• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashin' in Rochester

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Any fellow Smashers in the Rochester, NY area? I host various Smash events at my house throughout the year. We aren't as active during the summer months, as we gotta enjoy this nice weather before the snow comes! But once the fall and the cold weather hits, we are a lot more active in having Smash related events. We are currently playing Super Smash Bros for Wii U and will move to the Switch version immediately upon release. In other words, we typically just play the newest, official version of Smash. Skill level ranges from beginner to expert, so all skill levels are welcome. We play mainly for fun, but I do host some interesting & unique Smash Tournaments throughout the year with lots of prizes... including Smash Medals (pictured below) in our grand end of the year championship event. If that sounds fun to you, please let me know by sending a message or reply to this post and we'll set-up a time to meet somewhere in public for some Smash 3DS. If we feel you would be a good fit with our group and if you feel like you would be a good fit with us as well, I will be sure to invite you to our Smash events. I have to screen people because the last time I posted on here and someone came to my place, he tried selling some pyramid scheme to my friends. So as long as you aren't a shyster, come play Smash with us! We are a fun group of 20+ people and while we do play lots of Smash, we also do a lot of other fun things too.
medals.jpg

りのりの

Smash Rookie
Hey! Yeah I'm a local to the city and have played Smash for as long as I can remember. Lately I've been wanting to get in to the competitive scene. I've played and own S64, Melee, Brawl, and 4, but don't plan on getting Ultimate or a Switch for quite some time. As a fan of the series, I'm always looking for people to play with and improve (I'm admittedly quite bad).

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the reply! Send me a link to your Facebook page in a PM (click on my profile and then click on start conversation) and we'll figure out a time to meetup.

chigui

Smash Rookie
I've lived here since November. There are some local tourneys and stuff around here.

Top Bottom