• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 SmashFest free promo objects.

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
Well with smashfest day one over where I live over I feal the need to post a few items that best buy was offering to the players after they finished playing SSB4 WiiU. I do have to say though that both the community of players and Nintendo did a great job at smash-fest. The wiiu demo its self was nice however the line was long if you arrived their late. While I was only 76 in Que me and some nearby fans decided to play a mixture of Mario kart and Pokemon on our 3ds's. With that said I have to thank the other members who attained the event in Woodbridge for the amazing time I had.

Without a further ado here are some of the free promo objects my best buy gave out. Also I do not own any of these images or claim them as my own. The following art/advertisement belongs to Bestbuy and Nintendo and other if any other company.

Now these are two circle stickers both are separate from one another

Now this one is a pre order card for the 3ds. When I asked a bestbuy employee he stated that anyone who pre orders the game during smash fest will receive one of the coins.

along with these two items there was two smash pins one with the 3ds and wiiUu game the other with just a plain smash symble. There was also a smash necklaces that could hold a name tag .My best buy was also giving away old merc (Mario wiiu stickers, Mario kart 8 flags)

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
They misled us about the coins (not that I care). We were told the first 100 or something get coins, but instead, they're just giving them to anyone that pre-orders at Best Buy.

The Dallas event was a clusterF. They booted up the character select screen, and then the game froze, and they took 30+ minutes swapping in different TVs, the lady on the phone, etc to try to reboot the game. Finally got working, but it was frustrating. Also, the line was terrible...was more of a congested blob and people just worked their way toward the front.

But hey, I got a sticker and got to play the game twice!

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
nice I only got to play two 2 min games back to back but it was fun. I kinda liked the 3ds controls over the wiiu pro controller. Also we played a different version of the game. The smashfest game could only be played with the wiiu pro controller.

The game also crashed here but it was welcomed with a long line of applause. I could see the line being unbearable without a 3ds however if it was organized like over here it was real nice. Oh and the moment when the Nintendo reps took out and buckled their 3ds we were all in aw.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I played the Wii U version got some stickers and pins/ badges, pics are in the experience thread.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
So you get the coin when you pick up the game on release, yes?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
So you get the coin when you pick up the game on release, yes?
At mine the first 35 people filled out a paper thing and Best Buy will mail it when they come in to each person who filled out their information.

(when the coins come in)

Last edited:

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet

A Mario Kart 8 Flag, a Wii Fit U Headband, 2 Smash Brothers Stickers, and 2 Smash Brothers Buttons.

I had gotten a preorder card for the Wii U version instead.

Top Bottom