• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 4 20th November Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3ly

Smash Champion
against ffers u gotta waveshine. shine ur opponent, and waveshine forwards. this should leave you directly below them, ready for another pillar waveshine.

shiek you shine, full hop, cancel the full hop with anothe shine and double jump and pillar. try to time the shine so it cancels ur first jump in a way that the peak of ur 2nd jump brings you to the same height as ur opponent. then FF back down, underneath them, and shine before they land.

they are pretty **** consistent combos to start off with, use utilt when the shine sends them too far, and when ur opponent is grounded and shine is fully stale. they shud stop em zipping off in that crazy DI animation.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I've no idea how much room Tamoo has for housing....but if its good, come with me on train to Tams Brad?

Obv if Tamoo can't house us both then that can't be done, and yeah Tamao housing would be great, I'm really happy with my deck atm, playing Cal helped me tweak to really well (I think lol) but Machamp be ghay so we shall see :).

I'm doing a 2500 word essay in for tomorrow now, then got another essay in for Friday night... after that I will see what day/ time I can arrive etc :p but for now, arriving Fri night, leaving Sun Morn seem good?

Brado

Smash Lord
@Jolteon
It's easy enough to travel alone, yeah, but it's really not fun and kills part of the experience of coming to a smash event.
I also don't want to deal with the hassle of staying in London overnight

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
DDiz - lol You don't HAVE to quote, just put my name like this

'Prof -'

in front of your post and I will know you're referring to me, but yeah that's pretty good you get to practice with KingNDJ occasionally, make sure you are working on your tech skill and become consistent with it, no consistency in smash basically means you are not going to improve at all.

So who do you actually main now, do you main falco or trying to main falcon?

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
against ffers u gotta waveshine. shine ur opponent, and waveshine forwards. this should leave you directly below them, ready for another pillar waveshine.

shiek you shine, full hop, cancel the full hop with anothe shine and double jump and pillar. try to time the shine so it cancels ur first jump in a way that the peak of ur 2nd jump brings you to the same height as ur opponent. then FF back down, underneath them, and shine before they land.

they are pretty **** consistent combos to start off with, use utilt when the shine sends them too far, and when ur opponent is grounded and shine is fully stale. they shud stop em zipping off in that crazy DI animation.
i know some of these, especially the up tilt part, but performing them is another thing, it requires tech skill im yet to acquire

Prof, yes playing him made me better quickly, considering i beat his falco 2 times (out of like 20 :p) something i couldn't do at sny

but i main falcon, which for some reason improved my falco, so depending on my performance, i may pick up falco again....

Tamoo

Smash Master
George/Brad: I can house you both along with the scots, it'll kinda mean that two people will have to sleep either in the 3rd bedroom or the front room but should be a good night of smash.

Also I'm likely gonna try and experiment with a different decks aswell as donchamp

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
hey tamoo, please if ur able, would u happen to have room for a black guy (:

Brado

Smash Lord
I might take you up on the offer Tamao, thanks, I'll let you know asap if I'm gonna come. I've booked the weekend off work so I guess it's best to make use of it haha

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
@Jolteon
It's easy enough to travel alone, yeah, but it's really not fun and kills part of the experience of coming to a smash event.
I also don't want to deal with the hassle of staying in London overnight
I've done it before, I do agree it's not as fun but it's not really that big of a deal, especially if you sleep while travelling lol.

See if you can stay with George, since you two have another mutual interest that gives you something to do when being housed in London.

smakis

Smash Ace
I would like to announce that I'm not coming, not enough swedish smashers traveling from Ireland to this

wut

j3ly

Smash Champion
i know some of these, especially the up tilt part, but performing them is another thing, it requires tech skill im yet to acquire

Prof, yes playing him made me better quickly, considering i beat his falco 2 times (out of like 20 :p) something i couldn't do at sny

but i main falcon, which for some reason improved my falco, so depending on my performance, i may pick up falco again....
stage 1 - knowing how
stage 2 - on a cpu
stage 3 - on a human
stage 4 - under pressure

at least get very consistent stage 2 for all the techs u want perfect by the end of gt4. dont care about losing friendlies and u will learn alot
Falco has some pretty easy basic combos (key on the basic bit). The big danger is how hard he gets comboed and gimped in return.
his biggest flaws are getting ko'd as a result of messing up an edgeguard, and random 2 hit death combos from 80% o_O getting combo'd isnt anywhere near as bad as people think if ur DI is good, recovery has many options too. JD taught me how to return to the stage very well :)
I would like to announce that I'm not coming, not enough swedish smashers traveling from Ireland to this
wut
...wut? awwww..... :(
Ddiz - I think Smakis post is being sarcastic as a representative of the silly logic people are using for not attneding this lol.
ah. speaking of which, i think i managed to convince a group of about 5 players to come, dizard and his homies from enfield - where edwin lives. hopefully they will come, i hyped it quite a bit. hype should come too, my friend eternal raver, intalex and potentially JkR
I LOVE KING NDJ =D
you around this weekend? tesco-fest feat. swizzy at adrians, seans bringing another TV from ur dads house and i think we can juuuust about fit 5 people in adrians room. just, cos u and lewis take up so much space. pretty much sleepin in the hallways in sleeping bags unless u go back to daddys.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
stage 1 - knowing how
stage 2 - on a cpu
stage 3 - on a human
stage 4 - under pressure

at least get very consistent stage 2 for all the techs u want perfect by the end of gt4. dont care about losing friendlies and u will learn alot

practising shl on cpu is next to impossible, they just powershield
lol ofc i dont care about losing friendlies lol, otherwise i wouldnt have gone to sny at all :awesome:

i come to learn and trash talk, okay learn and meet peeps :awesome:

god **** i fail at using the forums o_o

J03

Smash Master
Im actually gutted to miss this as i really wanted to rep top 5 and obv overtake J3ly in them rankings lol.

Moreover it probably represents my third and most likely final exit from competitive smash :)

now if only i could stay offa the drugs id be a respectable fellow lol. Imo J3ly is the only one who can out and out replace me in smash, everyone else is ****e!

Long live Jo3ly!

J03

Smash Master
lol, id need fare down and back + food and entry, and tbh i think the train prices are ridiculous, unless anyone has seen any cheap ones from manc to london =/

Brado

Smash Lord
It's not 'silly logic' when it's part of the reason I play the game haha. I enjoy the social aspects as much, if not more than actually playing the game, so having a group to travel with/hang out before hand is a big part of the reason for me wanting to go to a tourney. This not being aimed at anyone specifically, if you wouldn't mind travelling alone then that's your choice, I'm just saying I'd rather not :)

Regardless I'll have a think and see if I wanna come travel witchuu George, and stay at Tamao's, I'll let you bnoth know when I do.

Kone

Smash Master
Alex - I don't think it is a case of 'players/people from your region' not going that is the cause :/. You are talking about the likes of joe, will and alan who have been involved in the community to long to still perceive just playing smash as a warrant for travelling such distances and everything else involved. For us, its about the opportunity presented to see friends at the same time. Not, seeing how well we do in singles.

Anyway, things may have changed for me. My landlord rang last night to say he is attempting to clear the arrears on the property and thus put halt to repossession proceedings. I don't really trust this guy at all so ive taken the day of work and going into the estate agents to get things ironed out. Hopefully, by the end of the day ill know whether gt is possible. If the house isn't getting repossessed I can make this.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Ed - I do understand that these players are long-term players who are still determined to make the effort to travel. However, when one person says they're not going and a plethora of other people in the same region say the same, it does make me question how determined they are to travel (alone).

Travelling with others is fun, but it is not like travelling alone means you cannot see your friends, and as you commonly do yourself you can afterwards spend more time with your friends at the pub or whatnot. Travel is only a small part of the tournament, we are aiming for the event to be the main focus, not the travel lol.

Either way, it is good news that there is a chance of you still making this, hope it works out for the best. ;)

J03

Smash Master
oh and Ed if you can make it to GT4 let me know obv, ill let the guys know and well see if we can get the convoy going, but firstly make sure that guy isnt taking you for a ride :/

Hope you sort it out mate

Joe x

AmcD

Smash Ace
Well I can't make this even if Ed/Joe/Will were going anyway!

I've got to work 3 Saturdays up to Mid December to make up for holidays I have to take for the Christmas Holidays. The 3 Saturdays I have to work are November 20th and December 4th and 18th.

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
j3ly: still at uni can only come dwn the weekend of gt4 so i just hve 2 pray that all the practising on my room m8s n self analysation of my smash game n weakness in my mindgame n playstyle plus keepin calm in all games n n just givin it my best will be enough 4 me 2 do well hopefully the adaptable training ive been doin will help aswell =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom