

GunPunch :samusmelee: - What I gathered from you was a lack of Sheik experience. I suggest practicing your spam more. The game would have went a lot more in your favor had you been spamming correctly. Good Games otherwise.

DrillbitSammy :Luigimelee: - I didn't get to play you. However, we got some solid conversation in. Personally, I often times enjoy that more than playing. I would like to play your Luigi when given the chance. As I said before, I love Luigi.

FalconsFist :falconmelee: - Sorry we didn't play. Next time for sure. As said to Lagoon, I have solid tips for Falcon vs Sheik MU. Hopefully able to chat with you another time.

Black Steve :luigimelee: Our matches were fun! I'd like to see you at more tournaments. You're a funny cat. GG's

-AND FINALLY-
Ztrition :falconmelee: - It's always so exhilarating to see a new kid on the scene. I'm unsure how serious you plan on taking Melee (hopefully VERY serious). But none the less, you handled loss and the competitive scene very well. You're at a tough stage with this game. Not many people can handle starting from the bottom of the barrel and working their way up. Most folks aren't dedicated enough. But I can promise you that if you aren't afraid to ask stupid question and inform yourself, you'll grow at an exponential rate.
Anyone can tell you starting out with Falcon is gonna be rough. He isn't easy to use. My advice would be to pick up Sheik or Marth, learn the game, then change mains if you so choose. Playing a tough character so early in your career may effect your drive to wanna keep playing.
All I can really do is cross my fingers, hope this post gets in your head, and wait to see if you've improved from our last meeting. :)

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
Gunpunch's avatar is pretty cool

:phone:
thanks! your's is cool too...could use a bit more samus though, lol.

@Voorhese: Shiek is def a good pick against samus imo. good samus players can usually handle spacies, and i'm getting better at it. it just takes a good hit or too to set up and edgeguard, and then possibly get a stock. If you look on the Samus MU thread, many people consider shiek one or her hardest MUs. Her needles cancel any projectile, so u can really cut down on the projectile threat/control samus has. If you're confident with shiek, I would def use shiek against samus. depends on the style and MU experience of the samus too i guess. but typically, i think shiek is a great pick against samus.... i guess i should go practice the shiek MU now, lol.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
@Voorhese: I know you asked GunPunch rather than myself, but I'd like to throw my hat behind supporting Sheik for your option against Samus, if you have one (presumably you're asking GunPunch because he saw your Sheik and I didn't). It's quite do-able as Fox, but the Fox *has* to be on its game - the slighest mistake is death. Fox also has to know the match-up really well and be extremely patient. Not everyone has fun being patient. If Sheik can read the Samus well enough to get a good success rate on grabbing, that's basically game. If not, spam needles. Can never have enough needles.

@GunPunch: Half of OSU Melee has a pocket Sheik. Just ask us for it next time you play. Plenty of opportunity to practice that match up.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
wtf is abu doing winning tournaments.

good **** hanky panky getting 2nd. i want to play you.

also want to play you again abu.

good **** ohio.

/passing by

voorhese

Smash Master
@Voorhese: I know you asked GunPunch rather than myself, but I'd like to throw my hat behind supporting Sheik for your option against Samus, if you have one (presumably you're asking GunPunch because he saw your Sheik and I didn't). It's quite do-able as Fox, but the Fox *has* to be on its game - the slighest mistake is death. Fox also has to know the match-up really well and be extremely patient. Not everyone has fun being patient. If Sheik can read the Samus well enough to get a good success rate on grabbing, that's basically game. If not, spam needles. Can never have enough needles.

