• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHTASTROPHE 2: Results and Shoutouts

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I made this thread to display the results of SMASHTASTROPHE 2 and have all the shoutouts in a nice consolidated place. Without further ado, here's the results:

Melee
Low Tiers
1: Chu ($60.00)
2: Teh Spammerer ($30.00)
3: M2K ($10.00)
4: Jiano
5: Eggm
5: Vudujin
7: Sliq
7: BigD
9: Wife
9: TheLake
9: 4% APR
9: Juke
13: Plank
13: Nakamaru
13: MegaChuck
13: Pakman
17: Hat
17: Dobs
17: Keerarae
17: Steve
17: ChillinDude829
17: Lyme
17: Chibo Sempai
17: Mogwai
25: Logan

Teams
1: Vidjo + M2K ($140.00)
2: Maryland ($70.00)
3: Cheggm ($20.00)
4: Blue Lazer
5: Gomu Gomu No Aids
5: Team Taki Boumaza
7: Lord Knight's Stupid Team Name
7: Moment of Truth
9: Andy and the Tuna
9: Big Marley
9: Old Guys
9: Soap + Laurie
13: Team Bag
13: Milf Island

Singles
1(Split): M2K ($145.00)
1(Split): Chu ($145.00)
3: Teh Spammerer ($40.00)
4: Wife ($20.00)
5: Swift ($10.00)
5: Vidjogamer ($10.00)
7: Plank
7: Lord Knight is stupid
9: Jiano
9: BigD
9: Eggm
9: BigR
13: Hat
13: Juke
13: XYT
13: Sliq
17: Vudujin
17: Pakman
17: A-Laon
17: Taki
17: D20
17: Mogwai
17: Scar
17: 4% APR
25: BowserTree
25: Soap
25: TSK
25: Harm
25: TheLake
25: Nakamaru
25: GOTM
25: CDCP
33: Iggy
33: AttacusBebop
33: OffTheChain
33: Lyme
33: Lou
33: Logan
33: SpoonyD
33: Matt
33: The Dark Hand
33: Chibo Sempai
33: Atlantic Lizard RSG
33: Frank
33: Atlantic Lizard 9Volt
33: Dobs

Brawl
Singles
1: M2K ($70.00)
2: Vidjogamer ($40.00)
3: Velocity ($20.00)
4: Axel
5: Chibo Sempai
5: Sliq
7: Joe
7: Lyme
9: Mav
9: TheLake
9: Vudujin
9: Warc
13: AttacusBebop
13: Easy Mac
13: Honor
13: Fic

Teams
1: M2K and Vidjo ($50.00)
2: Vidjo got 9ed by Velocity ($20.00)
3: Vudu and Lyme
4: Joe and a CPU
5: Heaven or Hell
5: A.T.A.E.Z.
7: Power of Friendship
7: Bears

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Mogwai - good job running the tournament. And you totally stomped my face in during pools.

TDH - good set in pools, you had the set until Hat started coaching me. >_>

HAT - lol good **** in brackets but not pools.

Vidjo - ow.

Wife - good job on your placings at this, and good **** driving us to and fro.

Plank - good job on whatever you were doing.

Off the Chain - WHY?!

ChuDat - good job on all your placings and such.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Lol @ pretty much all the OOS guys hating on Pittsburgh, I swear we are the most livable city in America (Article: Most Livable City).

Anyway, just a really general shout out. Everyone that I played, talked to, housed, ect. was pretty much awesome. The community is pretty much the only reason I continue to play this game and go to tournaments. I enjoy every tournament experience I have mainly because of the smashers I meet there, who are typically hilarious/really cool, and this tournament was surely no exception. It was a pleasure to meet all of the OOS guys including the guys from Phila, and I hope despite your great dislike of our Most Livable City you will come back again some day.

Wesley: Great work running the tournament, it was truly an admirable feat. Hopefully we will get to see you before you leave Pittsburgh for good, but if we don't best of luck to you in your future endeavors, and I will hopefully see you again sometime in the future.

Great job to everyone who placed, especially Tim who really stepped up his game and showed everyone that we are working hard here in Pittsburgh to get better (maybe not me in particular, but trust me the other guys are).

