• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 4 20th November Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

L-J

Smash Ace
Tamoo's not leaving you Smakis, don't worry lol. I'm gonna wait till the day and ask around for a teams partner. Considering I'll have had a cast on my arm for the last 6 weeks (it comes off the day before this tourney; one of the reasons why I've decided to go) I'm not exactly gonna be at 100% so I'm just gonna have some fun in singles and doubles and not worry about placings and whatnot.

J03

Smash Master
lol just found out i owe another £200 apparently, gonna try and get some financial help now, ill know soon but i really dunno about gt4 xD

Degree

Smash Apprentice
j3ly: still at uni can only come dwn the weekend of gt4 so i just hve 2 pray that all the practising on my room m8s n self analysation of my smash game n weakness in my mindgame n playstyle plus keepin calm in all games n n just givin it my best will be enough 4 me 2 do well hopefully the adaptable training ive been doin will help aswell =]
Well you definitely won't be the worst Link there. ;D

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah don't worry alex I'll still team with you for this, after all, double falcon needs to represent again ;)

seriously though, we're going double falcon whether you like it or not as long as we win match 1 :)

j3ly

Smash Champion
i've not heard from ol'swizzler in a bit, but we are going to **** in teams :) so long as he shows for training this weekend at dgzr's rust wont be any kind of issue.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
i've not heard from ol'swizzler in a bit, but we are going to **** in teams :) so long as he shows for training this weekend at dgzr's rust wont be any kind of issue.
So... my Gran gets back this weekend so I have to move out and clean the flat. If you're playing on saturday then I should be fine to come for a few hours in the evening, but I played like 2 weeks ago so I'm not rusty at all. I have a weird habit of improving when I don't play (or watch videos). I came back from India after 6 months of a no-smash cold turkey diet, and had got a little better.
Plus we had that natural teamwork goin on last time j3ly so it should be fine. But yeah, lemme know details of this smashfest and I'll do my best. A little practice can't hurt right?

Sucks you can't make it Jo3, next time man. Also, good luck with all that stuff Ed, *northern accent* sounds proper awful like. */northern accent*

Kone

Smash Master
It is awful and it ain't getting any better :(. I definetly won't be making this and whats worse Im most likely moing into a very small place for the next 6 months. Unless I find stoarge asap I have no ideas what im going to do with the tvs in my place. SNY2 ? X_X

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Fuzzy's silly comments.

*To Professor Pro*
Fuzz - Why are you always losing to Smakis =S
Me - That was the first time he's ever beaten me Fuzzy, out of 3 times we have played at any event, he's not really a threat to me though, guarantee i'll beat him at GT4
Fuzz - But you seem to struggle against him more then the top people do =S
Me - VA is a peach, you are a falcon which and i'm a fox which is his favourite matchup, think Charles

*To Alpha Dash*

Fuzz - Did you see how Professor Pro nearly lost the set to J3ly
(Score was 3-0 to me, 1st game 1 stock, 2nd game JV 3 stock, 3rd game JV 2 stock :confused:)

Alpha Dash - Why are you talking Fuzzyness, he beat you at that event
Fuzz - Yeah but it wasn't a National

looool Charles bragging about other people losing but then johning on his own loses and basically trying to dismiss it.
Just thought I should share a bit of the mind of Charles to the community :)

VA

Smash Hero
To be fair I beat smakis comfortably with my fox on FD.

Maybe he's just a bad match up of yours.

Also I think you don't use nair enough against ICs.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

He's not a bad matchup of mine lol.

I can beat him extremely easily and he knows how much I can gay him off, im literally not threaten by him at all, and Nair is not the best thing to use in that matchup at all, unless they are at a higher percent

Because a good IC's would just CC into grab, drill is the best.

VA

Smash Hero
You can time a nair so that the hit lag is enough to get in a shine before they can do anything.

Late nairs? Can't they just as easily DI out of a dair and grab you?