@GunPunch: Half of OSU Melee has a pocket Sheik. Just ask us for it next time you play. Plenty of opportunity to practice that match up.
Yes, i asked him because he saw my sheik. I played sheik against him after a close game 1 as fox. My sheik performed better than fox, the matchup seemed a lot easier. I focused on needling him from above/ running under his missles to invade his space, once I was in I would sit in his space to force impulsive decisions, if he was patient I would try to appear more aggressive than I was in the hopes of having him do something impulsive (what I would assume was jump), if he didn't still I would go for grabs, If he did I would use my bair's horizontal priority to rack up damage (on top of my aerial needles ofc). Once I got him at a high enough percent I spammed shuffled fairs on his shield, because if I poked him and he CC'd it he would slide too far away to punish me. As for edgeguarding I was needling out horizontally if they could hit him, and ofc jump neeldes to hit him lower (off platforms if it was just slightly lower). Idk if that's HOW you are supposed to play the matchup, but that was my best guess and was much easier than playing fox >_<

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
Abu is insanely good against Peach. It's pathetic. Also, were the finals recorded?
Winner's finals weren't recorded because loser's semis were being played on the recorded set-up. fwiw, I beat puff on battlefield, beat fox on stadium, lost to fox on stadium, and beat puff on fountain of dreams.

Grand finals should hopefully be up in a day or two, according to Corey. Enjoy the 45-minute long set. It's good.

EDIT: Oh, and loser's finals *was* recorded, so that should be up too.

corkus711

Smash Rookie
Shout Outs

Prince Abu - Thanks for putting this tournament together, you ran it really smoothly, we need to set our sights higher for the next one. Good job ****** hanky, even though it was extremely close, you're BIG.

Hanky Panky - Thanks for not ****** me too hard in bracket, you're a good sport about the heckling, retorting with "you're bad greg" haha, it's true. Hopefully it will give you some thick skin if you ever have people doing that at a national, next time i'll be rooting for you.

paradigm - So glad you came, you're a fun guy to hang around with. Thanks for trying chipotle for the first time, I hope I have converted you. Congratulations on third, you earned it.

Gracen - You're truly a supporter of the melee community, we need more people like you. We columbians need to follow after your example and make sure we visit the great state of Indiana. You're a chill guy, and i'm glad there was no salt after our matches, good **** on those tech chases! See you soon hopefully.

Achilles - Sorry for spoiling BB for you and also SD'ing in teams nearly twice every match. When we live together next year we're truly going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Vorheese - GG's man, I have to say that I know you're more knowledgable, more tech skilled, and more experienced than I am, ten fold. This is my second real tournament, and so i'm very very new to the scene (check #smash boards posts). Leading up to this tournament I had in my head that you were one of the top fox's in the midwest, this could be true or not, like I said i'm very ignorant of the smash community. So knowing this, I was very nervous during, and prior to our matches, I was convinced you would tap that *** with ease. So although you say it's not a feat to beat you whether you're playing good or bad, I disagree. I know you're an extremely impressive player, even if you don't give yourself that credit. I'm sorry about the little celebration, that was a bit amateurish I must say. If I were in your shoes, I would be very salty. Some no name kid beating me on a bad day and then celebrating.. wtf? But for me it was a breakout day, I've always had an extremely hard time playing in tournament to the point where I freeze up so bad I sd atleast 2-3 times. So the fact I even stayed on the stage, let alone beat you on your bad day was a new experience. Not to mention I came from certain death on the last stock to turning it around (with a lot of luck on my side). I'll just have to work on controlling that new experience (winning, lol). That isn't to say that I think we're THAT far apart in skill, I think that first on FD was very even. I hope we play again in tournament soon when we're both in the zone, minus the chokezies.

Fizzle Boy You're puff is too good in doubles, we need to play more singles soon. You're a smart player, it's crazy how you have adapted so quickly as a Brawler :urg:

Ferris Wheel - What can I say, you're a helluva guy. I enjoy talking about smash with you, as well as playing. Falco mains got to stay tight. Our matches are incredible, we need to play soon.

Lagoon It seems like you have had some bad luck as far as these past two tournaments go. But just remember how much you have improved, it's insane! Falcon is so difficult to master, I respect the fact that you're sticking to him. One day you will see the fruit of your labor, and i'll be behind you cheering.

