• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashLadder Releases PM Netplay V4

Smashladder_New_PM_Build.jpg

With the help of former PMDT member SOJ, SmashLadder has officially released version 4 of their netplay build for Project M. Based on Legacy TE, a custom build of PM 3.6 designed for tournaments, this build includes a myriad of new quality of life features as well as cosmetics and music.

PM Netplay V4 comes with additional alternate costumes for each character, bringing every character up to 10 costumes, including additional team color variants of existing alt costumes for characters like Sonic and Captain Falcon. Meanwhile each stage has received multiple alternate versions, all of which are designed to be tournament-viable. The build's music library is more diverse than ever, with expanded track lists courtesy of DukeItOut and chasemcdizzle. Many stages have additional music tracks on top of the ones included in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and PM 3.6's respective soundtracks, and the character select screen now has 19 songs that play in rotation.

For those more interested in getting straight to the match, PM Netplay V4 boots directly to the character select screen. It also comes with the option to adjust controls while on the character select screen - simply highlight a tag and press Y to change the controls from the character select screen or press L while creating a new one to switch to the custom controls menu. The stage select screen as also been altered, with larger previews for stages. The build also has fixed replays with the added option to speed up or slow down playback.

All of this now runs on Ishiiruka Dolphin, a fork of the Dolphin emulator that prioritizes performance. Ishiiruka comes with several features intended to improve the netplay experience, including optimizations designed to reduce lag, and support for save files over netplay. It also provides two different ways of setting an input buffer on netplay - either a minimum buffer set by the netplay host or the option for players to each set their own input buffer.

For more information about PM Netplay V4, check out the official Reddit post.

Scribe

Comments

This is getting me really excited and I'd say Christmas has come early. But... could I please get an estimate on when the Mac download will be up? I'm happy to wait, just very excited about PM V4 Netplay.

Last edited:
wow.... PM is actually still alive because of this. Wild to see JUST how far emulators have come! including dophin!

an have people seen improve versions of games on the DS/3DS that were once on the n64!? like holy ****! these graphics are next level! who thought the games could do this... only achievable on emulators though...

Top Bottom