• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashtastrophe 4: Both games start Saturday!!

Vudujin

Smash Lord

Hello everyone, Vudujin here! Smashtastrophe 4 is here to bring the heat once again. Featuring the cast of diverse Steel City Smashers: TheLake, Nakamaru, Taki, Ambix, SilentSwag, DJ NicholasRage, myself, D20, and many more!!! It's all going down this Spring.
So be there or be FAIRED!!!! Location and Date are confirmed.

114 Whitestown Road, Lyndora, PA 16045-1158
(it's about 30 mi north of Pittsburgh)
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=...a=X&ei=L1k1T4_xMuLq0gHi6bHQAg&ved=0CAkQngIwBA
PAYOUT
1st: 60% + A Smashtastrophe 4
watercolor poster signed by the Pittsburgh crew!
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: A Bob-omb to the face.

PRICES

Venue Fee: $5
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per player)

SCHEDULE

M@V will be running Brawl while I run Melee.

Saturday - Brawl & Melee

9:00 am Doors open
10:00 am Registration
12:00 pm Doubles Bracket
4:00 pm Singles Bracket
9:00 pm Custom Crew Battle

Sunday - Melee

9:00 am Finishing up events

RULES

MBR Ruleset: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313252 (Melee)

Brawl Rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

Neutral Stages (Singles)

Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland

Counterpick Stages (Singles)

Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium

Neutral Stages (Doubles)
Yoshi's Story
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland​

Counterpick Stages (Doubles)
DK 64
Jungles Japes
Rainbow Cruise

HOUSING
TBA

SETUPS

TVs: 6
Cubes: 2
Wiis: 1
Surge Protectors: 1

I encourage everyone to bring a copy of the game, a cube/wii, and a mini crt!! We need setups!!
I'll keep track of who's bringing what once you post.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Not in this ruleset.

I tweaked things a lil'.

If I get an enormous amount of complaints for the list I'll change it back, but that's why you get a ban in the 1st place.

The only two I'm really adding are Japes and Corneria. At this point in the game there really is no reason for a player to be unable to adapt to any of the counterpicks, but I guess well see.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
How is stage striking going to work?

You'll have to add another stage to the neutrals or remove Stadium again, right?

Vudujin

Smash Lord
hmmm. . . I guess I'll just put stadium back in the cp's, and just take out Japes and Corneria. I liked the cp list better a few years ago, but if it's gonna interfere I'll just save myself the trouble and switch back to the MBR set.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll get back to you on that once I get the details of the venue from Carroll.

If we do Brawl, I'll dub you the head TO for that seeing as I'm not familiar with tournament brawl.

M@v

Subarashii!
Sure thing, let me know whats up. It looks like that's a clear weekend for me in terms of not having classwork or an exam the monday after(only major thing I got is an exam the Wed. after this weekend, so I'll just study for it monday and tuesday), so I should be ok to come back into pittsburgh that weekend.

I should be able to bring a carpool of psu players, especially if its melee and brawl. Could possibly get the whole group here O_O (6-8 of us)

Last reason I'd recommend brawl too is because you can get more ohio people, since most of NEOH is brawl. Maybe we can get 4% and the gang here for melee too.

NETOmx

Smash Apprentice
Sure thing, let me know whats up. It looks like that's a clear weekend for me in terms of not having classwork or an exam the monday after(only major thing I got is an exam the Wed. after this weekend, so I'll just study for it monday and tuesday), so I should be ok to come back into pittsburgh that weekend.

I should be able to bring a carpool of psu players, especially if its melee and brawl. Could possibly get the whole group here O_O (6-8 of us)

Last reason I'd recommend brawl too is because you can get more ohio people, since most of NEOH is brawl. Maybe we can get 4% and the gang here for melee too.
I will thank you if you do brawl tournament :D

TheLake

Smash Master
OMG THE GREEN RANGER!!!

4 percent you gotta go

if you do jacob and I can serenade you with some music from various disney film

:D

Life

Smash Hero
This is Easter weekend. Looks like I'm free, unless the family pulls shenanigans.

Then again, everyone knows I'm free :awesome:

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Within the next 2 weeks. I'm getting quotes from different fire halls in the area and waiting for a response.

UPDATE: Location and Date are CONFIRMED!!!!!

and Brawl is too. . . .

M@V: What are the legal stages and cp's in Brawl?

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Tell all your friends!!!! We got a 200 person capacity for this shindig.

Also, anyone who can bring recording setups is encouraged to do so.

Please post in the thread if you plan to bring one.

Top Bottom