GunPunch: you're a chill mother ****er. Thanks for not making the drive awkward at all, you're super easy to talk to. You need to get those wheels though, so we can play more often. You have a unique style that I want to see progress to the top. GG's in pools man

Thanks for everyone cheering me on, it helped more than you know.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
1: Prince Abu- Good **** on 1st, a well ran tournament, and the first Columbus tournament in literally a year. Hopefully we see a SmashTime 2: Electric Boogaloo

3: paradigm- Forever lose to Samus

4: Gracen- Talking to you was real cool. Next time you come by you'll get those matches in.

7: Fizzle Boy- Not bad for a couple of Brawl players huh?

9: Ferris Wheel- I ****ing had you. Better keep an eye open while you sleep son.

9: GunPunch- Forever lose to Samus again. Also, thanks for teaching my friend Samus stuff.

9: Black Steve- >tfw lose to top tier

13: DrillbitSammy- Death from salt poisoning.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
When do you think matches will be posted? Gracen and I will want to watch our matches to see what we need to work on.
I did not do the recording, but I have been told by ferris who did the recording that they will be up in the next few days or so, at which point i'll make a video thread

unknown522

Some guy
@ gunpunch: maybe I should use more samus. If I could find a light suit morph ball, or gravity suit spider ball from one of the prime games, that would be cool

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This little tourney was awesome! I was in a weird mood at the beginning due to girlfriend issues, but I ended up having an awesome time. We'll have to keep the smashtime tournaments going and properly advertise them next time.

Prince - Congrats on the win, man. Gotta feel great, especially coming from Loser's and taking 2 sets off that beast peach. I've gotta take mad notes of that matchup. Gg's in bracket too. I was pumped about that one game win I had on you (and actually our first game was close too, I just got rested twice -.-). Im beginning to really hate the fox v. falco matchup, no thanks to you.

Hanky Spanky - Great playing! I'm very impressed that you beat Abhis puff in WF. You're starting to get that matchup down real well. I need to quit getting down smashed so hard against you. Im always doing fine until that gown gets shoved up my *** and before I know it, Im off the stage and getting edgeguarded. Super frustrating, but ive got some ideas on how to deal with it.

Paradizzle - AHHHHhhhhhh I hate you. Im SO salty about our set, still. Idk what it is man, but its impossible for us to not have epic games, all the time. Your Samus is so tricky and I get mindgamed hard by your old school *** all the time. I'm happy with the way things turned out though, you were playing well that day. The thing Im happy about though, is that I finally found a character that I can beat you with. Although we haven’t played the marth v. samus matchup in awhile, it was once in a blue moon that I would win, but I feel much more comfortable playing Samus with fox, and the many more options he has. Playing you makes me really focus on laser precision with fox - something that I really need to work on. After watching you and Gracen play, I REALLY want to work on my sheik and have her be my Paracounter, even though you claim to like the matchup! Just a note on our match, which im pumped to watch when its up, I think the point at which you really won was when I was on the right side and tried to spot dodge a missile and completely missed - and I think cost me that stock (maybe second to last). I was so mad at myself when that happened. And i dont think you missed a single uptilt edgeguard the entire set which I was impressed with.

Gracen - you've got a great sheik dude! Im pissed and kind of confused as to how we only played 1 game (friendly) the entire time. I was really hoping to beat paradigm and get a tourney set in with you but I wasn’t man enough to make it happen. Next time, we need to play a bunch and that is an order! I had an awesome time talking to you and really hope we can make it to Indy sometime soon.

Corkscrew Follies - I'm very happy to share 5th place with you (although we should haveplayed a set to determine the real placement between us, because I hate ties with a passion!)
Highlight of the tourney for me was definitely when you beat Vorheese - Im in love with the hype. Dat falco is getting sick man. I know I say it a lot but I'm so jealous of your laser game. Youre getting good at being patient with your openings while while keeping the pressure on. We've made great strides in our game recently, and next year...well...we're just gonna get filthy. Cant wait

