• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfests @ Velocity's 07/28

Velocity

Smash Lord
Smashfest at my apartment I have Tables lots of chairs and TV's just bring gamecubes and your controller

Edit: $2 venue fee this is going towards the chairs and tables I'm buying for this and future smashfests and tourneys.

Second Smashfest September 10th, I will continue to have these about once a month. I will also try to schedule these around other events since I can have them whenever the **** I want.

If you're coming let me know via text, aim, this thread, PM, or FB.

No Shoes Allowed Inside.

Parking is anywhere on the street, If you're not sure where to park call me and I will help you.
I'm a couple blocks from Philly
Things that are close less than .5 miles, Mcdonalds, Wendy's, KFC, WAWAx3, Rising sun pizza, Papa johns and Dominoes deliver.

If there's a tournament, I'll try to get rules posted
$2 venue fee
$5 Entry fee per event, There will always be friendly TVs if you come and don't have money to enter, or don't want to. I'll also take request for events.

TVs:
Velocity 4

Gamecubes:
Velocity 2

Smash:
Velocity 2

1. Velocity
2. Cactuar
3. Dave
4. Preston
5. Alejandro
6. Kidneybeans
7. GOTM ?
8. Ultimascout ?
9. Mahone
10. MorningThunder ?
11. No Cash ?
12. Metal Reaper
13. John

Last edited:

Palpi

Smash Hero
I would like to go to this, I'll see what I can do.

(i know a lot of the maybe's are dependent on me, and I often flake out on tournies cause of money...but this is too cheap, so im like REALLY trying to make this)

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully I'll have the car to go, and I'll bring a tv and cube if I do.

Also idk if ill be getting any sleep after watching that video :(

Bones0

Smash Legend
We live in the middle of nowhere. lol Sypher's biweeklies, which are in NoVa, are 2 hours away from us, and that's really the only venue in MD/VA. Philly is actually slightly closer... (just under 2 hours)

I'm looking forward to playing some new peeps though. Plus I hear it's always sunny up there. ;P

Velocity

Smash Lord
Seems interesting. Shroomed ****** at genesis 2 inspire you? :)
Nah I didn't really watch him play besides crews, just can't keep away from the game, but there's still some part that would be inspired by the results.
But you should def come.

Also to bones yeah you can stay and are you bringing a set-up, it can't hurt, I'm going to have a tv for every 2-3 people for sure.

:phone:

MM Distortion

Smash Apprentice
i'm looking to come to this, and bring 3-4 more people, i'm not sure if i can go yet, but i'll let you know by tomorrow

also if i can go i'll be able to bring a cube, and one of my friends will be able to bring a full setup

Velocity

Smash Lord
i'm looking to come to this, and bring 3-4 more people, i'm not sure if i can go yet, but i'll let you know by tomorrow

also if i can go i'll be able to bring a cube, and one of my friends will be able to bring a full setup
****ing Awesome, that'll be like 6+ setups easily.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Velocity this is looking like local tournament status attendance, I'll def bring a recording setup if I come with eggm.

If a reasonable amount of people come do you wanna get a singles bracket going on? $5 entry, or free even?

Edit: Oh nvm I read in the OP you'll host a full tourney if good attendance. Good ****

Velocity

Smash Lord
Velocity this is looking like local tournament status attendance, I'll def bring a recording setup if I come with eggm, if a reasonable amount of people come do you wanna get a singles bracket going on? $5 entry, or free even? Oh nvm I read in the OP you'll host a full tourney if good attendance.
Yeah you guys can come, we will be doing a tournament, there is also going to be a

$2 dollar venue fee(sorry about this)

this is going to go towards buying some chairs, and a table since seating will be extremely limited without them and they aren't cheap, plus the tables I was going to borrow are going to be used for a yard sale, but I intend to use them for multiple fest/tourneys here since the response has been good and I can hold these with very little notice and can be very flexible around the other tourneys.

Entry for the tourney will be $5 per person for singles and I may do doubles depending on the demand if so $10 per team.

Recording set up is ****, hope you guys all make it out.

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
Yeah you guys can come, we will be doing a tournament, there is also going to be a

$2 dollar venue fee(sorry about this)

this is going to go towards buying some chairs, and a table since seating will be extremely limited without them and they aren't cheap, plus the tables I was going to borrow are going to be used for a yard sale, but I intend to use them for multiple fest/tourneys here since the response has been good and I can hold these with very little notice and can be very flexible around the other tourneys.

Entry for the tourney will be $5 per person for singles and I may do doubles depending on the demand if so $10 per team.

Recording set up is ****, hope you guys all make it out.
venue fee is legit, heck i would have prob donated anyway if there wasnt one and you asked lol

if anyone has some easy folding chairs to bring, i imagine that would be useful.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I should be able to bring at least one full setup (TV + Cube). I can probably bring a few chairs, too.

kyfkjfkiujhg

Sabs801

Smash Rookie
Special Ed here.

Looking to bring my setup minus a tv. If Snips comes with his tv, we gots a full setup :)

Can't wait, I've always wanted to play friendlies with you, Velocity :D

Velocity

Smash Lord
good **** everyone see everyone tomorrow got the tables power cords, Dot Eater is coming over now, will have chairs by tomorrow, will probably have a room for the tourney/ warm up when it's going on and another room dedicated to friendlies, also got a 3rd AC unit to keep things cool. I'll update the list later, still sounds like 9 TV's if i find a way to turn one of them on.

MM Distortion

Smash Apprentice
ok i'm definitly coming to this, the other people i was talking about were special ed, lt. smash, Da Shuffla, and weegee nation. weegee nation and Da Shuffla can't come. i can still bring my cube, and like special ed said he's bringing his setup. can't wait this looks like its gonna be awesome

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
danggg, so many people and setups. good stuff. velocity, is that church parking lot that you mentioned available to us?

Velocity

Smash Lord
ok i'm definitly coming to this, the other people i was talking about were special ed, lt. smash, Da Shuffla, and weegee nation. weegee nation and Da Shuffla can't come. i can still bring my cube, and like special ed said he's bringing his setup. can't wait this looks like its gonna be awesome
It will be awesome who else can throw a fest like this in 4 ****ing days I run **** better in less time then chibo does in 4 months lulz

MM Distortion

Smash Apprentice
special ed lives in yardley, dlew and weegee nation live in ivyland. i'm only bringing dlew, special ed is coming before us around like 12 and then me and dlew will be there round 1

Top Bottom