• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashtality IV Results!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
A note from WoZ:

"Despite the short notices, which I apologize for, I consider Smashtality IV to be a success, and I've treated it more or less as a way for me to gauge the PA scene and how well the smashers liked the venue.

Here's a slight taste of what went down. Thanks to Hubbs for this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uGvRM-JeyI

I would, of course, like to first and foremost thank Virtual Rush for their hospitality. The staff was of great help, the venue was in a very prime location, and every smasher I've spoken to had greatly enjoyed their stay. Virtual Rush has their own tournaments being run, the next one being a Fighter Game tournament they're hosting next week. Visit their website at http://www.virtualrush.net for more details and show some support!

Having said that, TSA's next Smashtality will be more properly organized, and many big things are expected to happen, so stay tuned for more details. I've also decided that the next Smashtality event will be hosted strictly for melee. Brawl, as great of a game in itself, is incredibly boring in tournament, and I couldn't make things feel exciting. I've decided to fully support melee's cause in it's return. If you'd like Brawl, then you can request for it to be a side-event, but the plans I have for the future Smashtality will revolve around SSBM.

Thanks to everyone who made an appearance, and we'll see you all again next time!"

I've got the Melee results from yesterday. I will update with Brawl results later, and full results will be uploaded to AiB after the tournament.

Doubles

1: Every match I play is a combo video (Wife + M2k)
2: Open for Business (DJNintendo + Eggm)
3: Team Mass Carriers (Doyoung + Sensei)
4: Shmokie (Jman + Reno)
5: HazzBK (Hazzard + HBK)
5: How Unique Costume! (Inui + Magus)
7: Smashcraft (Pakman + Mogwai)
7: The Minibosses (Scar + Cactuar)
9: Team Elephant Garden (Hat + Bitterdog829)
9: AwsmSean + Aoi
9: Dont have team name (Taki + XYT)
9: Team Epic Failure (John + Kevin)
13: Blue Barricuda (General + GodofWarJunkie)
13: Dark Knights (Xzax + Xanthan)
13: The Brothers Grimm (Joe + Jim)

Melee Pools

1: Eggm
1: DJNintendo
1: M2K
1: Sensei
1: Cactuar
1: Wife
1: Reno
1: Taki
9: Bitterdude829
9: Scar
9: HBK
9: Magus
9: JFox
9: Inui
9: Pakman
9: Jman
17: Mike$
17: Velocity
17: Hazz
17: XYT
17: Mogwai
17: Vex
17: Bad
17: GOTM
25: Atomsk
25: DE
25: Chibo
25: Hat
25: Xzax
25: Vudu
25: Jim
25: UltimaScout
33: Classic Yayo
33: Vyke
33: Ryan
33: Xanthan

Melee Singles

1: M2K
2: Cactuar
3: Eggm
4: Scar
5: Wife
5: Jman
7: Hat
7: Pakman
9: Sensei
9: Inui
9: Taki
9: HBK
13: Reno
13: Magus
13: Hazz
13: Mogwai
17: Vex
17: Chibo
17: GOTM
17: JFox
17: Velocity
17: DJNintendo
17: Bitterdude829
17: XYT
25: DE
25: Bad
25: Xzax
25: Mike$
25: Vudu
25: Jim
25: UltimaScout
25: Atomsk
33: Xanthan
33: Ryan
33: Vyke
33: Classic Yayo

Brawl Doubles

1: Pink **** (Mew2King + Jman)
2: Keepitakeepa (Atomsk + Inui)
3: Vextendo (DJNintendo + Vex Kasrani)
4: Titans of Smash (Chibo + Xzax)
5: DangerWillRobinson (JCaesar + Pyronic Star)
5: DJBoo (DJRo + Boo)
7: Team Epic Failure (John + Kevin)
7: PB&J (SSR + Fear)
9: Blue Barricuda (General + GodofWarJunkie)

Brawl Singles Pools

1: Jman
1: Mew2King
1: Atomsk
1: Inui
1: Vex
6: Harrerer
6: JCaesar
6: Rogue Pit
6: Chibo
6: PRiDE
11: Xzax
11: Sneak
11: Pyronic Star
11: Kadiev
11: Deez
16: UltimaScout
16: Superman
16: DJRo
16: SSR
16: David S-P
21: Fear
21: Danny
21: Joe
21: Jim
21: Spade
26: Boo