Voorhese - Dude, youre a boss at this game and your smash IQ is crazy good. Its like we were talking about, theres nothing more frustrating that knowing you have an opening and not executing properly, which seemed to be what you were having trouble with at the tourney. Except against me lol. I got R'ed hard by your fox (I felt I was playing pretty sub par too, and I promise you I'm better than that). Wish we could have gotten some friendlies in. I think everyone knows you should have placed higher but **** happens. Sorry about cheering against you but I gotta express support for hometown hero GStan. And I know I mentioned this to you, but you really opened my eyes as to how good CC --> shine is. I really need to work on that. Also, my birthday is Nov. 3 too!? Cool

FalconFizz - **** Brawl. Im so impressed with your melee skill, dude. Its so cool to have someone "come out of nowhere" (not truly coming out of nowhere, but I had never met you) and be able to play at a high level with all of us. Our set in bracket was close and that Puff, with your 90% rest completion percentage, is crazy frightening. Good stuff in doubles too. That double rest......wow.

C Dawg Ferris Wheel - Thanks for recording at the tourney! I think I'm going to try and buy some equipment so that that responsibility doesn’t always fall on you. And I should have told you this but I can always help edit games after recording if you ever want to give me a big file, especially since I'm not currently in school and have a decent amount of free time after work during the week. Gg's during the tourney! I always have a lot of fun playing with you and I always love how you give credit when credits deserved (something we're all getting better at). Don’t be afraid of my marth - im only fake good against Falco, really.

Lagoooooooon - Yeah sorry about the bracket bro. Abhi shouldn’t be so obvious about rigging it next time. The life of a falcon main is a long and arduous road, but keep at it. Your movement skills are fantastic, and I cant wait till you start getting those beautiful advanced falcon combos down. Playing friendlies with you is too fun and we need to party very soon.

GunPunch - It was nice meeting you! Glad to see theres more people in the area that know how to play the game and are looking to get better. It sucks that you have no one to play with though, but you’ve got some skills. Samus' are so flipping weird to play, and Im glad I got a better win in with my falcon than with my fox against you (a falcon confidence boost can be rare to find at times). That was a good set though and ggs in those friendly doubles. Keep it up

DrillBit - good set in bracket. I have no idea how to play luigi but thanks for giving me some insight on the matchup as Marth. Wish we could have gotten a few friendlies in.

Lizzie - thanks for coming and showing support! Youre an awesome gf to Greg. Thanks for hanging out with us Saturday night also, that was hella fun - but not quite as fun as physics =)

Everyone - Thanks for coming, especially Indiana! Im so glad this didn’t just end up being the same OSU group that always plays together. Its so great playing people you never have before.

Im really hoping to branch out of the current city I live in to go to tournies (that include more than 20-30 people). I feel like I'm hitting that point where my lack of tourney experience is really whats holding me back. But damn...its hard juggling a serious girlfriend (and also work + school) with a serious passion for Smash, especially when she is the least bit of a fan of the game. And since I have two schedules to tend to, its hard to find time to get out of the state for ..... a children's game, if you will. I most likely can't make it to the Nov. 3 tourney but I'm really trying to go to ROM. Good smashing guys!

strawhats

Smash Master
abu's like an anti-peach savant; he's super good at the MU but can't explain it to people
You must be priy gud at the puff mu if you're taking him to nearly 15 matches between WFs and GFs(not sure if all of those were puff vs peach or peach vs spacies/sheik)

Also lol at the guy with the black steve tag(this must be bolt and slox's doing, even if indirectly-im gonna die with that nickname. from the CT/NE smash community).

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
You must be priy gud at the puff mu if you're taking him to nearly 15 matches between WFs and GFs(not sure if all of those were puff vs peach or peach vs spacies/sheik)

Also lol at the guy with the black steve tag(this must be bolt and slox's doing, even if indirectly-im gonna die with that nickname. from the CT/NE smash community).

3 Puff, 1 Sheik, a little bit of Falco and a ****ton of Fox between WF / GF.

EDIT:

ahaha, big r was at this ****. what a ****ing nerd hahaha. dude u graduated from osu MOVE ON ***** HAHAHA
lol

Top Bottom