It depends, but alright I can see you're mad that people think you legitimately lost to him. We're at a lost to why you did though...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Thanks for agreeing :)

Edit - I'm not mad lol, and I lost because I was just kinda playing on auto pilot really to be honest, john john john blah blah blah but yeah, I wasn't exactly sandbagging though but I wasn't trying.

But then obv had to step it up once that was done, but Smakis has far too many bad habits to ever beat me in a serious set.

Also they can't really DI out of the Dair when you are apparoaching them with it, or even on the spot, every IC's i've played never DI's out of the Dair anyway thus making me feel more comfortable in the matchup since I know im not gonna get gay CC'd grab.

smakis

Smash Ace

I didn't really bother in that match, seeing I was going to lose anyways and was more interested in playing your peach ^_^ (not that your fox isn't ga..good! <3)

who cares though since if you lose you suck, if you win the opponent has x reasons for losing and you suck anyways

I never stated I'm even close to being as good as you are prof, I know you beat me if you enter tournament mode properly, I just don't see the reason for this "bash smakis" contest people seem to be having

anyhow, bad habits? tell me, I know I have them, I just want to know what they are and work on removing them

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool It wasn't a 'Bash Smakis' thing......you know I love you baby :( <3
Originally it was just me showing Charles hypocracy by basically bragging about other people losing but when it comes to his own loss he dismisses it and saying it wasn't important lol :).

But yeah lol, revealing bad habits would be a hell of a lot easier playing you obv but some of them from what I remember was your entrance onto the level was mostly a full length wavedash which can be highly punishable by fox, when you could do the jump up wavedash downwards so you're near the edge or just some variation in the way you time your wavedash.....the way I baited you out of your sheild into making into either attacking out of it or going for a grab, you would rarely roll or wavedash away or try to go some other way out of it...(from what I remember anyway, apologize if i'm wrong of course)

The way you would approach me in reaction to certain situations like camping and other specific things, I can't remember all of it though lol, but will definitely try to help out at GT4 if I can by pointing them out.

But other then that I think if you never mess up your CG's then eveything will be really good.

smakis

Smash Ace
Love is nowhere to be found in your posts about all my bad habits and how extremly easy it is for you to effortlessly beat me, not turning around until me myself state you as the better player. Though I am somewhat surprised you felt the need to defend yourself this furiously even though it should be rather clear that you are better than me without saying it, is your confidence so easily shakened by the words of Fuzzyness?

I expected more.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I didn't say I would beat you effortlessly...I said i'm not threatened by you and if we were to meet in tournament I will win, there's a clear difference lol.
The extremely easily comment is just me being cocky....which is very obvious from how I am usually anyway.

And as I said before, my post was just for exposing Charles and his hypocracy, if he didn't john about his loss and say it wasn't important I would not have made the post cos it would have just been Charles chatting crap like Charles always does BUT since he did john about his loss I saw a fit opportunity to expose him for his hypocracy, nothing to do with my confidence getting shattered (since I won the thing anyway) but obviously you feel the post was mostly centered around you winning which is wasn't.

AND You asked me to reveal your bad habits so I don't know why you seem annoyed for the fact that I presented them and partially gave solutions behind improving them loool :confused:
The only time a post was solely about you was in response to VA's post.

I expected more understanding.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Bait me in to doing what exactly loool.
Raging like J3ly lol???

Deathgazer - lol I heard you didn't want to come VA's just because you ddint want to reveal your improvement or something like that :confused:

But from what I heard you're still the same from a few individuals who you played at that Expo thingy which was a few days before VA's smashfest lol, if you didn't want anyone to see your apparent improvement you shouldn't have played there lol.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
im really just coming to see if i can keep up with most players...

people on my hit list so far are GM jack and Beast..

smakis

Smash Ace
I'm at work, tried to create some entertainment for myself =)

though it is a bit saddening that people always tend to point out my flaws and ignore the things I manage to do somewhat good >_>

oh well, gonna be like wobbles, being hated while destroying people /nod

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
that moment of triumph clouded ur memory of losing to me.....dont worry ill clear the fog at this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom