• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 4 20th November Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

X1-12

Smash Champion
the 'little kid' was actually 18, his tag was like leileo or something because Brad was like, look! I'm not the youngest one! and actually the guys was 18

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
wow you guys are so mean lol
lol I'm not being mean, someone just claimed that there was 4 smash girls in the UK community and i'm basically saying the truth by saying it's only one which is true lol.

Nothing mean about that....unless you want to cover up the truth by saying nothing and just smiling.

the 'little kid' was actually 18, his tag was like leileo or something because Brad was like, look! I'm not the youngest one! and actually the guys was 18
Yeah I remember someone telling me he is quite old, and how old is Brado lol???

X1-12

Smash Champion
lol I'm not being mean, someone just claimed that there was 4 smash girls in the UK community and i'm basically saying the truth by saying it's only one which is true lol.

Nothing mean about that....unless you want to cover up the truth by saying nothing and just smiling.

Yeah I remember someone telling me he is quite old, and how old is Brado lol???
15? maybe 16 now

Legend-of-Mitsuki

Smash Cadet
NEVERRRRR......Nooooo female espesh not my girlfriend will ever be better then me at smash...EVERRRR!!!

(<3 Mitsuki lol :))
:p It would take a lot for me to get as good as you, so you don't have to worry.... for a while at least.

mitsuki vs profs gf?
I'll play her if I am given the chance. :)

Me > GM Jack

The angle on the '>' sign isnt wide enough to really show how much better though
Soooo obviously

My GF > GM Jack GF
I may not be very good yet, but let's not jump to conclusions :p

Mitsuki's out placed me at all the tournament's we have both been at. She's the one teaching me. :awesome:
hehe ^_^

looooooooooool

the uk already has the highest concentration of female smashers in europe

how many are they, 4?
erm 1? maybe 2?
Me! ^_^

To be honest I was surprised by the gender distribution in my Game Culture module here at uni. The class is actually balanced! Though, sadly, the only one who seems interested in Smash play Brawl *shivers*

J03

Smash Master
get people interested by bringing in a few cubes and let them try it out, imo its soo awesome that you only need to play it once then your addicted haha

EDIT: melee not brawl... obv

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
thats not really true i got bored of melee when i first got it
then i saw videos of competitive play....THATS what hooked me (:

smakis

Smash Ace
can't get away from that though, 0.518 is the limit (unless you mean a better, proper recording)

VA

Smash Hero
Doc isn't low tier, he's like Ganon or Samus.

Shroomed ***** with Doc. I think he's got more potential than Samus, Mario too. Samus is such a fail character.

I've said this a lot before. I only gave up Samus because I literally could not go further with her as my main. In doing so I found out that I am suited to Peach and perhaps Samus would still be really good for me.

But my question was for Ben, why are you giving up on Doc?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Doc sucks though ;(

/e though I do agree that doc>>>>samus but its beside the point

VA

Smash Hero
Disagree, I think mario and doc are both decent characters. I think Samus is actually completely ****.

VA

Smash Hero
Doc is not what you call "****" in terms of melee. He's bascially just behind IC's/Falcon/Peach in terms of tournament viable characters.

If doc sucks, then Peach sucks too, cos she not one of the "good" characters.

AmcD

Smash Ace
What I find about playing against Doc it becomes really tedious (which makes it harder imo), if the player cuts off the options and plays him well then it becomes a hard matchup.
Just finding the right balance I suppose.

j3ly

Smash Champion
pill camping, dsmash spamming and knowing the % bair makes characters trip is docs most effective tactic imo. so simple, requires equal knowledge of other characters strategies (just like with every char) which is the hard part anyway, but his actual tactics are so easily done.

doc also got 25% more growth on his dthrow so he can chain from u - dthrows. finish with fsmash for ffers + shiek, fair the floaties. it pains me to say he is better than mario, but his tactics are too easy to pull off. mario will take u much further in terms of skill level, and in god mode even the docs agree mario is a better char, because doc physically does not have the ability to combo a char to death. mario does, off every hit, if you are psychic with DI and accurate with hitboxes.

however after playing alot with fox, shiek, marth and falco i have to say mario has the 2nd best recovery in that list (marth got too many options aswell, and great char DI). so much harder to stop a char comming back to the stage, when he recovers way way above it.

meh, doc is miles easier to play, and has many more viable gay options. doc gets gayed alot harder than mario though. that cape, and bein 1 game unit heavier makes a huge difference. not in NTSC, because they weigh the same, but in PAL it makes a big difference.

mario lives to 140% horizontally, shiek to 130%, falco anywhere between 80-120%, marth to about 140% too but he gets edgeguarded soooo hard by any opponent under 100% with a low dsmash, and he gets popped of by lame techs such as uthrow uair, uair knee which overall affects his recovery in a big way. mario isnt really effected by any auto combos (even waveshine usmash is escapable with (A)SDI and a buffered roll, or SDIing behind the fox works sometimes) and has the easier time returning to the stage. all he really has to worry about is strong vertical KO moves. BUT he cant be gay, cant pressure a shield for pokes for ****. more buts, because he can combo like a beast, and ofc, FSMASH <£ <£ <£

rustediron

Smash Lord
I think the problem is that there's a maximum length the audio file can be (I guess however long it takes for the announcer to say 'GO!')

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but what Bishkin is saying is that by taking the 'believe' audio and making it shorter in length, the pitch of the sound goes up i.e. the voice will be more squeeky. Timestretching eliminates this problem.

L-J

Smash Ace
I think I remember Ben saying that after playing Doc for a long time he feels like he's stagnated completely with him, and changing character might allow him to continue improving, or something like that.

VA

Smash Hero
ok, well that's a good reason, but i woud encourage him to keep doc. the character has potential and he should just watch shroomed for an example.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
There's just one main reason why Ben is partially giving up Doc which I think is pretty obvious and don't know why people haven't pointed it out.

....4/5 years, very little improvement.....DONE!!!

smakis

Smash Ace
the pitch is fine, but i ripped it from youtube, then removed a channel since go is mono and...ya, it ***** your ears =), funny but ear ******, a higher quality recording without background noise is needed.

edit: forgot, mario is trash, ololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom