• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
PROBABLY not making this
If things change I'll post.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe any Ryanair flights from the Netherlands to Norway are scheduled. You're probably going to have to go to Brussels (Charleroi). That's what Ryuker, Faab and Zgetto did last time.
i will ask them about how they will get there , thanks.

Or fly to Gothenburg and take the bus/train with the Swedish smashers from there.
How much costs this and how long will it take to get there?
Im serious considering if it is cheap

Smasher89

Smash Lord
How much costs this and how long will it take to get there?
Im serious considering if it is cheap
Not sure if the link works but tries with a example: http://www.swebus.se/Express/Sokres...01&epslanguage=sv-SE#bookingSearchResultsAway

Tickets for the tournaments date does not seem to be up yet.
Atm the cheapest ticket towards from Landvetter airport(if that´s the correct airport) > oslo sentral (from which you´ll need to take a train, found at nsb.no) is for 139 sek, but takes 9h 15min.

The the usual price seems to be from 200sek + - 30sek (ca 20eur +-3eur) and takes 4hrs 25 min, from Landvetter airport>Oslo S.

ByrZ

Smash Rookie
I'm interested from Finland and will try to get some more finns interested as well.

Edit: my friend Cosmos is interested too.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Now we got a banner for the event, and an exact number of 250 entrants has been signed on the interest list. GJ!
Starting to get a lot of things settled. Hopefully we get the online booking deal done by January! :D

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Ey Tonbe3rry, how is promoting this tournament for other games going for you?
Im glad we got 250 entrants right now, but lets be honest. There are not going to be over 2000 melee players over there.
So any luck convincing other communities from another game to be attenting your tournament?
im trying to help out cause im excited about this!
Im willing to ask around on the net for you if you need any help with this.

Also, more people need to be posting here to hype the hype!

Edit: Are you trying to find more sponsors or stick to mad-croc energy only?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Ey Tonbe3rry, how is promoting this tournament for other games going for you?
Im glad we got 250 entrants right now, but lets be honest. There are not going to be over 2000 melee players over there.
So any luck convincing other communities from another game to be attenting your tournament?
im trying to help out cause im excited about this!
Im willing to ask around on the net for you if you need any help with this.

Also, more people need to be posting here to hype the hype!

Edit: Are you trying to find more sponsors or stick to mad-croc energy only?
Hey, bro!
The promoting of the other tournaments are pretty much done by the other communities. I'm still in the process of getting that online booking working, but I'll start working with the other stuff as soon as that is done. Like sponsors: They often like to be asked a bit closer to the tournament date, so I'll start working on that early next year. But yes, there will be a lot more sponsors, indeed :)
Things will step up when I get that booking system up and going, which is expected late in January.

But yes, we got the Norwegian fighting community (Round1KO), which got the most common fighting games like Street Fighter, Tekken and Marvel VS Capcom, and they will have tourneys in those games. We also got the Halo community of Norway.

Beat!

Smash Master
This tournament deserves a sticky and should get one as soon as possible. It would def. increase the likelihood of american attendance.

Paju

Smash Journeyman
NamiNami and I just bought our plane tickets, so we are confirmed. =) Can someone from Oslo house us? We will arrive in Oslo on monday 9.7. and need housing from monday to friday and then again after tournament the night between sunday and monday (15.-16.7.). We would also be very interested to do some sightseeing around Oslo as neither of us have never been to Norway before.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I'm coming

Novi

Finland

I also need housing, I'm coming on the same plane as NamiNami and Paju (Mon 9.7.2012)

saska

Smash Cadet
I (saska, Finland) just bought tickets so I'm coming. I look forward to meet new people and of course seeing familiar faces again.

I also need housing, I'm coming on the same plane as Novi, NamiNami and Paju (Mon 9.7.2012)

VilNess

Smash Champion
I just booked my plane tickets to, so I´ll be there! :)
I will come 12.7 and leave 16.7
Getting excited!

NamiNami

Smash Apprentice
Finland stepping it up!!

The houser for us doesn't need to be the same for the whole week. If there are people living close to each other we could move to other houses as well.

Top Bottom