Brawl Singles Bracket

1: Mew2King (DDD / Meta Knight)
2: Atomsk (DDD)
3: Jman (Meta Knight)
4: JCaesar (ROB)
5: Pyronic Star (Olimar)
5: Inui (Marth)
7: PRiDE (Yoshi)
7: Harrerer (Zero Suit Samus)
9: Xzax
9: Chibo
9: Vex
9: Sneak
13: Kadiev
13: Deez
13: Fear
13: UltimaScout
17: Jim
17: Superman
17: Danny
17: DJRo
17: Spade
17: SSR
17: Rogue Pit
17: David S-P
25: Boo
25: Joe

All is Brawl Link

R3N0

Smash Lord
*/slits wrists*
I'm so beyond sad at this very point in time.
The brackets were so hard :'(
AND INUI OUT PLACED ME!!! */slits other wrist*
oh well I'm better :(

rice

Smash Journeyman
lol, I didn't even know about this

theres a pretty big melee tournament in GA on sept 13,

people should look into it

Tipped Off 3

Shiz, SpeedN, Colbol, Hungrybox, chaddd, xif, and many others will make and appearance

JFox

Smash Hero
This tourney was way too thick with talent. Theres no one left in this community that isn't tryin like crazy to keep up with the talent. Honestly, I feel like I've improved tenfold in the last few months, and I still place 2nd to last. :(

People at the top just don't stop getting better, its unbelievable.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
brawls almost done

finals are still being played, top 3 is m2k, jman, atomsk

4. jcaesar
5. pyronic star
5. inui
7. pride
7. harrerer

full results later tonight

R3N0

Smash Lord
lol good **** jman, top 3 again, lewl meta too broked.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm pretty much the hottest piece of *** in the smash community... errr.... I mean... like...

I'm awesome at melee....

R3N0

Smash Lord
Looks like there were more melee entrants than brawl.. EH?!?!?! COULD THIS BE A TREND!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Wow, just looked at the brackets for Brawl on aib, really good **** JCeaser and also props to Pyronic Star, Inui, and Pride.

You know what I found to be amazing... DDD's grab **** wasn't banned, and as a result I got JV 4 stocked by M2K. Awesome.
Wait, was it the standing infinite??

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Shoutouts

1: M2K - Do you really not like Hot dogs and hamburgers. I totally airyukened you on cornerea.

2: Cactuar - I feel like you didn't sandbag (much) in our match and I was kind of happy with how I did. Rob was gonna be pissed if you didn't place 2nd or 3rd.

3: Eggm - This is like the 3rd tourny in a row that I didn't have to play you. Good for me I guess :-)

4: Scar - +10 cool points for that close set with cactus. -1209473451 cool points for missing my BBQ.

5: Wife - We didn't get to play too much. That you so much for representing some OOS players.

5: Jman - Too good. I will totally **** you in a pogostick money match.

7: Hat - your name is a peice of head clothing. Again thanks for coming from so far. My friend who was shouting obnoxious things in our friendlies was just fooling around if you were insulted.

7: Pakman - You are awesome. I mean you only lost to M2K and Cactus.

9: Sensei - I love how I told you I was taking the short way and you guys beat me home. Come back to Philly soon.

9: Inui - you and magus kind of beasted us in teams..

9: Taki - Good set. Pittsburgh is so far. You should move to Philly.

9: HBK - I wanted to play you in singles. You and Hazz get like bonus skill in teams. Too good.

13: Reno - Your sheik destroys me. Your Marth isn't too shabby either. One of these days I am going to learn how to fight sheik.

13: Magus - We didn't meet in singles and you guys beat us pretty hard in teams. I really want to steal your gannon.

13: Hazz - You probably should have won our set. You and HBK are way too good in teams.

13: Mogwai - Sorry for the lack of starcraft. SMashcraft was pretty sweet though. Why the girl did you to move to Connecticut? Definately made this weekend like infinitly better.

17: Chibo - thanks for taking over Brawl and dealing with septa to get there.
17: GOTM - Wore the radioactive monkey shirt 3 days in a row + 2 cool points didn't come to my BBQ -1209473451 cool points.

