• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfest Thursday, September 1st at 5pm. Brawl

Gichan

Smash Champion
Ok I posted it in gtan general thread but here's a social thread on it. I'll update this one for any future casuals.

9 Redhill ave (unit 1, downstairs)

Thurs, Sept 1st, 2011
Starts at 5pm

1. fUddo
2. poke
3. dirt
4. Pharaoh
5. Ambrose

TVs: 5 (the fifth one makes a weird annoying sound but will be used if really needed)

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
since i live like 2 mins away and i'm gonna finish my last midterm for the week that morning, i'm most likely down

Gichan

Smash Champion
LOLO GTFO Jack! Nah kidding, you can slap me around in both brawl and MvC3 then.

by the way I moved, remember? I'll tell you on msn soon. Still close as **** though.

fUddO

Smash Ace
I think I can make it to this. My class (at York) ends at ~4:30, so I probably can't get there til 5:30-6. If I'm coming, I'm bringing a Wii. Friend of Dirt and me should be coming as well, as long as he doesn't have work.

Gichan

Smash Champion
don't worry calv, maybe next time. i want toronto to ****ing step up cause we a joke lol.

k looks like it is capped, even if fuddo's homeboy don't come i have another friend coming. my place is small so it might be cramped. i should cap at even lower next time lol.

fUddO

Smash Ace
In the future I should be able to host some smashfests, since I do have a decent amount of space and 2 CRTs. I still need to talk it over with my parents though; living at home definitely has major downsides.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I just realized the address is in the OP. Wow, I really know how to not read an OP.

I'm also pretty sure today isn't the 14th.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Good **** guys, was a ****load of fun.

I can't help it, today was so enjoyable I might do one again next week lol. I'll be using this thread to update for futre smashfests. I think I'll always keep either ssfiv or mvc3 as well. Next time I should have the other two small tvs as well. I'll be putting one of them on the table.

Once again, sorry for my small place.

Dirt- remember my ****ty advice, hopefully it will help

fuddo- damn you are getting so much better so quickly. I hope you rep toronto well soon. Sorry for my saltiness during the MK match I was just sooo madly disappointed in you going MK. Seriously, we have enough of these and if people keep doing this our metagame will always be hindered and our scene won't find an answer to MK. Your Pit is very good, don't give up such hope in him so quickly.

Jack- man, can't you just play brawl to stop this embarassment of ours in brawl? lolol. Toronto sucks, we need everyone.

Hope to see you guys next time.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Lol, I'm definitely not going to become a MK main. I definitely shouldn't have gone MK that match too, I need as much experience against high tiers as I can get. Overall, awesome smashfest, keep it up! Next week is reading week for me, so my schedule is pretty fluid at this point.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
fuddo- damn you are getting so much better so quickly. I hope you rep toronto well soon. Sorry for my saltiness during the MK match I was just sooo madly disappointed in you going MK. Seriously, we have enough of these and if people keep doing this our metagame will always be hindered and our scene won't find an answer to MK. Your Pit is very good, don't give up such hope in him so quickly.
The more MK players we have, the more MK styles we experience, therefore the more answers we can develop against MK... lol

.decoy

Smash Ace
is this happening on the 23rd as well? im confused by the title.
i'm back for reading week though and would be down to chill with og mo****as like gi haha

Gichan

Smash Champion
I don't know yet. It seems I'm working Wednesday so I guess that can't happen. the title does indeed mean that I wanted one on the 23rd. buyt I'll try to get one during this week. Possibly friday?

And Tin, I bet you right now that if this MK trend continues this scene dies once again. I'll defnitely be one to leave to, I'm tired of this bull**** MK business it has to change. To me if someone leves their char for MK they are definitely weak. **** I should play MK and watch me place higher. He's that gay. I can name a thousand transformations of mediocre to stardom cause of MK.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I just realized that Friday isn't an option for me. Y'see, I turn 19 next week, and my parents want to do something this Friday.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'll see if we can do the stuff for my birthday on Sunday instead.

Also, apparently from what I've seen of good GaWs, I should be using Judgment more.

Gichan

Smash Champion
wtf? No one else coming by tomorrow to get dat training? What about you downtown boys, poke, XP, puffmaster, neko...?

Anyways, could one of you guys bring like a 2L bottle of pop please? lol, I did groceries todaty and forgot to get one or two. Have styrofoam cups for nothing.

Gichan

Smash Champion
GGs to all again guys. Sorry to fUddo who got stuck playing a scrub for the rest of the night when marvel was put in loool. I really did want to play more after but everytime, be it food, or some inquiry like when i had to call Rogers or something, I couldn't get in more.

Anyways to those who want to come to these, especially those who play multiple games and want to get better in them, I encourage you to come out. This is also a good way to get into MvC3 with people you are familiar with. Jack is pretty good and he can help you guys out.

Also, fUddo getting legit at brawl, can't wait to see when he gets on PR.

Barrier

Smash Cadet
> Try playing Yoshi
> Casual friend plays Pit, beat me using arrow > combo > grab
> Extremely sad, but **** him using Snake. Three stock
> Samus two stocks him
> Yoshi sucks and can't camp regardless
> Feel better afterward

Weekdays are generally bad, though. Can there be a Melee setup too?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Learn to DR as Yoshi.

Also I may have a decent secondary for my bad MUs. Unfortunately it's a character with a bit of a learning curve, so I'll be worrying about him later.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... I might come down to this, depends on my rehearsal schedule.

EDIT: Nope. Eh. Wish I could have come down this weekend, maybe another time though.

Top Bottom