I think I saw Taki mention trying to organize another one of these over the summer and I'd have to say that I would be more than happy to help him make it happen if the interest is still there. So keep your eyes open for Smashtashtrophe 3, if Wes will pass down the epic name to us, hahaha.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
awesome tourney. are results gonna be on all is brawl soon?

btw if ppl were wondering, i was in brawl doubles also entered with velocity as team vidjo got 9ed by velocity lol, cause right before teams when they played velocity 2 stocked vidjo in under 30 secs including a 9 hammer

shoutoutz:

pittsburgh - youre too far from everywhere, but your smashers is awesome. the city/region should move closer to philly lol

gotm - good stuff in teams, too bad we got matched up with sliq+jiano and lk+spammer lol

eggm - sorry bout ur car lol, but yea, told ya i had no idea how to drive stick lol. man i wish i won in singles bracket! i was sooooo close!

spammer - glad ya found a good controller, i wanna play some more friendlies with ya sometime, it was good practice. id like to record next time

lk - thanks for driving a whole lot on the way there instead of having us risk our lives with me driving lol

m2k - i need more practice with u, and hey, u wanted rob practice anyway so it all works out lol. perhaps il finally let u stay over one night after i move into my new apartment

velocity - cool stuff in teams, i liked when u tried fox. we were in winners finals after 2 matches haha. thx for coming and driving me home

md/va - awesome seein ya all again at this tourney. im gonna travel down there really soon for a tourney, its the only main atl north region i havnt been at for melee/brawl (except pound 3, but that was a fawkin national tourney lol)

plank - stop playing that many characters lol, tho it does give me a better chance to win :)

vidjo - it was nice meetin' ya. i didnt see ya too much in melee, though ur lucas is mad cool in brawl

chibosempai - arg last place in singles melee!? i won my first match! and lost my next two when getting my opponent down to last hit. stupid ppl with byes tying me lol

sliq - i had no clue gdorf could do that kinda stuff in brawl, it rly caught me off guard. good job against scar in melee

scar - FAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWKKKKKKK

pakman - we need to team friendly more in brawl, our double snake was awesome and hilarious lol

taki - too bad my combo vid preview wasnt on the big screen, but atleast u still got to see it and all the new slam dunks. no friendlies this time....

bigR - arg.... watty practice lol. good stuff, i rly like ur falco

d20 - nice meetin ya, ur young link is too good

matt - i think it was u (sry im bad with names) that was the one who housed us. thanks for that, and sry we got there at 6 30 am lol

the lake - there are so few people good with pkmn trainer in brawl, its good to see another. nice friendlies

mogwai - awesome tourney, nice meetin ya again. i wanna play some friendlies with ya sometime soon in brawl (lol jk i mean melee). keep up the great work, im looking forward to tastrophe 3

i know theres more im prob forgetting, sry if i missed u

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
awesome tourney. are results gonna be on all is brawl soon?
I don't believe in that website, as it promotes the untrue statement that, "all is brawl," when actually, there are many things that are not brawl (and I am very thankful of this). If someone else would like to post the results on that site, they may do so, but I refuse to acknowledge it as a legitimate website.[/rant about why the idea of an exclusively brawl website upsets me]

GOTM

Smash Champion
my shoutouts are in the other thread but im too lazy to repost them here.

good job to everyone that held thtock.

SHUKKKKAMUP!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
...I meant for Brawl. It's pretty easy to guess who used what in Melee by this point.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I feel the need to shout out...

First and foremost

Wesley/Mogwai/Gizmo - Thanks for everything! If it weren't for you, most of us Philly folks wouldn't make the trip. Good luck in CT. Can't wait till you comr back to yardley for a few weeks.

Pittsburgh

Taki - we falcon ditto-ed for like 4 hours on saturday night. It was phenominal. Stop playing my character, jerkface.

TheLake - I don't know why, but you are like my favorite person. Zelda is gay.

Swift - stop getting better. Haha you better practice some tetris cause I am coming for ya.

D20 - I am really happy we didn't have another epic set. Your matches with eggm were amazing.

XYT - remember when I said your sheik wasn't gay.... I lied. Good stuff in pools.

Rose and the venue hosts - once again you made this tourny great with all your help. BBQ + sleeping at the venue is top tier.

Random Brawlers - Snake is the only reason anyone should play that game.

MidWest

Vidjo - WE NEED TO PLAY CONTRA 4

Jiano - good set in pools. I could literally see you learning my style.

BigR - Falco *****

Sliq - ***** me in low tiers with link. He uses link's uptilt is like marth's.

NJ

LK - screw you. You are PA.