17: JFox - You have been improving a lot with that peach of yours. Its ashame the calibur of player at these events is like ridiculous. You definatly deserve some recognition for the progress you've made.

17: Velocity - We have never had a set that wasn't close. Shine shine up+b ***** me at 44%. We gotta train for T6. Thanks for coming to the BBQ and jumping over cars. You are a ridculous person.

17: DJNintendo - All I can thnk of now is your sig. QUIT LIFE! You totally obliterated me in SM3 speed run. This guy win a race in Mario Kart 64 while everybody else wasn't even on there last lap yet.

17: XYT - thanks for coming man. Your awkward powers are amazing. Say Chiwawa

25: Bad - you've gotten so much better since the last time I played you. Good matches in pools.

25: Xzax - Brawl sucks. You are 13 and therefore always wrong about everything ever.

25: UltimaScout - Play less brawl and more melee. Link on hyrule doesn't count.

33: Classic Yayo - DARNELL!!!!

Other shoutouts

WOZ!!!!! - you presence increases the awesomeness of any place by ten fold. Definatly made this weekend a whole lot more fun. Thanks for organizing and running the tournament.

Doyoung - again sorry for the lack of starcraft. I should come out to Jersey some day and visit you WoZ, Copycat Sensei et al. I would like to hang out without having to deal with Tournamnet obligations.

Rob - Come to more things and shout. Also play me in more tekken (and MAYBE sc4).

Vulgar Jim - Always awesome having you around. Thanks for like driving places and hanging out at the BBQ.

VR Staff - Thanks a bunch for holding this at your venue. You guys were really good about letting us do our thing. If you will have us we would love to come back (and possibly advertise this one right).

GOTM

Smash Champion
i barely showed up, lol. i was there from like 4-7:30, but ill do shoutouts anyways.

1. M2K - i hate giving you shoutouts. its not fair, you always win.
2: Cactuar - im becoming you. one day i will ****, lol.
3: Eggm - root beer floats are too good. also, your gonna be the player to beat instead of m2k real soon. i can feel it
4: Scar - you suck. close *** set with cactus i saw it at your place later you little *******.
5: Wife - way to rep md/va and show up. your peach is beast.
5: Jman - JMAN!!!! i wanna be a combination of you and cactus.
7. HAT - didnt play you. good **** though.
7: Pakman - it should be....+ 34587962348756892456 cool points for the monkey shirt, and - 2340895720345747 cool points for the BBQ. i typed random numbers in so see if it comes out positive or negative and that will determine if i can live.
9: Sensei - good set vs. scar. those falcon dittos were freakin intense.
9: Inui - ahh!!! im gonna beat you next time, lol.
9: Taki - good **** as always bro. also way to make the huge hike from pitt. your fox is beast.
9: HBK - your too good as always. still should sit down and play you one of these times.
13: Reno - way to not come back and play pong. its prob for the better, we woulda ***** you anyway. ooohhhhh ****! haha
13: Magus - close set bro. i didnt know what to do on mute, lol.
13: Hazz - your fox is real good. i watched some vids at scars against him later of you ****** him, lmao.
13: Mogwai - WESLEY!!!! pakmans right, why did you move away. that blows. come back for more tourneys. like SPOCS
17: Vex - didnt play you but i woulda ***** the balls off you :) lol. nah good **** bro.
17: Chibo - japes on scar, lmfao. that was ****in hilarious.
17: JFox - we didnt play! wtf!!! how does that even happen. ill see you at sats2 maybe??
17: Velocity - good stuff at entering melee after not playing in forever, lol. also mvc for dreamcast, see me, lol.
17: DJNintendo - i still have never ever played you in this game. that needs to change.
17: Bitterdude829 - dont know who you are.
17: XYT - we didnt play either :(. i had to leave like as soon as you asked me to play to catch a train...we'll play at the spocs if you come :)
25: DE - ?
25: Bad - ?
25: Xzax - you suck.
25: Mike$ - saw you at scars for the pong tourney, haha. good stuff.
25: Vudu - didnt play you.
25: Jim - is this crazy jim?
25: UltimaScout - need to play you too in more matches than fox dittos, lol. tough pool though god ****. all fox pool, wtf?
25: Atomsk - i wanted to see xzax explode, lol.
33: Xanthan - ?
33: Ryan - ?
33: Vyke - ?
33: Classic Yayo - you coming made it the best ever, haha. good stuff dude. i saw your sets dude, close as ****. you had some tough breaks.

melee was bigger than brawl at this as reno said. and yes, that is a trend. its coming back full force son!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
1: Mew2King (DDD / Meta Knight) - Too good, I almost had your DDD though.
2: Atomsk (DDD) - Why Kirby in the first set? I'm guessing you wanted to cruise through losers. Fun matches though, your DDD was too fast for me.
3: Jman (Meta Knight) - May the gay be with you! No johns, you destroyed me.
4: JCaesar (ROB) - Best Brawl tourney placing ever! Man what a scrubby state this is :p
5: Pyronic Star (Olimar) - It sucked that we had to face each other. And we sucked hardcore in teams. Oh well, at least you got to mm someone.
5: Inui (Marth) - We never got a chance to play. I was hoping to run into you in the brackets, just to see if my NEO practice is paying off.
7: PRiDE (Yoshi) - Man your Yoshi is sick. Keep it up and don't give in to the MK ***gotry.
9: Xzax - Good close matches. You ready for ROB HQ at CH4?
9: Chibo - I wish we had gotten to play a few more matches. Oh well, I'm sure there'll be more than enough ROB dittos to go around at ROB HQ.
9: Sneak - Good matches, there aren't enough TLs in the world, he's a solid character.
13: Deez - Good
13: Fear - Stuff
17: Superman - Good matches in pools.
17: SSR - Um, keep practicing I guess? Don't quit on tourneys dude.

I think that's everyone I played. Wish I had gotten to play some Melee. Anyway, fun tourney, smaller than I thought it was gonna be though.

Eggm

Smash Hero
1: M2K - I got rocked by you but my hands were cold, next time i'm going to **** you.
2: Cactuar - ***** me no johns. Your harder than m2k.
3: Eggm - ***** everyone.
4: Scar - Didn't play you once. :( Good stuff on 4th
5: Wife - Thanks for coming and making our turnout better than brawl raaaaaaaaaape.
5: Jman - Sucks.
7: Hat - We didn't play. :(
7: Pakman - Has amazing pogosticking skillszors
9: Sensei - Was **** in teams nice fox, Epic falco dittos and falco ditto friendlies with reno/dj
9: Inui - Did nothing in teams magus *****
9: Taki - Improved alot god ****.
9: HBK - Is too good, fun friendlies I put them on youtube. i totally get 3 stocked in 1 of them.
13: Reno - PLACED UNDER INUI LAMO.
13: Magus - Missed mad rests. :(
13: Hazz - IS THE MAN. Fun friendlies
13: Mogwai - Needs to play me in SC 1v1
17: Vex - Um.
17: Chibo - IS RATED M.
17: GOTM - SCOTM, get your controller back/fixed or whatever so you can **** the balls off inui next time
17: JFox - ***** velocity NO JOHNS.
17: Velocity - GET ***** BY JFOX NO JOHNS.
17: DJNintendo - Had cold hands during singles, but good stuffs in teamsies cuztizie.
17: Bitterdude829 - Um... hi?
17: XYT - Does NOT look like kirbstir. And those hot wings were ******** hot don't front.
25: DE - Um.. hi?
25: Bad - ***** IN FRIENDLIES. Lol, at people mistaking you for me. :)
25: Xzax - Is annoying.
25: Mike$ - Has a decent fox watch out for this man.
25: Vudu - Umm... hi?
25: Jim - READ SMASHBOARDS AND LEARN STUFF, you could become good. :)
25: UltimaScout - We didn't play at all. ;(
25: Atomsk - Sucks
33: Xanthan - We didn't play at all.
33: Ryan - Um.. hi?
33: Vyke - Um.. HI?
33: Classic Yayo - Get 2-0ed by me in pools even tho we didn't play ****.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Whoever made brackets & pools - All fox pool.. really? & Only peaches who both pulled bob-ombs in brackets... really?

Cactuar - Hey Hat! You should team with this random kid over here he doesn't have a teammate either! Your <3 never ceases to amaze me.

Scar - More hyrule, bring it.
Wife - Want to play you again, those matches were close. I want to do a Marth ditto next time.
Hat - Team with me :-P
Pakman - We really didn't play... amazing.
HBK - Am the random guy who wanted to Marth ditto you after playing Hazard.
Reno - Why would you ever pick DK against me? :)
Mogwai - **** dude, my lack of participation in tourneys over the past year really shows in our match eh?

Vex - Funny how we met...
Chibo - Do I get any kind of respect yet?
GOTM - Ok ok, we'll play for real next time. Come and visit us one weekend. We gotta play.
XYT - Haha, Just you wait until we face in winners! It's gonna look like our first MM. Going ALL falcon son. :)

Xzax - We should Marth ditto again ya? Think my DK is such a joke still?
Classic Yayo - Fun playing you first round, CC ---> Dsmash more. It will auto make u place higher.
Eggm - Wants to play your fox... not falco. Keep him away.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Shoutouts:

M2K - Sorry bout the Wii, that sucks

Cactuar - You are a cactusy jerkface. Wish I didn't have you play you in tourney. Ever.

Eggm - Agreed, we do need to play 1 v 1 SC. Let me give you a ride to my bus (****)

Scar - I should've beaten you, <insert johns here>. You should've come to Pakman's BBQ.

Wife - You are too good, wish I had found time to play you.

Jman - You're a little jerk, don't sandbag in pools.

Hat - You are too fun to play, glad I got friendlies in with you again.

Pakman - <3. You are basically the awesomest. Can't wait for you to visit Stamford.

Sensei - Sorry we didn't get to play starcraft. TSA NJ is too f'in' good and I think Pakman and I should just go hang out with you guys for a weekend.

Inui - lol, your peach was **** vs. GOTM.

Taki - I wanted to play your fox :(. You should've kept up with Fox vs. Eggm because you are too f'in' good.

HBK - I'm really sad I didn't get to play any friendlies with you. You were basically the most fun Marth to play at all those old Cheezit tournies.

Magus - You are amazing. Way to **** our balls off in teams.

Hazz - You are amazing. Way to **** our balls off in teams.

Mogwai - You're not as good as Pakman because he lost to M2K and you're a scrub who lost to Scar.

GOTM - Way to not play me at all. Why weren't you there for more than 5 minutes? I miss SCOTM :(...

JFox - Ditto what Pakman said. Your peach is pretty f'in' sweet.

Velocity - Start playing Starcraft with us.

DJNintendo - That drink was pretty good, but not worth like, $7 or whatever the hell it cost. I think I'm gonna take the train down to NYC to play with SWAT sometime soon because you guys are loads of fun to play against and I didn't play you at this thing.

Bitterdude829 - Dude, you got way better, I love your samus.

XYT - hey, XYT. You see this burger? This cheezeburger is a good deal.

Vudu - Donkey dittos!!!!!!!!!!

UltimaScout - You should've beaten Wife in game 2.

Classic Yayo - What? Darnel was there?

WoZ - You are too awesome, it's not fair to the rest of us.

DoYoung - You should enter singles you little jerk. Also, you were restyukened. Also, you were DK fair spiked into a kirby falcon punch. :D

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Despite the short notices, which I apologize for, I consider Smashtality IV to be a success, and I've treated it more or less as a way for me to gauge the PA scene and how well the smashers liked the venue.

Here's a slight taste of what went down. Thanks to Hubbs for this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uGvRM-JeyI

I would, of course, like to first and foremost thank Virtual Rush for their hospitality. The staff was of great help, the venue was in a very prime location, and every smasher I've spoken to had greatly enjoyed their stay. Virtual Rush has their own tournaments being run, the next one being a Fighter Game tournament they're hosting next week. Visit their website at http://www.virtualrush.net for more details and show some support!

Having said that, TSA's next Smashtality will be more properly organized, and many big things are expected to happen, so stay tuned for more details. I've also decided that the next Smashtality event will be hosted <b>strictly for melee</b>. Brawl, as great of a game in itself, is incredibly boring in tournament, and I couldn't make things feel exciting. I've decided to fully support melee's cause in it's return. If you'd like Brawl, then you can request for it to be a side-event, but the plans I have for the future Smashtality will revolve around SSBM.

Thanks to everyone who made an appearance, and we'll see you all again next time!

(Chibo, if you could put this into your first post, please.)

Top Bottom