• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Ground III (12/23/06) at CoD: Under New Management!

WiseLugia

Smash Journeyman
Greetings all. Planning for Smashing Ground's third installment has been completed. May I present to you the all new revamped Smashing Ground. =D

425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137-6599

(Mapquest it if you need to)

We are located in rooms SRC1740 and SRC1750:
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/SRC_12.gif

We will begin at noon, and continue to take sign-ups throughout the day. Doubles will start at 1:00 for $10 per team, and then singles will follow for $5 per person. There will then be an hour long break to do as you will, namely go for food. After that, a free low tier tournament will ensue, and the night will finish with free crew battles.

BRING SETUPS, PEOPLE. I can't stress this enough, for we'll be needing a lot of them, as we haven't had quite enough for past events.

Take note of the rules, as they are slightly different than normal.

Smashing Ground Singles (or any variation thereof) Rules:

-Tournament is double elimination.
-Double Blind Pick may be elected at the beginning of a set.
-A set begins with a random stage.
-Both players may also agree on a (legal) stage to play, but inability to agree = random.
-Random Stages include: Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, and DK 64.
-Banned Stages include: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island 64, Fourside, Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Great Bay, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Infinite Glacier, Flatzone, Venom.
-All other stages available for counterpicks.
-Sets are default best of three, with finals being best of five.
-Four stock, 8 minute games.
-Advanced Slob Picks will be used: loser chooses stage, then winner switches character is desired, then loser switches character if desired.
-Each player may knockout one stage from selection.
-No stage may be used twice in the same set.
-Stall tactics banned.
-Prize Structure: 60%/30%/10% for 1st/2nd/3rd

Smashing Ground Doubles Rules:

-Tournament is double elimination.
-Double Blind Pick may be elected at the beginning of a set.
-A set begins with a random stage.
-Both teams may also agree on a (legal) stage to play, but inability to agree = random.
-Random Stages include: Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, and DK 64.
-Banned Stages include: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island 64, Fourside, Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Great Bay, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Mute City, Foutain of Dreams.
-All other stages available for counterpicks.
-Sets are default best of three, with finals being best of five.
-Four stock, 8 minute games.
-Advanced Slob Picks will be used: loser chooses stage, then winner switches character is desired, then loser switches character if desired.
-Each team may knock out one stage from selection.
-No stage may be used twice in the same set.
-Stall tactics banned.
-Prize Structure: 60%/30%/10% for 1st/2nd/3rd

Smashing Ground Crew Rules:

-Crews may consist of 4-5 people.
-A crew will have total twenty stock divided evenly among its members.
-Each crew will elect a team captain, who is to write down their starting player and each member's character, which will be compared at the end of the match to confirm fair play.
-The team captain will select order after the initial player.
-Crews will take place on only the following random stages: Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, and Dreamland 64.
-No time limit for crews, but stall tactics are still banned.
-A winning player will have their damage reset and start on the opposite side of the stage as their foe after killing themselves enough to equal the stock they had remaining.

Smashing Ground Miscellaneous Rules:

-Obey the Smashing Ground Staff. You know, get your matches done when told, vacate TVs when told, etc.
-Distracting a player is frowned upon.
-If for whatever reason you infract on the rules, you may be asked to leave.

Come to Smashing Ground III: Under New Management!

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Dag nab it. I'm probably gonna be working that day.

:Looks at Calender:

Saturday before Christmas? No way I'll be able to make that. T_T I work at Gamestop, and I'm management there... so yeah. Work first guys.

Oh well. If something changes, I'll let you all know.

DK64 isn't a horrid, neutral stage. It's just that barrel. Right Mars? :-P

Mars-

Smash Champion
DK64 isn't a horrid, neutral stage. It's just that barrel. Right Mars? :-P
That barrel was even more awsome then Cpt. Awsome. Although, I don't think it did anything but stall time. Why isn't pokemon stadium on random?

And where is the smashing grounds 2 video?

fugie

Smash Cadet
That barrel was even more awsome then Cpt. Awsome. Although, I don't think it did anything but stall time. Why isn't pokemon stadium on random?

And where is the smashing grounds 2 video?
Its still being edited by my friend, i will check on it later after im done with my homework. okay.

slomo431

Smash Ace
****, I'm not gonna be in the country on the 23rd. Looks like the Champs of Paign are gonna have to do some recruiting.