Dr. Robotnik - Back throw -> run off level -> fair 0 - death What a dumb yet entertaining match in crews.

Spammerer - GAY GAY you are kind of good at this game.

M2K - I see this guy just reach into his pocket and pull out this ridiculous wad of cash. He is like "Scar, Hold this." and just hands it to him while he searches his pockets for something.
Chibo - screw you. You are PA.

MD/VA

Plank - sheik is like not fair.

Wife - We will go to any tourny where the crew battles are the main events.

Hat - Good set. I wish I had hit that shoryuken. I REALLY wanted to play jiano next in losers. You are like a really cool dude. Come to philly again.

CHU - You are the best low tier player in the world.

Philily

Velocity - 9

Chiboner - we totally rocked those brawl friendlies. FOR GREAT SLAM DUNKS.

LK - you wore this like white sweat suit all weekend. Are you nuts! It was like hot as brawls(thanks sensei).

GOTM - Yo, bro lets like ... get some key and freeze it in ice trays. Then we can use key cubes to like chill our key and when it melts, its like ... more key. I am gonna buy some draino and lighter fluid and blow up your house.

Scar(Mufasa's assassin) - He killed ma pa! F****** Peice of F****** ****.
Translation: Fantasy Peice of Florida Cake.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't believe in that website, as it promotes the untrue statement that, "all is brawl," when actually, there are many things that are not brawl (and I am very thankful of this). If someone else would like to post the results on that site, they may do so, but I refuse to acknowledge it as a legitimate website.[/rant about why the idea of an exclusively brawl website upsets me]
believe me, i dont like it that much either. i preferred the old tia site a lot more, although its essentially the same thing, just with a lot of brawl clutter. however theres no denying its the easiest way to display all of the tourney results looking at details brackets for each event, and even being able to click on a player's name and looking at exactly what matchups they had. if m not mistaken, wasn't it all done on scars laptop? he normally uploads to AiB. the site still handles melee tournies as well lol. il upload it if you want if you send me the tio file

lol only i got 2 shoutoutz from pakman! its cool tho, im philly lol

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Swift - We didnt get to play! T-T Much sadface. It just means we'll have to get friendlies at upcoming tournaments

Taki - i just realized i didnt play you much at all either. : / Need to fix this. GL with finals

Rob - again we didnt get to play at all, but its good to see ya. GG against eggm

Wes - Great tournament. Ran pretty smoothly, to bad you're moving to Cincinnati.

The Lake - fun times as always buddy. Im getting better at them thar marf dittos. ^.^

XYT - sorry i got so angry in out set in brackets. It was just super gay i had to play you in pools and bracket so close together. : /

Rose - Lolz at marf FFA. XD idk how the whole triangle works with you me and lake. That was just weird.

Chu - We had a good pika vs Y.link match on FoD. Too bad we never did get any friendlies in. Oh wells

GOTM - we didnt do any matches. wtf is up with me not playing so many people

Scar - I got to play you for a stock and then you wouldn't even let me kill you. Sadface

Wife - good matches sir, horray for powershielding or else you would have 4 stocked me easy. XD Keep the falco though. Its pretty nice

CDCP? - Good first two matches, i fell apart on the last match. ::shrug:: happens. XD We need to get more matches next tournament

Chibo - tough set in tournament. i got so nervous when you started spamming missiles on kanto. Sorry about the brawl matches. Was in a really bad mood because i had to drive to pittsburgh and really didnt want to. -.-

LK - Lol the MM was pretty sweet. How i won the 2nd match was stupid funny. :p GGs son

Alan - you're alan. need i say more?

Video will be out once my school work lets up a little. I've got lots of good ideas for this one.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Pittsburgh.

If you were actually wondering "Were any tournament matches recorded?" the answer is yes, and they will be up whenever Scar and Pakman and Sliq and Naka decide to put them up.

lol, I fail at typing.

But yeah, thanks. I look forward to seeing them.
Wife plays falco? We must ditto.
Some time ago he told everyone he stopped playing Peach for awhile to pick up Falco. I didn't think he actually kept to his word.

D20

Smash Lord
Wow. Just wow. Good tournament.

Mogwai - I really appreciate everything you did to make this happen. It was an excellent tournament, and it ran as smoothly as it could. Since you won't be around to host Smashtastrophe III, I guess I'll have to step up and take over. You rock.