Can't wait to see that video.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
I might go to this. I don't know. The last two weeks of December are usually the worst time for me to try and do anything. We'll see what happens.

I don't want this to be a big thing, but why are you having crews first? IMO, it's just less important than singles/doubles, and should thus be sitting in the back of the bus. Actually, it would just be better for me to put it last. I'm in this for the money, and Saturday night is not a good night for me to be stuck at a tournament. Maybe I'm just too materialistic, and have no love for the game, but I'd have to be there really late for doubles. I don't know, I'm rambling now. Just put crews last.

Codename: Zero

Smash Journeyman
No, crews are first: OUR RULE IS ABSOLUTE.

Jk, we're not going Kochi on your as$: I don't even remember why we put crews first, but I'll talk to WL bout it. Everyone cool with Crews last?

WiseLugia

Smash Journeyman
We had crews first to fire people up. And if anything, low tier should be last, because crews are a lot more fun.

But... I suppose if people really want this to change, then it could go: Doubles, Singles, Break, Crews, Low Tier.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
We had crews first to fire people up. And if anything, low tier should be last, because crews are a lot more fun.

But... I suppose if people really want this to change, then it could go: Doubles, Singles, Break, Crews, Low Tier.
Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about low tier. But, I'm very pleased with the new order. I urge you guys to finalize that.

WL, I'm glad that you are open to suggestion. After all, the job of a tournament host is to meet the needs of his players to the best of his ability. Well done, sir.

WiseLugia

Smash Journeyman
Alright, alright. Schedule will be as it has been, then.

CHANGE: Doubles, Singles, Break, Low Tier, Crews.

Stick around for the afterfun, peeps. =)

Edit: Thanks, Awesome. No problem, really. So long as their reason is justified, I'm open to changing stuff.

I do ask that people stick around for the fun stuff after the main events. After all, low tier and crews are crazy fun.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Hm, just the sheer variety of formats here makes these things look like a lot of fun. :)

Christmas break for the win. I'll see if I can make it out to this one, perhaps with the Trail as well.

Quaz

Smash Master
I'll see about coming.. I always thought chicago tourneys were a million years away or something.. but this one is only what.. an hour? yea not too far... so we'll see

dj asakura

Smash Ace
i'll try not to sleep through this one so i can do singles. and my kirby is looking really good so low tier could be fun too (if kirby is low tier, i really cant remember)

WiseLugia

Smash Journeyman
lol Low tier is everything below Ganondorf, so you're good. Oddly enough, my Kirby was seeming pretty hot, too, at the last one. Though, Pichu is always up for low tier. <3

dj asakura

Smash Ace
i love kirby vs. falco, so much fun to use u-tilts, SHDL, and all that stuff, its like using a smaller, lighter, less powerful, shine less, better recovery falco...lol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
u are wrong. low tier is mine. Ill start with dire jr. and if i hit a bump i can always pull out my link to own anyone :D

then again im not sure if i am going to be able to make this, seeing as it is 2 days b4 xmas. i probably will, but nothing set in stone.

i like the order, crews make a good final note because they are more laid back and fun.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
meh, i'm pretty unafraid of your pichu WL. i know you ***** me with it when we played that day but like...iunno, i'm sure i could put up a good fight and i'm sure someone else will beat it, lol.

either way, i have no reason not to go to this since no matter how bad i get *****, 2 days later it x-mas and i get my wii and there's no way i'll be unhappy

Jazzness

Smash Ace
2 days before Christmas, eh? I'll probably show up to this one, since I'll be in Barrington around then.

Captain Awesome, I'm in Barrington right now, but got a test on Monday. Otherwise you better believe I'd call you up for the training (:

WiseLugia

Smash Journeyman
meh, i'm pretty unafraid of your pichu WL. i know you ***** me with it when we played that day but like...iunno, i'm sure i could put up a good fight and i'm sure someone else will beat it, lol.

either way, i have no reason not to go to this since no matter how bad i get *****, 2 days later it x-mas and i get my wii and there's no way i'll be unhappy
I'll make you eat that first sentence, son. =D lol

Yeah, I'm sure someone will beat it, but I won't disappoint after that night with Zec. @_@

Top Bottom