Rose - See above. I know you were really involved in making this happen, too. Thanks a million.

HARM - You are good. Seriously. Man up and win.

SwiftBass - OMG! 5th place!

RSG - LOL. That is all.

thedarkhand - You have really improved. I thought you were going to win that MM with Chu.

A-Laon/Taki - We need to play over the summer. Come to Ohio and Smashtality with me.

LK - Sweet car ride to Duquesne. Sorry we couldn't find a bank for you.

Eggm - Good set. I beat your Yoshi. No comment on the other two matches...

Scar - I guess I'll never see those videos on youtube... haha. I wouldn't worry though, because you killed Mufasa. Thanks for making the drive out. I'll be sure to come to one of your tournaments.

Pakman - Your haircut is top tier. Thanks for coming.

Juke - You midwest guys are so patient. I couldn't trick you at all in our set. Good win.

TheLake - Our matches aren't exactly fun. Haha.

Wife - I learned so much for our set. I made some mistakes, and you really capitalized on them. You played great this weekend. Good stuff taking 4th!

Joe - Play Melee.

Velocity - Play Melee.

Naka - I can't wait to see those videos!!!

Vidjo/Chu - You guys rocked every event you entered. You guys are also more than welcome to crash at my place again if you ever need to. Stay awesome.

HAT - Everyone told me you were one sweet dude. Everyone told the truth. Sorry I didn't get to play you.

Everyone I missed - GGs if I played you. I'm sorry if I didn't. I really don't like to play friendlies during tournaments, so I apologize. I look forward to seeing you all at Smashtality, Smashpocalypse, or maybe even Smashtastrohe III (*gasp*).

Brawl sucks.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
From what I saw, he was only using Falco as a Sheik counter, but I definitely saw him doing that.

wtf, Cincinnati? CT = Connecticut = where I am moving in July.
o wow mogwai is moving to CT? atleast its not THAT far and its still in the atl north. ul actually be closer to philly :)

too bad for you its brawl country over there lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
o i wasnt sure, especially after the huge CT brawl tourney recently, and with all the big names that were there

trademark0013

Smash Champion
that's jus because the scrubs are comin out of the woodworks. also, most of us are trying to at least give the game a chance and make money off it while its hot before everyone gets tired of it.

but the more seasoned players prefer melee.

A-Laon

Smash Master
D20 -- It's about time you've cast away marf and straight-up ***** with young link. I'm throwing out gang signs as I type this. Represent.

Taki -- We're playing all summer.

RSG -- You left too early! Either way, great seeing you as always.

Naka -- You drove me, took me to Wendy's, Arby's, brought the GH stuff, and got ridiculous footage. I owe you a kidney.

TSK -- Who the **** likes The Stone Roses? ...gg, son... gg...

XYT -- Lol sheik

Harm -- ZOMFG DEAD AIM GOOD **** Nice seeing you again!

TDH -- "We're here, mother****ers!!!" <3

9Volt -- We didn't play Smash nor GH. We're changing that.

4% -- I'm a ****ing idiot. I still owe you friendlies.

Rose -- Good **** getting this venue going so reliably. Pitt needed this and I'm glad I could be there to see it!

Wesley -- Good **** running everything and making this all possible. We need to play again at some point.

Scar / Eggm / Spammer / BigD -- You guys made me lose badly. <3 still.

Wife -- Nice controller.

Swift -- We still need to play at some point as well.

Brawl players -- You guys are some hardcore masochists.

<3 Everyone

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
@Alan - Liar, we played smash, and you forfeited a friendly to me after proving that Falco's recovery is the best ever.

more shoutouts later, ive been under the weather

Wife

Smash Lord
Once again great tourny thanks for hosting. Man this Melee vs Brawl is about to get serious. Good thing I'm on the right side of things.

GGs to everyone I played.

EE because I wouldn't have made it past LK without him.

Btree for being as old school as me. IM me sometime BTree and we can discuss MD Pride and Mild Soss and ****. My IM is Hndrix37.

Mogwai for hosting the tournament well and showing respect to my Falco.

See everyone in GA

Eggm

Smash Hero
@Alan - Liar, we played smash, and you forfeited a friendly to me after proving that Falco's recovery is the best ever.

more shoutouts later, ive been under the weather
I must agree with the bolded part.

Also pakman's sig is awesome.

Eggm = BroodWarMasterr (Not accepting SC mm's.)

Top Bottom